Australia - Toyah Cordingley, 24, body found on beach, 22 October 2018 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any posters within a certain locale or social network, that would like to help solve Toyahs murder, feel free to post your thoughts or whatever. As we know the powers that be will be watching. And YOU may be able to steer them in the right direction.

I don’t think it is slowing too much. I have strong suspicions but have to be mindful that I may not have obtained all my info in the appropriate websleuths way so can’t mention it. I know other members are in the same boat :)

The posts about this case are really slowing down. Yes it is disheartening. But is that going to help find out what ACTUALLY happened to Toyah. Who could easily be, our daughter, sister, niece, cousin or grand daughter. Remember anything that is written on this forum is being monitored. Even if someones off grid thoughts or idea gives the LE's an idea or a different avenue to pursue we are doing what we are on here for.
DO NOT GIVE UP ON TOYAH PLEASE.

Last edited:
I think it has to be one of two scenarios:
-Random psycho with no prior connection to Toyah
OR
-Someone known to Toyah who must have carefully schemed and then covered-up his involvement.

For it to be someone known to Toyah, we have to accept a bit of pre-meditation: knowing where she would be at what time, avoiding detection to allow him be at the same place at the same time (no incriminating texts, phone data, camera captures, etc), keeping cool enough to quickly dispose of items while still not being detected and possibly have in place some kind of alibi that will past muster as police sort thru all known contacts...

I think it is going to come down to phone data. I think that Toyah’s phone travelled through that intersection during that window of time police are focusing on. The area surrounding Wangetti beach is in a dead zone as are large chunks of areas further north. Police have probably issued warrants to all mobile providers and they are sifting through the data of all phone movements in and out of Wangetti. If it was a random, non-premeditated crime then that perpetrator was travelling in a car through that intersection and they will find him. And likewise, if it was a person known to Toyah, they will have had to have been very cagey...there will be loose ends ....And I still think police will find him.

Popping these mobile coverage maps (Optus, Telstra and Vodafone) here showing that providers will be able to give police ping data of any phone going in and out of Wangetti...

Attachments

• 378D7525-AFAE-4E99-BC7E-DB9A84C6783F.jpeg
    378D7525-AFAE-4E99-BC7E-DB9A84C6783F.jpeg
    110.4 KB · Views: 33
  • 0BEAB5F2-E7CE-4254-88E0-2B9A3818595A.jpeg
    0BEAB5F2-E7CE-4254-88E0-2B9A3818595A.jpeg
    107.1 KB · Views: 29
  • B6850370-48A9-4D8E-85C5-74CFED5AC2C0.jpeg
    B6850370-48A9-4D8E-85C5-74CFED5AC2C0.jpeg
    99.3 KB · Views: 29
I think it has to be one of two scenarios:
-Random psycho with no prior connection to Toyah
OR
-Someone known to Toyah who must have carefully schemed and then covered-up his involvement.

For it to be someone known to Toyah, we have to accept a bit of pre-meditation: knowing where she would be at what time, avoiding detection to allow him be at the same place at the same time (no incriminating texts, phone data, camera captures, etc), keeping cool enough to quickly dispose of items while still not being detected and possibly have in place some kind of alibi that will past muster as police sort thru all known contacts...

I think it is going to come down to phone data. I think that Toyah’s phone travelled through that intersection during that window of time police are focusing on. The area surrounding Wangetti beach is in a dead zone as are large chunks of areas further north. Police have probably issued warrants to all mobile providers and they are sifting through the data of all phone movements in and out of Wangetti. If it was a random, non-premeditated crime then that perpetrator was travelling in a car through that intersection and they will find him. And likewise, if it was a person known to Toyah, they will have had to have been very cagey...there will be loose ends ....And I still think police will find him.

Popping these mobile coverage maps (Optus, Telstra and Vodafone) here showing that providers will be able to give police ping data of any phone going in and out of Wangetti...
and so matching up toyahs phone pings with a number that went to other locations where her phone was, like wangetti etc
as well as through the roundabout

i think that bf and friend sharing a drink photo from fb had been taken from an earlier event before toyahs death, msm just used it out of context?

Yes I think in the article with that photo, a few days after her murder, it said 'taken last week' so before the murder. His eyes look really sad in that photo though, glassy.

I went through the cctv footage of the cars again, just to see if there are any white holdens in it. Car 21 - that appears slowed down in the vid - looks like one. I almost did a double take :confused: Anyway, I did a google reverse image and it matched with an isuzu d-max. Could it possibly be a holden? I'm pretty hopeless when it comes to identifying cars... Can't see any little stuck up posts for attaching roof-racks (?) which i saw on another vehicle, but my eyesight is fading. Can anyone see them on the roof here?

Attachments

• car 21.png
    car 21.png
    158.2 KB · Views: 15
  • car 21 closeup.png
    car 21 closeup.png
    70 KB · Views: 15
Stop discussing someone who is not named as a POI or suspect. Friends, family, etc of Toyah are victims too. Unfounded accusations or insinuations on the internet can quickly spiral into irreparable damage to someone's life and reputation. TOs will be issued to any members continuing this type of discussion.

