LA LA - Slidell, WhtFem 20-30, UP852, Breast Implants, Pregnant Jun'86

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if they still do, but for a while Porchlight kept better track of who they had submitted and what they had been told by LE. No better than WS, just a bit better organized.
I've been wondering for a while, but hesitated to ask :oops: but here I go: Do we have some kind of masterlist of suggested and submitted for LPJD?

I've been wondering for a while, but hesitated to ask :oops: but here I go: Do we have some kind of masterlist of suggested and submitted for LPJD?

No we do not I believe I may have created list for my personal researchgathered from various locations. I will check to see if I still have it. Laptop crashed last year along with all if my work for the past few year. ugghh .. Listen learned o_O "backup backup backup" have two external HD's a backup for my backup just in case..:D

Yeah, that's completely understandable, no worries. It would also be extremely difficult to keep track of those who just suggest cases and those who actually calls them in.
It would've been really neat if there was a 'pending' category alongside the ruleout category in NamUs, but then again, they don't even have the identifiers visible anymore, either... :rolleyes: Oh, well! My IKEA brain can only dream of user-friendly practicality! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah, that's completely understandable, no worries. It would also be extremely difficult to keep track of those who just suggest cases and those who actually calls them in.
It would've been really neat if there was a 'pending' category alongside the ruleout category in NamUs, but then again, they don't even have the identifiers visible anymore, either... :rolleyes: Oh, well! My IKEA brain can only dream of user-friendly practicality! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Coming up with the right combination is the key. One of the reason's I never posted my list here it would start a flow of exhausting questionable inquiries as to the credibility of the list. I'm a take it with a grain of salt or leave it type person each of us can come up with their own conclusion. Then their is where a submitter received an email response that the MP submitted was not a match but not listed in the NAMUS ruleouts. In turn it starts a conundrem of back and forths of why not. There is also where many only go by a rule out if the MP & UID DNA and teeth were analyzed not accepting the ruleout from the quick email. Then there is also the type of DNA that was compared and the location as to the DNA. Namus local le etc...

Finding the right sequence of managing is the key and having it explanatory enough to not cause doubt. Not sure what the sequence is but I will think about it

Last edited:
And we do have to question rule outs by websleuthers...nothing is hard evidence until there is.....sorry....it's good to have a list of people discussed and within a reasonable margin determine the possibility of being a match or not....but going on a while on WS people always remind of cases where the age, the stats, the color of hair etc. was far off.....so I relay on hard evidence....

I visited some forum where they post about the uid recons and the real deceased (matches) and every time I think....hmmmm I see a slight resemblance but most of them are really way off.... I still wonder about the recon of this UID....maybe she is made too beautiful....I don't know....

I visited some forum where they post about the uid recons and the real deceased (matches) and every time I think....hmmmm I see a slight resemblance but most of them are really way off.... I still wonder about the recon of this UID....maybe she is made too beautiful....I don't know....

Have seen where some UID/MP's appear exact and others not so much.... the recon is fairly old def would like to see an update of her. The original PM photos I have never seen all thou have read a report from Mary M that they were pretty grainy photos.

"The medical pathologist that performed the autopsy determined she died of asphyxiation. However, could not pinpoint whether death was by drowning, suffocation or strangulation. Her blood contained small amounts of caffeine and alcohol. Her body bore evidence of several minor cuts and blows, all superficial and was unsure what caused them. He estimated she died the day before her body was found (Sometime Wednesday June 18th). LPJD bore small old scars, right knee, right wrist and upper abdomen."

I'm starting to believe this was natural death, and that the wounds were inflicted to make sure she was dead.

She was weighted down by a lifting weight with a rope tied around her neck. I don't believe that was natural the superficial wounds may have been caused by fighting back or marine life. We use to keep a crab trap at the end of the pier close to where LPJD was found. Not an attractive thought but is a possibility it was wounds inflicted by marine life

Last edited:
They can tell the difference between wounds inflicted after death and before. Fighting back is a possibility, but not crsbs.

Also, disposing of a body doesn't automatically mean the disposer caused the death. In this case it seems likely but it's not certain.

I suppose at the end of the day we do not know what caused her death only possibilities of how the asphyxiation and superficial wounds to the facial area may have occurred. I inputted the crab possibility as that they feed in the lake we use to keep a crab trap at the end of the pier the bait was turkey necks. Drop the trap and in a couple of hours pull it up and you have a dozen crabs. I know it was a bit of a gruesome thought I injected there ... my apologizes but it was something that came to mind.

I also completely forgot another item of note her head was covered with a plastic bag so the wounds most likely occurred before the plastic bag was placed over head.

LPJD2.jpg

All thou Mary M does note in her book a Trail of Bones that LPJD had been strangled before being placed in the lake. That leads me to believe the she was murdered by someone potentially a significant other. Detective Dema also stated that she was possibly murdered due to the pregnancy. In all what lead to her death is still open ended and could be numerous possibilities.

Trail of Bones - Page 1.JPG Trail of Bones - Page 2.JPG

In all their are many possibilities of how and why her death occurred at the end of the day it still has not lead to her identity.

Last edited:
Hi Folie,

Has there been any updates with Kathleen M. Beitzel as a possible match for this Jane Doe? She did look very very similar to the original reconstruction, and this was commented on a few months ago.....

Hi Folie,

Has there been any updates with Kathleen M. Beitzel as a possible match for this Jane Doe? She did look very very similar to the original reconstruction, and this was commented on a few months ago.....

Hi There FireOwl9 ... Just love your avatar the owl is super cool

I will have to go look I want to say Kathleen's DNA was uploaded into NAMUS a few months ago. Will have to double check thou....

I will have to go look I want to say Kathleen's DNA was uploaded into NAMUS a few months ago. Will have to double check thou....

It was my post initially #720 about Kathleen, but to be honest...I lost track of the following up.

Lost and Found shows Kathleen as, Status Samples submitted - Tests not complete

As to whether their is an update since they were able to last acquire that status do not know since NAMUS changed the ability to view the identifiers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151