GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #64

Status
Not open for further replies.
and it does not disprove it either.

Reading those documents, at no point did I get the impression that he was a person who took the initiative.

His co workers described him as a quiet guy, one who went with the flow.

He surrounded himself with “type A” women, either by choice or in the case of his mother, circumstance.

He seemed immature, and incapable of making decisions by himself.

Except killing of course.

Does anyone know about OCD? I have a question to something thats been niggling at me.

I'm just a lay person but I know OCD is often used as a descriptor for highly organized people, but the actual diagnosable condition is quite a bit more than that, involving compulsive behaviors that inhibit normal daily life (hence: disorder) such as needing to check the door is locked 20 times or washing hands repeatedly, etc.

I don't think either of them showed signs of OCD.

I have to say I was very impressed when he was cooking and singing some kind of song. People recognized it as a Disney song? I have no clue.

Anyway, he was wiping down the cabinets as he cooked. It was like it was automatic.

He worked at a car dealership. The dealership I went to was so clean you could eat off the floor.
He may have done some chores but it will never change the fact that he’s a disgusting, depraved woman and child killer. IMO

Reading those documents, at no point did I get the impression that he was a person who took the initiative.

His co workers described him as a quiet guy, one who went with the flow.

He surrounded himself with “type A” women, either by choice or in the case of his mother, circumstance.

He seemed immature, and incapable of making decisions by himself.

Except killing of course.
Perhaps he wasn't given the chance, given that SW had control issues. Before you jump on my back, this is what I got from the discovery document.

It’s so interesting how we can listen to the same interview and hear something entirely different! I thought NK said Charlotte’s father just died, and she was so deeply in grief she didn’t have the capacity to take on NK’s problems, as well. However, I did read somewhere that someone said NK called Charlotte, “retarded.” I didn’t hear that. Did you hear that? I need to go back and listen. But 2 hours, ugh, but if NK did say that in a demeaning manner, that might change how I feel.

I did not hear her use the R word but she did seem to trash talk Charlotte IMO.
About 14:30 minutes in she starts talking about her texts with her friends and what she has told them and then goes into what she talked to Charlotte about after that:

If I were Charlotte, NK would not be my friend anymore. JMO.

ETA: Upon listening again I think I found the spot where people are hearing NK call Charlotte the R word but I can't quite tell if that is what she is saying. About 21 minutes in she says something under her breath "She is so ____".

Last edited:
Shan'ann Watts' Parents Say They Had No Clue Her Marriage Was Falling Apart
The Rzuceks said they believed their daughter was "absolutely" happy in her marriage to Watts and never suspected anything was amiss.

"She was extremely happy," said Frank.

Just released video shows Watts undergoing a physical examination for scratches or bruises that may have been caused from his final encounter with his wife.

Following the examination, Watts is left alone in the interview room and soon falls fast asleep, a picture of one of the children he slaughtered just inches away.

Respectfully disagree 100%. His plan was so bad, it didn't seem like a plan at all. At every turn he had a problem. As for putting the children's bodies in the oil tanks, sooner or later they would have been discovered. Then what? The bodies would have immediately been tied to Chris. Any way you slice it, he was completely trapped by his actions that night. His work truck movements could be tracked, so he was severely limited in his body disposal options. If he took out SW's car in the middle of the night, his neighbor's camera would have caught him (hell, he probably would have forgotten to turn off his cell phone in any case). If he tried to give himself more time to dispose of the bodies at site 319, he would have had to explain why he uncharacteristically left for work much earlier than usual. It was no-win for him. I can't think of a single scenario where he could have gotten away with this crime given the constraints he was under.

When I think of this case and Chris Watts, the movie Body Heat comes to mind. Remember the scene with a young Mickey Rourke explaining to William Hurt how to plant an incendiary bomb in a boathouse to help stage/dispose of the body of his lover's husband (Kathleen Turner)? Upon questioning Hurt why the hell he is contemplating this crime, Rourke says:

"Any time you try a decent crime, there are 50 ways you can f*ck up. If you can think of 25 of them, you are a genius. And you ain't no genius."​

:) Dave
Too funny. When I think of Body Heat I remember this one:
Matty: "[to Ned] You aren't too smart, are you? I like that in a man."

