AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you immediately shoot a person you see standing at your door?

The killer will shoot you the minute they see you. They know what they want. You do not know. A few seconds of decision declares you dead
Of course I would not immediately shoot someone standing at my door. but my point is, I would not go to the door at all unprepared.
Everyone who knows me, includes family, knows to stand in front of my window so I can see them. Window on the front before steps to my porch and front door. I also have two indoor dogs, and a Catahoula outside. If anyone approaches my house thru the woods, he is all over it barking. That includes family.
I know my dogs reactions and yes, if I am not comfortable with the situation, I would fire. Maybe a warning shot first, but I would definitely shoot.

If I were this perp I would not take my phone with me but a portable police scanner. Perp might have even left his phone with someone else who knew what he was up to and who was his alibi.

You bring up great point ... if no phone though... if he travels Barron 5 days week the anomaly would show .. I hope.. I think ur right this guy didn’t leave much to chance

Here is post for Jeanie o truck driver..
I’m guessing the bulk of people passing Closs home... would be directly or indirectly tied to Jeanie o ...?

Seems odd work hours. Start 12 noon to 4?
On 2 days off 3 ??

Anyone know how many Jeanie trucks go by house ?? Rough estimate?? Do bulk go by that house before going to farms / supermarket?

Not saying truck driver is likely perp..this job description makes sound like they have no of drivers going to all farms in decent size radius and driver tracks his own work ..
——————-
  • Deliver feed to correct farms, buildings, and tanks within the set standards
  • Maintain vehicle in good working order and in compliance with DOT regulations
  • Keep accurate log of miles, tons, feed type, and delivery times and days may be necessary
  • Other work as needed
  • *** Schedule for 24/7 operation. Two days on three days off and three days on and two days off and repeat the schedule. Schedule will be explained at the interview **
  • ** Start time can vary from 12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. **

Got a great pic here. Not positive when it was taken. You will see in this pic that there is a small window in the Closs door. Can make a huge difference on a lot of things. Could have shot James right through the window. Not saying that is what happened, just saying it wasn't a solid door so perp could have possibly been looking inside at who was coming to the door. There is the possibility that this door had been replaced before the crime, I'm trying to figure that out.
https://s3-media4.fl.yelpcdn.com/bphoto/8o3LjaitEhpA6x0UluXSdA/o.jpg
The pic was found on the Sikora Prime Painting and power washing facebook page. I believe that Denise's nephew owns it

You bring up great point ... if no phone though... if he travels Barron 5 days week the anomaly would show .. I hope.. I think ur right this guy didn’t leave much to chance
What anomaly? It's late sunday night early monday morning. It's not like you're driving to work every monday 8.00 am and your phone is not pinging the way it usually does.

What anomaly? It's late sunday night early monday morning. It's not like you're driving to work every monday 8.00 am and your phone is not pinging the way it usually does.

Excellent point .. in that scenario there wouldn’t be one...

If it’s local perp your even more correct...

My thought. Or Hope was there would be a glitch in a pattern. Perp text/ calls dad/ girlfriend every Monday 6 am... this Monday he didn’t text/call.. why
Or turkey driver drops off birds every Sunday nite... he did that Sunday but forgot his phone... or turned off... why..

Your right though. Sunday nite is about hardest time to find anomaly.. also likely the time least cops on duty..and about least traffic on road ...

I don’t think that’s a fluke...

You often a unique perspective.
First, I'm so sorry you experienced this trauma, and I hope your family has been able to heal from the horrific ordeal.
How old were the Perps? Were you able to determine if there was any loose connection to your family at all? (Gas station attendant, carpet cleaner, etc.) Did you find out why they picked your particular location?

Any other details you can offer up might help us further calibrate Jayme's case. Thank you so much.

You ask all the questions we are asking ourselves, healing physically and mentally will take time, thank you for asking.

Without going into detail. non of us understood what they were saying, we could not say what they looked like, other than build and what they were wearing. The impression due to build, and demeanor was late teens - mid-twenties. As for family loose connections, none of us can think of anything.

Of course I would not immediately shoot someone standing at my door. but my point is, I would not go to the door at all unprepared.
Everyone who knows me, includes family, knows to stand in front of my window so I can see them. Window on the front before steps to my porch and front door. I also have two indoor dogs, and a Catahoula outside. If anyone approaches my house thru the woods, he is all over it barking. That includes family.
I know my dogs reactions and yes, if I am not comfortable with the situation, I would fire. Maybe a warning shot first, but I would definitely shoot.
I see what you’re saying, but what’s true for you is not necessarily true for all. I mentioned a few weeks ago what happened to me when I received a late night unknown knock at my door - although I have plenty of weapons and training, I was not armed when I approached the door. Simply put, I did not feel an immediate threat. And luckily I was right, it was just some kids that had hit a deer down the road. You very well might have responded differently, but I don’t think either one of could say how James Closs would respond.

Excellent point .. in that scenario there wouldn’t be one...

If it’s local perp your even more correct...

My thought. Or Hope was there would be a glitch in a pattern. Perp text/ calls dad/ girlfriend every Monday 6 am... this Monday he didn’t text/call.. why
Or turkey driver drops off birds every Sunday nite... he did that Sunday but forgot his phone... or turned off... why..

Your right though. Sunday nite is about hardest time to find anomaly.. also likely the time least cops on duty..and about least traffic on road ...

I don’t think that’s a fluke...

Your phone could be watching *advertiser censored* in your very own bedroom, like 'you' do every sunday night.

I see what you’re saying, but what’s true for you is not necessarily true for all. I mentioned a few weeks ago what happened to me when I received a late night unknown knock at my door - although I have plenty of weapons and training, I was not armed when I approached the door. Simply put, I did not feel an immediate threat. And luckily I was right, it was just some kids that had hit a deer down the road. You very well might have responded differently, but I don’t think either one of could say how James Closs would respond.
I totally agree with you.

You ask all the questions we are asking ourselves, healing physically and mentally will take time, thank you for asking.

Without going into detail. non of us understood what they were saying, we could not say what they looked like, other than build and what they were wearing. The impression due to build, and demeanor was late teens - mid-twenties. As for family loose connections, none of us can think of anything.

I think they didn't search for you because this WAS unplanned and by strangers. This is how I imagine drug users, gangs etc. They didn't know you were there.

Last edited:
But, LE may have known at that time that the cell phone the "lots of yelling" hang up call came from was owned by a person named "Denise Closs".
I wonder, why LE so hesitated to state, that it was Denise's phone? I remember well (grandma thinks, haha), when they didn't want to answer that question. They didn't say, who was the caller, and they didn't say, whose phone it was.

I doubt local phone activity will be of much use until/unless a suspect surfaces or to rule people out, as best they can.

I forget to take my phone when I go out about 30% of the time, so I would be a poor example but most people do have their at all times, including 99% of criminals imo, if not more. Perps don’t go in expecting to get caught, so they are not thinking ahead as much as we give them credit for.

If there was a way to go back in time and see all phones that were in the Closs house on that night, it would be one thing. But getting a print-out of every phone that hit the nearest tower or towers is basically useless, since all phones do that regularly and could be miles away. It would only help after the fact, i.e once they have a suspect.
Jmo

If you had one question or piece of evidence you could ask the sheriff about (and he had to adhere) that you don't know about or are confused about, What would it be?
Mine would be, even though they claim it wouldn't help us, to hear the 911 call

True! My 38 is by my front door and my 410 is by my bed. Both are loaded and ready....I would never go to my front door after dark without my hand gun. That's why I think James knew who was there.

Yes, either he knew who it was or wasn't afraid. That's why I thought a female may have knocked at the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks