AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
The unexpected 911 call necessitated the quick action. The gunshots also to a lesser degree. But I'd guess the perp did not plan on only a couple of minutes in the house. Whatever plan there was was, most certainly changed once the 911 call was discovered. And hopefully he made a mistake and left some form of evidence in his haste.
Gosh I never thought of that but I think you are right! The killer obviously Had to hurry.

I just can't let go of the girls who were repeatedly driving by the home immediately following the crime. I know they have been questioned but I just can buy that they had heard about this predawn on a Monday morning.
Thats a good question... for example why were they driving by repeatedly that night, and why were they so quickly dismissed by the police... also i'd like to know if their information was taken and they were later questioned about anything they might have known?

I don't know what you mean by "no". I stated that I did not for one moment think that this scenario happened but people are still debating the possible suicide comment on the dispatch log. I for one think that it was simply an assumption that there was a suicide when the feet were seen in the doorway until it was discovered that multiple rounds were spent and no weapon was found near the victim. That said, the only other "suicide" scenario would have had to have been the other way around, ie., James shot first and then suicide, but that was cleared up as well when no weapon was found with Denise as well. Just an observation, nothing more.

Oh, I'm sorry for misunderstanding what you said. I thought you were proposing it could have happened that way. I agree with you. I don't understand why some are still talking about the suicide thing. Please accept my apology. :oops:

Not for nothing, but anyone can type any email address into forms like that... or easily create a dummy account to do so. It's a disturbing comment, but it's only hearsay, and nothing tangible to go off of.

I absolutely agree with you. If this were written by someone who “thinks” they know something, I don’t take that to necessarily mean they are implying a family member either. Just such a strange and odd thing to put on an obituary. If you have a genuine concern, go to someone with legal authority and tell them, and don’t post it on a site for condolences and fond memories. That just is not helpful and very hurtful.

What law, where, requires guns to be in a case locked? Just wondering!!
I agree in that scenario, he had no chance.

While there isn't a legal Wisconsin requirement to keep a gun locked, it certainly seems prudent to do so. James had his guns in a case.

Wisconsin provides that anyone who recklessly stores or leaves a loaded firearm within the reach or easy access of a child under age 14 is criminally liable for a misdemeanor if:

• The child obtains the firearm without the lawful permission of his or her parent or guardian or the person having charge of the child; and
  • The child either discharges the firearm causing bodily harm to anyone, or possesses the firearm in a public place or in violation of Wisconsin Statutes § 941.20 (regarding the illegal use and discharge of firearms).1

The girl in the above story-- JB-- was taken by a man she knew when he offered her a ride home. She thought she could trust him to drive her home and got into the car. He turned out to be a violent drug addict who instead of taking her home took her to a house, tied her up in a closet, and took turns sexually assaulting her with two other men. They also forced her to snort drugs to keep her compliant. JB bravely escaped as soon as she got the opportunity. JB and her mom spoke to the press immediately after she was found so many locals knew her identity from that press appearance (plus she had been a missing teen for 29 days). The awful thing is many on social media blamed JB and said she probably ran away from home (she didn't). Then after she was found the nasty comments turned into "she must have liked being with these adult men and doing drugs"-- that is what she is talking about when she says people are calling her names and blaming her for what happened to her.

I see it happening sometimes in Jayme's case where people want to say maybe she willingly ran off with someone. That suggestion alone isn't victim blaming but IMO it's a whole slippery slope down to allowing the insinuation that Jayme isn't a victim at all. Her parents were brutally murdered. What if Jayme is being held against her will like JB was? If she is found alive she will have to read what people were saying about her and she will get called names by social media trolls no matter what the situation turns out to be. Cases like JB are what keep me defensive for victims like Jayme. I have no doubt in my mind that she was taken against her will. I only hope that somehow she is still alive and will escape the moment she gets a chance just like JB did. MOO.
Perfectly said. How horrific for JB. Healing from tragic events is, especially when young, very difficult. To have it compounded by baseless and hurtful words only makes the healing more difficult. Words carry power and need to be spoken as such. I appreciate your post and am grateful for WS TOS that try keep this in check. JMO but it sometimes seems that when there is no other avenue left to look into, focus turns to victim, family, even LE and their investigation manner. This may be human nature as I am sure many have had fleeting thoughts that go in one or more of these directions in any case. But as @Gardener1850 so kindly pointed out, the decision to share those thoughts can cause horrible damage to an already suffering victim or family member. Thank you for reminding all of us to choose words carefully.

