Found Deceased OH - Cheryl Coker, 46, Riverside, 2 Oct 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a weird thing to report. Costco's one of the most liberal companies on the planet. He wouldn't get a pay reduction because of a reported "affair". He might get demoted if he were tardy 150 times over the past 2 years, but seriously, that's what it would take.

Ugh, sounds like an awful place to work. Thanks for the info.

What a weird thing to report. Costco's one of the most liberal companies on the planet. He wouldn't get a pay reduction because of a reported "affair". He might get demoted if he were tardy 150 times over the past 2 years, but seriously, that's what it would take.
I was also puzzled to read that. I know several people who work at Costco, and the company certainly does not concern itself with their personal lives or the health of their marriages! The only way this makes any sense to me is if the company had proof that they were carrying on at work?
My friends at Costco report what you said: a sort of old style company where you work hard, get a good wage, and health care benefits. They love it and are very loyal.
Was the affair perhaps with a subordinate or supervisor? That’s the only way I can imagine Costco penalizing him for it.

I was also puzzled to read that. I know several people who work at Costco, and the company certainly does not concern itself with their personal lives or the health of their marriages! The only way this makes any sense to me is if the company had proof that they were carrying on at work?
My friends at Costco report what you said: a sort of old style company where you work hard, get a good wage, and health care benefits. They love it and are very loyal.
Was the affair perhaps with a subordinate or supervisor? That’s the only way I can imagine Costco penalizing him for it.

I agree...that's the only thing that makes sense to me as well...if the affair happened on company time. And even if that happened, they'd get written up and perhaps moved to a different department, or one would get transferred to a different store...but demoted to a lower wage? I've never heard of that even being a possibility at Costco.

where did the Costco-affair rumor start? It was a quote from a friend of Cheryl's in an article, correct? Perhaps we are giving it too much credence.

When I read it, I rolled my eyes. No employer is going to cut your pay for having an affair. Unless perhaps it was on company time on company property with another company employee. In which case, I'd just fire the perpetrator.

I'd want to know a lot more about this report before I spent much time chasing that rabbit.

The police released her text messages from a group text to her co-workers. She copied a text from her husband and sent it to the group, "I think he got served today cuz I just got this text from him, 'thanks for putting the nail in my coffin i'm going to be making 1750 if they put me in a clerk position 1650 if there's nothing available thanks'." Another person then replied, "Wish I made 17.50 lol", to which Cheryl then replied, "Lmao! So I will be in tomorrow if I'm not dead. Bahahaha".

The police released her text messages from a group text to her co-workers. She copied a text from her husband and sent it to the group, "I think he got served today cuz I just got this text from him, 'thanks for putting the nail in my coffin i'm going to be making 1750 if they put me in a clerk position 1650 if there's nothing available thanks'." Another person then replied, "Wish I made 17.50 lol", to which Cheryl then replied, "Lmao! So I will be in tomorrow if I'm not dead. Bahahaha".
Where is the link for this? Is there more to see that was released?

Video at link.

Friends search Woodman Fen for Cherly Coker

Family and friends of missing Riverside woman Cheryl Coker spent the afternoon combing the dense marsh of Woodman Fen in Dayton.

[...]

A group of about 10 people, mostly Coker family friends, made up the search party.

"It's a bit rough (the terrain). I don't really picture anyone doing much back here," said Charity Leitier as she combed the brush.

Leitier is conducting her fourth search for Coker.

Woodman Fen is a brief walk away from Belmont Park and is about seven minutes away from the Coker household.

"We know she is somewhere and we need to see if we can find her," said Leiter.

[...]

I was looking for updates today and found two Facebook groups. I joined both. I scrolled through this whole thread and don't see them previously mentioned. Both have lots of interesting comments that I cannot share per TOS. To find them just do a FB search for Cheryl Coker....then look under groups.

Every day I hope for news that Cheryl is found....she deserves to be found and justice served. Continued prayers for her daughters for peace and strength.

Just some random thoughts while we wait for news.

I'm sure he knew she was filing for divorce; maybe not the exact day he'd be served, but he knew she was devastated and things were going to be different forever.

I get a sense that the 4K "reported stolen" was actually paid to someone in person by the husband for the removal of his problem. And I suspect it was a bit more than that. I wonder if it was supposed to have be handled while he and his daughter were in FL.

I'd love to know how much credit he racked up on the FL trip and how much money he claims to have "borrowed" from their piggy bank, and what amount specifically he replaced...to see if that story even makes sense.

And why even replace funds to a joint piggy bank, when your wife just served you divorce papers? Wouldn't most men who considered that act a nail in his coffin just say screw it, no need to replenish the stash?

And I've re-read as many MSM articles as I can find, but can't find any reports on whether LE was successful in formally interviewing this man at all? And if not, he must be lawyered up at this time? No mention of lie-detector test request or anything. I find that really odd based on the length of time Cheryl's been gone.

And is the husband allowed to be sleuthed?

Cheryl Coker, 46, was last seen at approximately 7:30 a.m. on Tuesday, October 2, 2018 dropping her youngest daughter off at school in Riverside, Ohio. Riverside Police believe she then went home, but no one was able to contact her that day. Family grew concerned and reported her missing around midnight. The next day at approximately 8:00 p.m, family found Cheryl’s locked SUV in a grocery store parking lot about a half mile from her house. Cheryl’s driver’s license, purse, credit cards and cellphone were inside the car. According to surveillance footage obtained by the Riverside Police, Cheryl's car pulled into the shopping center at 10:52 a.m. on October 2, the day she went missing. No one has seen or heard from her since.

Five years of Dateline’s Missing in America: 109 still missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member