MO - Kara Kopetsky, 17 - 2007; Jessica Runions, 21 - 2016; found deceased - *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the article it sounds like they have 3 other witnesses that Yust confessed to.... hoping they DO have a case!

And the article said trial hasn't been set. It has - on Oct. 1st set for Jury Selection on 10/31/19 & trial start 11/4/19.

I don't think they will be dropping the murder charge for Jessica. They have a strong case without JC, though I still strongly suspect something dodgy with his death. Are they allowed to use a recording of his statement to LE?

It is my belief(and always was) that JC knew about both of the murders. When I had questioned him about KK's murder, he was clearly lying about what he knew. Obviously, I can't be 100% sure of this, but thought there was a very good chance he was aware of something. I had considered him as a potential suspect as either someone that knew what happened or possibly an accessory, going back to 2011.

JC wasn't going to say a word about JR's, if it wasn't for the police pulling them over 2 hours after the burning of JR's vehicle, in which, JC, KY and Crystal were all seen together. There was also some very strange facebook activity, right after JR's went missing from JC.

Don't be 100% sure they will throw away the key on KY, just because he confessed to the murders. I will also say I wouldn't be totally shocked if he gets out of this, especially now that JC is gone.

It is my belief(and always was) that JC knew about both of the murders. When I had questioned him about KK's murder, he was clearly lying about what he knew. Obviously, I can't be 100% sure of this, but thought there was a very good chance he was aware of something. I had considered him as a potential suspect as either someone that knew what happened or possibly an accessory, going back to 2011.

JC wasn't going to say a word about JR's, if it wasn't for the police pulling them over 2 hours after the burning of JR's vehicle, in which, JC, KY and Crystal were all seen together. There was also some very strange facebook activity, right after JR's went missing from JC.

Don't be 100% sure they will throw away the key on KY, just because he confessed to the murders. I will also say I wouldn't be totally shocked if he gets out of this, especially now that JC is gone.
When did KY confess to the murders? I must have missed it.

Kylr Yust charged with murder in Kara Kopetsky, Jessica Runions deaths
According to a probable cause statement, at least four people over the years told investigators that Yust confessed to them that he choked Kopetsky — who was last seen in May 2007 leaving Belton High School — until she stopped breathing. He told one friend he packed his estranged girlfriend’s body and discarded her remains into a wooded area. Yust said to another friend that authorities would never find the body.

in 2011 Documents unveil alleged confession and new clue in Kara Kopetsky case - NBCActionNews.com - Kansas City
“I’ve killed people before, even ex-girlfriends out of sheer jealousy,” a report quotes the victim as telling police Yust said during the attack. “I will kill you.”

"I killed Kara,” is what one Kansas City Police report states a man police consider a person of interest in the case told a witness in 2007.

The witness told Kansas City police he asked the friend to stop talking at the time because “he was scared to hear about a murder.”

The witness told police both he and his friend “were extremely intoxicated.” He also told police he does not remember details about the murder or a possible location of Kopetsky’s body.

Here are the doc links:
AnOminousLi (anominousli) | Scribd

Kylr Yust charged with murder in Kara Kopetsky, Jessica Runions deaths
According to a probable cause statement, at least four people over the years told investigators that Yust confessed to them that he choked Kopetsky — who was last seen in May 2007 leaving Belton High School — until she stopped breathing. He told one friend he packed his estranged girlfriend’s body and discarded her remains into a wooded area. Yust said to another friend that authorities would never find the body.

in 2011 Documents unveil alleged confession and new clue in Kara Kopetsky case - NBCActionNews.com - Kansas City
“I’ve killed people before, even ex-girlfriends out of sheer jealousy,” a report quotes the victim as telling police Yust said during the attack. “I will kill you.”

"I killed Kara,” is what one Kansas City Police report states a man police consider a person of interest in the case told a witness in 2007.

The witness told Kansas City police he asked the friend to stop talking at the time because “he was scared to hear about a murder.”

The witness told police both he and his friend “were extremely intoxicated.” He also told police he does not remember details about the murder or a possible location of Kopetsky’s body.

Here are the doc links:
AnOminousLi (anominousli) | Scribd
Thank God his day is coming. What a *advertiser censored* head of a human.

