Australia - Tiahleigh Palmer, 12, slain, Pimpama River, Qld, 30 Oct 2015 #2 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
COMEDIAN Corey White’s revelation on ABC’s Q&A about getting raped during his shocking childhood in foster care has drawn strong support on Twitter.

“I experienced rape, physical abuse, sexual abuse, starvation.

“Lots and lots of rapes. Got a PhD in getting raped and the foster mother was absolutely awful.”

Comedian’s shocking childhood rape revelation on Q&A

Child homicide sentences lenient: families - 9News

‘The mother of murdered Queensland foster child Tiahleigh Palmer has lost faith in the justice system.

Cindy Palmer says child killers are getting off too lightly and wants to see them kept behind bars beyond the minimum sentencing period.

"I think that life needs to be life, and murder needs to be murder," she told reporters at a public forum held by the state's Sentencing Advisory Council in Logan on Monday.

"It's under such horrible circumstances, but we can come together as parents who have suffered the same and try to bring about some kind of change so that the next person who suffers through this doesn't have to go through it as hard as we have."’

‘"I sat through four different court cases and each time I was slapped in the face with these pitiful sentences that didn't reflect the crimes," Ms Palmer said.

"Each time we went through these court cases it just broke us more and our faith in the system and ever getting any kind of justice just dwindled away."’

If the AASCF is the organisation responsible for hosting the event, then I believe they have the right to ask even paying ticket holders to leave for any reason. I couldn't find any terms and conditions on their site, and I'm not 100% certain I've found the right organisation, though. But I just returned from a 2-day event which anyone could buy a ticket for, and they had a code of conduct which stated that they could remove you if they felt it was necessary. If you don't leave when asked, they'll call the police.

And if the AASCF hosts several of these events they could ban these two men from attending any of them. Without that, then I don't think the cops can just remove people who haven't committed a crime, they have to wait until it's trespassing. But if anyone knows what the law is about this for sure, please do correct me if I've gotten the details wrong.

Thorburn applies for judge-only trial gutless scum

Lawyers for Queensland man Rick Thorburn have applied to have a judge-only trial for his charge of raping a girl under 12.

In addition to that charge, Thorburn is facing a charge of attempting to rape another girl aged under 12, as well as seven indecent assault charges allegedly relating to incidents between July 2015 to April 2016.

It's alleged the 57-year-old assaulted the girl while working at a daycare centre south of Brisbane.

His lawyers argued in the Beenleigh District Court on Thursday he would not be able to get a fair trial with a jury and should face a judge-only trial.

Prosecutors submitted juries should be able to focus on the facts of the trial to form a verdict.

They conceded that moving the trial to the Brisbane District Court could "dilute" the pool of potentially compromised jurors.

Justice Craig Chowdhury reserved his decision on the matter.

It looks like a court room with benches for lawyers and a witness box, but in Queensland’s Star Chamber the rules are very different.

And it’s for good reason.

This is a place where the most notorious criminals often end up, and where they lose the right to silence.

Recent such examples are the murders of Tiahleigh Palmer and of Barbara McCulkin and her two daughters.

"The story (the Thorburn family) had been telling at (Rick Thorburn's) instigation started to unravel," CCC Chair Alan MacSporran said.

"And then they ultimately all pleaded guilty."

Inside the room where some of Queensland's toughest cases are cracked open
Inside the room where some of Queensland's toughest cases are cracked open

Due Diligence...…. I cant see how she can lose this tort, it will probably go to a verdict accompanied by non disclosure, but I would truly like to know the process CPS went through all along in this placement....

On the face of it, it seems to have been a very casual check done, and then compounded by a refusal to check anything, in psychological terms, 'digging into the pit of previous investment' , not unlike lots of bad marriages, where a refusal to end it is due to the previous investment of time into it...

'Traumatised' mother of slain schoolgirl Tiahleigh Palmer sues Queensland government and foster care agency

Ms Palmer's case is currently in a pre-court disclosure period during which lawyers are expected to negotiate a financial settlement.
In the event a mutual agreement is not reached, the case will proceed to court.
'Traumatised' Tiahleigh Palmer mum sues government

3 years since this hideous murder happened.
Tiahleigh should be a happy, carefree teenager exploring life right now.
I was at Jacobs Well today and on my way through stopped and took a photo of the roadside memorial, such a desolate spot..poor Tiahleigh just discarded there without a hoot.
Sorry Tiahleigh that a broken system placed you with a broken family.

Attachments

• Tiahleigh roadside memorial.jpeg
    Tiahleigh roadside memorial.jpeg
    224.2 KB · Views: 17

I see in that article that, after this move, he will then be moved on again to Wolston Correctional Centre. Why we protect violent scum like this is absolutely beyond me.
These perpetrators rape and murder young children, and others, and then they spend our tax dollars protecting the perps??!

Wolston Correctional Centre is an Australian high security prison facility in Wacol, Queensland, Australia. Wolston is a 'protection' prison, and as such houses many paedophiles, sex offenders and high-profile prisoners.
Wolston Correctional Centre - Wikipedia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members