When I first read this I thought they were speaking directly to the murderer/s but after reading comments I read it again and it is very wierd.

Wow. That is unnerving. Why wasn't the post taken down by the Funeral Home? But this could easily be a troll. Is there a MG living near Barron that knows the Closs family?
Good question. Why wasn't it removed? The family would have to request removal. Maybe they haven't seen it? Or it's being left for a reason? Very odd and disgusting.

Good question. Why wasn't it removed? The family would have to request removal. Maybe they haven't seen it? Or it's being left for a reason? Very odd and disgusting.
I reported someone to the tip line who had responded to a bunch of youtube videos related to the case and posted replies in an eerily same fashion. calling the family monsters and saying they know what happened. I did not report to youtube and the account has since been removed so I am not sure if other people were also reporting it or if LE looked into it after my report.

Thats a good question... for example why were they driving by repeatedly that night, and why were they so quickly dismissed by the police... also i'd like to know if their information was taken and they were later questioned about anything they might have known?
I can't let go of that either. At one point I read they were related to the Closses -but who just happens to be driving by at that time of night? Something feels off with this

I reported someone to the tip line who had responded to a bunch of youtube videos related to the case and posted replies in an eerily same fashion. calling the family monsters and saying they know what happened. I did not report to youtube and the account has since been removed so I am not sure if other people were also reporting it or if LE looked into it after my report.
So many crazy and horrible people out there but glad you reported it because you just never know. Maybe LE did check it and the poster out and that's why it's down.

Sheriff says the killer brought his own gun to the house and took it with when they left. So this discussion about suicide is all moot now. MOO.

The Sheriff said that? All I've seen reported is that the Sheriff said all of James' guns were accounted for. But even that is questionable, since no one other than James/Denise would know for certain whether there was a handgun others didn't know about in the house.

When I first read this I thought they were speaking directly to the murderer/s but after reading comments I read it again and it is very wierd.
Maybe they are speaking to the murderer, so to speak. I read it and re-read it again several times. I could be wrong, but it seems like they are angry about Denise and James' deaths and either know that one of them is responsible for this, or they believe that one of the family knows why this happened and who did it. It seems like a bit of a random comment to post, and most funeral homes approve of your message before it is posted so that trolls can't post mean or cruel comments on those pages. I wonder why this one is allowed to stay up, especially after all this time??

Maybe they are speaking to the murderer, so to speak. I read it and re-read it again several times. I could be wrong, but it seems like they are angry about Denise and James' deaths and either know that one of them is responsible for this, or they believe that one of the family knows why this happened and who did it. It seems like a bit of a random comment to post, and most funeral homes approve of your message before it is posted so that trolls can't post mean or cruel comments on those pages. I wonder why this one is allowed to stay up, especially after all this time??

The obituary poster - Could be one of these psychic's that pop up from time to time that saw it in a dream after reading FB. ??

Last edited:
The Sheriff said that? All I've seen reported is that the Sheriff said all of James' guns were accounted for. But even that is questionable, since no one other than James/Denise would know for certain whether there was a handgun others didn't know about in the house.

"Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald is consumed with her disappearance and her parents' murders, too. Wednesday, he said there is still no obvious motive. Fitzgerald confirmed Jim owned three guns and they were located in the home, but were not used in the crime, which means someone else murdered the couple and likely took off with Jayme."
Relatives Plead for Vigilance as They Share Profound Loss of Closs Family

See also abt 2:30 in this video the reporter says that the sheriff clarified all James' guns were accounted for, the Closses were killed with somebody else's gun, and that gun was gone when LE arrived:

I wonder if this person could be a member of the family. Maybe extended family or one not in good favor with family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member