Tuesday, January 22nd:
*Status Hearing (@ CT) – MO – Kara Elise Kopetsky (17) (May 4, 2007) & Jessica S. Runions (21) (Sept. 8, 2016) – *Kylr Charles Yust (29/18 in 2007) indicted (3/1/18) & arraigned (6/18/18) on 2 counts of 1st degree & 2 counts of abandonment of a corpse; plead not guilty; $1M cash only bond; originally charged with burning Jessica’s car.
Trial was set to begin 10/23/17 rescheduled for 11/4/19; felony charges for arson dismissed on Oct. 5, 2017.
3/1/18: waived his prelim hearings. 6/18: Arraignment. 7/18/18: Motion hearing held. Parties pass on the Change of Venue motion. Court denies Motion for defendant to change to civilian clothes for pre-trial hearings. 10/1/18: Change of venue & trial date set. Jury selection on 10/31/19, trial set for 11/4/19 & should run 2 weeks. Trial will be held in Cass County & jurors will be from St. Charles County. Status hearing on 1/22/19.

Jury Selection is scheduled to begin Oct 31, 2019 though there may be some minor things in between.

In the court, Yust's public defender, Sharon Turlington, said she's booked with other trials through September 2019.

Turlington added she has to review at least 12,000 pages of documents and hours of video.

The Cass County prosecutor agreed and said they'll need at least eight days to go over evidence once the trial begins.

Jury selection will begin Oct. 31, 2019. Attorneys for both sides agreed in September that the trial will take place in Cass County, but the jury will be with residents from St. Charles County across the state.

The trial itself is set to begin Nov. 4, 2019. They've blocked out two weeks for the trial.
Kylr Yust murder trial set for next year

Monday, April 15th:
*Case Review Hearing (@ 1:30pm CT) – MO – Kara Elise Kopetsky (17) (May 4, 2007) & Jessica S. Runions (21) (Sept. 8, 2016) – *Kylr Charles Yust (29/18 in 2007) indicted (3/1/18) & arraigned (6/18/18) on 2 counts of 1st degree & 2 counts of abandonment of a corpse. Plead not guilty. $1M cash only bond; originally charged with burning Jessica’s car.
Trial was set to begin 10/23/17 rescheduled for 11/4/19; felony charges for arson dismissed on Oct. 5, 2017.
3/1/18: waived his prelim hearings. 6/18: Arraignment. 7/18/18: Motion hearing held. Parties pass on the Change of Venue motion. Court denies Motion for defendant to change to civilian clothes for pre-trial hearings. 10/1/18: Change of venue & trial date set. Jury selection on 10/31/19, trial set for 11/4/19 & should run 2 weeks. Trial will be held in Cass County & jurors will be from St. Charles County. Status hearing on 1/22/19.
1/22/19 Update: Had motion hearing on 2/22 re Discovery/DNA. Case Review hearing on 4/15. Trial set for 11/4/19.

looks like this wasn't linked previous. Leaving here for continuity:
Attorney calls for FBI probe into Carter's death
Court records show Carter was likely a key witness in the murder trial of his half-brother, Kylr Yust.
41 Action News Reporter Andres Gutierrez spoke with Carter last year about the case against his brother and his concern for the Kopetsky and Runions families.

"We want them to feel better at night that he's finally put away. I'm not okay and my family is not okay with anything that he did," Carter said in October 2017 .

But with Carter's death, he said a judge may allow a recording of Carter or a detective who interviewed him to testify to what he said.

"Depending on the information that he would have given to the prosecutors and testified to in court, it could be devastating to their case," Service said.

bumping up for @Vail - can you access Missouri court sites? If so, can find the next court date for me? TIA! :)

bumping up for @Vail - can you access Missouri court sites? If so, can find the next court date for me? TIA! :)

Here you go! Looks like Jun 3. Details from April 15 below.

17CA-CR00957-01 - ST V KYLR CHARLES YUST
Charged :
Murder 1st Degree { Felony A RSMo: 565.020 } (x2)

Abandonment Of A Corpse { Felony D RSMo: 194.425 } (x2)

Upcoming Hearings:

MONDAY, JUNE 3, 2019
Judge/Commissioner Time Day Setting Event
WILLIAM B COLLINS 1:30 PM 1 OF 1 Case Review
Event Text: Location: DIVISION I COURTROOM Cass
Address: Cass County Justice Center 2501 West Mechanic HARRISONVILLE MO

MONDAY, NOV 4, 2019 - FRIDAY, NOV 15, 2019
Judge/Commissioner Time Day Setting Event
WILLIAM B COLLINS 9:00 AM 1 OF 1 Jury Trial
Event Text: Location: DIVISION I COURTROOM Cass
Address: Cass County Justice Center 2501 West Mechanic HARRISONVILLE MO

