Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
So very true @Bohemian. With what’s been printed in regards to William, I often wonder who contacted who first & if it’s been the media making contact, why these people haven’t had the decency to say two simple words....no comment.
I’ve been reading WS for a few years now & only recently signed up for the very same reason - respectful to victims & families.
I suspect there’s a middle-man :) between those in Karlie’s and Brendan’s lives and MSM. A tipster if you will. What were the words @JLZ used before to describe someone else? Delusional and stalkerish? I think that could be the case here too.

About those speaking to MSM, maybe they’re of the mind that any publicity is good publicity...for themselves.

This just gets weirder and weirder......

You wouldn't know what to believe. Poor little William. To think he was with such a loving family and such a happy little boy, and to have it all snatched away.

And the bios .... well it just seems to get more complicated. :(

Is Jacob indigenous or part indigenous? If not it doesn't make sense. But then none of this heinous crime makes sense. Poor little William. An innocent victim of evil.

Surely police have done DNA comparisons to rule out which man is not William's bio father and also to compare William's female sibling that was also at Kendall.

Nichol's recent court conviction gives an insight into his personality traits if he is shunned or rejected by a partner. I wonder what vehicles he had access to in september 2014.

I'm sorry if this is a silly question, I have looked back through the thread and couldn't see it answered. Is this Jacob Nichols who is the possible father of William Tyrrell, a relation of Derek Nichols?
This crossed my mind for a moment this morning too, erin. Then I thought that connection would be too good for Candace to pass up reporting on. My guess is they are no relation but, as always, I could be wrong.

Surely police have done DNA comparisons to rule out which man is not William's bio father and also to compare William's female sibling that was also at Kendall.

Nichol's recent court conviction gives an insight into his personality traits if he is shunned or rejected by a partner. I wonder what vehicles he had access to in september 2014.
hello papertrail. welcome back! It seems DN (a named POI if 'anyone' wants to report this & have it removed :D ) has had some unfortunate history, with boys. I did notice he was driving a light green coloured sedan, for part of the time he was living in Kendall. I did post pictures much earlier. Taken from google maps of his driveway - a house which was behind the preschool according to A Current Affair - MOO

Tks for the welcome back. <modsnip - baiting>

The green vehicle you picked up on where was that. Just reread your initial post I replied to. Problem with that car is we dont know for sure Nichols can be placed at that address when google earth tecko did the street view sweep.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tks for the welcome back.<modsnip - baiting>

The green vehicle you picked up on where was that?

I agree. <modsnip - response to snipped portion of quoted post>. The green vehicle was behind the preschool in Kendall. ACA said his house backed onto the preschool, so sleuth away. I have deleted my photos on my comp i THINK. Let me have a look tho... i might have kept a couple

Last edited by a moderator:
The preschool is here 19 railway st...below. Those that back onto the preschool are in Fagans Cres. Technically those that back onto the school are 4, 6, 8 & 10. But also 21 railway drive can be considered (sideways connected)... The preschool carpark meets the fence at #10 Fagans diagonally, so it still could be considered, but which place ACA was referring to - who knows?

Attachments

• fagans cres.png
    fagans cres.png
    443.4 KB · Views: 9
Another possibility for William, albeit far fetched, or nothing we have considered before. Perhaps someone may "think" they are the true father, & they may try to take him away in any way possible...? They tell their loved ones, who believe he is the father as well, a tall tale of outback captivity? A mother may believe her son? I mean, who knows? Hope cops have looked into this ex boyfriend...

Very early on, sleuthers here looked at the relationship that key people around the bio parents seemed to have with William, respectfully of course. It's challenging to make any sense of why it would matter, but this latest article reminded me of a sleuther's comment early on about how much an uncle (KT's brother) looked like William. It made me wonder, not about paternity, but about bonds. Could someone FEEL like they were a 'father figure' or 'mother figure' so strongly that they have William tucked away somewhere they perceive as 'safe' and 'theirs'? Not saying it was a relative - that's just my example IMHO. It seems interesting that this article is now posing a paternity question. Why now? To be honest, I can't see any other 'living' scenario, which is incredibly disheartening, so it is clutching at straws. But emotional reasons drive people to do things they might not ordinarily do, if that emotion is strong enough. I have full confidence in the investigative team, so no doubt this would have been checked. And where would you hide - not only young William, but yourself? It is difficult to hear 'all leads have been exhausted'. Where are you, William?

Very early on, sleuthers here looked at the relationship that key people around the bio parents seemed to have with William, respectfully of course. It's challenging to make any sense of why it would matter, but this latest article reminded me of a sleuther's comment early on about how much an uncle (KT's brother) looked like William. It made me wonder, not about paternity, but about bonds. Could someone FEEL like they were a 'father figure' or 'mother figure' so strongly that they have William tucked away somewhere they perceive as 'safe' and 'theirs'? Not saying it was a relative - that's just my example IMHO. It seems interesting that this article is now posing a paternity question. Why now? To be honest, I can't see any other 'living' scenario, which is incredibly disheartening, so it is clutching at straws. But emotional reasons drive people to do things they might not ordinarily do, if that emotion is strong enough. I have full confidence in the investigative team, so no doubt this would have been checked. And where would you hide - not only young William, but yourself? It is difficult to hear 'all leads have been exhausted'. Where are you, William?
Welcome back @WhiteLion^^. There were theories that William had been taken and hidden early on in the case, as you’ve described. I think any hope of William being alive at this stage is, as you say, clutching at straws. It is difficult to come to the conclusion that the only outcome is that William will be found to be deceased at his upcoming inquest but, I guess, we may have to reconcile ourselves to that fact. Just what happened to William and where he is, we may never know.

