Scotland - Baby's Body Missing from Coffin Exhumed for DNA tests 42 ys after burial

If they just took the organs why didn't they bury the body?
Does this mean a funeral home was in on it?
Or was it the hospitals responsibility to put the child in the casket?
I'm so confused right now.
The Alder Hey organ retention investigation took place in my Police Force area , and centred around tissue samples taken from deceased infants ( for the benefit of science as well as post mortem and identifying the cause of death ) being retained by the Hospital as opposed to being returned to the body prior to burial. It was a huge scandal followed by a huge investigation and public outrage , with opinion that was split 50/50 for and against the practice as it wasn’t done maliciously, although some parents of the deceased children viewed it otherwise .
There then followed more enquiries and subsequent investigations at other Children’s Hospitals where organ retention was deemed to have taken place for many years.

Going back to this case, I don’t know but I surmise that this is more along the lines of what happened with the Catholic Churches ( was proven ) whereby children were adopted out privately for a fee, to affluent families with the birth mother being told that her child was stillborn and the adoptive parents non the wiser too.
She obviously had an inkling from the start, as soon as she was shown a child that she clearly identified as not being hers. It’s just so tragic that it has taken all these years of her fighting authorities for her to finally start to get somewhere and to start getting some answers. God bless her. Who’s to say that to this day, her child isn’t living with a family elsewhere in the Country totally oblivious to the circumstances as to the adoption. She may well have stirred up a hornets nest here ( well done her ) and opened the floodgates for others to get answers. IMOO I praise her for her tenacity and passion to follow her instincts and to not give up . I sincerely hope that she gets the answers that she truly deserves.

Wow this is really shocking.

I wonder if she was there when he died. There must be a reason why she thinks the tissue had been used over the baby being alive.

Wow this is really shocking.

I wonder if she was there when he died. There must be a reason why she thinks the tissue had been used over the baby being alive.
Or does she? Could it be that she is questioning wether her son is actually still alive, hence her pressing for an exhumation to see whose , if anybody’s , remains were encased ....

I surmise that this is more along the lines of what happened with the Catholic Churches ( was proven ) whereby children were adopted out privately for a fee, to affluent families with the birth mother being told that her child was stillborn and the adoptive parents non the wiser too.
...Who’s to say that to this day, her child isn’t living with a family elsewhere in the Country totally oblivious to the circumstances as to the adoption. .

I think it would be quite hard to carry out an adoption in the UK without the knowledge of the mother. The system was quite heavily regulated even in the 70s. If this baby was adopted someone would have had to give consent as his mother at least (and actually both parents if possible were supposed to give formal consent to the court - and yes, there is evidence that some mothers were coerced or at least strongly encouraged to agree) and the original birth certificate amended by the registrar. The organ use theory sounds more probable to me.

Considering she long believed the baby's body wasn't in the coffin, and she turned out to be correct, what makes you think she isn't remembering correctly? Seems like there is no problem with her memory.

Sounds like she was right all along , Glad she has not given up !!! Poor Woman !

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back