GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #63

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he promised SW he’d work on their marriage in order to pacify and shut her up, but the clock was running out. Shanann would be coming home for a long spell that night. There would be no more free and unaccounted for hours for sex and games with NK, and NK would very quickly discover that his divorce wasn’t as finalized as he told her it was. The game was over, it was all coming to a head, and he chose NK, and annilihated his family to get her. I don’t think he anticipated NK would betray him by going to the police, or that she wasn’t as infatuated with him as he was with her. Remember, the night before NK texted to her friend, Charlotte Nelson, “Don’t tell nobody. I haven’t made up my mind on him yet. Like he seems too good to be true.” (Discovery page 715) Once he realized NK had turned on him, he realized it was all over, they were never going to be together, he might as well confess and plead guilty because there was too much damning evidence against him, why fight it? He cared so much about his image, if people hated him already, imagine how much they would have hated him when everything he did came out at the trial. He didn’t want that. I won’t be surprised, however, if he does an interview later down the road, saying Shanann killed the girls, he only plead guilty to protect her because he’s really a good guy.

Why didn’t he just move in with her and give full custody to SW? NK would have been fine with it

I know our ears are not accustomed to his accent, but CW’s dad has such a cartoonish mumble. His voice reminds me of Boomhower the neighbor from King of the Hill.
Hahahahahah that is totally totally it! I remember one episode where Boomhauer and Bob Dylan are having a conversation. It's complete nonsense but if you turned on CC it was a normal conversation lolol. Too bad that's not how it works on YouTube!!

I can't listen to it, I can't decipher what's being said. Oh for a transcript lol
I heard Him call Shannan a very controlling woman. The rest was uninteligable,but that just right at the start. Is all I need to hear.
They need to just shut up. Everytime they open their nasty traps is to disparage Shannan. While they praise and glorify their little Messiah Boy.
It's just sickening.

I've been self employed my entire adult life, there is no tax bracket which deems that a self employed person must pay any certain amount of tax, re your 30%. One of the main problems of being self employed, before ocare is that most self employed ppl had no groups to share health care costs with, so they paid higher prices as independents. And self employed ppl have to pay the % of FICA that employed ppl get paid by their employer. SW could probably write off a lot of her products for business use. Probably could write off the expenses if she had a home office, and probably phone expenses. There is no way I can see to estimate how much of SW's income was net or gross income, we just haven't seen her tax returns, nor should we.

I never said I wanted to see her tax returns? I own 2 business’s. I have never paid less than 30 percent tax. But I agree others may have a different amount. Just using mine as an example. And yes I deduct lots of expenses.

Anyway I was just showing that she may have grossed 70,000.00 but that is not nearly the same as netting 70,000.00.

Re: Staying in a bad relationship.

I can only speak to my personal experience. Why did/do I stay?

Nowhere else to go
At least he's not as bad as the last one
Things were so good in the beginning, I just want that person back
Cycles of good times (that get shorter each time) intertwined with the bad
If I don't help him, who will?
I can save him from himself.
It's my fault anyway/I shouldn't have said that (or done that).
I have problems, too
Who would want me?
He said if I left he'd kill himself, then I'd be guilty the rest of my life

MOO

Cause we love em and we are taught love will conquer all and love is the most important thing and if I love him enough he will change and I am a loyal person who doesn't run, and I am used to it from other men in my life etc etc etc etc etc
Yes, it seems they were possibly onky st the beginning off the unraveling of the marriage. She didn’t even have confirmation of his cheating.

If the girls were alive when Shanann came home, and she checked in on them (and Chris remained in the basement — who knows), I can’t believe the girls wouldn’t wake up. I go back and forth, but what MassGuy says does make sense to me. He was not panicked and all over the phone with SW about the late flight. Who knows.

Last edited:
I never said I wanted to see her tax returns? I own 2 business’s. I have never paid less than 30 percent tax. But I agree others may have a different amount. Just using mine as an example. And yes I deduct lots of expenses.

