Found Deceased NC - Hania Noelia Aguilar, 13, abducted and murdered, Lumberton, 5 Nov 2018 #4 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
that was my point, I never saw that they found her socks in the car. Her post say they found them.
I am not sure who you mean by "her," but I was the first one to mention socks when @bestill posed the question about why Hania's shoes may be a clue (see below) and I responded with a QUESTION; a possibility. I did not say they found her socks in the car. MOO
I've been doing real life and working the last few days. I came on here to ask the very same thing. I think they have a tip or something is leading them to the shoes. They knew before her little body was found that the shoes may be a clue, why?
They found socks in the car? MOO

Last edited:
That is sad. He’s not mentioned in her obituary. I’m guessing he hasn’t seen her in a long time and now can’t be here for her funeral.
Obit from Funeral Home
Miss Hania Noelia Aguilar, age 13, 8th grade student at Lumberton Jr.
High School passed away recently in Lumberton, NC.<modsnip - names removed> Services entrusted to: Colvin Funeral Home, Lumberton, NC.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that there would be thousands of tips called in with that $30,000 reward so it will take a long time to investigate the large amount of tips.

One month after Hania Aguilar's kidnapping, Robeson County deals with more death

This article quotes the FBI saying that they've investigated over 800 leads. I wouldn't be surprised if 95% were tips that originated from gossip taken from the Facebook rumor mill. I say this because of the amount of time LE spent warning the public not to believe or spread rumors they've see on Facebook. It's fairly common for LE to caution the public about posting rumors on social media, but the investigating officers in this case have been way more adamant about it than any other case I've ever followed. (Side note: I don't know what these rumors were because I try to steer clear of groups about missing persons cases on Facebook. I have Websleuths for that! :))

Anyway, LE was clearly not happy about what was being said on Facebook, as they repeatedly asked the public to stop speculating about the case online and let them do their job. They said it again, and again, and again. In every press conference. At first, their repeated and adamant warnings made me question whether someone was posting factual information and they were worried it would derail the investigation. In most cases with rampant rumors, LE may mention that they are annoying, harmful to investigation, and use up time and resources that could be better spent looking for the missing person, but they rarely demand that the public stops speculating and posting about the case on social media with such vehemence. Quite honestly, I'm still a bit baffled by their response to those rumors.

Lumberton Police Department | 12/05/2018 3:21pm (EST)

Today, marks exactly one month since Hania Aguilar was kidnapped from outside her home in Lumberton. Since then the Lumberton PD, FBI, and many other law enforcement partners have engaged in a great amount of investigative work to uncover and collect evidence to identify the person responsible so they can be held accountable by our judicial system. We continue to encourage the public to support our efforts by providing information to our tip line at 910-272-5871.

The NC Medical Examiner's Office is continuing the work to fully confirm Hania's identity with dental records, conduct an autopsy and toxicology testing.

The NC State Crime Lab will process any evidence discovered on the body or at the scene off Wire Grass Road where the body was found by investigators who were following up on leads generated through the investigation.

There is no definitive timeline on when the testing will be completed.

Thank you for your continued assistance.

It sounds like LE could still be waiting on Quantico testing for maybe DNA matches to anyone. I know some LE have to wait a very long time for testing to be completed. Wish things could speed up someday in the future because the longer it takes to catch people like this the longer the public is at risk.

"There is no definitive timeline on when the testing will be completed."

I just moved about 50 miles from Lumberton a few months ago. I was speaking with a couple of acquaintances after Hania disappeared and their immediate statement was that a couple of other women have died there in the past year or so. I think one of them is the person in this article: Family of woman found dead in Lumberton last year still holding out hope. And here is another article from Inside Edition: Lumberton Has Sordid History of Violence

Could there be a serial killer in the area?
I have long since thought this... ever since three women were found dead in abandoned homes in the same neighborhood last year. Many people dismiss this idea because they were all known drug users, but that doesn't really mean that much to me (other than the fact that they were likely around shady characters). It doesn't mean much because their deaths were clearly not drug ODs. One woman was found in a trash can. Another woman was naked and found hidden under the bushes. A couple of kids discovered her body when they were playing basketball. The ball rolled away and under those same bushes, and they found her body when they went to retrieve the ball. People don't typically OD in trash cans or naked under bushes. The autopsies for all three of these women came back with an undetermined cause of death. Now, that seems just a bit more than fishy to me.

Family of North Carolina teen found dead gets new home

Time Out Communities gave Hania Aguilar’s family a new start. They got keys Tuesday to a new, double-wide mobile home about a mile from Rosewood Mobile Home Park.

Hania’s siblings won’t have to change schools. The lot rent has been waived for six months, and community donations will help furnish the home.

One month after Hania Aguilar's kidnapping, Robeson County deals with more death

This article quotes the FBI saying that they've investigated over 800 leads. I wouldn't be surprised if 95% were tips that originated from gossip taken from the Facebook rumor mill. I say this because of the amount of time LE spent warning the public not to believe or spread rumors they've see on Facebook. It's fairly common for LE to caution the public about posting rumors on social media, but the investigating officers in this case have been way more adamant about it than any other case I've ever followed. (Side note: I don't know what these rumors were because I try to steer clear of groups about missing persons cases on Facebook. I have Websleuths for that! :))

Anyway, LE was clearly not happy about what was being said on Facebook, as they repeatedly asked the public to stop speculating about the case online and let them do their job. They said it again, and again, and again. In every press conference. At first, their repeated and adamant warnings made me question whether someone was posting factual information and they were worried it would derail the investigation. In most cases with rampant rumors, LE may mention that they are annoying, harmful to investigation, and use up time and resources that could be better spent looking for the missing person, but they rarely demand that the public stops speculating and posting about the case on social media with such vehemence. Quite honestly, I'm still a bit baffled by their response to those rumors.

There was one website that i am aware was spreading false news. The guy behind the website is bad news. Has done this before with Mariah Woods case. It is my understanding he reached out to the family with some of these lies. Some on facebook may have done same but I'm not in any of those groups. I prefer my peeps here at websleuthing because we dont pretend to know, only speculate.

Last edited:
Community helps Hania Aguilar’s family move out of mobile home in dangerous area to bigger, safer residence: Report - Includes video of the new home

“When we heard about the family feeling unsafe in their current home, there was no doubt in our mind that we had to help!” Time Out Communities, the real estate agency who donated the home, wrote on Facebook. “For us it is a small gesture compared to all of the hardship they have and are still going through but, it has made a huge impact on them and the community.”

“Mom and dad, they cried, they were happy, they were so thankful,” Robeson County School District, Dr. Shanita Wooten, told the outlet. “The girls, they immediately started saying this is our home. They ran throughout all the rooms picking out the rooms.”

Along with six months of free rent, the family will likely be given furnishing for the home. The community is currently gathering furniture and asking the public to donate household items. Assistant Superintendent Dr. Robert Locklear said items specifically being sought include things for Hania’s siblings.

Household items donations are being taken at 4570 Old Allenton Road in Lumberton.

DEC 6, 2018
Family of North Carolina teen found dead gets new home
Mitchell Hunt with Time Out Communities tells the Fayetteville Observer the property management company wanted to give Hania Aguilar’s family a new start. They got keys Tuesday to a new, double-wide mobile home about a mile from Rosewood Mobile Home Park.

It was at Rosewood that the 13-year-old was kidnapped before school on Nov. 5. Her body was found three weeks later. No arrests have been made.

Hunt says Hania’s siblings won’t have to change schools. The lot rent has been waived for six months, and community donations will help furnish the home.

Community helps Hania Aguilar’s family move out of mobile home in dangerous area to bigger, safer residence: Report - Video of the new home at this link
“When we heard about the family feeling unsafe in their current home, there was no doubt in our mind that we had to help!” Time Out Communities, the real estate agency who donated the home, wrote on Facebook. “For us it is a small gesture compared to all of the hardship they have and are still going through but, it has made a huge impact on them and the community.”

“Mom and dad, they cried, they were happy, they were so thankful,” Robeson County School District, Dr. Shanita Wooten, told the outlet. “The girls, they immediately started saying this is our home. They ran throughout all the rooms picking out the rooms.”

Along with six months of free rent, the family will likely be given furnishing for the home. The community is currently gathering furniture and asking the public to donate household items. Assistant Superintendent Dr. Robert Locklear said items specifically being sought include things for Hania’s siblings.

Household items donations are being taken at 4570 Old Allenton Road in Lumberton.
Oh, how wonderful and sad at the same time. I feel sure Hania would have been proud of what is being done for her family. It will enable her siblings & other youth/children who are or who may come into the home, to have a better start in a more stable community.
I don't need to say what prompted and inspired this wonderful event -- but Hania's spirit is indeed with the family who loved her.
They will have a nice place to be for more Christmases and more New Years celebrations, even while they mourn their little Hania.

Bravo to Time Out Communities and Mitchell Hunt!

I believe there is. At least one or two of the previous women found dead are probably his. This seems to be an escalation - from at-risk women who theoretically won't be missed and are easy targets to a child in front of her home.

I just moved about 50 miles from Lumberton a few months ago. I was speaking with a couple of acquaintances after Hania disappeared and their immediate statement was that a couple of other women have died there in the past year or so. I think one of them is the person in this article: Family of woman found dead in Lumberton last year still holding out hope. And here is another article from Inside Edition: Lumberton Has Sordid History of Violence

Could there be a serial killer in the area?

I believe there is. At least one or two of the previous women found dead are probably his. This seems to be an escalation - from at-risk women who theoretically won't be missed and are easy targets to a child in front of her home.

Chilling.

There was one website that i am aware was spreading false news. The guy behind the website is bad news. Has done this before with Mariah Woods case. It is my understanding he reached out to the family with some of these lies. Some on facebook may have done same but I'm not in any of those groups. I prefer my peeps here at websleuthing because we dont pretend to know, only speculate.

I was inadvertantly exposed to some of the toxic rumors through an online connection--it was some of the vilest, cruelest, stupidest poison I've ever seen directed at the family of a victim. My God. Makes me even more thankful for the restrained climate here. Thank you Trish and crew!

Father of Hania Aguilar, Killed at 13, Is Denied Funeral Visa
The father of the girl, 13-year-old Hania Aguilar, traveled to the United States Embassy in Guatemala City on Monday and asked for expedited approval for a visa to fly to the United States. The father, Noé Aguilar, was denied on the spot because American officials worried he lacked strong ties to Guatemala, his native country, and might not return, according to his lawyer, Naimeh Salem.

“To tell you the truth, with past administrations, we never had a problem like this,” Ms. Salem, an immigration lawyer based in Texas, said in an interview. “With this administration, most everything that is discretionary is getting denied.”

As the news of Mr. Aguilar’s denial was reported on Thursday in North Carolina, some high-ranking state politicians pledged to help. Gov. Roy Cooper, a Democrat, wrote a letter asking for the State Department to reconsider the father’s application, Ms. Salem said, and the office of Representative Mark Meadows, a Republican, intervened as well.

In his visa application, Mr. Aguilar stated that he owned a business in Guatemala and had no intentions of staying in the United States after the funeral, Ms. Salem said. But embassy officials denied his request because he had a low bank balance, she said.

“He has no negative immigration history,” Ms. Salem said. “No deportation.”

Mr. Aguilar lived in the United States when his daughter was an infant but moved back to Guatemala around 2005, she said.

Well you’re not going to have a kidnapper/sex offender WALKING down the street to a Mobile Home Park with the Plan to KIPNAP Hania assuming that she just happens to go outside alone to start the car at just the exact time his CASUAL WALK will be arriving at Hanias house and I bet he also planned the gas tank would be filled or have enough gas to use as his preplanned kidnappers getaway car.
I'm confused. How would he plan how much gas was in the tank? I think I must be misunderstanding your post. TIA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NMR0715