OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#37

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm with you. All I've learned about pot growing I've learned here and I haven't smoked the stuff in about 35 or 40 years. But, to be honest about it, I had start skimming by in some of the old threads. This subject of pot was hashed over and sorted through until... well, just a long time.

I think it's because we can't see it. All we can do is visualize the "sophisticated" grow op. What is considered a sophisticated grow op to Dewine, might be considered old school, to another person. Based on the way he said it at the news conference, it will likely come up, at the trial.

Yes, I'm wondering if that's one of the reasons to save the trailers - to show jurors there were a couple of MJ grows inside. I dunno, that doesn't make a whole lot of sense if they already had photo evidence. Photos work pretty well as evidence in murder trials :rolleyes:. IDK, some day they will explain why they spent so much taxpayer dollars to keep those trailers and I hope it makes sense.

These days they could make a 3D scan of the inside of those homes and it would look just like the real thing. Maybe it will come out as to why it was necessary to keep them in storage.

Because that's how they are raised. We have breeders of those birds all over the place throughout these hills. If you don't separate the males and/or tether them, they will naturally fight each other. They just can't slash each other to shreds b/c they don't have spurs on their feet (knives).

I'm not sure I know what you mean by, "...that's how they're raised." Frankie could raise them... but that doesn't mean he, himself, fought them. That's all I really was saying... raising them was all out in the open and no reliable source is available to prove he fought them. Even chickens will fight fiercely and kill each other's chicks and nobody raises them to fight.

Last edited:
I think it's because we can't see it. All we can do is visualize the "sophisticated" grow op. What is considered a sophisticated grow op to Dewine, might be considered old school, to another person. Based on the way he said it at the news conference, it will likely come up, at the trial.
I am very curious to see how sophisticated these grow ops were. KR, to my knowledge, didn’t even have running water or power, so it will be interesting to see the creativity used for such sophistication, especially over on LFR.

These days they could make a 3D scan of the inside of those homes and it would look just like the real thing. Maybe it will come out as to why it was necessary to keep them in storage.
I believe BCI did use the Crime 360 equipment. One can see the BCI agents in aerial photos with the equipment set up.

IMO, the homes were taken to keep people away. Trespassers, looters, suspects returning to the crime scene to light them in fire...the possibilities of what could have happened to those homes in the rural backcountry of Pike County is endless.

I'm not sure I know what you mean by, "...that's how they're raised." Frankie could raise them... but that doesn't mean he, himself, fought them. That's all I really was saying... raising them was all out in the open and no reliable source is available to prove he fought them.

They were out in shelters where people stopping by could see them so... if he was raising them and fighting them, why would he keep them out where people could see them?

That's what I was mostly responding to. They were most likely males. They are housed that way because they are aggressive. It's not against the law to own them. They have to catch you fighting them. As of a couple weeks ago, still on FR's FB, there's links to a video of a *advertiser censored* fight, and an overseas shipper of nutrients and such, to bulk up your roosters.

And to that I disagree. I respect people who follow the law of the land. I respect people who invest in legal businesses. They bring needed jobs and money into communities. I myself have invested in a corporation that has a legal grow operation. There are reasons for the various hoops one must jump to satisfy regulations, most serious, the one of safety. Sure, go ahead if you want and puff puff puff on cannabis that has mold spores. It's great for your lungs! About as healthy as the big mac and fries that so many chow down on with their large soda as they are injecting themselves with insulin. And with that, good night folks.
Are you saying you don’t respect the Rhodens because 2 of the adult male victims had grow operations on their property? I’m genuinely confused by your statement.

Are you saying you don’t respect the Rhodens because 2 of the adult male victims had grow operations on their property? I’m genuinely confused by your statement.
I suppose any home grown greenery could have mold spores. I am not sure that the mold spores would be any worse for you than the chemicals sprayed to prevent plant disease and insects would be.

That's what I was mostly responding to. They were most likely males. They are housed that way because they are aggressive. It's not against the law to own them. They have to catch you fighting them. As of a couple weeks ago, still on FR's FB, there's links to a video of a *advertiser censored* fight, and an overseas shipper of nutrients and such, to bulk up your roosters.

I've seen Amish people with Game *advertiser censored* for sale and/or trade at animal swap meets. Right along side other fancy chickens, pheasants, peacocks, pigeons, quail, and what ever else they sell for extra income. I used to go to the swap meet at Lucasville, Ohio, just north of Portsmouth. A friend of mine still had spaces paid for there last year yet...

No, your theory of growing seedlings in Chris Sr's trailer is probably correct. Just the method might be wrong. Yes, I believe "meager size was found."
I think the "3 grow sites" were:
1) Chris Sr's trailer, in a bedroom or two down the hall.
2) Frankie's trailer.. same location... down the hall in a bedroom or two. I say this because his little boy was sleeping on the couch in the living room. Now, he might have been timid about sleeping way down the hall in a bedroom all by himself... but, it might be a bedroom was all taken up with pot seedlings, too. There's no way to know for sure.
3) Kenneth and his great big tray of seedlings or baby plants.