Anyway I was just showing that she may have grossed 70,000.00 but that is not nearly the same as netting 70,000.00.

I was pushing back on the concept that most self employed ppl pay 30% income tax. There is no bracket for "self employed".
And I agree that gross income is not the same as net income.
Self employment can be a bonanza or a pain in the neck. I can see a lot of benefits for being self employed in the business she was in, all those trips were most likely write offs.

So here is another I come in late on.
I had just gotten off of SM in the summer and gave news a break as well as too much was going on and plus I felt myself and others were simply displaying living lies by omission in most of our posts.

So needless to say, this case isnt one I was familiar with. Nothing much to add..
I started at 1-2 skimmed 3 and jumped to like 60something realizing recent activity was happening.

Rest In Peace to the four victims and may God watch over the loved ones left to deal.

I was HEARTBROKEN reading the texts b/w NK & CW. I'm thankful SR never has to see them although DISGUSTED at why she will never.

Nicole was the name of the "hero" and the "villian" here. Just another crazy detail that we would dismiss as bad writing.

Some theories and posts I liked along the way.. IIRC because I know I lost some mental notes along the way.

I was screaming when it came out he confessed and the poster JUST said he would, ..and quickly.

Another poster also pointed out that whatever statement his mom made at the sentencing basically said she still believed his version... and the the article confirming as much came out!
I'm yelling BINGO. It spoke to their dynamics loudly esp. with another sleuther making note of the dad telling him to do as they ask.. it all made so much sense in nonsensical horror.

I also agree they may have been entertaining each other longer than they say. That would also explain the infamous reaction in the announcement vid.
(HOW do you find a vid of a socially awkward murderer who just gave the most awkward interview on his missing FAMILY(A word he NEVER used in said interview) giving an AWKWARD *advertiser censored** presentation on TROUBLED RELATIONSHIPS actually SAYING PROCREATION IS A CURE FOR A BAD MARRIAGE!? YALL ARE GOOD!

29:15

"my other two grandkids come over, right Bella and Cece, that's Shanann's kids, are 4 and 3, my other two grandkids are 10 and 7, [..?] that's the tattoo right there..."

The Watts should not have been admitted as victims by the court IMO, I think they used the system. True colors are on show in this interview.

MOO
Very telling, they did not love those girls. :( Bella and CeCe could probably tell too, and Shanann, wicked watts family. :/

On page 603/1960, I found this note that I found very interesting.
"RZUCEK said he and SANDRA lived with them for 15 or 16 months, a couple of years ago. He said
he was in Colorado for Christmas 2016 and possibly 2015, but was back in North Carolina for
Christmas 2017."

Although I can not find it now, I read somewhere that the Rzuceks liquated everything except their house when they moved out to Colorado for this 15-16 months. Do you wonder why they were there for so long? Did Shanann need the help of her parents? Did Chris resent this?

Why would he have to pay all the child support of Shanann was making as much as him?

Because the father usually pays the support, for one, and the theory behind child support is that the children should enjoy a similar lifestyle to the one they enjoyed when the parents were married. There is a loss of household income for both parents, of course, but that lifestyle element is how it was explained to me when I started paying support for my two children from my first marriage years ago.

Last edited:
If Shanann’s flight got in earlier/on time, I do wonder, would he have really driven the bodies out to the oil field at, say, 2 or 3am. Wouldn’t that look even odder (on the neighbor's cam and etc.) for him to leave the house at that hour?
Shanann was due to arrive home at 11pm. CW driving off with the bodies in the truck at 11.30pm might not be too out of the ordinary, idk. He'd arrive back home around 2 am, probably park the truck up the street, creep into the house round the back where there's no camera surveillance. The only problem is if LE suspect him straight up, they'd check the gps on his truck and evidence of movement in the house during the night.
It's just a crazy plan anyway we look at it, it'd work for Shanann to disappear but not the girls. The amazing part is CW so clueless, he really believed he'd never be suspected or that anyone cared!!! It's like he thinks everyone is on the same page as him, he doesn't care about his family, no one else will either!!! Bizarre!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77