Found Deceased SPAIN - Amy Louise Gerard, 28, British woman, Tenerife, Canary Islands, 30 Nov 2018

Whaaat? This is all so weird.

Argument with BF isn’t good, but it was reported they went their separate ways, although I don’t know if that’s actually true or if they met up again. I’m thinking more of an accidental thing, but those rocks by that lighthouse don’t look that steep to me at all, so I just don’t have a feeling she “slipped” or whatever. On the other hand, those rocks are no joke, and all it takes is one misstep to hit your head and be knocked unconscious. My thing is, how did she get IN the water? She must have been super close to the water and just fell in if it was an accident. The currents there could be strong and like someone else mentioned — rip currents (especially if there is a structure like a jetty nearby). Those things are dangerous and have no mercy. And then, there is the more sinister theory as to how she ended up in the water — pushed or placed there.

Really weird re: the body. It couldn’t be identified, but we know it’s a woman? And we also don’t know the COD? Strange. Was it in bad condition perhaps? Maybe that means it has been there a while.

Everything is IMO.

Hoping the best for Amy and her loved ones!

I think that she was probably repeatedly (for days) thrown against the rocks by the ocean current and her head and face were therefore not recognizable anymore. They will now probably try to match dental or dna to be sure it is her.

There might be so much overall damage to the body that it is not possible to say what was the final blow. Skull, face, neck fractures, punctured lungs from broken ribs, etc. So they don't know which of these killed her or if she died prior to ending up in the ocean of causes not related to these injuries.

Thinking that if her ribcage was badly enough damaged water could have entered the lungs through an injury and therefore they can't even say whether she drowned or was already deceased when entering the water.

There are also sharks but I don't know if they come so close to shore.

I guess they will do further examinations and tests.

All moo.

I think that she was probably repeatedly (for days) thrown against the rocks by the ocean current and her head and face were therefore not recognizable anymore. They will now probably try to match dental or dna to be sure it is her.

There might be so much overall damage to the body that it is not possible to say what was the final blow. Skull, face, neck fractures, punctured lungs from broken ribs, etc. So they don't know which of these killed her or if she died prior to ending up in the ocean of causes not related to these injuries.

Thinking that if her ribcage was badly enough damaged water could have entered the lungs through an injury and therefore they can't even say whether she drowned or was already deceased when entering the water.

There are also sharks but I don't know if they come so close to shore.

I guess they will do further examinations and tests.

All moo.

Those are all very possible scenarios. Good points; I like the way you think!

Last night it emerged that Amy’s phone had connected to What’s App at 11.26pm on Thursday night an hour before she disappeared as she left Molly Malone Irish pub.

There have been reports she “rowed” with her German boyfriend Dennis Kissling, a fellow animal trainer. However the owner of Molly Malone dismissed this and said Amy and Dennis had been enjoying a night out with pals and then amicably gone “separate ways”.

Spanish cops are also said to be considering questioning Amy’s ex husband Ryan Docherty who now lives in Grimsby after the pair split up earlier this year.

A Spanish police source said:”This is all routine. We need to establish the background to her life.”

'Inconclusive' tests on body found in search for missing whale trainer

Does that mean that cause of death was drowning?

I don't know. The said they couldn't determine cod.

I'm not really sure what the statement means. Did she not have any injuries at all and the inability to id her was solely due to advanced decomposition? Or did she have injuries but for some reason they are able to tell these for not from "violence"? :confused:

Maybe they found her on cctv footage and saw she was alone?

It might also be a translation issue.

I'm bumping becasue this is just odd to me.

From the Sun article (Cops searching for missing Amy Gerard say body found in Tenerife shows 'no signs of violence')

Officials could not formally identify a woman's body found off the coast of the Puerto de la Cruz island where Amy worked because it had been “pounded by the sea against rocks” for several days.

Tenerife National Police said: "The apparent circumstances that led to the death of the woman found dead in the sea earlier this week do not seem to have been brought about by a violent act."

Saying this gently... Had a body been in the sea, pounded against rock for days, I'd imagine that body would certainly appear to have had violence propounded upon it...

I know there are experts in these fields but am so very curious how one could differentiate between the violence propounded upon a body by being thrown against rocks vs. the violence propounded upon a body by another person.

I have no clue what happened here and really assume this was accidental (I've had drinks and thought I could do things I really should not have been doing) but just found that statement so disconcerting. Are they attempting to make someone feel at ease?

Regardless, bumping for this beautiful woman. So very sad for those who knew and loved her...

In a normal autopsy they can easily tell whether injuries were caused when alive or dead. That said, I agree it must be difficult to differentiate when a body is in such bad condition. They must have been able to rule out obvious things like strangulation / shooting / stabbing, but I expected the verdict to be drowning (which should be the case if she accidentally fell in) and apparently that's not what killed her. So, in conclusion, I dunno...

Tragedy in Tenerife as family confirm death of Amy Gerard
“The police investigation is ongoing and there is no further information to share at this time."

A post mortem carried out the day after the body was pulled from the water was unable to ascertain her cause of death but it is understood police's favoured theory is that she ended up in the sea by accident.

23 DEC 2018

Amy Gerard 'could have been crime victim' as probe into her death takes new turn

The judicial investigation into the killer whale trainer's death in Tenerife is now the subject of a secrecy order - an exceptional measure adopted to safeguard the case by trying to minimise publicity

The investigation into Amy Gerard’s death in Tenerife has taken a new turn as it emerges a secrecy order has been placed over the court probe.

Police initially appeared to rule out the existence of a crime three days after a woman’s body Amy’s family later confirmed as hers was recovered from the sea off the northern coast city of Puerto de la Cruz.

But today it has been revealed that the judicial investigation is now the subject of a secrecy order - an exceptional measure adopted to safeguard the probe by trying to minimise publicity.

A well-placed source said this showed investigators had not ruled out the idea the killer whale trainer could have been the victim of a crime.

Amy Gerard 'could have been crime victim' as probe into her death takes new turn

I am on vacation in Puerto de la Cruz and there are no signs about Amy anywhere.
I'll be hiking across the beaches and coastline today.
I can't find the place she was last seen when she went missing, does anyone have it on a map?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zorba347
Back