GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #62

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he saw her vulnerability as his chance to sweep in, for sure. I don't think it's as simple as him wanting to "ditch her when she became strong." She was always strong. She was just at her most vulnerable when he met her, and he knew it. He enjoyed feeling like the hero.
Over time he likely felt that he wasn't looked at as quite the hero. He said at one time the relationship went down hill as soon as the children were born. He may have felt less important and less loved as her attention would be more directed at the kids. Either way, it's apparent that he wasn't satisfied with the marriage. But he didn't have the skills to communicate that. He just kind of went with the flow. He was always compliant. Never complained.
Then along comes the love of his life. Maybe it was the first time he felt appreciated in a long time.

I think many people have had similar theories and of course there is so much more to it. So I'm not sure what you mean by inconsistent. The same general theory with some variations have been consistent throughout the whole case. Only now that the documents are out, psychologists are talking about it in the news. And they are basically saying everything that we have been saying from the beginning.
Imo

It is inconsistent when people say he chooses someone like his mother because he is used to abuse.

It is inconsistent when people say she was sick so he liked to be the knight in shining armor ,and then felt he was no longer needed when she became better.

He cannot choose an abusive person when he is choosing to be the knight.

Either he is consistent in choosing abusive mates or he is not.

Either he wants to be seen as the knight in shining armor or he does not.

He is no Scott Peterson. He was the golden child and SW said that CW was second rate in comparison to the sister.

SP did not physically kill his child as did CW.

CW is his own type. He is an FA who only wants a new life. Is his only barricade money to get what he wants? I don’t see religion or failure as a provider or paranoia playing any role. His family was an inconvenience.

When the video shows him going down the driveway in the dark to get his truck to back in he is in his stocking feet, he does not have his work boots on but you do see them when he is leaving with them already in the truck.
Makes sense, the boots were the last things he put on.
And the basement door was opened a minute before the garage door alert.

But can you imagine? This is a man who took care of those kids. Knew them super well. I mean how you act that for years is beyond me. The narcissists and sociopaths I've seen in my work can put on an act but the moment no one is looking or as soon as they feel comfortable they're no longer putting their child first or adequately caring for their needs.

Not this guy. For four years he changed diapers, fed, bathed and dressed them, gave them their medicine, played games, snuggled, packed their supplies, wiped noses, consoled them, all the stuff a normal and bonded parent does.

Then he not only killed them but could calmly look at videos of them, knowing he will never see them alive again, and showed no remorse or grief of any kind.

None of us are ever going to understand this. Or be able to figure it out. Yet we will keep trying.

As usual, you point out and thing that you say or what all of us have been thinking but we did not know how to express it.

Exactly on point when you said he brought out the videos of his children while he was waiting in the room.

Whether guilty or not guilty, I would think he would be in sobs watching those videos. But he did nothing as far as emotion. He was bored of it

. I find that just so unbelievable and I cannot understand it.

If I had to put money on it I would say it was Shanann first, then the girls, then bag, bag, sheet, throw on some clothes in the basement he had prepared the night before and right outta there. Boom boom boom, like a robot. He may have sat on his bed in the basement to put his boots on and his hands from picking them up pressed into the bed and left a trace scent that the dogs detected.
I’ve been thinking this as well. He went onto autopilot early that morning and had a checklist of things (in his mind) to do.
Kill those kids and her....check
Chuck them in the truck....check
Pack all my work gear etc...check
Hi ho off to work I go...check
Chuck those kids in the oil....check
Dig a latrine and bury her in there...check
Take a flower photo and send onto love of my life...check
Have a convo with workmates...check
Oil leak..check
Call school and unenroll those kids...check
Call Realtor put house on market...check
Punch out a bit of Metallica...check
Defecate...check
Etc,etc
I am in no way demeaning this horror but it’s so robotic and pathetic..how can anyone be so desensitized and cold?

Last edited:
First part of the card seems to be song lyrics, just chucked it in to google, how original.

If they were hooking up mid June this seems pretty full on for just a couple of weeks later.

Yep, “lovebombing” big time.
I tell you, it’s like these guys (I do realize not all people with NPD are male) are all reading from the same playbook.

I hope there aren’t too many of these people either but it is both fascinating and terrifying to imagine. What bothers me most is the thought that CW seemingly changed over the course of a few weeks. How is that possible? Are we all just sitting ducks at the mercy of our significant others’ potential psychosis?? Are any of us really safe from a change of heart by our loved ones??

