GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #65

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am obviously not Gitana, but why would she need an attorney? They told her at the outset she was free to leave at any time. They told her that she was free to refuse any question she did not want to answer.
Because she lost her job, her healthcare, her security, and her reputation, and she had the right to try to protect those things. No, they are not as important as 4 people being murdered, but they are important, too.

We know that SW noticed a change in CW, and it happened out of nowhere.

If he had other affairs, he clearly wasn’t impacted in the same way as the one with NK.

It appears that he killed to be with her, after all.
From the start I always found it a little odd that she took her girls to NC for five weeks. That’s a long time to be away from your husband, and the kids, their Dad. I wondered if they weren’t already having problems and discussed separating and perhaps she thought it might be a good idea to give him some space and so she went to NC. IIRC did tell her friends in NC and her Mom about things with CW. I remember thinking to myself, the last thing you want to do is leave your husband alone if you’re having problems!

You have missed the point.

This is about the PERSONAL DATA of those who, as far as we know, are NOT EVEN PERTINENT TO THE CASE being made public. NK's "friend" Jeff, whoever he is, and as far as we are currently privy too, has already been tracked down.

Now, if this guy is just a friend, and has NO BEARING ON THE CASE, and is not a witness, but is just some guy who happened to know NK - why is his personal data released??

That has NOTHING to do with the gov't. being beholding to the public. Zero.
Where did his name get released?

She could have lost her job the day before all this for no reason at all. CO is an at will state. So she has no case as far as employment is concerned.

Further, Anadarko had found emails between them that indicated they were in an affair. Perhaps such affairs between employees and contractors is not allowed.

How is her loss of reputation anyone’s fault but her own? She carried on with a married father, was less than forthcoming with LE, and then gave a media statement full of lies that she knew would be contradicted by discovery.

Does anybody know why CW has been transferred to WI as compared to PA? as we previously thought he might be headed to with J. Holmes?

P.S. The Allenwood Medium and High BOP prison are now off lockdown status.

jvzLYMx.png

I checked the marital house deed a moment ago. Still in C & S names. I thought perhaps her father had maybe taken title. I guess he can’t unless he pays the mortgage off, right? So, is foreclosure on the horizon?
Yeah, and who pays their debts?

Because, if you are smart, whenever you are part of a case of this magnitude, you need legal counsel as soon as LE is requesting your presence.

There is a misguided assumption that if a person is innocent, they don't need an atty.

Not true.
I agree. It's really always best to have an attorney present for any legal proceedings to protect your rights.

It's odd to me she didn't bring her attorney to the interviews with police investigators, but she certainly did bring him to present her PR schpiel and have glamour shots taken for the Denver Post. Then again, all evidence points to her being far more concerned with her public image than the horrific fate of Shanann and her babies. Fortunately that mindset came back to bite her. Karma.

Not true. He was the alibi, on the day of the crime, of the killer’s girlfriend. That hardly is zero.

He is not connected to the case, other than to say he was with her. If it comes out that he lied, or was somehow involved in the case other than "alibi", I'm sure we'll hear more later. But for now, why should his personal info. be released?

Because she lost her job, her healthcare, her security, and her reputation, and she had the right to try to protect those things. No, they are not as important as 4 people being murdered, but they are important, too.
She did not lose her job or anything because of the discovery docs being published. She had lost her job long before that.

Thank you. I know you have been trying to give her the benefit of the doubt. Does that change what you think about NK at all? You don't have to trash her, that's not what I'm looking for, but what kind of person says stuff like that about their supposed best friend? I feel like her words are a real eye opener into her personality and character. JMO.
As I said before, I think NK was a basket case. I think she said it in the context of Charlotte not putting the pieces together that CW was her new boyfriend. It is a word that is hurtful to many people, and I don’t approve of its use, but it doesn’t change my opinion that NK didn’t know how married CW was. I think she believed his lies. All of them. Everybody else did. And I believe that she wasn’t responsible for the murders, and I don’t think her life should have been destroyed because of them. Do I like her? No.

I can't contribute to these threads. I am trying and failing because the thread gets closed about when I get home from work in NZ and then by the time I get home again the next day, there's almost an entire new thread and I can barely reply to anything. But it feels like every page I do actually click in to, someone is having to defend poor Shanann AGAIN. On and on it goes. You don't have to look to Shanann to find a reason Chris did this. People say "oh it's not victim bashing, but it might have played a part". There is NOTHING Shanann could have done that would have justified or explained this atrocity, over the simple alternative of Chris walking out the door and not looking back.

I say - give up. Stop trying to find a reason in Shanann to explain why Chris did this. He's defective and impossible to understand. He is simply an impossible to understand person. I suspect that even if all the psychologists had full access to him, they would not be able to pinpoint what is wrong. He's just a defect.

Please let Shanann and her babies rest in peace.

Last edited:
Because, if you are smart, whenever you are part of a case of this magnitude, you need legal counsel as soon as LE is requesting your presence.

There is a misguided assumption that if a person is innocent, they don't need an atty.

Not true.
Absolutely! It is our right and it is to protect ourselves.
You never want to end up being an innocent person in prison because something you said.

Well, she lost her job, reputation, healthcare, because she was messing with a married employee.

Her fault.

She could have lost her job the day before all this for no reason at all. CO is an at will state. So she has no case as far as employment is concerned.

Further, Anadarko had found emails between them that indicated they were in an affair. Perhaps such affairs between employees and contractors is not allowed.

How is her loss of reputation anyone’s fault but her own? She carried on with a married father, was less than forthcoming with LE, and then gave a media statement full of lies that she knew would be contradicted by discovery.
Boom!

People are responsible for their actions. The consequences of those actions are theirs to bare.

There are real victims here. She is not one of them.

I’m sick of all this discussion involving her.

Excellent summation. I have what is probably an unpopular viewpoint here, but, here goes:
Shanann, on the other hand, rages on and on and on in texts about her mother in law. Driving her already f-ed up husband to the max.
What were these two doing?? End this charade and move on. But she hoped against hope.
I truly think Shanann and her husband were trying to live the suburban life to the hilt, with all the accoutrements, and "things".Appearances were everything. Was a baby going to make their relationship better?
Sadly, SW was so wrapped up in things that didn't matter that she didn't see this coming. And the children are the saddest part to me. To me, this is a morality tale. Not that anyone deserved this, of course. But, She didn't see it coming. When you live way beyond your means, are in debt, and are ranting against the wind all the time, I'm afraid bad things are bound to happen. Not this bad, but, bad. Both of them put their children at risk.
In terms of Shanann not seeing it coming, there is a very in depth analysis in "Inside the mind of Scott Peterson," of Lacis personality and the reason she missed all the red flags. It reminds me very much of the marriage between Shanann and Chris. Laci and Shanann shared many characteristics, and the desire to live a certain lifestyle was the most significant. They had similar goals and dreams.
It's much more complex than that, and since I've already mentioned it a few times before I won't go into any more detail. But I do think it's similar to Shananns marriage to Chris and like Scott and Laci, allowed many things to go unnoticed and helped to enable the perfect storm that ended in disaster.

She did not lose her job or anything because of the discovery docs being published. She had lost her job long before that.
Yes, but now she won’t be able to find one, and as of that last interview thought she’d have to move out of state and change her name. I think it’s too much punishment for having an affair.

In no way am I making light of these horrible murders, I am not, but at the same time I don’t see why people who had no knowledge of his crimes have to have their lives destroyed by losing their jobs, their healthcare, their security, and their privacy as a result of CW’s acts. They become his victims, too. IMOO

Who else lost their job beside NK and CW? NK lost her job before this info about her was released. She most likely lost it because of her own actions that went against company policies, not because of the actions of investigators nor the actions of CW. She used her work computer/work phone to carry on an affair with a married coworker. Many companies have strict rules against that sort of thing. I don't know what clause they used to fire her but I'm sure it was legit so that the company couldn't be sued later. They may have actually done her a favor in firing her because she will be able to collect unemployment for a while due to being fired. It will give her time to move somewhere else and get employment elsewhere. JMO.

I just don’t see it as that big of an issue. If it’s that bothersome to them, then change phone numbers, change friends, and be thankful they’re alive to do both.

Edited spelling
Try tolerating what the Rzuceks have had to deal with. On Sunday someone claiming to be a cousin, sent Sandy, SW's mother a FB post that announced Frankie Rzucek had committed suicide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong