OH - Pike County: 8 People From One Family Dead As Police Hunt For Killer(s) #36 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought maybe they bought a type of waterproof boot, like a rain boot. That way they could wash them off to avoid tracking blood in the vehicle.

JMO

Hip waders that could be hosed off quickly without getting clothes wet? I wonder if there is any evidence of these people using hoses outside the trailers.

I get the feeling that MyLand is just playing Devil's Advocate. I think this is why the case probably should be tried out of county. Such a small county population, in a large county area, there's a good chance that in their respective communities, people may know the R, G, or W families. The people in the community have probably had interactions with the families, and are having a hard time wrapping their mind around the fact that one of the wealthiest, oldest, families in the area, are likely the ones who wiped out eight of their own grandchild's maternal family. A feud, of sorts, in 2018, over the control of a child. That's insane! You have to hate someone a whole lot, to be able to put a gun barrel to their head, and pull the trigger. I have a hard time thinking of CR2. I just don't see how...
RSD1200 I don't mind someone "playing devil's advocate"....if they let me (US) know that this is the case. I might even be more inclined to participate. Otherwise open ended questions, tossing out innuendos with no solutions, giving the opinions of shoppers at a big box store and the opinions of the local barber?? (Heck, it may be the same barber who cut BigGIII's hair....who would trust his opinion??? Really?)
Again great fodder for TV entertainment....but it gets old in real life investigations.
....THE COLUMBO EFFECT
While in our social life we mostly strive to appear competent and qualified, there are also situations where we gain leverage by hiding our abilities and putting on a mask of ignorance.

https://plus.google.com/101046916407340625977/posts/EBrSNkCCdpM

Last edited:
Hip waders that could be hosed off quickly without getting clothes wet? I wonder if there is any evidence of these people using hoses outside the trailers.

Hip waders or possibly muckers (I've attached a picture .... just thought they were cute. Thinking NOT the style that would have been chosen by the parties involved). I'm thinking that if Ws showed up in hip waders that might draw suspicion. But - around my area which is rural - showing up in muckers would be very normal.

This is all my opinion.... how could people in the area believe this could be the result of people they're known and possibly respected/envied? Unless they knew how truly evil their actions could be I suspect most will say, "I can't believe it!" It goes against their own morals. Maybe it's more a selfish thing. People trying to reconcile their positive interactions/feelings with the Ws and what these people possibly really were. If that makes sense? "How could I be friends with someone so evil and not know it? Couldn't br true!" Again, total speculation.

Attachments

• 20181123_084614.jpg
    20181123_084614.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 16
RSD1200 I don't mind someone "playing devil's advocate"....if they let me know (us) that this is the case. Otherwise open ended questions, tossing out innuendos with no solutions. giving the opinions of shoppers at a big box store and the opinions of the local barber?? (Heck, it may be the same barber who cut BigGIII's hair....who would trust his opinion??? Really?)
Again great fodder for TV entertainment....but it gets old in real life investigations.
....THE COLUMBO EFFECT
While in our social life we mostly strive to appear competent and qualified, there are also situations where we gain leverage by hiding our abilities and putting on a mask of ignorance.

IQuestion I think Myland may be from the area and is struggling to understand how people he/she knows personally could commit such a horrible crime. Myland finds it hard to believe and is looking for answers. Why our opinion on here matters so much to her/him I don't know. But I think we should continue to try to help her/him to understand why we think the Wagners are guilty.

And I think we should all try to be patient and listen to the theories of others as we have been doing for the last 2 1/2 years.

I am one of those who have been saying for the last year or so that the Wagners are guilty. But I am trying to be patient with those who have a different opinion.

What we must realize is that the Wagners have been the most famous and influential family in that area for generations. People look up to them. They envy them their thousands of acres of land and million dollar horses while they themselves are working and struggling to make ends meet. At the same time they are proud of the world famous family in their midst. They put them on a pedestal and proudly point them out to visitors.

It is the way of all communities. I bet you have such a family in your community. Mine has one. Every community has one or two.

But what communities don't want to realize is that the people they put on a pedestal has feet of clay.

I think Reader struggled with this in the beginning. So did the M's and R's and G's. If you will remember at the beginning LM was very reluctant to name names. We thought he was afraid when he stopped in the middle of a sentence and told the reporters "Well I'm not going to say anything else." But I think he just couldn't bring himself to believe that a family that everyone looked up to for generations could have been responsible for the slaughter of his family.

But the very fact that the Wagners were such a wealthy and well respected family should convince the people of the area that LE had the evidence or they would never have dared arrest them. Especially Fredricka Wagner. No way would the LE that her taxes paid their salary would have ventured into that lions den without being armed with iron clad proof of her guilt.

What people in the area do not realize is the Wagners are extremely dangerous people. Not only did they slaughter an entire family of 8 people, they were planning to kill 3 public officials that were only doing the job they were paid to do. They were even planning to kill members of their own family that might turn.

Where would it have all stopped had LE not arrested them?

JMO

You’d still have to prove verifiable dates, times, and reasons why the Rhodens would have been in the Wagner’s vehicle, bleeding none the less. And then you better pray to God it wasn’t Kenny or Gary’s blood or Hannah Hazel’s that was found because then it gets a little harder to come up with a cover story.

If they were truly gre

snipped quote from fabulous RAISINSBACK :
"What people in the area do not realize is the Wagners are extremely dangerous people. Not only did they slaughter an entire family of 8 people, they were planning to kill 3 public officials that were only doing the job they were paid to do. They were even planning to kill members of their own family that might turn.
Where would it have all stopped had LE not arrested them?"

Raisinsback
Thank you for your very kind, patient and extensive explanation... you are a super citizen sleuth!

For all the reasons you stated above...these are exactly why I dislike the "W's" so much. They had EVERYTHING....money, reputation etc, etc, etc ad nauseum.... and yet they committed these horrible acts in order to "own a child of their lineage, too?" I live in/near the entertainment industry.... and everyone here has FEET OF CLAY. I have, regrettably, seen so many "famous & moneyed" people commit horrible acts. I start tearing up every time I think of the baby left between two dead parents.... a toddler walking through their parents blood to open a door....oh, oh, oh...it just hurts my heart. (Think I'll go for a long walk.)

RSD1200 I don't mind someone "playing devil's advocate"....if they let me (US) know that this is the case. I might even be more inclined to participate. Otherwise open ended questions, tossing out innuendos with no solutions, giving the opinions of shoppers at a big box store and the opinions of the local barber?? (Heck, it may be the same barber who cut BigGIII's hair....who would trust his opinion??? Really?)
....THE COLUMBO EFFECT

I've read every comment, and nigh onto every article , more than once, and researched every angle, and thus, based on my research of this family, and the research of other potential suspects, combined with what LE has shown me that they physically have on the Ws, I am forced to believe that the Ws murdered eight people, in a most heinous way. MyLand is new here, or so it appears, and seems to be asking questions a juror might ask, who has not been researching this case, and, well, obsessed about it, for 30 solid months (as others on here, myself included, have done). As long as questions are not rude, or antagonistic, I see no problem with MyLand expressing views, thoughts, or questions, in the community, unless they are against TOS. The average Joe has not done the research that we all have, not only on the Ws, but on half the county, and even out of state, along with tossing about some pretty far out theories during the past 2 1/2 years, that had no teeth at all. At the end of the day, if someone is getting on our last nerve we do all have an ignore button. I've never had to use mine, but I know it's there. :)

I've read every comment, and nigh onto every article , more than once, and researched every angle, and thus, based on my research of this family, and the research of other potential suspects, combined with what LE has shown me that they physically have on the Ws, I am forced to believe that the Ws murdered eight people, in a most heinous way. MyLand is new here, or so it appears, and seems to be asking questions a juror might ask, who has not been researching this case, and, well, obsessed about it, for 30 solid months (as others on here, myself included, have done). As long as questions are not rude, or antagonistic, I see no problem with MyLand expressing views, thoughts, or questions, in the community, unless they are against TOS. The average Joe has not done the research that we all have, not only on the Ws, but on half the county, and even out of state, along with tossing about some pretty far out theories during the past 2 1/2 years, that had no teeth at all. At the end of the day, if someone is getting on our last nerve we do all have an ignore button. I've never had to use mine, but I know it's there. :)
Your thoughts are very reasonable and helpful. Perhaps you could help me understand why all the vitriol is shown to those who question or think differently. I just don't understand the emotionalism expended on a case when one does not have a direct impact on their life from said case. And thank you for the tip on the ignore. I'm going to find it now. :)

snipped quote from fabulous RAISINSBACK :
"What people in the area do not realize is the Wagners are extremely dangerous people. Not only did they slaughter an entire family of 8 people, they were planning to kill 3 public officials that were only doing the job they were paid to do. They were even planning to kill members of their own family that might turn.
Where would it have all stopped had LE not arrested them?"

Raisinsback
Thank you for your very kind, patient and extensive explanation... you are a super citizen sleuth!
For all the reasons you stated above...these are exactly why I dislike the "W's" so much. They had EVERYTHING....money, reputation etc, etc, etc ad nauseum.... and yet they committed these horrible acts in order to "own a child of their lineage, too?" I live in/near the entertainment industry.... and everyone here has FEET OF CLAY. I have, regrettably, seen so many "famous & moneyed" people commit horrible acts. I start tearing up every time I think of the baby left between two dead parents.... a toddler walking through their parents blood to open a door....oh, oh, oh...it just hurts my heart. (Think I'll go for a long walk.)

I too have spent many a sleepless night thinking about that. I still pray nightly for little SW and LM. The M's and R's and G's who have suffered so long. Poor GenvaR struggling to tell the world how much pain she is in from losing her sons and grandchildren. Her anguished cry of "Why did they have to kill the grandkids too?" All of this haunts me as it does everyone else on here. If it did not tear at our hearts we would not still be here 2 1/2 years later.

But we also have to realize that there are other victims besides the obvious ones. All the residents of that area that looked up to and respected the W's are victims of betrayal that obviously runs very deep. It is going to take some time for them to come to terms with it.

JMO

Last edited:
Your thoughts are very reasonable and helpful. Perhaps you could help me understand why all the vitriol is shown to those who question or think differently. I just don't understand the emotionalism expended on a case when one does not have a direct impact on their life from said case. And thank you for the tip on the ignore. I'm going to find it now. :)

BBM

Perhaps you could help me understand why all the vitriol is shown to those who question or think differently.

I think that we were all just excited at first to have an arrest. We have been on here so long, had so many discussions, sometimes very heated discussions, and did so much research that the guilt of the W's was an obvious conclusion to over two years of work and we were impatient that not everyone could see it. things have cooled down now and we are beginning to realize that others are entitled to their opinions even if they differ from ours.

I just don't understand the emotionalism expended on a case when one does not have a direct impact on their life from said case.

Frankly I do not understand it in myself either. I live over 800 miles from Ohio. But yet I have been on here since a few days after the murders. Hubby and my family probably thinks I am crazy but are just too polite to say it. Hubby especially has patiently spent hours listening to me talk about it. Maybe since talk and opinions are free he thinks it is a cheap enough hobby. Who knows?

But this crime grabbed my attention from day one. It was the sheer brutality of killers going door to door and killing an entire family that pulled at me. I wanted to know why. I wanted a motive. I wanted to be able to understand why someone would do that.

I have my answer, have had it for about a year and a half. But now I want justice. Justice for the victims who worked hard to provide for and raise their children. Justice for the young girls who's lives were just beginning. Justice for a child who had just gotten his drivers license. Justice for LM and GenvaR. Those two old people who have struggled through life just getting by to have their twilight years filled with the unimaginable pain of having their kids and grandchildren senselessly slaughtered by a family who thought they were entitled to everything.

JMO

ETA: I also think that after 2 1/2 years of discussing and researching the R's that we all feel that they are at least like close friends since we now know more about them than we often do our friends in real life.

Last edited:

I think that we can become so emotionally invested in our days, months, and years we've spent in the room, here, researching and looking, that the case becomes our baby. We are invested in it, and we forget that there is a whole group of folks who may not see things the way that we see them. I took heat for not publicly, jumping on the W wagon. I had no hard proof. If they didn't do it, then someday, the R children may run across my words. My words still matter and I need to remember that now. I'm 99% sure they have done this, but, I am biased, and therefore could not be a juror. I'd not be fair at trial and likely not ask the questions that MyLand is asking.

Gotta have something sold in these murder cases. DNA and circumstantial evidence are not always enough. I'd rather them go in with something concrete, sayyyy, for instance, a silencer that they can connected to the scenes, than something that can be easily explained away.

"I think Pike County is a good example of what can happen when law enforcement is tenacious and they just keep after their suspects, until finally they get enough evidence to go forward. Often times, not speaking to the Elsmere case specifically, but often times, in these ongoing major investigations, the police officers have a very good idea who was responsible, and who did the actual killing, who will eventually be charged, it's just a matter of coming up with enough evidence to support those charges in a court of law, and that's what I suspect was the major break in Ohio,” said Sanders.

A whole ‘nother level of devilish: the Ws would have had to rehearse stuff like taking footwear on and off, putting stuff in the car, removing stuff quickly.....

I think it would be easier to have lined all surfaces in the vehicle with plastic though. Waders really don't serve much of a purpose imo, because then the waders themselves get blood on them instead of a nice, light weigh pair of jeans, better suited for sneaking around while in a hurry, imo. Also.. they bought "special shoes" to wear (although, some waders do have "sock feet" so the idea of waders isn't out altogether.) But, waders make noise when you walk, too, so not very good at sneaking into homes and approaching bedrooms quietly. Trying to wash down waders between killings takes time and blood would be more likely to transfer to internal vehicle parts, I think... they'd be wet and dripping and splashing watered down blood everywhere. Then they have to be disposed of asap after the murders... it's just as easy (easier) to dispose of lightweight, dark-colored; probably black clothing. Both waders and clothing will have a lot of blood on it in any case. I think the killers would opt for ease of movement, light weight, dark clothing and whatever "special shoes" they wore. They had to know they were going to get blood all over themselves no matter what they wore, so why complicate everything with cumbersome, noisy waders that add extra weight to "carry" while playing commando men... and woman?

Gotta have something sold in these murder cases. DNA and circumstantial evidence are not always enough. I'd rather them go in with something concrete, sayyyy, for instance, a silencer that they can connected to the scenes, than something that can be easily explained away.
I am still curious to see if either the Eapmom and/or Newsome murders are linked. That’s not off the table in my mind yet. I wouldn’t be surprised if one is linked JMO. I hope not though because that would not only make the W’s mass murderers and spree killers, that would also make them serial killers. So far they’re batting 2 out of 3. JMO

I am still curious to see if either the Eapmom and/or Newsome murders are linked. That’s not off the table in my mind yet. I wouldn’t be surprised if one is linked JMO. I hope not though because that would not only make the W’s mass murderers and spree killers, that would also make them serial killers. So far they’re batting 2 out of 3. JMO

I don't think it was their first murder. I can think of at least one other that could be connected to the W's.

Unless the W's were trafficking drugs (DeWines undercurrent of drugs) then I don't see a connection between the Eapmon murders and the W's.

JMO

OH - Pike County: 8 People From One Family Dead As Police Hunt For Killer(s) #35 *Arrests*

I had a hunch that custody of GW4’s minor child may have played a role on why he was back here. His sm has a photo of him that appears to be in Alaska around the beginning of
October with a comment from AW stating she would see him the next morning.

George Wagner

Is anyone else (I'm running out of words to describe the actions of the accused) surprised by the brazen and continued use of social media by this family, especially after they were called out by public officials and information about them was requested by Dewine and others? It seems like they were just THAT confident that they'd get away with it, that they didn't bother being careful with social media. Or maybe they thought if they were too quiet it would look suspicious??

I too have spent many a sleepless night thinking about that. I still pray nightly for little SW and LM. The M's and R's and G's who have suffered so long. Poor GenvaR struggling to tell the world how much pain she is in from losing her sons and grandchildren. Her anguished cry of "Why did they have to kill the grandkids too?" All of this haunts me as it does everyone else on here. If it did not tear at our hearts we would not still be here 2 1/2 years later.

But we also have to realize that there are other victims besides the obvious ones. All the residents of that area that looked up to and respected the W's are victims of betrayal that obviously runs very deep. It is going to take some time for them to come to terms with it.

JMO

... and some of them never will. But, I respect and expect the idea of innocent until proven guilty and having a fair trial no matter what I, personally think the eventual ruling of a fair trial will be. Nobody likes to be proven wrong so ignoring or finding other explanations and excuses for the proof, disparaging the evidence and distrusting and criticizing LE are the main methods people will probably employ to save face... and they'll do that from now until the trials, through the trials and after the trials so we'll have to get used to that! (The defense attorneys will certainly use these methods.) It's not in me to put anyone on ignore though and I had already decided I will be more polite and patient. Reminding myself, that my own perceptions of any communications are only my own and may be incorrect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks