Missouri - The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no reason to play cards to the vest , except for the advisement from the Conference. The only other conference was David Asher's concerning the possibility of a serial killer operating in the Ozarks at the time. Multiple deaths from KC, Tulsa, Omaha, Memphis, Little Rock in the time-frame and area. You can source out of the Spfld. News-Leader. One was a girl at Seven Gables Resrtaurant pn Chestnut Expwy. Spfld. from Memphis.

Sorry if this doesn't meet the requirements; it takes a bit to compile documents.

Sorry if this doesn't meet the requirements; it takes a bit to compile documents.

Another point I'd like to make, I read a lot of people giving character references on the suspects of this case saying such and such would never hurt a fly, nicest person you'd ever meet, etc...

I don't rule out any nice gentle person. Did you see Dahmer on Dahmer: A serial killer speaks? I did and it scared the living sh## out of me. This guy was so kind and non threatening that the police officer who was with him after his arrest got neck massages from him. Said he never felt scared or threatened by him. A man who admitted to murdering multiple innocent strangers and his own mother.

Dahmer On Dahmer: A Serial Killer Speaks

So that's an example of a nice, gentle, kind, non threatening admitted serial killer.
This is not intended to be directed at ANYONE. But just to build on what you've said here, they say that Ted Bundy was a very personable guy. Had a lot of charisma and charm, right up to the point that he committed murder! So the point is, sometimes you just don't know what people are capable of, regardless of what kind of personality they exude. Some of the worst predatory type individuals are very personable and charming, and use this to their advantage to prey on individuals.

What would indicate a sexual assault? I wonder what made LE 'initially' label it as a sexual assault?
Torn underwear lying about? A used condom somewhere in the house (or front lawn)?
IMO.....LE was speculating.....of course what made them change their mind later on?
I have never read that police ever said that it started out as a Sexual Assault, or had anything to do with a sexual assault. And I've read just about everything that has been published about this case. Did I somehow miss this statement? Can you cite a source. Publication and Date? Or provide a link to where it was published. I'd like to read where that was stated publicly. :)

Oh Scooby :(
Dale417, sorry I just don't remember reading this in the news article's of the day, as a matter of statement or speculation. I do remember people discussing it on these boards, but I'm getting older and sometimes I don't remember some of the finer details of this case. Mainly because it has gotten so convoluted, that sometimes I don't remember where I've seen somethings discussed, be it on forums, or in a public news account. Again, sorry. :)

Let me elaborate a little further on the thrill aspect. What i meant by that, was that they were getting high on speed. Crack Meth whatever it was back then maybe even just cocaine whichever. Being under the influence and watching the girls come home that night setting there in there vehicle getting high and watching for whom knows how long. They decided under the influence to take the girls for an added rush/thrill. So at some point they pulled next to the house, on the side of house the right side since the door opened left to right facing out towards the street. One or both got out and walked on the porch and broke the globe. the glass busting alerted those inside . Not suspecting anything one or more look out the window then open the door to see what it was, they probably knew it was the globe falling off, so one went to clean it up. when the door opened someone forced them back inside with a gun in hand. The closet was a mess perhaps because someone back in that room heard the commotion and knew something bad was happening. So perhaps this person tried to hide at some point in the closet as well as they could. This was no robbery, no one was there to steal a TV or whatever else. No credit cards used at any ATM machine. No purchase on a stolen card etc. There main motive was the girls. They were in and out quickly.

ADD ON ... Could you tell me if back in the day during there investigation. Did they investigate, visit question any members of a local motorcycle club?? Three girls being taken at once is rare. But for a motorcycle club three would be much better than one. A club like the outlaws, Angels etc. What clubs were popular back then in that area? Sons of Silence perhaps. Something like that.

Yes, there was an investigation of a local 1% Club during that time, due to their July 4th Rally occurring in the area. Capt. Tony Glenn reported in the Springfield News-Leader in late July / early Fall of 1992 that they were unable to verify any involvement with the Club. I have the intra-agencies documents.

Last edited:
I have never read that police ever said that it started out as a Sexual Assault, or had anything to do with a sexual assault. And I've read just about everything that has been published about this case. Did I somehow miss this statement? Can you cite a source. Publication and Date? Or provide a link to where it was published. I'd like to read where that was stated publicly. :)
"Police speculate sexual assault may have been the motive, with Levitt the intended victim."
Jefferson City News-Tribune (MO)
June 9, 2002

June 9th was so early in the investigation.

