Found Deceased TN - Shaun Hamblen, 23, Memphis, 29 Nov 2018 *endangered* *Arrest*

UPDATE PER Memphis police: Missing Person: Shaun Hamblen

At approximately 8:00 p.m. on December 7th, investigators received information that the car that missing Shaun Hamblen was believed to last been seen in was parked in the 1300 block of Michigan. Upon arrival, a gray 2009 Ford Focus was located; however, Shaun Hamblen was nowhere to be found.

Upon further investigation, two individuals who were believed to have been in the Ford Focus during the last time Mr. Hamblen was seen were identified. Both individuals have since been taken into custody.

During this time, officers also received information that a body was located in the 3600 block of McDuff. Upon arrival, it was confirmed that a body was located on the property. The identity of the body as not yet been released.

No charges have been filed at this point.

This is an ongoing investigation.
Memphis Police Department est.1827

UPDATE PER Memphis police: Missing Person: Shaun Hamblen

At approximately 8:00 p.m. on December 7th, investigators received information that the car that missing Shaun Hamblen was believed to last been seen in was parked in the 1300 block of Michigan. Upon arrival, a gray 2009 Ford Focus was located; however, Shaun Hamblen was nowhere to be found.

Upon further investigation, two individuals who were believed to have been in the Ford Focus during the last time Mr. Hamblen was seen were identified. Both individuals have since been taken into custody.

During this time, officers also received information that a body was located in the 3600 block of McDuff. Upon arrival, it was confirmed that a body was located on the property. The identity of the body as not yet been released.

Not good. I figured date was supposed to be 12/5, and I see anonypotomous’s post has it corrected.

Sad news.

a gray 2009 Ford Focus was located; however, Shaun Hamblen was nowhere to be found.

I couldn’t find it either..

I wonder if there's another McDuff Ave in Memphis?? I've been all around the block and can't find a home that looks like those photos lol
Unless the house was freshly painted, but if it has been vacant for some time I wouldn't imagine it would be painted.

The Ford Focus was located at 1300 block of Michigan, maybe put both locations in and see if it will map itself. lol.

I’m really curious about the situation and circumstances. I wonder if this is random, if he was a target or if he was set up somehow. I’m guessing if he got in the car willingly it wasn’t random.

Yeah. I'm willing to bet it was someone he knew, and trusted I guess? Trusted enough to get in their car. He leaves the gym to go meet up with the people in this car.
I couldn't imagine someone saying "Hey meet me in the parking lot of the mall and then we can drive you to our house to get this item from craigslist!" I suppose, but it just doesn't make sense, like that would set off alarms in my head. Unless perhaps he met up with them thinking they would trade, and then they pulled a gun and told him to get in the car.
Hopefully the surveillance would show that. I'm leaning towards the drug deal... it's sad because I know plenty of great people that sell drugs. They have normal families and are not bad people, they have other jobs and relationships and it's just "something on the side" to make more money. Kind of like sex work.

I wonder if there's another McDuff Ave in Memphis?? I've been all around the block and can't find a home that looks like those photos lol
Unless the house was freshly painted, but if it has been vacant for some time I wouldn't imagine it would be painted.
Here's a google maps view of the house. I found it by adding the name of the cross street that a reporter in one of the links above stated then "drove"
down McDuff from the intersection of Robin Hood and McDuff. Where the street widens it's on the left. A lot of the houses on the street are almost identical - this one stood out, as like the one in the MSM article the house next door has doors from the side of the property, not the front. Google Maps

Missing man’s mother says his body has been found

[...]

The identity of that body has not been released by police, but police called the finding an update in Hamblen’s case.

Hamblen’s mother, in a Facebook post, identified the body as her missing son. “Our worst fears have been confirmed,” she wrote.

No charges have been filed and the investigation is ongoing, police said.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Starlight86
Back