Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with everything you've said. But if KW was a serious suspect, would the lead detective still be working the case part time?

If KW has any connection to this crime its to be a thorn in the side of the family. Possibly hoping that the Sherman family will pay him off or erase his lawsuit debt in order to shut him up.

I doubt if he has much of an impact on the family. They have attorneys to handle thorns. And he is not much of a thorn. Maybe a little pricker is what we call the prickers on Canadian thistle.

I doubt if he has much of an impact on the family. They have attorneys to handle thorns. And he is not much of a thorn. Maybe a little pricker is what we call the prickers on Canadian thistle.

It’s totally despicable to use peoples deaths as opportunity to run them down imo. Cowardly too, he knows it would’ve been slanderous had he made those sorts of allegations while the Shermans were still alive.

Other than maybe Andreww and his noble PR efforts of KW, I think he’s become a thorn in his own side. Even though his most recent interviews were several months ago, the media continues to attach his attempt at diverting a double homicide into m/s in virtually every news article, making his motivation appear even more questionable.

Last edited:
Put it this way, Kerry Winter has never been in that house. ....

.... And Kerry has stated several times that he's never been in that house.

KW got his drug problem in check a long time ago. ....

andreww I'm not picking on you and I appreciate your participation and perspectives. But ... you allege that TPS are liars, along with the hired private investigators, the 'Greenspin' lawyer, the forensic pathologist, the family, the politicians and civil servants.. and you don't take any of their words at face value, but yet you state as fact, without reservation, these things that KW has said - even though KW also has an inherent interest in advancing his own particular narrative AND has *publicly admitted* that he lied and embellished. Not to undermine KW, but jeez, just because he said so, is a reason for another to state it as fact? Drug addicts *have* been known to 'fall off the wagon', and people *have* been known to lie. How is it possible to state unequivocally the actions of someone other than yourself?

If you go in a house your DNA is there. Specifically touch DNA. But even one hair, the slightest bit of spit when talking or a discarded piece of dried skin.

And Kerry has stated several times that he's never been in that house.

Kerry may never have been in the home does not preclude his involvement through a surrogate.

Sorry, I don't know how to do a 'poll', or if it's even possible to do a poll within a thread.. but anyway.. I wanted to ask a question to the participants of this thread:

Just say that you had knowledge of something in this particular case.. knowledge from being told something/things by a good friend of yours.. the good friend has at least some culpability, or maybe a lot of culpability.. then a reward of TEN million dollars gets offered.. would you spill the beans with what you knew, even though it may incriminate your friend? Yes or No?

Just a thought, but since we do not know the motivation for the murders and the other family members have apparently taken steps to enhance personal security, maybe KW has to be careful too?
Hoping KW sticks around, he certainly keeps things interesting!
imo, speculation

Just a thought, but since we do not know the motivation for the murders and the other family members have apparently taken steps to enhance personal security, maybe KW has to be careful too?
Hoping KW sticks around, he certainly keeps things interesting!
imo, speculation

Maybe, but if he has proof for any of his various m/s allegations, he’d become a great defence witness in a trial for a double homicide that never occurred, so I’m thinking his safety wouldn’t be at risk. His claim that an audio tape exists of B murdering H, that’d be a NG bombshell!

Sorry, I don't know how to do a 'poll', or if it's even possible to do a poll within a thread.. but anyway.. I wanted to ask a question to the participants of this thread:

Just say that you had knowledge of something in this particular case.. knowledge from being told something/things by a good friend of yours.. the good friend has at least some culpability, or maybe a lot of culpability.. then a reward of TEN million dollars gets offered.. would you spill the beans with what you knew, even though it may incriminate your friend? Yes or No?

Me, I wouldn’t even have waited for ten million. Because knowledge can be dangerous.

Anyone who’s capable of committing murder is just as likely to knock of anyone else who possesses incriminating information, there’s no honour amongst thieves....

However I do think it’s possible the reward was deliberately launched because it’s believed there’s a person or persons who it would directly benefit. If so, offering a public reward is a means for the family to sincerely and genuinely financially compensate the crucial witness for coming forward and doing the right thing. I hope their endeavours are successful!

Maybe, but if he has proof for any of his various m/s allegations, he’d become a great defence witness in a trial for a double homicide that never occurred, so I’m thinking his safety wouldn’t be at risk. His claim that an audio tape exists of B murdering H, that’d be a NG bombshell!

It could be sold for huge money.

It could be sold for huge money.

It’s highly illegal to remove evidence from a crime scene. If such a tape ever existed, considering KW pointed toward a producer of 5th Estate as possessing it, no way would CBC be sitting on something like that because the recipient risks being implicated with withholding evidence key to a homicide investigation.

I don’t believe a legitimate audio tape exists even though KW claimed it does. Even free “voice changer” software can be found on the internet to fabricate and imitate the sound of other people’s voices.

KWs version of the story, that Barry turned off the video camera but somehow forgot about the audio just seems overly convenient to me given it’s very simple to fabricate audio.

Post 813

Ah, during the Holmolka/Bernardo trials, *someone* had one of the lawyers, I believe, remove video tapes from the house and keep them for 'safe keeping'.

Without those tapes, there wasn't much to go on in order to give KH a life sentence and she got off with a very light sentence.

So, if a lawyer will attend a house and remove video of crimes......just saying.

What people will do for all kinds of reasons would blow your mind.

As for turning over information quickly to protect yourself, that would make you a *rat* which is not a good thing at all. Part of the honour amongst criminals is being able to trust one another explicitly.

They normally do that by each 'having information about the other' and using that as insurance. but to become a *rat*, is often a death sentence.

It’s highly illegal to remove evidence from a crime scene. If such a tape ever existed, considering KW pointed toward a producer of 5th Estate as possessing it, no way would CBC be sitting on something like that because the recipient risks being implicated with withholding evidence key to a homicide investigation.

I don’t believe a legitimate audio tape exists even though KW claimed it does. Even free “voice changer” software can be found on the internet to fabricate and imitate the sound of other people’s voices.

KWs version of the story, that Barry turned off the video camera but somehow forgot about the audio just seems overly convenient to me given it’s very simple to fabricate audio.

For clarity. and FWIW, KW did not state that the camera was turned off. The specific quote (RBBM ) is :"...One of the producers at The Fifth Estate told me that they were waiting on an audio of Barry killing Honey. She also told me that a man who closely resembles Barry, (although he was covering his face with a jacket), turned away the camera...guess he forgot to shut off the audio

Post 813

Ah, during the Holmolka/Bernardo trials, *someone* had one of the lawyers, I believe, remove video tapes from the house and keep them for 'safe keeping'.

Without those tapes, there wasn't much to go on in order to give KH a life sentence and she got off with a very light sentence.

So, if a lawyer will attend a house and remove video of crimes......just saying.

What people will do for all kinds of reasons would blow your mind.

As for turning over information quickly to protect yourself, that would make you a *rat* which is not a good thing at all. Part of the honour amongst criminals is being able to trust one another explicitly.

They normally do that by each 'having information about the other' and using that as insurance. but to become a *rat*, is often a death sentence.

Or a copy of the m/s audio tape was leaked by the perp after the deaths were ruled a double homicide? Much like a fabricated suicide note, if LE determined the audio wasn’t authentic that also points to a double homicide.

In the lengthy report/link I posted yesterday, it mentioned that the greater the effort in the staging of a murder scene, the easier it becomes for investigators to determine the deception.

For clarity. and FWIW, KW did not state that the camera was turned off. The specific quote (RBBM ) is :"...One of the producers at The Fifth Estate told me that they were waiting on an audio of Barry killing Honey. She also told me that a man who closely resembles Barry, (although he was covering his face with a jacket), turned away the camera...guess he forgot to shut off the audio

Thanks for your confirmation. Obviously KW claims to have observed this audio tape. Wouldn’t LE be very curious who showed it to him and why? The children issued their statement to the media disputing m/s almost as soon as the deaths were discovered. So why, the loss of the cousins lawsuit, the awarding of the legal fees only a week or so prior, KW having made his personal feud with Barry well known, why would KW be privy to inside investigative information? He’s referred to both Price and Gomes as liars, so it can’t have been either of them. While the residence was contained as a crime scene, nobody other than LE and others involved in forensic investigation would’ve had access.

I don't think KW claimed to have observed the audio tape, based on his quoted comment. I also think he was "embellishing" again for WS. CBC wouldn't withhold crime scene evidence imo. Paul Bernardo's lawyer did it, and was cleared, due to defence lawyer-client privilege. (Ken Murray).

I don't think KW claimed to have observed the audio tape, based on his quoted comment. I also think he was "embellishing" again for WS. CBC wouldn't withhold crime scene evidence imo. Paul Bernardo's lawyer did it, and was cleared, due to defence lawyer-client privilege. (Ken Murray).

Yes “embellishment” is a good possibility.

As no one has been charged, in fact the deaths hadn’t even been publicly declared a homicide until Jan 26th, hours after LE released the home as a crime scene, there’d be no reason for LE to grant access to the residence to any defence attorney due to absence of a suspect.

“Hours after releasing the Shermans' home as a crime scene, Detective Sergeant Susan Gomes called a news conference at Toronto Police headquarters to provide an update on the mysterious case that has garnered international attention....”
Deaths of Barry and Honey Sherman ruled a 'targeted' double homicide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member