Found Deceased Canada - Thelma Krull, 58, Winnipeg MB, 11 July 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Locals are focusing in on motive which seems at this point very difficult to narrow down. Here is a summary of possibilities written by me on a local FB discussion page: " Was it revenge on her family for something? Was it a rape, then murder to cover that crime? Was it someone who exploded in rage when she came upon a drug deal or refused to give money to someone approaching her for that? Was it a love triangle crime of passion (I doubt this one, but am brainstorming all possibilities)? Was it someone who kept watching her walk by his house, and decided to sexually assault her. When she fought back, he hit her? Had she found someone embezzling money at SPIKE and threatened to expose him/her? This last one is doubtful as a friend who worked there said there are so many checks and balances in that organization, fraud would be very difficult. Thelma worked in that dept. though. Was it an indigenous person angry with all of the disappearances of indigenous women who wanted to see a white woman disappear for a change? There is some gossip on reddit that one such guy was overheard in a pub saying to another, "Remember when we killed that white woman?" but I think they just wanted to upset the white men in the pub or this is made up by the reddit poster. Was this a man from the Speedway who took a shine to Thelma, but she rebuffed him, and he got angry? Was it someone with prior DUI s who hit her by mistake with his vehicle, and he panicked to cover up the accident? Any other ideas?

The time and timing seem very odd to me. It was 8am on a very hot and humid morning when one just wanted to stay in an air-conditioned place. I remember it was so stifling, I had trouble sleeping that night because I just have a wall A/C unit and a fan. It was the day of Thelma's grandson's birthday party. The party was planned for the afternoon, around 2pm, I believe. She and her husband were going to meet at Canadian Tire after her walk to buy a ladder and then pick up the birthday cake. Is it just coincidence that she happened to get killed on exactly that day?

Everyone who knew Thelma knew she would not run away and disappear willingly on her grandson's birthday.

My theory is Thelma was attacked by a sexual predator, and she fought back very hard, getting beaten in the process. Dazed, she was taken into a truck or van. Maybe her attacker took her to a nearby place where he had a friend. She may have been killed there. These guys argued, but then both went out to this isolated area to dump the body.

This fits the facts we have so far... the scenario of a confrontation, blood, bent glasses and earphones and cell phone left behind, medical distress, Thelma seen in a truck, argument on Grey and Kimberley ... and skull found in a wooded area. I'm sure animals and water caused the deterioration of poor Thelma's body.

Many of Thelma's teeth are missing. I wonder if she wore an upper denture? If not then they may have been lost from force pre or post mortem.

The time and timing seem very odd to me. It was 8am on a very hot and humid morning when one just wanted to stay in an air-conditioned place. I remember it was so stifling, I had trouble sleeping that night because I just have a wall A/C unit and a fan. It was the day of Thelma's grandson's birthday party. The party was planned for the afternoon, around 2pm, I believe. She and her husband were going to meet at Canadian Tire after her walk to buy a ladder and then pick up the birthday cake. Is it just coincidence that she happened to get killed on exactly that day?

Everyone who knew Thelma knew she would not run away and disappear willingly on her grandson's birthday.

My theory is Thelma was attacked by a sexual predator, and she fought back very hard, getting beaten in the process. Dazed, she was taken into a truck or van. Maybe her attacker took her to a nearby place where he had a friend. She may have been killed there. These guys argued, but then both went out to this isolated area to dump the body.

This fits the facts we have so far... the scenario of a confrontation, blood, bent glasses and earphones and cell phone left behind, medical distress, Thelma seen in a truck, argument on Grey and Kimberley ... and skull found in a wooded area. I'm sure animals and water caused the deterioration of poor Thelma's body.

Is it known that there are sloughs where she was found? Looking at the google aerial map, it looks like a forested area, and trees don't grow in sloughs.