I remember reading The Morcombe’s book about Daniel and how upsetting this type of thing was for them. Even had them doing some of their own fruitless detective work, much like the poor Levesons when they were searching for Matty.

I wonder if people think about the consequences for the families of victims, if they happen to stumble upon articles like the latest one, when they put those types of things to print? Thank God for WS and their policy of being respectful to victims and their families. WS has certainly made me become more mindful of their suffering and the need not to risk adding to it.

Candace Sutton is not one of the most respected journos out there. There are a couple of petitions against her style of reporting ...

Both of these petitions can be found on the change.org petition website.

1. Candace Sutton uses her position as a writer for News Limited to write poorly researched and mostly inaccurate stories which of late have focused around trying to incite drama and violence between outlaw motorcycle clubs in Australia. Her preoccupation seems to be to incite drama to keep herself employed as a writer while News Limited lays off many of its staff.

2. At a time when people who have experienced childhood sexual abuse in an institution are telling the Royal Commissioner what happened to them, Candace has opportunistically used this as cover to publish an opinion piece declaring that victims of childhood sexual abuse are now potential paedophiles and should be treated the same way as convicted child molesters. This factually incorrect opinion piece will do untold damage to those victims of sexual abuse that have bravely come forward and told their story to the Royal Commission and potentially stop other victims from coming forward and telling their stories, potentially allowing paedophiles currently in the community to continue abusing children.

Candace Sutton is not one of the most respected journos out there. There are a couple of petitions against her style of reporting ...

Both of these petitions can be found on the change.org petition website.

1. Candace Sutton uses her position as a writer for News Limited to write poorly researched and mostly inaccurate stories which of late have focused around trying to incite drama and violence between outlaw motorcycle clubs in Australia. Her preoccupation seems to be to incite drama to keep herself employed as a writer while News Limited lays off many of its staff.

2. At a time when people who have experienced childhood sexual abuse in an institution are telling the Royal Commissioner what happened to them, Candace has opportunistically used this as cover to publish an opinion piece declaring that victims of childhood sexual abuse are now potential paedophiles and should be treated the same way as convicted child molesters. This factually incorrect opinion piece will do untold damage to those victims of sexual abuse that have bravely come forward and told their story to the Royal Commission and potentially stop other victims from coming forward and telling their stories, potentially allowing paedophiles currently in the community to continue abusing children.
Hey SA! :) Yep, I have little, bordering on no, respect for her style of ‘journalism’.

A little about William in this article re new FaCS laws:

‘[...] from next year, new laws pushed by [Pru Goward’s] department [ie; NSW FaCS] would require media to gain a coroner’s approval to identify a child who has died while in care.’

‘In the past, FACS has warned media against identifying children in care, using an interpretation of a privacy law now twice rejected twice by the courts.

When a woman on Facebook started saying missing boy William Tyrrell was a foster child, Goward’s department took her to the Supreme Court.

Justice Paul Brereton refused the injunction.

“Public scrutiny of the care system, if there has been a breakdown in it, is plainly a matter of public interest,” Justice Brereton found.

“Without wishing to suggest that it is the motive in this case, that also provides a reason for the Minister to embrace the view that disclosure is not in the child's interests.”

The department appealed, lost and then sought new laws, passed in November, that will explicitly prohibit naming children as having been in state care.

“The amendment strengthens pre-existing privacy measures for children,” a FACS spokeswoman said.

The changes also curb an exemption, requiring a coroner’s permission to reveal the past of children who have died.’

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/who-s-looking-for-katrina-20181207-p50kt2.html

Last edited:
A little about William in this article re new FaCS laws:

‘[...] from next year, new laws pushed by [Pru Goward’s] department [ie; NSW FaCS] would require media to gain a coroner’s approval to identify a child who has died while in care.’

‘In the past, FACS has warned media against identifying children in care, using an interpretation of a privacy law now twice rejected twice by the courts.

When a woman on Facebook started saying missing boy William Tyrrell was a foster child, Goward’s department took her to the Supreme Court.

Justice Paul Brereton refused the injunction.

“Public scrutiny of the care system, if there has been a breakdown in it, is plainly a matter of public interest,” Justice Brereton found.

“Without wishing to suggest that it is the motive in this case, that also provides a reason for the Minister to embrace the view that disclosure is not in the child's interests.”

The department appealed, lost and then sought new laws, passed in November, that will explicitly prohibit naming children as having been in state care.

“The amendment strengthens pre-existing privacy measures for children,” a FACS spokeswoman said.

The changes also curb an exemption, requiring a coroner’s permission to reveal the past of children who have died.’

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/who-s-looking-for-katrina-20181207-p50kt2.html

Just reading this article again and noticed this paragraph:

‘By the time the laws take effect in January, this story would have to treat Katrina as an anonymous child or leave out the fact she was a ward of the state.’

Are there any opinions on how this fact may impact on the reporting of William’s inquest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288