I still can't get past that police are looking for (a) footage (b) suss activity at Lake Placid area & (c) weirdos on the beach. Could it be a weirdo? Doesn't mean he doesn't know Toyah, but their (police) interest leads me to believe she was possibly attacked by a weirdo on the beach... I think she probably made it as far as 800 mtrs, or as far back, as he could be hiding in the dunes. Perhaps some weirdo approached her - & her reaction incensed him..? He could also wash himself in the ocean given that area of wangetti is more isolated. Just a theory

Phone
Was her phone found at the scene or did the killer take it?

Baffles me why they would take it...
- low life/drug addict/thief who saw a dollar value in taking the phone
- love interest/obsession who wanted to spy on her phone/ personal information etc.
- somehow the phone connected the meeting (tinder, whatsapp, etc.) But surely police have accessed all this information by now? So maybe Toyah took video/ photo footage of her murderer as there was no reception in the area? In that case murderer would have panicked and taken phone to try and destroy once in a safer area.

If the phone was really taken by the killer, this couldnt be a well thought out murder and makes me think its one of the above. If so, police will catch them as that is a huge slip up.

I agree with earlier poster, the window of cars shown is hopefully when her phone pinged onto another tower to the South, I am guessing thats why theyre also interested in the cars that are exiting Clifton Rd onto the highway as they fall in this window also.

Car Colours
Theres a higher proportion of white cars in that clip than there is on average white cars on our roads statistically %
Probably just a coincidence, however maybe a tip off was for a white car? if its a white/silver car as the tip off then theres an extremely high % of them in this footage, much more than average.

Was the killer already at the beach?
If I had to make a guess I would say the killer was already there. Hypothetically if they followed Toyah down the beach to where it was secluded, they still wouldnt have a good awareness of who else is at the beach, etc. It would be a much higher risk.
Whereas if the killer was already there waiting down the end / bushes, they would know who else has been there, if theres anyone else around etc. They would feel more comfortable to do what they planned.

Was the killer known or unknown to Toyah ?
Theres a lot of comments in this forum that she was recently single that is a big piece of information if true... She may have been back on the dating scene, or at least testing the waters and was possibly was meeting someone at Wangetti. Now if you were a creep with the worst possible intentions and you wanted to meet a girl you wouldnt give out your number, a fake name possibly and organise it loosely "wangetti around 3 oclock - I'll be there fishing or I'll be there walking with my dogs" Or "I'll be here again same time next week if you happen to drop by." In this case they would have had to have met previously enough for Toyah to have enough trust to agree to another meeting. Toyah's friends would have the most chance of solving this - had she suggested anything recently about meeting an interesting person, at a dog park, beach etc. in the last few weeks?

Does anyone know, was she going to her ex boyfriends place in Port Douglas after Wangetti? Its a long way to drive from Cairns CBD.

If the killer is one of those vehicles and someone put a gun to my head to guess which one it is I would guess number 12. Just a gut feel.

Phone

- love interest/obsession who wanted to spy on her phone/ personal information etc.
- somehow the phone connected the meeting (tinder, whatsapp, etc.) But surely police have accessed all this information by now? So maybe Toyah took video/ photo footage of her murderer as there was no reception in the area? In that case murderer would have panicked and taken phone to try and destroy once in a safer area.

If the phone was really taken by the killer, this couldnt be a well thought out murder and makes me think its one of the above. If so, police will catch them as that is a huge slip up.

I agree with earlier poster, the window of cars shown is hopefully when her phone pinged onto another tower to the South, I am guessing thats why theyre also interested in the cars that are exiting Clifton Rd onto the highway as they fall in this window also.

Car Colours
Theres a higher proportion of white cars in that clip than there is on average white cars on our roads statistically %
Probably just a coincidence, however maybe a tip off was for a white car? if its a white/silver car as the tip off then theres an extremely high % of them in this footage, much more than average.

If I had to make a guess I would say the killer was already there. Hypothetically if they followed Toyah down the beach to where it was secluded, they still wouldnt have a good awareness of who else is at the beach, etc. It would be a much higher risk.
Whereas if the killer was already there waiting down the end / bushes, they would know who else has been there, if theres anyone else around etc. They would feel more comfortable to do what they planned.

Theres a lot of comments in this forum that she was recently single that is a big piece of information if true... She may have been back on the dating scene, or at least testing the waters and was possibly was meeting someone at Wangetti. Now if you were a creep with the worst possible intentions and you wanted to meet a girl you wouldnt give out your number, a fake name possibly and organise it loosely "wangetti around 3 oclock - I'll be there fishing or I'll be there walking with my dogs" Or "I'll be here again same time next week if you happen to drop by." In this case they would have had to have met previously enough for Toyah to have enough trust to agree to another meeting. Toyah's friends would have the most chance of solving this - had she suggested anything recently about meeting an interesting person, at a dog park, beach etc. in the last few weeks?

Does anyone know, was she going to her ex boyfriends place in Port Douglas after Wangetti? Its a long way to drive from Cairns CBD.

If the killer is one of those vehicles and someone put a gun to my head to guess which one it is I would guess number 12. Just a gut feel.
Why 12 rather than 6 (the other motorbike)? Another that struck me at first was 29, with two pushbikes on the back. But a lot of those cars have covered trays that could be concealing bikes.

Stop discussing someone who is not named as a POI or suspect. Friends, family, etc of Toyah are victims too. Unfounded accusations or insinuations on the internet can quickly spiral into irreparable damage to someone's life and reputation. TOs will be issued to any members continuing this type of discussion.
WELL SAID

Phone

Car Colours

Great post Jack 23 and Welcome!

Your point about phone is a good one...and your suggestion that perhaps Toyah took a photo of the perpetrator and he needed to dispose of it makes sense. If Wangetti is a true cellular dead spot, a phone without cloud support would only be able to store the photo locally on the device if there was no network. If he turned the phone off and then destroyed it he might not have realized that a switched off phone will still ping. The other reason I thought the phone may have been taken was to slow down the searchers...send them off on a wild goose chase, away from the body...perhaps the tide would come in and mess up the scene etc
Re cars: apparently 1/3 of cars in Aus are white and that number maybe greater in the hotter states. I zoomed in on a few carparks to check the ratios and I’d say the colours of the cars in the footage was pretty representative of the general spread.

And yes, #12 is one of the ones that gave me a strange feeling too.

Last edited:
Great post Jack 23 and Welcome!

Your point about phone is a good one...and your suggestion that perhaps Toyah took a photo of the perpetrator and he needed to dispose of it makes sense. If Wangetti is a true cellular dead spot, a phone without cloud support would only be able to store the photo locally on the device if there was no network. If he turned the phone off and then destroyed it he might not have realized that a switched off phone will still ping. The other reason I thought the phone may have been taken was to slow down the searchers...send them off on a wild goose chase, away from the body...perhaps the tide would come in and mess up the scene etc
Re cars: apparently 1/3 of cars in Aus are white and that number maybe greater in the hotter states. I zoomed in on a few carparks to check the ratios and I’d say the colours of the cars in the footage was pretty representative of the general spread.

And yes, #12 is one of the ones that gave me a strange feeling too.

Car #12 is a motorbike yes?

Re white car. Because Cairns is so hot, there are a larger number of white cars owned by locals. I have been asked this many times by tourists from cold climates. White cars are cooler than darker coloured cars, so locals prefer white cars.

Re phone and possessions. I can't find it now, but remember reading early in the investigation that Toyah's phone and car keys weren't found. Maybe killer took them both from her at scene along with clothes, or maybe took her car keys and returned to her car for phone etc. But if that was the case, surely he would have left DNA. My guess is she had her phone and car keys with her on the beach and they were taken by killer then.

Re position of killer
I do not believe a stranger would have known her preferred walk, therefore can not agree that the killer was waiting for her in the dunes. If anyone was waiting I believe it was someone who knew her movements while walking the dog.

Phone

Car Colours

What if someone was in the car with her? They met in Woree and went together? I wonder how they would get back, a taxi would be too identifiable same with an Uber. I am sure people would have already come forward. Perhaps a close loved one picked the individual up and is aware of the information or has concerns.
This does seem a bit far fetched for me, however it looks as though the culture of FNQ is to get a friend or friends together, take the dogs and explore lakes, beaches, tracks, go camping and swimming...

I think poor Toyah was attacked by either an unknown, or a slightly known (but obsessive) individual...?Just MOO

I went through some cairns police posts recently & saw there have been a few sexual assaults in Woree itself, over the past couple of years. Makes me wonder... if someone deviant noticed her??

What if someone was in the car with her? They met in Woree and went together? I wonder how they would get back, a taxi would be too identifiable same with an Uber. I am sure people would have already come forward. Perhaps a close loved one picked the individual up and is aware of the information or has concerns.
This does seem a bit far fetched for me, however it looks as though the culture of FNQ is to get a friend or friends together, take the dogs and explore lakes, beaches, tracks, go camping and swimming...

Easily answered by "I have to go to work/visit someone/etc" so I'll take my car.

It is certainly possible that Toyah's phone was still pinging, whether it was left on or perhaps the perpetrator/s attempted to destroy the phone at Wangetti to dispose of it elsewhere but unbeknownst to them it was still running and pinging once within reception.

In the Jill Meagher case I believe his movements were established in part by his own mobile pinging the same towers as Jills. Whether he switched off or attempted to destroy Jills phone I am not sure.

Has there been any evidence made public by LE to suggest whether Toyahs phone was destroyed or at least attempted to at the beach?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtandSims4