Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, and Liberty (Libby) German, 14/The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #85

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seemingly normal guy with friends, a wife and son. Scary.
I often wonder how many people I pass and give a pleasant smile to that are monsters inside.

Me too, I’ve been thinking about this and it absolutely freaks me out.

Chris Watts would be my most recent example. I never saw/met him but I very well could have.

Do law enforcement agencies share information before a crime is committed in their area? I mean, how would MO know the case had similarities? Do they share that kind of information with each other? I wouldn’t think so because some police officers would talk to their friends if they knew details not released into the media and then word would get around and it would be in the MSM. I’m just curious how this works... anyone know?

Do law enforcement agencies share information before a crime is committed in their area? I mean, how would MO know the case had similarities? Do they share that kind of information with each other? I wouldn’t think so because some police officers would talk to their friends if they knew details not released into the media and then word would get around and it would be in the MSM. I’m just curious how this works... anyone know?

I know in the U.K. there's a serious crime database I can only assume it's the same in the States

Hi Acoots82,
Late summer of 2017 there was discussion on the Abby/Libby threads about one of the officers/investigators talking at a convention in Colorado and mentioning this case. It’s possible someone in LE in St. Louis heard about it there. Also, LE can also send info out to other cities/counties/states about cases. That could have been another possibility.

~RIP M+J

I think the nose is so far off that I doubt it's BG.
Google Police sketch vs mugshot and see how close or not other sketches have been when they made an arrest. Thing is we have a good 5 reasonable “suspects” that look just like the sketch.
Edit to add example link.
Close calls: Crime artist's sketches

Google Police sketch vs mugshot and see how close or not other sketches have been when they made an arrest. Thing is we have a good 5 reasonable “suspects” that look just like the sketch.
I know. But I think making the nose bulbous in the BG artist drawing was deliberate because it stands out. jmo

Also noticeable are the similarities in clothing between BG and Thomas Bruce, IMO.

The following was posted on St. Louis County Police Department’s FB page prior to TB’s capture:

“Good afternoon. As we continue to investigate the homicide and assault, here is a more detailed description of the suspect: The suspect is a white male, 5’7” to 5’9”, 40 to 50 years of age. At the time of the incident, he was wearing a navy blue Carhartt style work jacket, a plaid shirt, red, white, and black in color, glasses, a brown belt with a red and blue square on the clasp or clip of the belt, and the hat described below.
The hat investigators believe the suspect was wearing is commonly referred to as an ivy hat, Irish hat, newsboys hat, or a flat hat. Exemplar photos of the hat and the jacket are attached.
The suspect remains at large.”
(BBM)
085535A1-C638-4045-82FE-B598336EA9CB.jpeg 188FC5AF-B461-4C76-A5F3-3143361A7486.jpeg
St. Louis County Police Department

I also think the color of the shirt TB is wearing in his mugshot is similar in color to the one that is sticking of the bottom of BG’s jacket, IMO.
upload_2018-11-22_9-0-59-jpeg.156664
Delphi_murder_suspect.jpg

Interesting article (in particular, the part where the woman describes the man she encountered):

Woman worries she had creepy encounter with Catholic Supply shooting suspect”

“ST. LOUIS COUNTY, Mo. – Investigators with the St. Louis County Police Department are taking any and all tips regarding the Catholic Supply store suspect. A woman said she had an encounter with a guy who fit the suspect’s description.

This woman, who asked we not show her face until the Catholic Supply store suspect is apprehended, said on October 29 around 4:30 p.m. she had a scary encounter with a man inside the Walmart store just off Manchester Road. She said she was at the back the store by herself.

The woman said the description of the suspect sounds exactly like the guy who approached her.

‘This man came up to me from behind and says, ‘Excuse me, ma’am’ in a calm voice, and says, ‘You have the most beautiful hair.’ And then he gets closer and closer to me,’ she said.

The woman said she backed away but he kept staring at her and didn’t walk away.

‘He had no shopping cart; nothing in his hands. Didn’t look to be shopping and as soon as people started to come down the aisle, he took off. I was shaking,’ she said.

The woman said something was off about the guy and she immediately left the store. On Monday, her friend texted her a description of the Catholic Supply store suspect. Her friend said it sounded exactly like the man who approached her in the Walmart.

‘I would say he was around 5'8”-ish 5'9,” medium, stocky build. Kind of like a beer belly and he was very, very white,’ she said.

She said the man in her incident had light reddish hair with some white or blonde mixed in and appeared to be between 35 and 40 years of age. He also had a clean-shaven face on October 29.

[SBM]

A St. Louis County police spokesman said the department is aware of the woman’s report. Walmart is checking its own security footage and will let police know if they can see the individual from the October 29 incident.“ (BBM)
Woman worries she had creepy encounter with Catholic Supply shooting suspect

ETA: I just noticed something else. And I have to remind myself it hasn’t been proven that the man the woman in the article encountered is Thomas Bruce. But I do find it interesting that she says the man “had light reddish hair with some white or blonde mixed in,” as BG is said to have (had) “reddish brown hair.” As @heartgoesout suggested upthread, if the man from Walmart is indeed TB and TB is BG, it is possible that he wears a wig, IMO.
Sketch of Suspect in Indiana Girls’ Murder Renews Hope for Case

Last edited:
Anyone know offhand if MO takes DNA swab at time of arrest? I’d look it up myself but prepping dinner ATM. MOO

It appears so...
"
Gov. Jay Nixon signed legislation Thursday requiring DNA be taken from people age 17 and older who are arrested on suspicion of violent felonies, sex offenses or burglary. The DNA samples will be discarded within 30 days if charges aren't filed or are dropped, or if the suspect is acquitted at trial.

Missouri already collects DNA samples from convicted felons before they are released from prison. It joins at least 15 other states in collecting it after some arrests, according to the National Conference of State Legislatures."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghost246