Missouri - The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is such a brilliant idea ! A good course of action , unless there is other action , which I'm not and don't see it happening.

At minimum, Springfield police need to explain to the public exactly what evidence in this case has been ignored or destroyed throughout the investigation. It's frustrating, though, that the killer may have attacked other women only to have DNA evidence ignored, not tested and later destroyed. Jeez, think of how many sexual attackers have gotten away with their crimes because no one followed up on testing the rape kit evidence. We know from other cases that many killers have committed rapes without murdering victims.

Surely outside investigators helping with these kinds of cases can see when the agency in charge is incompetent or corrupt. Isn't there some way to have a whistleblower or confidential informant program where bad police departments can be reported higher,up? Such a colossal waste of resources, lives and property when these people are left in their jobs.
<mod fix broken quote>

I hope y'all are just talking about Spfld detectives.
My bro's a retired Spfld cop....for 20 yrs. He's a sweetheart and others would say the same of him. Definitely not 'corrupt' and he worked with a lot of good people.
But the detectives....I don't know about.

Please submit (repeatedly) to SPD the idea of inviting the 'Cold Justice' professional, unbiased team to take this case!!! I'm betting they will flesh out the inconsistencies and get down to business.

P3 Tips

We MUST keep up the pressure on SPD and this is one way to do it. You can submit a 'tip' everyday b/c it is anonymous. Thank you. :cool: We CAN do this

Last edited by a moderator:
Based on this latest news story, its possible some evidence they gathered hasn't been tested. Some of it may have been thrown away.

I disagree. If you go to P3 Tips the page right before the actual 'tip' page it has "Three Missing Women" right at the top. No other case is there.
I disagree with them tossing out evidence. They want this solved, it is a 'black eye' on the department.

They do seem to be stymied which is why we must put pressure on them to reach out to them using their Tip Line and promote contacting Cold Justice......everyday. Flood their 'in' box.
I'm speaking to everyone......we've got to at least try.

We can also flood the the CJ 'tip' site. Submit the 3MW case here:

Cold Justice Tip Line

Let's flood both!

Yes. I will be a broken record until we get action.

My mistake.

I still don't agree with that take. Of if it was sexual assault, that's not the motive for murder. IMO.

I agree with you on the this was not about a 'sexual assault'.

Let's remember rapists have been known to murder their victims, that'd be my utmost worry. :eek:
Anyway, moving right along...:)

This crime was staged, the leaving behind all that cash was to make the police think one way.

That was a deliberate act to not “take” anything. I still think they was looking for something specific and unfortunately the only people who know what that was are dead or not talking.

ETA - why would some random sexual rapist not take the money or anything of value? - no the stuff was left behind on purpose.

IMO

Last edited:
I don’t as her own family have said she didn’t have permission to stay there. That’s a pretty strong statement considering Stacey was adult and old enough to do what she wanted.

Even Janelle try’s to distance herself from Suzie in that tv interview she did with her disdainful comment about the “other girl”.

For whatever reason Suzie and her mum didn’t seem to have the best reputation it seems.

I agree on Janelle trying to 'distance' herself from Suzie. I'm not sure it was out of 'disdain'...IMO she was distancing herself from the whole event. IMO...she 'went through the motions' ie. passing out fliers. "Hey, can I get you to take this flier? These women are missing." Once again, zero emotion involved. 'These women' vs. 'My FRIENDS are missing, please help us find them!'

Just ......odd to me. The reporters interviewed another gf....she was ANGRY....ah. Emotion!

Does anyone at all find it highly unusual that Steve Garrison, the man responsible for having information only known to police, being a violent rapist and biker with connections to weapons, the person leaned on most by detective Doug Thomas, the one the cops BAILED OUT to talk to at a hotel was dating Dusty's girlfriend-at-the-time's mother? That's more than just a one-time drug deal connection. That's a full on direct connection.

Now I am not saying Dusty is guilty in this, but you have a direct connection to a grand jury suspect and POI right there to the women.

Let's not forget Bartt was also asked if he knew Dusty's girlfriend when he was questioned (source: his comment on Proboards).

