GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #65

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree. That is why we have the word "redact". Any personal phone number, address, etc. that is not necessary for the public to see or hear, should not be made available.

I'm pretty sure that all records in this case haven't been made available, so far, we have not been privy to autopsy photos (thankfully!), and I am guessing probably never will be. And yet, those photos are part of the record. If, as you feel, ALL public records should be available to all, should those be made available?
I do not want to see them, and I hope they are not broadcast through the media, but yes, they should be available if requested. MOO.

Would that have happened if the murders didn’t happen?
Probably not. It would have been just another affair that nobody ever heard about. The murders are the only thing that make a difference. She may have ended up getting tired of him or if she stayed with him, she may have been the one to end up murdered. Imo

Thanks! I thought I had missing posts. I even went back several pages. I only found a few mentioning personality types, not bashing. IMO, we all interpret things differently. Kinda like the weather, I might think it stifling hot, you may think it’s perfect. IMO, to say someone has a controlling personality is no dif than saying someone is shy or loud.

There is a definition of a controlling personality and it isn't comparable to saying someone is shy or loud. A bossy or forceful person is not comparable to a controlling person either.
Controlling people can't control themselves so they control others, they don't respect boundaries or personal space. Mama Watts instigating the nutgate incident, and her speaking to CW's friend about the incident is a big sign of a controlling person.

Unfortunately, we like to take short cuts and use terms that are actually severe disorders without realizing it, for example, an organized, neat and tidy person has OCD. If one is aware of the disorder, it's seen as trivializing it or applying it to someone who hasn't got the condition.

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter about who Shanann was, it's about CW. FAs have killed wives who were shy and introverted or simply asked for a separation, this doesn't account for the children, why them? CW should be analyzed to get to the bottom of this, not Shanann.

From the start I always found it a little odd that she took her girls to NC for five weeks. That’s a long time to be away from your husband, and the kids, their Dad. I wondered if they weren’t already having problems and discussed separating and perhaps she thought it might be a good idea to give him some space and so she went to NC. IIRC did tell her friends in NC and her Mom about things with CW. I remember thinking to myself, the last thing you want to do is leave your husband alone if you’re having problems!

BBM
Unless you're giving him room to think or miss his family. Unfortunately, he didn't think logically or miss his family. He thought about how much he loved being free and wild. imo

Yes, but now she won’t be able to find one, and as of that last interview thought she’d have to move out of state and change her name. I think it’s too much punishment for having an affair.
I don't think anyone cares that she had an affair. It's her behavior during the investigation. The interview that she gave trying to look like a victim when she knew all along he was married. Searching for book deals. Its all about her. It goes deeper than an affair.

As I said before, I think NK was a basket case. I think she said it in the context of Charlotte not putting the pieces together that CW was her new boyfriend. It is a word that is hurtful to many people, and I don’t approve of its use, but it doesn’t change my opinion that NK didn’t know how married CW was. I think she believed his lies. All of them. Everybody else did. And I believe that she wasn’t responsible for the murders, and I don’t think her life should have been destroyed because of them. Do I like her? No.

IMO, that's like saying NK didn't know how pregnant Shanann was. Which is as ridiculous as saying NK didn't know "how married" CW was. The truth was there, she just didn't want to see it.

I don't think anyone cares that she had an affair. It's her behavior during the investigation. The interview that she gave trying to look like a victim when she knew all along he was married. Searching for book deals. Its all about her. It goes deeper than an affair.
Yes. When you get through listening to that 2 hours of self centered tripe, point me in the direction of the part where she says she is ashamed of her own behavior.

Try tolerating what the Rzuceks have had to deal with. On Sunday someone claiming to be a cousin, sent Sandy, SW's mother a FB post that announced Frankie Rzucek had committed suicide.

Yes, I saw that post. Absolutely disgusting...trash. And the Rzucek’s continue to show class, in light of that disgusting post.

I doubt it, based on the way the law is written. They'd probably have a tough time, in this case, proving that the marriage was peaceful and intact. Plus, they are a third party, not the spouse.

"In North Carolina, you may sue an individual who has caused a married person to suffer the loss of affection of their spouse, so long as the marriage was peaceful and intact at the time of the affair. ... The wrongful and malicious acts of the defendant produced the alienation of affection."

Here's one thing to remember. In civil law, there is nothing to gain if the person you are suing has nothing. You just spend lots of legal fees, and have to rehash and relive this horrible murder. She doesn't even have a home.

Now if she wrote a book and brought in millions, that might be a different story.

However, my belief is that Shanann's family wants to cherish their memories and heal. They don't want these murders to define who Shanann and her children were MOO.

<modsnip - quoted post removed>

You'll never believe it, but actually experts and professionals have already been studying "these tragedies" for decades now, and even have a pretty darn good idea of what the "commonalities" and causes are. There are thousands of books, studies, scholarly articles, and popular articles already published on exactly this subject. Many Websleuthers have posted links to some of the best of this information. You should really take a look.

Because guess what?

These are NOT "toxic relationships that erupt into murder." These are psychopaths, sociopaths, narcissists... ABUSERS. And to contradict a favorite myth of misogynists the world over, no, abuse victims do not "bring it on themselves." And no, FAs don't annihilate whole families because they were bullied and nagged by their meanie wives and "the mouse roared." If they were really so cowed, wouldn't they just pack a bag and disappear into the night? This whole fairytale scenario pushed by incels and MRAs simply does not hold up to logic or basic Psych 101.

Oh and yes, a man who kills two precious preschoolers who call him their hero and stuffs them into crude oil tank hatches and strangles a pregnant wife desperate to make him happy and save her family in her sleep is the very definition of THE DEVIL.

And I have serious questions about any hypothetical person who could empathize with him or would defend him.

Where is the vomiting emoji when you need it ?!

Last edited by a moderator:
Not at all

I don't want, or need, to know his name. Others on this website have said they do.

I am, and have been, a victims advocate off and on for many years. I do not like the idea of a person's privacy being bandied about on various websites, particularly via gov't. records. His info. should have been protected. Either via redaction if in written from, or scrubbing if in recorded form.

Anything else is bad form on the part of those releasing that data.
I was only trying to point out that on this small (but awesome!) website, we are a tiny group who is a little too obsessed with the details of this crime, and have been poring over the discovery documents since their release, and even we cant keep every detail straight. I think her friend, who did NOTHING wrong, will be just fine and will be able to move past his tiny mention among 2000 pages unscathed.
I have mixed feelings about which personal details should have been included, especially of those who believed they would remain private. But as the document stands, it belongs to the people. I appreciate your advocacy of those who may have been caught innocently in this horrific crime. MOO.

You have missed the point.

This is about the PERSONAL DATA of those who, as far as we know, are NOT EVEN PERTINENT TO THE CASE being made public. NK's "friend" Jeff, whoever he is, and as far as we are currently privy too, has already been tracked down.

Now, if this guy is just a friend, and has NO BEARING ON THE CASE, and is not a witness, but is just some guy who happened to know NK - why is his personal data released??

That has NOTHING to do with the gov't. being beholding to the public. Zero.
NK wasn't asked about Jim in the first place, was she? She was such a motor mouth, going off on tangent after tangent, why did she bring him up at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer