GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #64

Status
Not open for further replies.
So do we think Chris didn’t know where exactly he was going to dump the bodies until Friday?

Really. Did he have his wheels churning Friday or did he begin plotting Saturday into Sunday?

If he wanted out so desperately, he shoulda packed up during her vacay. He had weeks. He could have found an efficiency or moved in with NK.

Bravo. The SW bashing is beginning again, but it's subtle. I find it sickening.

I don't think I recall seeing any Laci Peterson bashing, or did I just tune it all out? Is this caused by jealousy?
SW is the victim. She's deceased she cannot even defend herself!
Why are people trying to erase her and tarnish her memories?!

I noticed the "likes" and "all that stuff" and "you knows" disappeared more when he was talking about something factual he could speak truthfully about. He spoke with confidence and in a much more assertive tone. For example, the details about SW's delayed flight, talking about the weather in Phoenix. Talking about her direct sales job. Doorbell cameras. Gadgets. His protein shakes. His favorite t-shirt. Watching Sportscenter. You could see a palpable sigh of relief and his whole body relax when he was able to talk about something he didn't have to lie about. And the "likes" dwindled.

RSBM

Agree. It's exactly as FBI agent Tammy told him when he took the polygraph-- he is a terrible liar! He was really, really bad at lying. I also noticed his voice goes up in octave slightly when he lies. JMO.

Perhaps he wasn't given the chance, given that SW had control issues. Before you jump on my back, this is what I got from the discovery document.
Even Ted Bundy had some good points, he worked at a crisis hotline, one moment saving lives and then went on to take them!

Who gives a fig if CW could wipe down a bench? Shanann, obviously, wanted her Thrive customers to see her family was ship shape, that hubby does chores too cause he's so energized by the product she's promoting, I wish people could see past this.
Shanann was trying to make a living and selling a healthy and productive lifestyle. My adult daughter has a friend on facebook who has the same Thrive setup. That's why right from the beginning of this case, I didn't read too much into a lot of the fb videos endorsing the product.

I don't think I recall seeing any Laci Peterson bashing, or did I just tune it all out? Is this caused by jealousy?
I think the lack of social media in the Laci Peterson days is a huge factor. No facebook pages to scrutinize. No major online communities to troll every picture and post with hateful comments. If there was anything negative, I don't think there was an easy community for the underbelly of society and trolls to gather, or organize, and attack.

This case was also a little unique in how much of SW's online activity was public due to her direct sales set up. So many pictures and videos for hours of watching and scrutiny and online analysis.

A whole different world these days. Not sure it is always a good thing.

ETA: Scott Peterson also didn't blame Laci for killing anyone. I don't know that anyone would have even thought to start victim blaming if this case had just been about the tragic loss of life of this beautiful pregnant mother and her two adorable little girls. I don't think it would have even peaked the trolls' interest.

It wasn't until CW accused her of "strangling" and killing her daughters did his defenders start decimating her in every video, reading into things like squirt guns for signs of abuse. His parents came out of the gates trashing her, "You have to be around her to know her" - and suddenly there was a narrative that became so ugly and nasty. With online communities and facebook groups and unscrupulous podcasts, and youtube channels, that allow irresponsible, wild speculation and unproven theories and report it as if it's fact or based on evidence. That was unheard of 10, 15, 20 years ago.

Last edited:
Yes, what does it matter if she were controlling and he helped with the housework and the children? I cannot see the point of it, especially after he has pleaded guilty to all charges.

I missed that - interesting. Maybe he was truly conflicted on some level. Stay with the wife and kids, leave and try to be with NK. His pattern of phone use must have been making him crazy. Calls from the wife, many unanswered, then a call or text to the mistress, then looking and nude pics of NK and moving them to his secret app followed by more calls from SW begging him to talk to her. That last weekend must have created the volcano in his head.
I think possibly he was processing the idea of getting rid of his family and would no longer need an apt. He could live wherever he wanted, didn’t have to worry about being close to the girls school

Bravo. The SW bashing is beginning again, but it's subtle. I find it sickening.

My blood pressure is through the roof! I swore I was going to take a break, but here I am.

When CW married Shanann, he didn't even know how to do dishes correctly. Momma Watts did everything for him! He took his dirty laundry home to her. So, yes, Shanann taught him proper chores. Someone had to for god's sake! Is that controlling? Then I have control issues, too.

Last edited:
Even Ted Bundy had some good points, he worked at a crisis hotline, one moment saving lives and then went on to take them!

Jeff MacDonald was a well-liked doctor that hospital staff loved so much, they fundraised for his defense. He was still found guilty of killing his pregnant wife and two girls. He fit the narcissist profile to a T.

Look at him laughing it up on a talk show after the murders. Very similar to CW except more outwardly arrogant.

Thanks for the update Pommy!

That's a pretty big typo to make. Why was it put into a timeline of events if not relevant? I doubt a search made on Sept 1, 2018 would be relevant to the case. Didn't they collect her phone prior to Sept? How would a Sept 2018 search show up if they collected her phone in Aug?
And what about the search for CW in Aug 2017 and search for SW in January 2018? Were those typos too? o_O:cool::oops::eek:
Maybe they continued monitering her activities after she turned in her phone. It would make sense that she would be curious to find out about Shanann after all the lies he told her about her. Or maybe she was just reading about the case.

I think the lack of social media in the Laci Peterson days is a huge factor. No facebook pages to scrutinize. No major online communities to troll every picture and post with hateful comments. If there was anything negative, I don't think there was an easy community for the underbelly of society and trolls to gather, or organize, and attack.

This case was also a little unique in how much of SW's online activity was public due to her direct sales set up. So many pictures and videos for hours of watching and scrutiny and online analysis.

A whole different world these days. Not sure it is always a good thing.

ok, that does make sense. Most people I knew were horrified by the thought Scott killed her and their unborn baby but there's always these weird desperate fanatical women who fall in love with murders!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23