NJ - Multiple Deaths in Mansion Fire, Monmouth County, Colts Neck, 20 Nov 2018 *Arrest*

If he was going to kill his brother and family (theory/speculation), wouldn't it be LESS suspicious to not set your own home on fire first??

Not if you’re trying to make it look like an attempted hit against yourself as well. I wonder if he killed the family, started the fire at his own house, then went back and set his brothers house on fire.

If he was going to kill his brother and family (theory/speculation), wouldn't it be LESS suspicious to not set your own home on fire first??

My guess is that someone wanted the fires to look like the work of an angry investor who was targeting both brothers because of something financial loss.

Keith Caneiro: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com
Keith Caneiro is the owner of the Colts Neck, New Jersey mansion where he, his wife and their two children died Tuesday. Caneiro’s wife Jennifer, 45, and their two children were found dead in their burning home. Keith Caneiro was found dead with a gunshot wound on the grass in front of the home, NJ Advance Media reports. A law enforcement source told the outlet the gunshot was not self-inflicted.

BBM

Colts Neck fatal fire mystery deepens as brother is charged with setting his own house ablaze

Dang it. I knew it.

The brother of the Colts Neck man found dead along with his wife and two children in a quadruple homicide at their burning mansion Tuesday has been charged with setting his own house ablaze hours earlier the same day.

How he expected to get away with this when even a bunch of amateur sleuths on WS had it figured out immediately is beyond me. One word: hubris (it applies to so many crimes).

Definition of HUBRIS

If Paul killed the family the night before, or early in the morning, it explains why the kids weren't in school. IF he did it, I wonder why he took the additional step of setting his own home on fire and then going to the home of his dead sibling/family and setting their house on fire. Why not just do it when he was there the first time?

All speculation!

If Paul killed the family the night before, or early in the morning, it explains why the kids weren't in school. IF he did it, I wonder why he took the additional step of setting his own home on fire and then going to the home of his dead sibling/family and setting their house on fire. Why not just do it when he was there the first time?

All speculation!

This is exactly what I think he did. I think he didn’t set the house on fire when he killed them because he wanted to go home and set the fire at his house to make himself look like a target as well. If he set the fire when he killed them, he’d have less time to set the scene at his house. JMO

Maybe he was also trying to destroy evidence in his own yard, and wind spread the fire to his own home. To try to “eliminate” a connection between his fire and the dead family he attempted to build a connection between the fires.

Silly though, a house like that has security cameras.

WOW!! I cannot believe he's smiling! There are two children dead and his brother and his brothers wife and he's smiling?!? Really disgusting

The entire crime is disgusting. Especially if found to have played any part in his brothers family murder.

It certainly didn’t take LE much time to figure out the arson at his home. Suspects are often charged with what is lesser crimes to get them in custody (sorry I know we all know that). They may need the time to thoroughly investigate the murders. They’ll need autopsy results, etc.

If the brother committed the murders and a second arson, he will be the subject of the full firc if the law in New Jersey. And those prosecutors are tough ___________. He will be prosecuted and get his punishment. What time he does serve with other inmates will be a living hell. Innocent children being murdered for adult reasons never bodes well for the convicted.

And even at this point, before motives are known, there is nothing that can ever justify killing children. Nothing.

Colts Neck fire: Keith Caneiro brother Paul was first hire for fledgling tech business

More info on the brothers:

In the interview with the Press in 2001, Keith Caneiro said he grew up with a passion for computers that was so strong that he worked as a janitor at a computer store for free, while moonlighting at McDonald's and Burger King to make money.

The owner of the computer store eventually gave him a chance to be a salesman. He left in 1986 to train workers at a typesetting business how to use the new technology. He started Jay-Martin Consulting in Brooklyn, hired his brother, and moved the business to New Jersey, first to Woodbridge in 1991, then to Holmdel in 1996.

By the time the internet bubble was about to burst in 2001, their technology business had grown to $4.5 million in annual sales and 26 employees.

Keith Caneiro said his clients had expanded from Citibank to other banking giants, including Chase Manhattan and J.P. Morgan.

And Square One landed a contract to design and install a computer network, 41 work stations and a sales system for the American Family Immigration History Center at Ellis Island. It featured interactive stations, allowing people to research their family histories.

"Your reputation is what travels with you," Keith Caneiro told the Press.

It sounds like Keith was a very ambitious and hard working man. Paul may have risen to success riding on his coattails.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back