There was never any evidence that LE was out in the woods pulling down and burning or loading up baby pot plants for removal. Local MSM would not have missed that story, imo. So, you can only jam so many pot plants into a couple of trailers and a shed. If Chris Sr was using that huge building, that would be a different story... but, again, how did MSM miss that kind of action going on if LE had to clear all the plants out of a huge building? I just don't think there were that many plants. I don't know why Governor DeWine said, "major grow" but I don't believe that unless MSM was forbidden to cover the story. I can't imagine why they wouldn't have been allowed to cover the story since it had already been written that "a major grow" had been discovered. JMO.

If I recall correctly no one was allowed anywhere close to the trailers. Then the roads were blocked off so no one could even see the crime scenes. Nothing they found was observed in evidence bags or out. Except when the cars and trailers were hauled off.

And to that I disagree. I respect people who follow the law of the land. I respect people who invest in legal businesses. They bring needed jobs and money into communities. I myself have invested in a corporation that has a legal grow operation. There are reasons for the various hoops one must jump to satisfy regulations, most serious, the one of safety. Sure, go ahead if you want and puff puff puff on cannabis that has mold spores. It's great for your lungs! About as healthy as the big mac and fries that so many chow down on with their large soda as they are injecting themselves with insulin. And with that, good night folks.

I don't necessarily like legal or respect people and companies who have regulations they must meet in order to promote safety and bring money into communities. Some of those legal businesses wouldn't know what regulations were if they tripped over them. The irony and hypocrisy of what is legal and what isn't legal, is rich.

Below is a legal business that brings millions... billions of dollars into communities...

Of the more than 7,000 chemicals in tobacco smoke, at least 250 are known to be harmful, including hydrogen cyanide, carbon monoxide, and ammonia.
Harms of Cigarette Smoking and Health Benefits of Quitting

Last edited:
I've seen Amish people with Game *advertiser censored* for sale and/or trade at animal swap meets. Right along side other fancy chickens, pheasants, peacocks, pigeons, quail, and what ever else they sell for extra income. I used to go to the swap meet at Lucasville, Ohio, just north of Portsmouth. A friend of mine still had spaces paid for there last year yet...

I'd not have those links in my FB, if I were raising them to show, or for pets, or to eat (my grandparents ate them), or even if I did raise them to fight. It's okay if we disagree. It's still pretty prevalent though. I can't say that FR even fought them. He may have raised them only to sell. It's the links in FR's FB that kinda lead me that they were meant to fight, not the fact that he owned them.

Governor DeWine said the main motivation for the murders was a custody issue and that might be the closest thing to an apology as he's ever willing to make. But, I agree with you. Apologies would be nice because they did pursue the pot angle, it seems, when Mr. Manley handed them the correct answer on day one. I think maybe Sheriff Reader has said some things to the Rhodens though. He went to speak to them personally on the day of the arrests. He must have said something along those lines (?) I hope so anyway. And he was the one who asked for tips and told people nothing would happen to them about any drugs involved. It was a murder investigation, he said... not a drug investigation.
Sure, growing pot is against the law but you can't arrest people who have been murdered. (I'd rather see the tobacco company growers all go to jail than a pot grower but that's just how I feel.,, it kills people every day of every week, all year long, every year and it's heavily taxed so it gets a "pass." Okay, that's the law... the "right people" are growing it.)
It was a fair and logical guess that the pot might somehow be involved, too. I'm glad LE didn't get permanently locked into that theory though.
And, Governor DeWine or not... in comparison to the cartels and some other large or mid-range, whatever, growers, I still consider the amount of pot grown on the Rhoden's properties, small apples. (It has nothing to do with trying to make them into saints or being "very close to the cross.") "Commercial grow" sounds so serious and official but it simply means selling the pot you grow. There are so many things that people can do that are so much worse than that, imo.
M
I think they took the Mexican Cartel theory seriously for most of 10 minutes. As soon as Babies and dogs survived.

I was talking about how it went from 200 plants to just personal use, just seedlings etc, recently in thread.

But, I never heard 200 plants officially. I don't know where "200 plants" came from, do you? The seedlings was explained to me and made sense. But, I have no idea how anyone "guessed" 200 plants and then it being reduced down to just personal use. I have not stated either of those things. Seedlings or baby plants.. yes, I've said that.

Yes, I remember that being discussed, too. But it still doesn't tell me that he fought them. I thought someone said none of the stuff required for fighting them was found anywhere on the properties. Or, was that a rumor, too? I mean that seriously and not sarcastically. Rumors abound and I don't want to get caught up in them. What truths we know are confusing enough.

I think they said that none of the roosters had shown signs of being fought. Most rarely come back home when they come from a fight. Winner or loser. At least that's the understanding I have of it. There's folks around here that just sells the birds, and makes money. They are fighting stock. Sometimes folks go to the fights to off load drugs, gamble, mix and make deals. Like any other thing that's illegal, other illegal activities cling to its' shirttail. Just a short time back, our current gov. did a stump speech at a *advertiser censored* fight! So, ya'll might see it one way, but the Rs may not yet see it your way. I dunno why folks want to scrub away this family's history. It's sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semh