I realize this sounds neurotic on my part, but I can’t help but wonder about the men I know who share similar traits to CW: quiet, introverted, inexpressive and with domineering mothers. It’s enough to make you sleep with one eye open...or with plenty of Xanax.

CW completely changed because of SEX ++++ with NK.:eek::eek::eek:

I agree. I doubt their conversations were very stimulating (because of CW). His cards were extremely bland. His saving grace to her seemed to be that she liked the sex and he let her run the show. She contrasted that with other boyfriends who were afraid to commit. She liked that he was interested enough to dump his wife for her.
And that she found someone who would listen to her boring non-stop drone.

I think part of it is living together as a couple is much different than dating. I think living with her and her making more demands reminded him of being hen-pecked by his mom. When you date, especially when you have an affair, everything is sunshine and daisies. Children, bills, marriage are reality and reality isn't as fun.

Edit: also, NK was bossy about his dreams and goals. He mentioned SW not supporting his fitness stuff :rolleyes:. Of course she isn't going to act like NK. She has kids and things to do. She's doesn't have the free time to spend hours on Google and she lupus. Of course she won't go running with you, imbecile.
And had this lame affair actually went further, CW was going to end up in the exact same position with this chic too. NK was going to want the house and the kids and tell him how to live and what to eat and what kind of lifestyle she expected him to support. Even affairs that turn into marriage turn into real life, daily life, with all the mundane things that go along with living for most of us - work and bills and cooking and housekeeping and kids and responsibilities and in-law dramas. With a bossy, opinionated, not easy to please kind of person. He's such an idiot.

I think the evidence of him agreeing to be there for Bella's school registration and then texting his colleague to say he would be going straight out to the oil site and it wouldn't need two of them to go, is enough for me to conclude he premeditated all their deaths.

I agree, and think it makes sense that others have suggested that around the time SW mentions CW is "coming around/moving forward" is also when he's agreeing to things like a weekend trip, school registration, packing the girls backpacks for school, etc. etc. because he knows it's all moot.... IMO

Last edited:
The sheet was found above ground. It had dirt on it, as he wrapped Shanann in that sheet and apparently dragged it across the ground when he was transporting her body to what would ultimately be a shallow grave.

There is no evidence that it contained blood, per discovery.

The autopsy didn’t show any wounds to her body that would have caused bleeding either.

It was just a sensationalist take, by a tabloid rag.

I think this confusion comes from the fact that there are two different sheets being discussed. One is the bed sheet that was found at the scene above ground and clearly came from the Watts' bed. This one did not have obvious blood or body fluids on it.

The other is the white sheet that lined the body bag when they recovered SW & Nico from the scene. That is the sheet that was put into the drying closet because it had fluids and dirt on it. This is what Radar has posted a picture of.

They are listed separately in the evidence logs in the discovery documents. Below are some of the references to each sheet.

Medical Examiner’s Sheet:
page 77
discovery page 122
#66 - sheet into drying rack

page 848
discovery page 959
item #66 coroner’s body bag sheet from Shanann Watts at autopsy

ETA: page 979
discovery page 990
logging the sheet into the drying rack and keep reading for a description of the white sheet that has blood in parenthesis.

SW & CW Bed Sheet:
Bedsheet at scene
pg 422
discovery page 482

pg 539
discovery page 606
Chris confirms the sheet at scene is from the bed

pg 835
discovery page 946
Item #28 indicates the grey and white bed sheet
It was probably already posted but I saw on sm that a 20/20 story will air this Friday about this case.

I saw that too. I've also heard that the Rzuceks will be on that episode.

You’re right about the short time needed for premeditation and I guess I expressed my thoughts in a disorganized way. I meant to say his actions on Friday show me he had a plan and it was premeditated at that time or earlier. I also think it would be impossible to play it so cool w/in a couple hours if he spontaneously had to kill his children a couple hours earlier. His coworkers describe him as completely normal, even laughing. The video from when the police show up that afternoon even has him showing duper’s delight. Along with you, I can’t envision planning ahead to kill my family but my interpretation of the evidence is that he did. JMO
I agree he planned and thought about killing them ahead of time for the same reasons you stated. I think if he was truthful and it was just a few minutes from killing Shanann and putting them in the truck, it is because he was mustering up the courage and it became a now or never moment.

