Missouri - The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlcya

Old and Re-Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
Sherrill Levitt was born on November 1, 1944, and was age 47 at time of her disappearance. She was 5 feet 0 inches (1.52 m), 110 pounds (50 kg), with short light blonde hair, brown eyes and pierced ears. She was a cosmetologist at a local salon and a single mother, and was described as being very close to her daughter, Suzanne Elizabeth "Suzie" Streeter. Streeter was born on March 9, 1973 (age 19 in 1992), was 5 feet 5 inches (1.65 m), 102 pounds (46 kg), with shoulder length blonde hair and brown eyes. Her distinguishable marks included a scar on her upper right forearm, a small mole on the left corner of her mouth, and pierced ears (left ear pierced twice). Streeter's friend, Stacy McCall, was born on April 23, 1974 (age 18 in 1992), was 5 feet 3 inches (1.60 m) and 120 pounds (54 kg), with long dark blonde hair and light colored eyes.[1]

The Springfield Three - Wikipedia

attachment.php

On Tuesday, fresh flowers rest near by a memorial to the two teens and mother. Like those fresh flowers Stacy McCall's mother tells KSPR she feels fresh leads, technology and investigators can still bring her daughter and the other two women home.

"I look at Stacy and I think she's not 18, she's 38. It's heartbreaking," McCall said in an interview with us on the twenty year anniversary. "Twenty birthdays and twenty Thanksgivings and Christmases and so many times that we sit around the table wanting her nearby."

(...)

Chief Webb offers this advice to any law enforcement who finds the mystery in their hands: "Never give up. You have to go to work on this and treat any piece of information like it's the glue we've been waiting for to crack this case open."

Janis McCall asks people who speculate to stick to the facts and stay away from so many rumors she feels have sensationalized the case.The reward fund for prosecution of those responsible now sits at 42 thousand dollars.

New eyes could eventually solve case of Springfield's 3 missing women

Thread #1

Thread #2 - pulled

Thread #3 -
pulled
Thread #4

Thread #5

Thread #6

Thread #7

Thread #8

Thread #9

Admin note: During the period the posts in #2 and #3 were being made, Websleuths rules were different, links are no longer good and much of the discusssion that took place at that time has since been disproved as not connected or incorrect. For that reason, Threads #2 and #3 will remain unavailable.

Sometimes, a colder case needs fresh eyes. Eyes that will start with nothing and examine every available resource to come up with a theory. This is one of those cases. What was done was done. Some was very helpful and bears continued scrutiny. Some has already been put to bed and left behind. Consider Threads #2 and #3 to be the latter. Thank you to all who examine the facts of this case and provide your thoughts. These women still wait for justice. Their family members still await closure.

tlcya

Attachments

• Springfield_Three.jpg
    Springfield_Three.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 6
Last edited by a moderator:
I closed this discussion on Wednesday because of a string of posts which were personalizing and bickering. If you disagree with someone please debate in a civil manner and without making directed insults or "yelling" at other posters. You may have to agree to disagree, "scroll and roll", or put the poster on ignore.

Carry on.

Thanks,
Whiskers

Discussing information posted on other forums is not allowed unless it's the account of an LE/MSM entity and a link is provided.

Stop making personalized posts which are snarky, condescending, or dismissive of what another person posts. If you know or suspect a TOS violation of some kind, report it to moderators. Please remain focused on the three missing women we're here to discuss, not one another.

Hi Everyone,

I would like to welcome our new verified family member, Irisheyesofblue is a verified insider.

While you may ask questions of Irisheyesofblue, you cannot be rude, make flippant comments, or in anyway harass a verified person on Websleuths. It is up to you to believe
a verified member or not. If you do not believe a verified member then we ask you scroll by the post rather than try and argue with this person

A verified poster is allowed to post without providing links. In this case, since we have a verified family member she can post about things connected to the case without providing links.

The thread is now open.

Thank you,
Tricia

Please......contact SPD and encourage them to invite the show 'Cold Justice' to investigate (and solve!) this case!

P3 Tips

It's really EASY and won't take but 15 mins (at most).

The above link will take you to: Global Intel
It will ask you:
Country - United States
State - Missouri
City/County - Springfield
"The Springfield Three" is at the top of the page.

Write a letter/comment and encourage SPD to invite the Cold Justice team to help solve this case. It need not be a 'mystery' any longer.

It will give you a 'secret' I.D. and Password and your very own decoder ring :cool: to check back with them later. COOL
The only cost to you is about 15 mins. of your time.
No $ involved. :D

Thanks guys ;)

SPRINGFIELD - A "significant event" apparently prompted a woman to go looking for her daughter on the night they disappeared with one of the daughter's friends, police said Wednesday. Capt. Tony Glenn said investigators did not know why Sherrill E. Levitt, 47, was concerned about her daughter's whereabouts in the early hours of June 7. "What would cause a mother to be out at 2:15 a.m. looking for her daughter? " he asked.

A witness told police that Levitt stopped at 2:15 a.m. at a convenience store to ask the clerk whether he had seen her daughter and two of her daughter's friends.

Levitt appeared hurried, entering the Apco A-Mart store only halfway and quickly leaving, Glenn said.

Police have known the information for a few days but waited to construct a precise timetable before releasing it, he said at a news conference on the 10th day of the investigation.

This would be strange as the two young women were on their way back to Suzie’s house at the time that Sheril was it searching for them?

If it was slightly later then I would of assumed one of them had broken down and they had called home
for help from a Pay Phone. But they had barely left Janelle’s at 2.15am.

Last edited:
Hey y'all......a post in #9 thread mentioned Stacy as 'bubbly' and basically move around a party talking to people and Suzie was 'shy'....was comment by Shane Appleby.

Stacy sounds very friendly and perhaps 'never met a stranger'. I do wonder if she chatted with the 'wrong' stranger at one of the parties.

This would be strange as the two young women were on their way back to Suzie’s house at the time that Sheril was it searching for them?

If it was slightly later then I would of assumed one of them had broken down and they had called home
Not until ~2:35AM. So Sherrill would have arrived home before the women since it takes 16 mins to get from Apco to 1717 Delmar.

Also why is it always assumed Sherrill was called out of the house by her daughter or daughter's friend? Couldn't Sherrill have searched because someone dangerous is expected to come over? Maybe it was something that couldn't be brought to the attention of the other mothers?

Not until ~2:35AM. So Sherrill would have arrived home before the women since it takes 16 mins to get from Apco to 1717 Delmar.

Also why is it always assumed Sherrill was called out of the house by her daughter or daughter's friend? Couldn't Sherrill have searched because someone dangerous is expected to come over? Maybe it was something that couldn't be brought to the attention of the other mothers?

But as far as we are aware Suzie never told her mum she was due back that night. There is no indication she called home when her plans to sleep elsewhere fell though for the second time that night. I think the only called she made home was to say they was staying in Springfield that night and not going to stay in a hotel.

I think Sherrill searching for Suzie isn't anything complicated or related to being phoned by Suzie/a friend.

I think she didn't know where she was and wasn't going to call Mrs. Kirby at 2AM to find out.

I think Apco sighting proves that something bad in Sherrill and Suzie's life was about to present itself and she needed to find and alert her daughter.

I think Sherrill searching for Suzie isn't anything complicated or related to being phoned by Suzie/a friend.

I think she didn't know where she was and wasn't going to call Mrs. Kirby at 2AM to find out.

I think Apco sighting proves that something bad in Sherrill and Suzie's life was about to present itself and she needed to find and alert her daughter.

I wonder if that Apco was a popular/convenient 'hangout' for teenagers back in the day, definitely a place to buy cigs. and such.

Be sure an
Please......contact SPD and encourage them to invite the show 'Cold Justice' to investigate (and solve!) this case!

P3 Tips

It's really EASY and won't take but 15 mins (at most).

The above link will take you to: Global Intel
It will ask you:
Country - United States
State - Missouri
City/County - Springfield
"The Springfield Three" is at the top of the page.

Write a letter/comment and encourage SPD to invite the Cold Justice team to help solve this case. It need not be a 'mystery' any longer.

It will give you a 'secret' I.D. and Password and your very own decoder ring :cool: to check back with them later. COOL
The only cost to you is about 15 mins. of your time.
No $ involved. :D

Thanks guys ;)

Be sure and check back to see if SPD responds there's a good chance they will ;)

Is Sherill being spotted at the gas station well known? I’ve always read the last confirmed contact with her was a conversation she had on the phone with a friend around 11. This would mean she was alive much later.

Sorry I’m new to the case. This is fascinating info.

I hadn’t heard of the Apco sighting until now, either. It does beg the question as to why that would be Sherill’s stop to check for Suzie - especially given it wasn’t exactly close to Delmar and I’m assuming she knew of the plans to stay with Janelle. Why wouldn’t she have stopped there first? Or even after - but then I’m not familiar with the logistics of Battlefield, or the gas station in relation to her home.

Going back to catmammy’s theory, it’s similar to one I have formed recently too. Sherill is described as a private but friendly woman, could there have been a man in her life that posed a danger to her and Suzie? I know there’s a name in particular that has possibly been romantically linked with her, but the timing of this crime is part of what makes it so compelling. Someone with close knowledge of the graduation plans, or a random sexual assault turned worse. Whether this man was a stranger who forced his way in or someone she knew, I don’t think it’s too much of a stretch to believe this could have been a long and arduous ordeal for Sherill - before the girls even arrived home. It could just have easily started moments before they arrived. Dog may have been put in the bathroom or outside at that point, or perhaps even prior to any male entering.

Once they arrived home, the girls got ready for bed - probably keen not to wake Sherill. I’ve seen it noted that Suzie couldn’t sleep without her tv on and the sound off - would explain the static Janis saw if she meant the bedroom tv. They were taken by surprise, beckoned out of the house with threat of a weapon. I go back and forth on whether that’s plausible given the lack of struggle signs in the house - but when you’re confronted with that kind of situation, you more likely comply. Sherill would have had to still been alive when they left the home, surely. Any other way would have given the opportunity to escape and I’m swayed to believe this part of the crime was the work of one man, perhaps others came into play after.

Another aspect of that theory is perhaps this man had spent a decent amount of time in the house that night - enough to gather photos that were reportedly missing from frames.

It’s a bit of a muddled fusion of events that I’m still not entirely convinced with myself, but I think most theories are valid in this case. Although not shut off to the possibility drugs played a part in this crime, I lean more towards sexual motivations. Drugs and money usually go hand in hand - and so much cash/checks left behind here. I think police would have found at least some fibre of evidence that could tie either woman to being involved in drugs and nothing has ever been mentioned. I’m sure I saw it posted a few pages back but usually those type of crimes don’t end with abductions and likely murders from a residence. Everything would have taken place there and the women surely found there, too?

I still think the home was cleaned up after the fact as even with a gun why would Stacey for example go quietly?

You have 3 women all with different personalities and yet the crime scene suggests nobody fought for their life’s?

I don’t buy it and the police also questioned the crime scene and said something didn’t seem right.

There are at least two known people who had hours of uninterrupted time to clean up whatever went on that early AM and stage it.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members