I have a general question that maybe some of our legal folks can shed light on. So CO has a policy that all of these documents and videos we are now poring over are public record. I always assumed that meant, "You can come in and request a copy of x, y or z" - not that they'd be compiled and made available online so easily. Great for us but not great for the folks who gave interviews and such. I think I read in the 2000-some page report that someone contacted an officer after having giving an interview upset because she was contacted by the media and thought her input was confidential. I imagine NK might be thinking the same now - imagine how she feels having her text/sextmessages published online along with that one photo, and such. I'm thinking if this is the way of the future now, it might hopefully deter some criminals!!

VERY difficult to get a script for it, since it is scheduled. No refills, you have to go hack to doc to get a new script. Usually for post-op pain or for chronic pain patients like myself. My condition is progressive and has no cure. We simply try to make me comfortable. Average lifespan is 42 years and some of these short-lasting pain meds are more helpful than the extended relief. In my case, Hospice fomes out once a week for pallaitive care. It's a serious script, but one that could be leftover from major surgery. I had it after neck fusion and brain surgery. 30mg is the highest dose. Most people start at 5mg.

I agree. I have RA and it's not as serious as your health problem, but it's progressive and it causes chronic pain. I don't need pain medication daily and when I take it, it's the lowest dose possible, but you are correct, in today's world there is no such thing as a refill on pain medication. The doctor either needs to write out a paper script or do an electronic script. The doctor can't just call it into the pharmacy.

Too many people who don't need pain medication have abused the drugs and the government has cracked down on everyone. It's not fair to those who suffer from painful health conditions, and who need the drugs in order to try to live a somewhat normal life.

I'm just a lay person but I know OCD is often used as a descriptor for highly organized people, but the actual diagnosable condition is quite a bit more than that, involving compulsive behaviors that inhibit normal daily life (hence: disorder) such as needing to check the door is locked 20 times or washing hands repeatedly, etc.

Exactly. People who love order are frequently (and incorrectly) described as “having OCD.”

I remember watching a documentary on it, and one guy actually lost his job because he was always late for work, because he spent hours compulsively vacuuming his house every morning.

Thank you, very informative. So, would 80mg be a fatal dose? and why google that, any ideas?

It would depend on the person's body weight and tolerance. I am 4'10" and weigh 100 lbs. For me, 80mg would make me really sick but probably wouldn't kill me. I'm small, but have a high tolerance. A child with no tolerance? Yes, it could cause serious harm. An adult with no tolerance? It would definitely make them sick, probably vomiting at the least, but it could also cause respiratory distress. A lot of people die from overdoses because they return to their previous level. Say they were taking 60mg at a time and then stopped altogether. The body resets its tolerance then, a month laterm the person wants to use again. Instead of starting slow and titrating up, they jump right back into their previous dosage. And it kills them.
90mg is too much for anyone in that house. Girls were too little and there are no records showing ongoing pain management for SW.

Maybe Cw found an old bottle and was seeking a way out.

BBM. I thought that it was NK that he complained about that to.
I thought I read, and could be wrong, in the document of reports and such that SW even mentioned that to a friend at some point, so he apparently did voice some of his concerns to her on occasion.

That's great! Thank you. I think then, that the use of 'OCD' in the witness statements can be interchangeable with 'organised'.

I’ve wavered on the kids. Did he plan to kill them or was it an afterthought?
I think they were always part of the plan. SW's family already noticed he was acting distant with them. NK wasn't keen on his kids. The lady at the bungee park said he didn't engage with the kids at all, only SW. The way he spoke about them in terms of negative interactions (ie chicken nuggets). The way he was so quick to pull them out of school within hours. He scheduled cervi at the same time as taking them to school. He never intended to take them to school. He never showed interested in the two bedroom apartmants NK was showing him. He wanted to be childfree. No extra room, no kids. He probably wanted to start over and have kids with NK like she wanted, people pleaser that he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brew23p