Does anyone at all find it highly unusual that Steve Garrison, the man responsible for having information only known to police, being a violent rapist and biker with connections to weapons, the person leaned on most by detective Doug Thomas, the one the cops BAILED OUT to talk to at a hotel was dating Dusty's girlfriend-at-the-time's mother? That's more than just a one-time drug deal connection. That's a full on direct connection.

Now I am not saying Dusty is guilty in this, but you have a direct connection to a grand jury suspect and POI right there to the women.

Let's not forget Bartt was also asked if he knew Dusty's girlfriend when he was questioned (source: his comment on Proboards).
This is my #1 theory by a large margin. My speculation is that Dusty was mouthing off/venting about Suzie, Garrison heard him & saw an opportunity. MOO.

You might get the chance to ask him face to face in just a few more years, Truth Seeker. His sentence is about done and if he has behaved himself, he might even get paroled a little early. I think he probably has 3-5 more years before he is back out on the streets.

Edit: spelling

You might get the chance to ask him face to face in just a few more years, Truth Seeker. His sentence is about done and if he has behaved himself, he might even get paroled a little early. I think he probably has 3-5 more years before he is back out on the streets.

Edit: spelling
I am aware.

This is my #1 theory by a large margin. My speculation is that Dusty was mouthing off/venting about Suzie, Garrison heard him & saw an opportunity. MOO.
Flute, why do you think Garrison was bailed out and asked to meet with cops at a hotel? I never understood that one. Any ideas?

Flute, why do you think Garrison was bailed out and asked to meet with cops at a hotel? I never understood that one. Any ideas?
I’m not familiar with that event so can only speculate that they were trying to win him over/ get him to slip up?

From September 13, 1995 NewsLeader:

(on 3MW case)
"So investigators and prosecutors did not object to reducing Garrison's $10,000 bail to $2500 so he could post bond and get out of jail, said Darrell Moore, chief assistant county attorney. The thinking, law enforcement sources said, was that Garrison might talk in a different environment."
<snip>
"Garrison was captured 20 days later and jailed without bond. It was nine days after the reported mid-town assault" [the rape he is now imprisoned for]
<snip>
"Police detective Doug Thomas, the primary investigator in the missing women's case, was the officer alone with Garrison when he ran. Thomas would not comment on the escape, other than to say "There's nothing that happens down here every day that we don't have regrets that a different tack might have been taken."

If you need more ammunition against the Springfield Police Department, they are indirectly responsible for a woman being raped by letting Garrison bond out at a lower price to question him in regards to the missing women case. (why did they not just question him at the station--highly odd).

What kind of hellish department does this? And why did they take him to a hotel? What the HELL was the thinking there? I do not get that one. If he posted bond, why do the papers use the words "escaped?" Someone please help me out here.

Last edited:
what was he in for?
When I read about Garrison (couple yrs ago) I 'assumed' the hotel escape was after the rape case.

Only VIs are allowed to present information without a supporting link. Going forward you can expect a thread ban or timeout if you post as a VI when you're not, or if you pry for insider type information from someone who is not a VI.

what was he in for?
When I read about Garrison (couple yrs ago) I 'assumed' the hotel escape was after the rape case.
Timeline matters and very crucial.

Local LE lowered his bond (why?) on another charge and then he met up with cops at a hotel and they said he “escaped?” But then it says he committed the rape he is now imprisoned for just after that.

All very odd and we should be getting to the bottom of it.

I agree on Janelle trying to 'distance' herself from Suzie. I'm not sure it was out of 'disdain'...IMO she was distancing herself from the whole event. IMO...she 'went through the motions' ie. passing out fliers. "Hey, can I get you to take this flier? These women are missing." Once again, zero emotion involved. 'These women' vs. 'My FRIENDS are missing, please help us find them!'

Just ......odd to me. The reporters interviewed another gf....she was ANGRY....ah. Emotion!
Exactly! And then she was talking about she and Mike going over to the house that day and said, "So we went to the house".....and she starts to say something else, and pauses, like she's "Catching" herself, and says "We had never been there before". Like she wanted to make that particular issue clear for some reason.
And lets not forget about her "That Other Girl" comment. If she and Susie were good old friends from way back, and she had taken graduation pictures with her, and Susie had gone to her house that night and went partying with her........Why in the heck does she refer to her as "That Other Girl", like she barely knows her.
Doesn't make one bit of sense, and never has!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suesleuth