Past Hearings:
04/15/2019 Case Review Scheduled
Scheduled For: 06/03/2019; 1:30 PM ; WILLIAM B COLLINS; Cass
Case Review Held
State appears by Assistant Prosecutor, Julie Tolle. Defendant appears in person and by counsel, Sharon Turlington. Review hearing held. Cause continued by agreement to 06/3/19 at 1:30 PM for review. WBC/kf
Scheduled For: 04/15/2019; 1:30 PM ; WILLIAM B COLLINS; Cass
Response Filed
Supplemental Response as of April 15; Electronic Filing Certificate of Service.
Filed By: JULIE L TOLLE
Response Filed
Response to Third Supplemental Request; Electronic Filing Certificate of Service.
Response Filed
Response to Second Supplemental Request; Electronic Filing Certificate of Service.

04/05/2019 Proposed Order Filed
Proposed Order; Electronic Filing Certificate of Service.
Filed By: SHARON RENEE TURLINGTON
On Behalf Of: KYLR CHARLES YUST
Motion Filed
Defendants motion for the state to produce jail phone calls of Kylr Yust, Jessep Carter and Brandon Connor; Electronic Filing Certificate of Service.
Motion for Discovery
DefendantsThird Supplemental Request for discovery; Electronic Filing Certificate of Service.
Notice of Hearing Filed
Notice of Hearing; Electronic Filing Certificate of Service.
Waiver of Rights
Waiver of Appearance; Electronic Filing Certificate of Service.

03/26/2019 Response Filed
Supplemental Response to Discovery; Electronic Filing Certificate of Service.

03/04/2019 Case Review Scheduled
Associated Entries: 04/15/2019 - Case Review Held
tree-collapse_button.jpg

Scheduled For: 04/15/2019; 1:30 PM ; WILLIAM B COLLINS; Cass
Hearing Continued/Rescheduled
Hearing Continued From: 03/04/2019; 1:30 PM Case Review
Motion for Continuance
Motion to continue hearing; Electronic Filing Certificate of Service.
Filed By: ROBERT WINTHROP LUNDT

02/27/2019 Waiver of Rights
Waiver of personal appearance; Electronic Filing Certificate of Service.

02/22/2019 Notice of Hearing Filed
Notice of Hearing; Electronic Filing Certificate of Service.
Motion for Discovery
Motion for Discovery of DNA Evidence; Electronic Filing Certificate of Service.
Motion for Discovery
Second Supplemental Motion for Discovery; Electronic Filing Certificate of Service.

01/15/2019 Case Review Scheduled
Associated Entries: 03/04/2019 - Hearing Continued/Rescheduled
Scheduled For: 03/04/2019; 1:30 PM ; WILLIAM B COLLINS; Cass
Hearing Continued/Rescheduled
Cause continued to March 04, 2019 at 1:30 PM per agreement of parties.
Hearing Continued From: 01/22/2019; 1:30 PM Case Review
Order for Continuance
Correspondence Filed
Email from state

01/14/2019 Motion for Continuance
Motion to Reschedule Case Review; Proposed Order; Electronic Filing Certificate of Service. Forwarded to Judge for review

01/04/2019 Response Filed
Supplemental Response to Discovery; Electronic Filing Certificate of Service.

01/03/2019 Request Filed
Defendants first supplemental discovery request; Electronic Filing Certificate of Service.

12/26/2018 Motion to Transfer Custody
Motion to Transfer Defendant; Electronic Filing Certificate of Service. Forwarded to Judge for review

04/05/2019 Proposed Order Filed
Proposed Order; Electronic Filing Certificate of Service.
Motion Filed
Defendants motion for the state to produce jail phone calls of Kylr Yust, Jessep Carter and Brandon Connor;

Quoting the above to highlight this bit. What could be on these calls that could possibly help his case?

Quoting the above to highlight this bit. What could be on these calls that could possibly help his case?

Discussion of a false scenario? Denial? Could be any little bit of BS that makes Yust sound the tiniest bit innocent. (Ewwww..... typing the words Yust & innocent in the same sentence made me gag).

Discussion of a false scenario? Denial? Could be any little bit of BS that makes Yust sound the tiniest bit innocent. (Ewwww..... typing the words Yust & innocent in the same sentence made me gag).

I am really interested in his lawyer's game and whether she actually believes he is innocent. I am wondering if these calls can in any way implicate Jessup and their plan is to pin it on him when he has no way to defend himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998