GUILTY KY - Josephine Bulubenchi, 3, slain by uncle who slit her throat, Albany, Clinton County, 8 Dec 2018

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
A 3-year-old Clinton County girl died at University of Kentucky Children’s Hospital Sunday evening following a violent attack, allegedly by her uncle.

The death of Josephine Bulubenchi is being listed as a homicide. She died at 5:23 p.m. Sunday, more than a day after her uncle allegedly slit her throat.

The arrested suspect, Emanuel Fluter, 33, was living with his sister Simona Bulubenchi’s family. Simona’s husband, Benjamin Bulubenchi, heard the child’s screams on a baby monitor and rushed into the room to find his daughter’s throat slit. He was also cut by Fluter.

Four other children were also in the room. Josephine is one of nine children.

3-year-old girl whose throat was slit has died; uncle faces murder charge after attack
Sheriff: Uncle cut 3-year-old Kentucky girl's throat

IMG_3673.JPG

3-year-old Josephine Bulubenchi, far right in the red dress

Oh my dear Lord!
How and why could this have happened?!?
The horror that precious child endured, and the trauma the rest of the children will face having been in the same room as this shocking assault! I can only surmise it must have been a total psychotic break from reality that set this in motion. How else could it be explained?!?

Oh my dear Lord!
How and why could this have happened?!?
The horror that precious child endured, and the trauma the rest of the children will face having been in the same room as this shocking assault! I can only surmise it must have been a total psychotic break from reality that set this in motion. How else could it be explained?!?

Agreed. What an awful horrible thing to happen. The poor little girl and all her family :(

I don't usually click on cases in this section because they're all so full of such horrors that I can't even bear to read them. But my heart goes out to all the children and all the families with situations like this happening :(

Family of man accused of killing 3-year-old niece says he loved his family (with clip)

"ALBANY, Ky. (WKYT) - Emanuel Flutur is facing charges of killing his 3-year-old niece Josephine Bulubenchi and attacking his brother-in-law. It happened inside the family's home on Beaty Creek Road in rural Clinton County early Saturday morning, and are actions foreign to his family and those he grew up with.

“I want people to know that he loved his nieces and loved his nephews," said Dariu Flutur, the suspect's brother. "He loved us. He loved me and his sister.”

Flutur's court-appointed attorney entered a plea of not guilty on all charges Tuesday. Relatives say it's unreal what has happened to their close-knit Christian family in the last few days from the actions of a man they say has had mental health problems.

"He has a mental condition that he suffers with since he was in the army," said Dariu. "It's tough for us to understand. Because of what happened."

Flutur is accused of taking the life of Josephine Bulubenchi, also known as “Bay-Bay,” one of his sister's nine children....

Flutur remains in jail on million dollars bond. He will be back in court on December 18th...."

Family of man accused of killing 3-year-old niece says he loved his family

josephine-bulubenchi-1.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, Dec. 18th:
*Arraignment Hearing (@ ET) – KY – Josephine Bulubenchi (3 yrs) (Dec. 8, 2018, Albany; had throat slit by uncle) - *Emanuel Fluter (33) arrested & charged (12/11/18) with murder, 2 counts of 1st degree assault & 4 counts of wanton endangerment. Plead not guilty. $500K bond.

Sheriff: Kentucky uncle used kitchen knife in 3-year-old niece's death

ALBANY, Ky (WKYT) - Clinton County Sheriff Jim Guffey testified Tuesday during a preliminary hearing in the case of an uncle who is accused of killing his 3-year-old niece.
Emmanuel Fluter's case was sent to a grand jury following Tuesday's preliminary hearing....
[.....]
Guffey revealed new details during his testimony in district court, saying the weapon used to kill the young girl was a 14-inch kitchen knife. He also outlined a series of events that started with the 911 call made early Saturday morning.
[.....]
Family members tell WKYT Flutur was not himself when the attack happened. They said his actions were foreign to them and that he loved his nieces and nephews. They said he was separated from reality when the attacked happened, but they said he is sorry for what he did.

The judge made changes to Flutur's bond. He remains in jail on a $1 million bond.

So - "how" DO you spell this guy's last name. I've seen it both ways (bold) in various different articles.
Have been trying to find him in Clinton County & yes, have tried both spellings and nothing came up. I just noticed in this article his first name is spelled with two m's. So will try that too! :)

Clinton Co. Police: Man Slit 3-Year-old Niece’s Throat

According to this report, they don't have a picture of the uncle who slit his niece's throat because "HE IS TOO VIOLENT" to get a photo! I cannot imagine what happened at this home with 9 children (the uncle was staying with the couple and their children). BBM
For 3 years I worked at a Jail Booking facility, where mug shots were taken. In Texas there are requirements for that picture: eyes forward, ear visible on the side photo, no "extra" hands in the photo. Those are the most frequent problems. I've used the "too violent" as a reason to wait to take the photo. There's also "too drunk to stand" option.

@SeesSeas - this is an oldie - see if you can find anything, ok? TIA! :)
I don’t find FREE online access to KY criminal court records.
Public Information for the Public
KYeCourts - Guest Login
FLUTUR, EMANUEL (D)
• CLINTON : 19-CR-00005
COMMONWEALTH VS. FLUTUR, EMANUEL M

At this link for Docket Information
KCOJ Docket, I viewed the docket calendar for circuit court dates in CLINTON County from 4/26/19 to 5/31/19 and did not find any court events for FLUTUR, EMANUEL M

Criminal Record Reports Criminal Record Reports

Criminal Record Reports
The Administrative Office of the Courts offers criminal record reports to individuals, businesses, licensing agencies, government entities and others for a $25 fee.
The information comes from CourtNet 2.0, the AOC’s statewide database that collects court information from the local case management system in all 120 Kentucky counties.

Thanks for checking on this one. Guess we shall just have to wait for news articles.

Just bumping up to see if any one has anything new....

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back