Identified! FL - Big Cypress Natl Preserve, Male Hiker, Denim & “Mostly Harmless” July 2018 - Vance Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember as a response to the idea that the UID could be a foreigner, I said upthread that Americans look different from Europeans? The pickpockets in Paris rely on that fact: they can tell an American tourist a block away.

Here's a less vague description than mine about differences. Yup... "The Agency" has this figured out. Enjoy!

"Former CIA Chief explains how spies use disguises"

Interesting watch....thank you RickshawFan!

Remember as a response to the idea that the UID could be a foreigner, I said upthread that Americans look different from Europeans? The pickpockets in Paris rely on that fact: they can tell an American tourist a block away.

Here's a less vague description than mine about differences. Yup... "The Agency" has this figured out. Enjoy!

"Former CIA Chief explains how spies use disguises"

That was really interesting, thanks for posting @RickshawFan. Wish I had a job as amazing sounding as "Chief of Disguise" for the CIA!

Would it be next-to-impossible and far too expensive to locate a national transport company to help promote identification?? 'Like a fleet of trucks traveling across the US bearing a large photo and LE's phone number?? Yeah, it's impossible but I'm out of ideas to spread the word. :(

I seriously doubt he was in disguise, as many people have photos of him, even videos, and he looks the same in all - and in the police sketch.
You must have misunderstood? I haven’t suggested anywhere that the hiker was disguised.

I am wondering about tattoos. Is it an absolute known fact that this UID didn't have a single tattoo, even a faded- barely distinguishable tattoo on his back where perhaps there were areas of decomposition? If someone has a small, barely there tattoo should they be ruled out on that basis?

I am wondering about tattoos. Is it an absolute known fact that this UID didn't have a single tattoo, even a faded- barely distinguishable tattoo on his back where perhaps there were areas of decomposition? If someone has a small, barely there tattoo should they be ruled out on that basis?
The investigators said he had absolutely no tattoos and they were quite sure of it. He may have had a faint scar on his abdomen.

The investigators said he had absolutely no tattoos and they were quite sure of it. He may have had a faint scar on his abdomen.

Correct. From NAMUS:

Scar/mark
Possible indistinct fine linear scar across abdomen. Very faint.

Unidentified Person Case

We have not talked much about the scar. I wonder what it could be from? Some kind of surgery? He told other hikers that he used to be heavy before he started hiking. Perhaps he had surgery to remove extra skin after he lost weight? What else could leave a linear scar across the abdomen for a man? Hernia surgery? There's no mention that he is missing any organs such as appendix or gallbladder so I'm thinking those are out. What else?

What else could leave a linear scar across the abdomen for a man? Hernia surgery? There's no mention that he is missing any organs such as appendix or gallbladder so I'm thinking those are out. What else?

I've had small bowel resection. My terminal ileum is gone but I'm not technically missing any entire organs and the scar is linear and faint, but you still see tiny dots on the sides from staples. I require B12 injections monthly or else pernicious anemia creeps in and makes me ill. Every time I look at ol' MostlyHarmless and those circles around his eyes and think about 83 pounds... I can't help but wonder if he died from pernicious anemia or even just malabsorbtion.

If so, he might have had a gastroenterologist or GI surgeon.

Last edited:
I think they would have been able to tell if he’d had any sort of surgery concerning the organs in his abdomen. Skin removal definitely is a possibility. Though, this would be more likely if he’d had a gastric bypass or some other surgery which would have caused him too lose weight very fast. He wasn’t that old yet so unless he was extremely overweight, I’m not sure if gradually losing weighy by dieting and sporting would have caused the issue of extra skin. But I am by no means an expert on this!

It’s also possible that he had a mole or an extra nipple of something of the kind removed. Or he may have been in an accident or just injured himself at a time. I wish we had a picture of the scar...

I don’t think it’s a surgical incision because they should have been able to tell if that was the case. Most procedures have fixed entry points. Plus as EllieGato already stated, you should be able to see tiny dots around the scar of where the staples/stitches once were.

The fact that they stress multiple times that the scar is “very” faint, makes it seem more likely that it was caused by some superficial injury. Something that didn’t require stitches.

Added for (future) reference:

scars.jpg

I think they would have been able to tell if he’d had any sort of surgery concerning the organs in his abdomen. Skin removal definitely is a possibility. Though, this would be more likely if he’d had a gastric bypass or some other surgery which would have caused him too lose weight very fast. He wasn’t that old yet so unless he was extremely overweight, I’m not sure if gradually losing weighy by dieting and sporting would have caused the issue of extra skin. But I am by no means an expert on this!

It’s also possible that he had a mole or an extra nipple of something of the kind removed. Or he may have been in an accident or just injured himself at a time. I wish we had a picture of the scar...

I don’t think it’s a surgical incision because they should have been able to tell if that was the case. Most procedures have fixed entry points. Plus as EllieGato already stated, you should be able to see tiny dots around the scar of where the staples/stitches once were.

The fact that they stress multiple times that the scar is “very” faint, makes it seem more likely that it was caused by some superficial injury. Something that didn’t require stitches.

Added for (future) reference:

scars.jpg
My husband was 10 stone over weight and lost the weight himself through diet and exercise over 2/3 years and he was about 27/28 at the time and he still had the issue of loose skin. I suppose it depends on how much over his ideal weight he was.

I still cannot stop thinking about denim as he reminds me so much of my husband. Same kind of age, looks and the walking/hiking.

How can no one be missing him yet? He’s been gone over 18 months now surely someone has to? Or did he burn all his bridges before he set off in New York back in 2017?!

My husband was 10 stone over weight and lost the weight himself through diet and exercise over 2/3 years and he was about 27/28 at the time and he still had the issue of loose skin. I suppose it depends on how much over his ideal weight he was.

I still cannot stop thinking about denim as he reminds me so much of my husband. Same kind of age, looks and the walking/hiking.

How can no one be missing him yet? He’s been gone over 18 months now surely someone has to? Or did he burn all his bridges before he set off in New York back in 2017?!

He might have kept in contact with relatives or friends while hiking but perhaps only every few months. Perhaps he wrote letters or sent postcards and mailed them as he went or borrowed a phone when he was able? It's possible they knew he was hiking a long hike without any phone and it's possible they did not know when they would hear from him again. But by now I would think they must be wondering where he is... I keep thinking that he will be missed when he doesn't show up for the holidays this year. But maybe not, maybe he had cut all ties. :(

I thought there was discussion at one point that this man told others he was heading to Florida to visit his sister and then a woman. I'm hoping that these holidays coming up will help identify this man. Hopefully, his sister will wonder why she hasn't heard from him..

This MP keeps on going through my mind in relation to this UID. Don't even know if this person is still missing, who send the post in...this is it. Nothing more. Posted on June 16. Couldn't find anything more about Joe Bouillot aka Joe B.

Missing Persons of New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania

Interesting, BOH. I could not find anything else about him being missing. I went looking for more photos of Joe B and found one of him at a bar: Mehring's Bearings: The Last Night of Max Fish. | Adventure Sports Network

It appears he has a tattoo on his wrist. Also, it is difficult to tell eye color from photos, but I don't think his eye look blue in any of the photos I am finding.

If anyone can find something more official about Joe B being missing I will start a thread for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momoxbunny