Locals are focusing in on motive which seems at this point very difficult to narrow down. Here is a summary of possibilities written by me on a local FB discussion page: " Was it revenge on her family for something? Was it a rape, then murder to cover that crime? Was it someone who exploded in rage when she came upon a drug deal or refused to give money to someone approaching her for that? Was it a love triangle crime of passion (I doubt this one, but am brainstorming all possibilities)? Was it someone who kept watching her walk by his house, and decided to sexually assault her. When she fought back, he hit her? Had she found someone embezzling money at SPIKE and threatened to expose him/her? This last one is doubtful as a friend who worked there said there are so many checks and balances in that organization, fraud would be very difficult. Thelma worked in that dept. though. Was it an indigenous person angry with all of the disappearances of indigenous women who wanted to see a white woman disappear for a change? There is some gossip on reddit that one such guy was overheard in a pub saying to another, "Remember when we killed that white woman?" but I think they just wanted to upset the white men in the pub or this is made up by the reddit poster. Was this a man from the Speedway who took a shine to Thelma, but she rebuffed him, and he got angry? Was it someone with prior DUI s who hit her by mistake with his vehicle, and he panicked to cover up the accident? Any other ideas?

LE indicates that she did not know the person, so IMHO you can rule out anyone she might have known for whatever reason. LE has probably done the same.

My two cents: a rape that was always meant to turn into murder, for the thrill of it and so the victim would not tell. The perp is someone with a very distorted personality and he may have had these fantasies for a long time before turning them into reality.

It is also possible that this is not his first crime, perhaps he was caught (or almost caught) on an earlier occasion because the victim lived to tell or the body was found and after that, he decided he would not get caught again.

It is not easy to get to. The main highways around there are #1 and #12. This is definitely off the beaten path.

Global TV has been under attack, I think rightly so, for showing the skull. The police have called this cruel. However, if you look further down this story, you'll see video footage of the area. (I think this was posted earlier, but for your convenience... 3 years after she vanished, Winnipeg police find skull belonging to Thelma Krull
Global never showed the skull, the skull was covered up and there was a cursor that one could slide open if they wished to view the skull.

I’m not able to find a police report to indicate full recovery of her body, only the skull was found, is that correct? If so, I wonder if that’s indicating the body parts were disbursed in various locations?

Another thing I’m thinking, because it’s been more than three years since she disappeared, the perp/s could’ve hidden her body days, weeks, months or years after she was murdered. There’s no way to know for sure if she was placed in the treed area immediately after her disappearance.
The problem with keeping a body hidden for a long period of time, especially indoors is that it starts to smell,so I figure the killer would have wanted to dispose of it as soon as possible. It was also very hot when Thelma disappeared so that would make keeping the body even harder.

RIP, Thelma.

131746-651697f25cf8a6c8de5ca7708106847a.jpg

Attachments

• ripAngel.jpg
    ripAngel.jpg
    307.7 KB · Views: 2

I feel this started off as a robbery and Thelma fought back so the robbers, attacked her and her glasses fell off during the attack, then she was driven to the Tache area and was killed there. I think there has to be two people involved, as it would be hard for one person to drag Thelma through the woods, especially since the area was so thick with trees. Two people could have carried her there.

The problem with keeping a body hidden for a long period of time, especially indoors is that it starts to smell,so I figure the killer would have wanted to dispose of it as soon as possible. It was also very hot when Thelma disappeared so that would make keeping the body even harder.

My impression is that she encountered an indigenous man (suspected) in the park early in the morning. It's possible that he had been there throughout the night. He attacked her, and she lost her glasses and cell phone. He then took her to where her skull was found, most likely walked her into the field, and killed her there. He would have no reason to bury her. Animals must have scattered her remains.

I feel this started off as a robbery and Thelma fought back so the robbers, attacked her and her glasses fell off during the attack, then she was driven to the Tache area and was killed there. I think there has to be two people involved, as it would be hard for one person to drag Thelma through the woods, especially since the area was so thick with trees. Two people could have carried her there.

What would the suspect want to steal from a woman taking a morning walk? He didn't want her phone, because that was left at the park.

