Season 2 Episode 9

missy1974

Reaction score
Released on October 19, 2018 on Netflix

A HA! I knew Coburn was calling that tag in!!
Why is Scott T still with Barb? He is bad news. IMO

New witness provides the key that explains the Colburn call regarding Teresa's vehicle.

One step closer to finding out what really happened.

Starts off with discussion of the lights seen on the Avery property at night.

About 4 minutes in, Zellner is talking about the trucker (Kevin Rahmlow) that sees the RAV4 on November 3rd. Trucker says he told a cop on the 4th where to find the vehicle. Trucker says the cop he told was Colburn. Trucker tells Scott Tadych about this, Scott does NOTHING with this information. They have the texts.
7:45 The place where the trucker saw the RAV4 was just off of property Scott Tadych owns.

11:30 Zellner talks about how Colburn was the one that received the exculpatory evidence in Steven's original wrongful conviction for rape, the one he did nothing about and how that parallels events with the RAV4.

Around the time Colburn calls in the license for the RAV4, Ryan Hillegas gets 22 phone calls from law enforcement (according to the phone company).

18 minutes in, Zellner talking about the day planner. Teresa has to pull over to jot something down in the planner. This is VERY compelling stuff. In the top 10 moments of MaM2.

Bunch of stuff about Brendan's appeals.

48 minutes, Steven's mom gets her hair done.

52:45 The Teresa reenactment thing starts.

'Trucker says he told a cop on the 4th where to find the vehicle. Trucker says the cop he told was Colburn.'

Trucker = Kevin Rahmlow.

He said after watching MaM he recognised the MTSO officer he saw at Cenex as AC.

http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-c...tion-for-Reconsideration-Exhibits.pdf#page=18

Though it looks like AC wasn't at work that day and KR told another MTSO officer Ryan (no surname) who can be heard calling dispatch about it

It also looks like AC arrested KR for drinking driving in 2006 and that could be where he recognised him from and not from Cenex.

https://i.imgur.com/YBWtzVc.png

You can't see Colburn's name on that exhibit though, it appears to be blacked out.

@LifeCitizen and that is why I am sceptical of those that come forward years later...

Not saying he didn't tell a LE officer... maybe he did, but recognizing Colborn years later after watching MaM1... I dunno...

@LifeCitizen and that is why I am sceptical of those that come forward years later...

Not saying he didn't tell a LE officer... maybe he did, but recognizing Colborn years later after watching MaM1... I dunno...

Yeah. I don't know. If they have text messages from back in the day, sort of confirms he did tell SOMEONE. Was is Colburn? I don't know. But if it was someone else, that means at least 2 LEOs were aware of the car and sat on the information. That is just a little bit less troubling than the idea that the cops killed Teresa and planted everything.

In that dispatch call 'Ryan' didn't specifically say anything about the RAV- he asked about a missing girl but did say he heard on the grapevine about 'all this stuff' which could have included KR telling him about the RAV. The dispatcher says that 'yes there's a missing person from Calumet County but no I don't think it's the person you're thinking of dead in Manitowoc'.

I presume the dead girl was Carmen Boutwell who died of an overdose I think the same day TH was reported missing.

Last edited:
'Yeah. I don't know. If they have text messages from back in the day, sort of confirms he did tell SOMEONE.'

KR texted ST about it.

See exhibit C.

http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-c...tion-for-Reconsideration-Exhibits.pdf#page=18

KR stated he didn't hear back from ST but you can see a reply from ST, though you can't see the whole thing.

'But if it was someone else, that means at least 2 LEOs were aware of the car and sat on the information.'

That's what I thought- really it doesn't matter if it was AC who KR told, or another officer. The outcome could have been the same.

I seem to recall Zellner suggests this habit of not making out reports in a timely manner gives law enforcement employees some deniability in the official record.

i find kevin rahmlov's story credible...
i don't find colborn credible though:)

really... maybe he did want to double-check reg. the RAV4, i don't think that there is anything suspicious about that. but, what he not did in 95, and in 05.. is highly suspicious.
sometimes it's the things we don't do, that speak volumes. and it takes no effort, not to do something. and you don't have to explain yourself too much afterwards..

Yeah. I don't know. If they have text messages from back in the day, sort of confirms he did tell SOMEONE. Was is Colburn? I don't know. But if it was someone else, that means at least 2 LEOs were aware of the car and sat on the information. That is just a little bit less troubling than the idea that the cops killed Teresa and planted everything.

I believe the text messaged were from December 2016, after the guy watched MaM1. Like I said, not saying he didn't say something to a LE officer, but I don't think it was Colborn. Colborn was not even working on the 4th. So unless Colborn was in uniform at the gas station that day (and that can be proven) I don't think it was him. JMO

ETA: yep 2016, thanks @LifeCitizen for the exhibit :)

'Yeah. I don't know. If they have text messages from back in the day, sort of confirms he did tell SOMEONE.'

KR texted ST about it.

See exhibit C.

KR stated he didn't hear back from ST but you can see a reply from ST, though you can't see the whole thing.

'But if it was someone else, that means at least 2 LEOs were aware of the car and sat on the information.'

That's what I thought- really it doesn't matter if it was AC who KR told, or another officer. The outcome could have been the same.

I believe the text messaged were from December 2016, after the guy watched MaM1. Like I said, not saying he didn't say something to a LE officer, but I don't think it was Colborn. Colborn was not even working on the 4th. So unless Colborn was in uniform at the gas station that day (and that can be proven) I don't think it was him. JMO

Yeah I typed what I did while under the influence of a sleepy brain. 2016 and 2006 are the same year if you are sleepy enough. haha

I think it was AC, I believe KR's account, who said he was startled when he saw AC when he watched Mam1 in "January" per MaM2 (2018?)

My thought is AC, Lenk, Petersen were plotting between themselves for weeks, maybe months looking for a way, ANYTHING, to take SA down.
They were about to be the punching bags, and they were desperate and no big deal to put your uniform on. They knew TH's last stop was SA, this was potentially the break they were looking for.

I recall AC apparently used his cell to call in SWH 582, instead of calling in from his patrol car radio, which is probably why he had to call it in at all, otherwise he may have been able to look it up on car computer (but not sure Oct 2005).

Last edited:
I think it was AC, I believe KR's account, who said he was startled when he saw AC when he watched Mam1 in "January" per MaM2 (2018?)

My thought is AC, Lenk, Petersen were plotting between themselves for weeks, maybe months looking for a way, ANYTHING, to take SA down.
They were about to be the punching bags, and they were desperate and no big deal to put your uniform on. They knew TH's last stop was SA, this was potentially the break they were looking for.

I recall AC apparently used his cell to call in SWH 582, instead of calling in from his patrol car radio, which is probably why he had to call it in at all, otherwise he may have been able to look it up on car computer (but not sure Oct 2005).

If KR hadn't been pulled over and given a DUI in 2006, I think I would believe him. I do think he was startled and recognized Colborn; however, I think it was more about being drunk and fuzzy headed in 2006 when he was charged. And don't get me wrong, I do believe that he said something to an officer, I am just not sure it as Colborn.

If KR hadn't been pulled over and given a DUI in 2006, I think I would believe him. I do think he was startled and recognized Colborn; however, I think it was more about being drunk and fuzzy headed in 2006 when he was charged. And don't get me wrong, I do believe that he said something to an officer, I am just not sure it as Colborn.

More on my point that AC, Lenk were heavily involved in searching for TH, AC spoke with SA on afternoon of 11/03 per report page 4 paragraph 2

http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-c...-Summary-Report-on-Homicide-Investigation.pdf

To me, there is nothing that doesn't make sense that it could have been AC. I respectfully think your only reason for thinking it wasn't AC, it because he may not have been "on the clock", however that doesn't mean he wasn't at the gas station.

Ha, if I had just planted evidence I wouldn't want to be "on the clock" either, he didn't even charge Manitowoc for his service that night, what a guy.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181210-200424_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20181210-200424_Drive.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
More on my point that AC, Lenk were heavily involved in searching for TH, AC spoke with SA on afternoon of 11/03 per report page 4 paragraph 2

http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-c...-Summary-Report-on-Homicide-Investigation.pdf

To me, there is nothing that doesn't make sense that it could have been AC. I respectfully think your only reason for thinking it wasn't AC, it because he may not have been "on the clock", however that doesn't mean he wasn't at the gas station.

Ha, if I had just planted evidence I wouldn't want to be "on the clock" either, he didn't even charge Manitowoc for his service that night, what a guy.

Could be, but unfortunately because Colborn was the arresting officer for his 2006 charge, it's a bit unclear to me. Plus we have an officer Ryan calling into dispatch saying he was at the Cenex (spelling?) where KR says he told a LE officer about seeing the vehicle. I still think that if anyone was "in on it", it was Colborn, that key is just way to suspicious for me ;-)

I recall something coming up in trial about what Colborn was doing on the 4th, but neither Strang or the State elaborated on it, wish they had!

Could be, but unfortunately because Colborn was the arresting officer for his 2006 charge, it's a bit unclear to me. Plus we have an officer Ryan calling into dispatch saying he was at the Cenex (spelling?) where KR says he told a LE officer about seeing the vehicle. I still think that if anyone was "in on it", it was Colborn, that key is just way to suspicious for me ;-)

I recall something coming up in trial about what Colborn was doing on the 4th, but neither Strang or the State elaborated on it, wish they had!

I see your point a little better, but I still feel there are reasonable possible explanations regarding KR's drunkenness in 2006, 1) perhaps was too drunk to observe and remember faces/names or 2) was handled by another deputy but shift commander AC was listed as the arresting. These are just possibilities.

Then I just realized that maybe AC really saw the RAV4 and made that call 11/03, so KR telling an officer on 11/04 doesn't really affect the outcome until he reports it to KZ helping her team in recent months. I mean maybe the RAV4 wasn't still where KR saw it a day prior when he told an officer on 11/04

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708
Back