I do think Levitt and Streeter were a combined victim. I think the goal/motive was to silence them. And when Stacy showed up, things took a turn and the perp(s) felt murder was the only way to go from there.

My opinion only here.

I think Steve Garrison has some connection to this case. He either knew one of the perps or had information only the cops knew about. Either way, Dusty/Mike, you may have indirectly led him and his buddies/associates into the lives of Suzie and Sherrill. Cops said he was at the center of this entire thing.

Garrison was out of jail for three weeks at the time of the disappearance. Explain how he got on Levitt and Suzie's radar without assistance, indirectly, of Dusty?

I think logic is the only way we can eliminate a lot of potential scenarios in this case - and as speculated, I think the police have a pretty good idea about what went down and the motivations for the abduction. Prosecuting, locating bodies, that's what is probably holding this case at a standstill. I'm not convinced they know who did it, however.

Suzie and Stacy being followed home from the parties, perp(s) enter the home and abducts the three women? A random attack like that could have taken place anywhere, they could have been ran off the road and a sexual assault takes place. As awful as that would be, it does not have to end in murder. And, unless they had specific details of Sherrill and Suzie's living arrangements, why target a home with an unknown car in the carport.. I think even the most experienced, confident sicko would know better than to go in blind, as it were.

The person who did this had reason to come to the house. It doesn't mean he was a welcome visitor, but if he believed Sherrill was home alone, what better time to pull this off? Perhaps things went awry and this had to go further than it was originally intended to. As for the revenge angle.. what exactly for? I think there's been a lot of focus put on the grave robbing (see Disappeared episode) - why would you kill, or get someone else to kill three women for what would've likely been a pretty minor charge? Don't quote me on that last part, but I'm sure none of them were looking at major jail time. Sherrill's residence is a pretty intimate place for this crime to have taken place. No evidence of a sexual assault doesn't mean there wasn't one. There wasn't any physical evidence of an abduction but we know there most definitely was one.

I guess my overall summary here is that (from my perspective) you don't come to a residence for a drug debt. Why not pull a gun on Suzie or Sherrill in a parking lot after they get off from work? You don't pick a night when a woman was intended to be alone by luck or sheer coincidence. The fact this happened in Sherrill's home tells me that is was intended to be something sexual, maybe violence was planned from the start - just not to this degree.

I do think Levitt and Streeter were a combined victim. I think the goal/motive was to silence them. And when Stacy showed up, things took a turn and the perp(s) felt murder was the only way to go from there.

My opinion only here.

Yes Stacey was unfortunately wrong place wrong time.

We know from the horses mouth that Stacey and Suzie never did anything together alone. It was Janelle and Suzie or Stacey and Janelle. So the question remains why of all nights did Stacey go with Suzie I have never gotten a good answer for that.

The odds on Stacey doing something so out of character and then being kidnapped and murdered over that decision are slim to none.

Stacey it seems also knew she would not be allowed to stay there so omitted to tell her parents as well.

Last edited:

My opinion only here.

I think Steve Garrison has some connection to this case. He either knew one of the perps or had information only the cops knew about. Either way, Dusty/Mike, you may have indirectly led him and his buddies/associates into the lives of Suzie and Sherrill. Cops said he was at the center of this entire thing.

Garrison was out of jail for three weeks at the time of the disappearance. Explain how he got on Levitt and Suzie's radar without assistance, indirectly, of Dusty?
It was June 9th 2002. 10 years of investigation between the abductions and the article.

Last edited:
If this was an unplanned sexual assault that Suzie and Stacy interrupted, then why was the perp equipped with enough weapons/supplies and transport room (van or truck) with land access to bury/murder cleanly?

No way this was random. Using any logic, I just cannot see it.
The sexual assault would have been planned, though. Everything that followed? Unplanned. The supposed van that was involved in transporting the perp(s) and the women doesn't really mean a lot, I think. And a gun and/or knife would've been sufficient - sex crimes usually have some degree of violence/threat and often with a weapon.

Yes Stacey was unfortunately wrong place wrong time.

We know from the horses mouth that Stacey and Suzie never did anything together alone. It was Janelle and Suzie or Stacey and Janelle. So the question remains why of all nights did Stacey go with Suzie I have never gotten a good answer for that.

The odds on Stacey doing something so out of character and then being kidnapped and murdered over that decision are slim to none.

Stacey it seems also knew she would not be allowed to stay there so omitted to tell her parents as well.

I would guess Stacey not telling her parents she was going to Suzie’s had more to do with it being decided at 2am or later when the plans changed. I doubt she wanted to call her mom and wake her up just to tell her that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ocj