Police are currently looking for one suspect, and it's not a problem to force a woman to walk into a wooded area. The suspect is estimated to be well over 200 lbs, no match for the victim.

My impression is that she encountered an indigenous man (suspected) in the park early in the morning. It's possible that he had been there throughout the night. He attacked her, and she lost her glasses and cell phone. He then took her to where her skull was found, most likely walked her into the field, and killed her there. He would have no reason to bury her. Animals must have scattered her remains.
You may be right Otto. I just think this was a crime of opportunity, the killer(s) were around the park, they saw Thelma and decided to try to rob her, but Thelma fought back and they were afraid of getting caught so they dragged her to their vehicle and drove off with her.

I feel that the killers may have lived ( or still live) in the Tache area and drove into to Winnnipeg to work. They may possibly be a construction worker that worked around the area of civic park.

You may be right Otto. I just think this was a crime of opportunity, the killer(s) were around the park, they saw Thelma and decided to try to rob her, but Thelma fought back and they were afraid of getting caught so they dragged her to their vehicle and drove off with her.

Haven't police said that there is no connection between victim and suspect? That would mean that this is a crime opportunity. Thelma was an accidental victim in the wrong place at the wrong time and appearing vulnerable.

The problem with a robbery theory is that she was not robbed. Her most valuable item, the cell phone, was left behind.

I feel that the killers may have lived ( or still live) in the Tache area and drove into to Winnnipeg to work. They may possibly be a construction worker that worked around the area of civic park.

It's not unusual for a suspect to take a victim several miles away from the abduction site and to murder at that location.

What would the suspect want to steal from a woman taking a morning walk? He didn't want her phone, because that was left at the park.

Police are currently looking for one suspect, and it's not a problem to force a woman to walk into a wooded area. The suspect is estimated to be well over 200 lbs, no match for the victim.
Haven't police said that there is no connection between victim and suspect? That would mean that this is a crime opportunity. Thelma was an accidental victim in the wrong place at the wrong time and appearing vulnerable.

The problem with a robbery theory is that she was not robbed. Her most valuable item, the cell phone, was left behind.
Perhaps the killer didn't know that she didn't have anything of value and when he found out he became enraged and decided to take it out on Thelma
As for the phone , perhaps the killer didnt have time to take ir or left it behind on purpose so his trail couldn't be traced

Perhaps the killer didn't know that she didn't have anything of value and when he found out he became enraged and decided to take it out on Thelma
As for the phone , perhaps the killer didnt have time to take ir or left it behind on purpose so his trail couldn't be traced

If it is a robbery, something of value has to be taken. She was taking a morning walk, and the only thing she had of value was her cell phone. That was not taken, so it cannot be a robbery.

Why would a thief decide to leave the leave the thing of value behind and take Thelma instead? The goal was to take Thelma, not rob her.

If it is a robbery, something of value has to be taken. She was taking a morning walk, and the only thing she had of value was her cell phone. That was not taken, so it cannot be a robbery.

Why would a thief decide to leave the leave the thing of value behind and take Thelma instead? The goal was to take Thelma, not rob her.
Maybe Thelma could identify the killer or killers so they needed to get rid of her and they had no use for her phone. I have no idea what the killer was thinking

Maybe Thelma could identify the killer or killers so they needed to get rid of her and they had no use for her phone. I have no idea what the killer was thinking

Given that her body was found so far from the abduction site, I think her fate was sealed as soon as the suspect saw her. This was not a robbery. This was an abduction and murder, a crime of opportunity by an man who was at the park early in the morning - possibly having been there all night long.

Given that her body was found so far from the abduction site, I think her fate was sealed as soon as the suspect saw her. This was not a robbery. This was an abduction and murder, a crime of opportunity by an man who was at the park early in the morning - possibly having been there all night long.
I don't doubt that her fate was sealed as soon as the suspect saw her but what reason would the suspect have to be in the park all night? I mean what if he waited there all night and Thelma didn't show up there on her walk? He could have been waiting a while for his victim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