GUILTY - Sidney Moorer trial, Obstruction of Justice, Heather Elvis, 28 Aug 2017 #2 *Appeals Denied*

Yes, and his kidnapping retrial case will be scheduled sometime next year in Georgetown County (moved from Horry).
Which is ridiculous, IMO. Georgetown doesn't have its own news stations (and isn't shut off from the internet). Georgetown watches the same news we watch in Horry County.

When asked what he had been doing to get ready for potential parole, Moorer answered that he had been working at the prison cleaning dorms and he has been to several classes and prayer services.

Sidney Moorer denied parole on obstruction of justice charge
BBM: According to SM's inmate report, his attempt to earn education credits was terminated due to "poor attendance." Interesting he would mention that today.

https://public.doc.state.sc.us/scdc-public/inmateDetails.do?id= 00373721

Thank you CG! I transcribed what Assistant Solicitor Chris Helms had to say with my favorite parts in bold:

"Yes sir, um, board members, I want to thank you for having us here. I want to thank for hearing from us. I can honestly say that in my years as a solicitor, um, as an assistant solicitor, as a criminal attorney, I've never been to one of these. But I felt it incumbent upon my office to stress upon this board, to you members, the severity of what we're here for. I know this is a nonviolent offense; that is not lost on me . . . One of the goals of the prison system is rehabilitation. We have no indication that Mr. Moorer has been rehabilitated. We have no indication that he has any degree of remorse for what he did. Again, I know this is obstruction of justice, but folks, he did not obstruct a shoplifting case. He did not obstruct a grand larceny case. This initially was a homicide investigation, that then morphed into kidnapping charges. I would like to remind you those charges are still pending against Mr. Moorer. And Mr. Elvis is absolutely right - his co-defendant was just convicted of those charges recently and is currently serving a 30-year prison sentence. Mr. Moorer, not only before the investigation, lied to law enforcement, during the investigation, but continues to this day, to hinder closure for this family."

Thank you CG! I transcribed what Assistant Solicitor Chris Helms had to say with my favorite parts in bold:

"Yes sir, um, board members, I want to thank you for having us here. I want to thank for hearing from us. I can honestly say that in my years as a solicitor, um, as an assistant solicitor, as a criminal attorney, I've never been to one of these. But I felt it incumbent upon my office to stress upon this board, to you members, the severity of what we're here for. I know this is a nonviolent offense; that is not lost on me . . . One of the goals of the prison system is rehabilitation. We have no indication that Mr. Moorer has been rehabilitated. We have no indication that he has any degree of remorse for what he did. Again, I know this is obstruction of justice, but folks, he did not obstruct a shoplifting case. He did not obstruct a grand larceny case. This initially was a homicide investigation, that then morphed into kidnapping charges. I would like to remind you those charges are still pending against Mr. Moorer. And Mr. Elvis is absolutely right - his co-defendant was just convicted of those charges recently and is currently serving a 30-year prison sentence. Mr. Moorer, not only before the investigation, lied to law enforcement, during the investigation, but continues to this day, to hinder closure for this family."

Very well said by Mr. Helms!

So I was thinking about this last night and notice how CH was there and spoke against his release. Not only that but also made certain SM knows TM got convicted and is locked away for 30 years. And pointed out at the end the biggest problem is SM has not let the family get closure...

I have a feeling today there may be a visit to SM with basically an offer of "look, tell us what you know and we will speak on your behalf next hearing."

MOO, JMO, ETCETC.

So I was thinking about this last night and notice how CH was there and spoke against his release. Not only that but also made certain SM knows TM got convicted and is locked away for 30 years. And pointed out at the end the biggest problem is SM has not let the family get closure...

I have a feeling today there may be a visit to SM with basically an offer of "look, tell us what you know and we will speak on your behalf next hearing."

MOO, JMO, ETCETC.

Good point about the visit, especially now that he knows he's not getting out. Isn't it interesting though that he has her mother there and not his family? That clan is going to stay really close to him and pressure him to keep quiet and I think yesterday was purposeful to send a message to the state.

Good point about the visit, especially now that he knows he's not getting out. Isn't it interesting though that he has her mother there and not his family? That clan is going to stay really close to him and pressure him to keep quiet and I think yesterday was purposeful to send a message to the state.

Yeah I'm sure she doesnt trust him or Nikki.

Sidney and Tammy Moorer both due back in court

December 7th 2018

"Horry County, S.C. (WPDE) — Tammy and Sidney Moorer could be back in an Horry County court on Dec. 17, according to the Horry County court roster.

The roster states they will be in court on a motion to get a handwriting sample from each of them.

The hearing is set for 9:30 a.m. on Dec. 17 in front of Circuit Court Judge Benjamin Culbertson.

In this case, Tammy and Sidney Moorer are charged with obtain signature or prop. under false pretenses, value $10,000 or more and false statement on application for Medicaid assistance, according to court records...."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 7th 2018

"Horry County, S.C. (WPDE) — Tammy and Sidney Moorer could be back in an Horry County court on Dec. 17, according to the Horry County court roster.

The roster states they will be in court on a motion to get a handwriting sample from each of them.

The hearing is set for 9:30 a.m. on Dec. 17 in front of Circuit Court Judge Benjamin Culbertson.

In this case, Tammy and Sidney Moorer are charged with obtain signature or prop. under false pretenses, value $10,000 or more and false statement on application for Medicaid assistance, according to court records...."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is a FRAUD thread already set up. I tweaked the title so we can discuss here:

Tammy & Sidney Moorer - **NEW CHARGES** Fraud - Court Date Set December 17, 2018

Which is ridiculous, IMO. Georgetown doesn't have its own news stations (and isn't shut off from the internet). Georgetown watches the same news we watch in Horry County.

BBM: According to SM's inmate report, his attempt to earn education credits was terminated due to "poor attendance." Interesting he would mention that today.

https://public.doc.state.sc.us/scdc-public/inmateDetails.do?id= 00373721

Awwww, poor SM, in his photo @ the link he looks like he's pouting about something, bless his heart. Whatever could be wrong? ;)

He doesn't deserve a moment of peace IMO. Same for the Mrs.

706f21f7-ccf8-471d-b8fc-db5515cf3428-large16x9_48350172_1056979691141419_3795295744290717696_o.jpg

The event will be Tuesday, Dec. 18 at Peach Tree Landing from 5-8 p.m.

The family described the event as follows:

"The Christmas season is about hope: a hope in Christ, who provides for an eternal home where we are finally all together again in peace and harmony. We will gather...to remember a piece of our family we have been missing for 5 long years. We hope you will join us to remember your loved ones as well. This night is not just about Heather, it is about our community. In the same way you have all gathered and stood faithful to our family in our time of need, we want to give back. This is a time and place to join together in celebration of our loved ones who we will spend Christmas separated from. Whether you are separated by distance, deployment, time, or death; it is the time of year we find most difficult to be apart. Let us choose to change our perspective and look to a future time when this will no longer be a problem. We will celebrate the best gift of all, eternal life in Christ. Come and write your loved ones' name on a luminary at the landing and help us celebrate the hope and peace of Christmas with the light of their love and memories. We will focus on the promise of Emmanuel (God with us) and have a "different kind of Christmas" this year. We will encourage each other by sharing the love, comfort and strength we ourselves have received from God and each other. If you aren't able to make it to the event, light a candle at home or post a candle picture online, and include your loved ones name. Know that we will also be praying at the vigil for you and yours."

Family of Heather Elvis to hold annual HELPP event

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back