I hope there aren’t too many of these people either but it is both fascinating and terrifying to imagine. What bothers me most is the thought that CW seemingly changed over the course of a few weeks. How is that possible? Are we all just sitting ducks at the mercy of our significant others’ potential psychosis?? Are any of us really safe from a change of heart by our loved ones??

I realize this sounds neurotic on my part, but I can’t help but wonder about the men I know who share similar traits to CW: quiet, introverted, inexpressive and with domineering mothers. It’s enough to make you sleep with one eye open...or with plenty of Xanax.

I have experienced this kind of change.

At the time I did not realise I was dealing with a sociopath. I assumed they had gone on medication.

Later I realised that this was the person that most people knew - really great and friendly.

I only knew the nasty version - so to see the other person was very strange

It's best to know these kind of people exist and to understand what certain kind of red flags mean:
Love-bombing
Gaslighting
Hoovering
Narcissistic Fuel
Devaluation

When you realize something isn't right, believe your gut and take action to get away

Here is an excellent article on "Identifying Losers". I have given this to many young women in bad relationships.

Untitled Document

Here's what I have as far as NK's searches for the names "Chris Watts" or "Shanann Watts." (IOW, not a complete list of NK's internet/google searches.)

Unless otherwise noted, the information comes from the Phone Data Review beginning on pg 1887 (Discovery pg 2082)

8/3/2017 – searched items “chris watts” Pg 1601 (Discovery pg 1783)

9/1/2017 - searched the internet for the name "Shanann Watts"

1/7/2018 – searched items “shanann watts” Pg 1601 (Discovery pg 1783)

8/4/2018 - Google search for Chris and Shanann's Facebook accounts

8/11/2018 - having concluded her evening tryst with Watts, Kessinger searched the internet on topics like "Chris Watts" - "Shanann Watts" - "Ronnie Watts" and "2825 Saratoga Trail"

8/14/2018 - searched Google for Shanann Watts

8/14/2018 - spent nearly four hours searching Google and the internet for Watts, news outlets and news accounts of Shanann's disappearance

8/14/2018 - searched the internet for news accounts of this incident and Shanann's name (these searches were conducted frequently by Kessinger throughout the next several days. She deleted every one afterwards)

Thanks again Pommy. I keep forgetting about that Jan 2018 search. So curious. I will soon be working on another list of what SW had on her Social Media just prior to that date. :)

The early Aug 3 2017 search for CW is interesting too. I previously posted everything for August 2017 but now I feel compelled to look at June/July 2017 up to Aug 3rd to see what was going on. I sort of wonder if when NK says they "met in June" she actually means June of 2017. o_O

I think part of it is living together as a couple is much different than dating. I think living with her and her making more demands reminded him of being hen-pecked by his mom. When you date, especially when you have an affair, everything is sunshine and daisies. Children, bills, marriage are reality and reality isn't as fun.

Edit: also, NK was bossy about his dreams and goals. He mentioned SW not supporting his fitness stuff :rolleyes:. Of course she isn't going to act like NK. She has kids and things to do. She's doesn't have the free time to spend hours on Google and she has lupus. Of course she won't go running with you, imbecile.

He lied about SW not supporting his fitness stuff. She posted pics/videos of him working out and I thought I read somewhere that they got him workout equipment for the the basement. She might not have wanted to workout with him but she supported his efforts.

When the video shows him going down the driveway in the dark to get his truck to back in he is in his stocking feet, he does not have his work boots on but you do see them when he is leaving with them already in the truck.
Makes sense, the boots were the last things he put on.
Sorry for being dense, but why would he walk outside in only socks, and put on his boots only right before he left? (Maybe so he could climb up and down the stairs quietly and immediately bag/remove each dead family member before they'd release smells that would trigger cadaver dogs? Or?)

. So painfully obvious. In that video he looks like a guilty high school kid who knows he got caught doing something very bad.

rsbm ms betsy
I had to laugh at this point.
funny quick story to give you all a laugh x

one day my hubby and I went out for the entire day but unexpectantly came home early to find son (mr 16) and his mate had totally cleaned our house and were standing around rocking back and forth just like chris…….totally knew something was up ….
hmmmm ...found two girls hiding in a closet!!!!!!!:D:D:eek::D:D

Sorry for being dense, but why would he walk outside in only socks, and put on his boots only right before he left? (Maybe so he could climb up and down the stairs quietly and immediately bag/remove each dead family member before they'd release smells that would trigger cadaver dogs? Or?)
I would say because he kept his work boots in the garage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahlm8627