GUILTY COSTA RICA - Carla Stefaniak, 36, American tourist, San Antonio de Escazú, 27 Nov 2018

I have four children, when our oldest daughter graduated from high school, she had already planned to work for the Summer at Yellowstone Park with her friends, and she was going to college in Michigan in the Fall.

You just let them live their lives. And hope that they are careful. But you can't live a life locked up or keep your kids locked in the house.

I still think single women are safer in hotels, rather than AirBnb. Fortunately, my daughter seems to always have a few girlfriends around at her age. They go places together, maybe realizing they are safer in a group.

But, I do think that the world is changing daily. And we need to really be aware of the situation. Sadly.

College coming around the corner... don't remind me.

My daughter isn't tied up in the house, we just have to be more aware of where she goes than the boy, especially in a scenario where she's going to a place she's never been before.

Beleive it or not, we are actually encouraging her to go to college out of town... so she can see what its like to live on her own. But I'll just continue to educate her on the importance of safety. If she was in this scenario ... I would have BEGGED her to come back rather than be there alone (I'm not blaming Carla for the actions of a sicko). I'm just saying what any father would say to their daughter in a situation like this. My wife is in her mid-40's and her father still suggests stuff like she's a child.

College coming around the corner... don't remind me.

My daughter isn't tied up in the house, we just have to be more aware of where she goes than the boy, especially in a scenario where she's going to a place she's never been before.

Beleive it or not, we are actually encouraging her to go to college out of town... so she can see what its like to live on her own. But I'll just continue to educate her on the importance of safety. If she was in this scenario ... I would have BEGGED her to come back rather than be there alone (I'm not blaming Carla for the actions of a sicko). I'm just saying what any father would say to their daughter in a situation like this. My wife is in her mid-40's and her father still suggests stuff like she's a child.

I agree. You can get a GPS app for your family members phones, we have Life 360. It is something that makes me feel better. I suggest this for your daughter's phone.

Her poor father, seeing her like that, he will never be able to forget it, Altho my distrust of those authorities would make me want to ID my loved one
Poor Carla, she did everything right and still suffered

If the picture showing Carla with the two roll on suitcases was taken on this particular trip, I don't think so.

It's been done before (Sheila von Wiese Mack), it's one explanation for broken vertebrae, and the security guard would not look suspicious removing the luggage from the room.

2014_08_13_21_21_22.jpg

American tourist’s body found in suitcase in Bali – police

Her poor father, seeing her like that, he will never be able to forget it, Altho my distrust of those authorities would make me want to ID my loved one
Poor Carla, she did everything right and still suffered

[bbm]

just curious what you're referring to?

I can't get the link to transfer over but the latest article said that she had a broken neck, and "they" attacked her.
Wonder who (they) is.

Ill try the link again.

American woman's murder in Costa Rica may have been sexually-motivated: Officials
Stefaniak's badly decomposed body was identified Tuesday through fingerprints and dental records, officials said. An autopsy found that she was stabbed in the neck, that her neck was broken and that she suffered trauma to the head.

And another article:
Costa Rican police believe killing of Florida tourist may have been sexually motivated
Her partially nude body was found Monday with a broken neck and stab wounds, ABC News reported. She had been partially buried and wrapped in plastic about 1,000 feet from where she was staying. The advanced decomposition of her body indicated her death took place several days before, Costa Rican authorities said Wednesday.

[...]

[CC], Stefaniak’s father, told WFTS-TV in Tampa that he believes his daughter had been trying to defend herself and that her struggle was lengthy. He identified his daughter’s body in the Costa Rican morgue on Tuesday evening.

“I guess that Carla fought,” he said. “[They] cut the jugular and then [attacked] the head after.”

(*Thinking "they" was added in by the writer of the article)

American woman's murder in Costa Rica may have been sexually-motivated: Officials

And another article:
Costa Rican police believe killing of Florida tourist may have been sexually motivated
Her partially nude body was found Monday with a broken neck and stab wounds, ABC News reported. She had been partially buried and wrapped in plastic about 1,000 feet from where she was staying. The advanced decomposition of her body indicated her death took place several days before, Costa Rican authorities said Wednesday.

[...]

[CC], Stefaniak’s father, told WFTS-TV in Tampa that he believes his daughter had been trying to defend herself and that her struggle was lengthy. He identified his daughter’s body in the Costa Rican morgue on Tuesday evening.

“I guess that Carla fought,” he said. “[They] cut the jugular and then [attacked] the head after.”

(*Thinking "they" was added in by the writer of the article)
"They" is often used in place of a third person singular pronoun.

I don’t know that hotels are that safe either. Long corridors with no one around, Who knows who is staying in another room.

Do hotels have cameras in the hallways?

What I know of airbnb is that people want to make money and since in many places there is no oversight, corners are cut.

There are many lovely airbnb’s I am sure. But it is a problematic industry, Ifeel.

So beware

Not sure if sex crimes are on the rise or if it just seems like it, being on WS. But an increase would go along with the culture of instant gratification we live in, imo. No one has to, or wants to “wait” for anything and this seems to include sex when they feel like it. Or maybe I am just old...

Her body was half naked.
Her vertebrae was broken.

Was the door to her place on the first... or second floor? We've been wondering how he took her from the room... so perhaps (sorry for this visual) he tossed her body from the back of the room to outside... so no one could see him take her out the front way. The fall could explain the head trauma and the broken vertebrae.

I agree. You can get a GPS app for your family members phones, we have Life 360. It is something that makes me feel better. I suggest this for your daughter's phone.

I have four kids total... the Life 360 is on all of our phones. Comes in handy for when my daughter has to get her brother's from the bus stop in the winter. She knows when their bus is close.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021
Back