TX TX - Christopher Sanders, 40, Monahans, 13 Aug 2017

The only thing east of Hwy 18 /Monahans is the state park although they are currently building a county convention center east of 18 on the north side of 20.

I have been staying in Monahans for the last week-plus workinng in the oil fields. On my time off yesterday I visited the SP. See pics. The last one shows the sand blowing over the dune in the wind.

The company man at one of my rig sites told me that once he had been drilling on the edge of Monahans near the golf course. Said you could not lay a tool down anywhere or it would be buried in sand rather quickly. His hands were taking a break sitting on a mound of sand and started digging and found some Model A cars. Apparently the landowner knew they were somewhere on the property but never knew where. They were his grandfather's cars.

I wonder if Christopher made it as far as the State Park? If nobody picked him up, I suspect he is in the sand between Monahans and the park. [emoji20]

Where are you, Christopher?
0569ba7ade23e8bd5ec73a29b72f3f32.jpg
a7d307909f2f5a5af6d3ff4032e260f9.jpg
f9ef9882929345853ef561e3d46fcc6e.jpg
6699b3a6d6413f69077184af9da1eb68.jpg

Really good thoughts!! That never occurred to me. I live in Midland, and work in the industry, also. (Small world!) That’s why I was drawn to this one. We have tons of people disappear from out here all the time, but most show back up, or are found safe. This one is definitely odd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I knew you were *somewhere* in West Texas. I'm out here observing O&G drilling within City of Midland's T-Bar Ranch water rights area/ public drinking water supply. City wants us there, eyes and ears. There have been brine plume issues from very old leaky SWDs. Waiting for next casing TD so I have today off also.

I'm going to go drive that mapped route today. Last contact was 45 minutes walk from RV park.

I knew you were *somewhere* in West Texas. I'm out here observing O&G drilling within City of Midland's T-Bar Ranch water rights area/ public drinking water supply. City wants us there, eyes and ears. There have been brine plume issues from very old leaky SWDs. Waiting for next casing TD so I have today off also.

I'm going to go drive that mapped route today. Last contact was 45 minutes walk from RV park.

Eek! Time to call TRRC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The only thing east of Hwy 18 /Monahans is the state park although they are currently building a county convention center east of 18 on the north side of 20.

I have been staying in Monahans for the last week-plus workinng in the oil fields. On my time off yesterday I visited the SP. See pics. The last one shows the sand blowing over the dune in the wind.

The company man at one of my rig sites told me that once he had been drilling on the edge of Monahans near the golf course. Said you could not lay a tool down anywhere or it would be buried in sand rather quickly. His hands were taking a break sitting on a mound of sand and started digging and found some Model A cars. Apparently the landowner knew they were somewhere on the property but never knew where. They were his grandfather's cars.

I wonder if Christopher made it as far as the State Park? If nobody picked him up, I suspect he is in the sand between Monahans and the park. [emoji20]

Where are you, Christopher?
0569ba7ade23e8bd5ec73a29b72f3f32.jpg
a7d307909f2f5a5af6d3ff4032e260f9.jpg
f9ef9882929345853ef561e3d46fcc6e.jpg
6699b3a6d6413f69077184af9da1eb68.jpg

I have to agree with you that this is a strong possibility. I would get tracker/cadaver dogs out there.

I have to agree with you that this is a strong possibility. I would get tracker/cadaver dogs out there.
After driving up and down and up and down I-20 and the feeders (where they exist), I agree. I think this would be a great case for TES. Dogs and four wheelers for sand would be ideal.

There is so much trash along the side of the road it is difficult. Also lots of debris that falls off of trucks. I had to swerve to avoid hitting a shovel laying in the middle of I-20!! That's a bad stretch of road through there for flat tires. I had one the other day and I saw two people with flats while I was out tracing Christopher's walk.

Most of the right of way has fencing within maybe 50 ft of the highway but the closer you get to the state park the fence moves back quite a bit and it gets much sandier along the highway. So if you assumed he stayed between the fence and the interstate it seems like a searchable area I think it's like 4 miles between Monahans and the park.

I wonder if Tim could come search while it's still spring.

It was August when he disappeared and even at 9:30 in the morning if he was wearing boots and jeans a black shirt and a black hat he would not make it very far before getting pretty hot and needing water. It's tough to walk in sand also which might have kept him near the road? Dunno

On August 12, 2017, Chris Sanders was at a cookout with his friends at the Monahans County, Texas trailer part where he lived. His wife, who spoke with him on the phone that night, said he sounded tired and stressed out. The next morning, Chris went on a walk around 9:30 a.m. But he never returned home. Since he left on foot, his camper and his car were still at the trailer park. His phone was turned off shortly after he disappeared, and nobody has seen or spoken with him since.

Five years of Dateline’s Missing in America: 109 still missing

Someone on Youtube just posted a video where he claims to be involved in the disappearance of "a white guy" in Monahans TX "3 weeks ago" (doesn't quite fit the timescale but this video may not have been recorded today) and he tells us to check Monahans News for reports of a recent kidnapping.

[video=youtube;8-HL_Ofl2vs]

He doesn't mention any name but Christopher Sanders is the only recent disappearance in Monahans TX I could find any media reports about.

I have contacted the FBI and Ward County Crimestoppers about this video.

Do you still have a working link to this video? Can’t get it to work. Or direct me to the channel? Thanks.

? Has this been checked?

Attachments

• 9B5D4316-EBCF-46BD-86CD-7BB0E22107E2.jpeg
    9B5D4316-EBCF-46BD-86CD-7BB0E22107E2.jpeg
    104.5 KB · Views: 41
I found a website that I assume is what you’re talking about. Just a heads up, Astrology is not allowed on WS so please run your ideas by a moderator prior to posting. Otherwise the thread may get shut down.

On August 12, 2017, Chris Sanders was at a cookout with his friends at the Monahans County, Texas trailer part where he lived. His wife, who spoke with him on the phone that night, said he sounded tired and stressed out. The next morning, Chris went on a walk around 9:30 a.m. But he never returned home. Since he left on foot, his camper and his car were still at the trailer park. His phone was turned off shortly after he disappeared, and nobody has seen or spoken with him since.

Six years of Dateline's Missing in America: 134 still missing

chris_sanders_3dea509eb85a077008914e79594250ea.fit-760w.png

DEC 5, 2022
Chris Sanders

On August 12, 2017, Chris Sanders, 40, was at a cookout with his friends at the Monahans County, Texas trailer park where he lived. His wife, who spoke with him on the phone that night, told Dateline he sounded tired and stressed out. The next morning, Chris went on a walk around 9:30 a.m. and never returned home. Since he left on foot, his camper and his car were still at the trailer park. His phone was turned off or died shortly after he disappeared, and nobody has seen or spoken with him since. In 2022, Dateline spoke with a spokesperson from the Monahans Police Department who confirmed the case is still open and active. Chris Sanders is described as being 5’11” tall and weighing about 210 lbs. He has strawberry blonde hair and typically has a full beard and mustache. Chris was last seen wearing a black hat, a black shirt with the letters TCU, blue jeans and boots. If you have any information on Chris’s whereabouts, please call the Monahans Police Department at (432) 943-3254 or the Texas Rangers at (512) 424-2160.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GravityHurts
Back