CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's confusing that she was "last seen" on the video at the store, yet the fiance picked up the baby later that afternoon. Wouldn't the baby-exchange time be the "last seen" time?

Unless LE doesn’t believe what PF is saying, that’s why they aren’t calling that the “last seen” time. <modsnip - not victim friendly>

Last edited by a moderator:
I think there was a breakup or “taking a break” between KB and PF, and she was going to travel to see someone, with rolls, and the baby was going to stay with daddy.

If that’s the case, when did he expect her back? It’s plausible only he knew of her plans and she was going to surprise family?

Recap, family didn’t know they broke up or were expecting her. JMO

Well, she hadn't packed yet, but that doesn't mean anything. Lots of times I freshly launder clothes and pack them straight from the dryer. Makeup, shampoo packed last. Where's her purse though? With her phone?

Do we know her last bank transaction?

Well if she had a baby with the man I can’t imagine cohabiting would be any worse. JMO

I had a child out of wedlock so that wasn’t meant to be judgemental.
Depends on the family, depends on the religion, imo.

The mom at the press conference seemed to make a point that they had never lived together, fwiw.

Most people these days don't care at all. But some still do.

jmo

Sadly, as has happened in many other cases, it's impossible to know if she was the person who sent those texts. All we can say for sure is that the texts were sent from her phone - a phone that pinged one time 700 miles away, quite possibly when the texts were sent.

I hope she's found soon. I really feel for her family.
I'm doubting the text to the employer was from her. I'm familiar with her employer, knowing a couple of pilot friends who worked there. They are VERY busy, and although it might be a little slower in the winter, their instructors fly a LOT of hours and are paid better than the average flight school. It's NOT a job you can just text and say "hey, I'm taking a week off" on short notice without jeopardizing your employment, and for anyone wanting to be a professional pilot the LAST thing you need on your resume is that you were fired from your flight instructor job. Airlines look for reliability in their pilots as much as piloting skill. Certainly, if there was a family emergency and she went in and talked to them I'm sure they would work it out, but a TEXT?

Noting the possibility of religion at play, is it possible that KB and PF never intended to have a long-term relationship, but have told their families that they were “engaged” to soften the blow of having a baby out of wedlock, which would be frowned upon by religious communities? If they eventually “broke up” at a kater time, it could be judged less harshly by religious folk than having a baby together but never being in a relationship at all?

jmo

Well, she hadn't packed yet, but that doesn't mean anything. Lots of times I freshly launder clothes and pack them straight from the dryer. Makeup, shampoo packed last. Where's her purse though? With her phone?

Do we know her last bank transaction?

Her purse was found by LE at her home, per the article below:
"When cops searched her home, her car and purse were still there, as were some cold cinnamon rolls."

https://nypost.com/2018/12/10/text-sent-from-missing-moms-phone-days-after-she-vanished/

All MOO

Oddly, I do feel like the cinnamon rolls are very telling.

1) Perhaps she was baking just for the fun of baking?

2) Or she and fiance just broke up/fought and it made her feel better to bake?

3) Either way it feels like she was interrupted/plans changed. Like maybe she was hoping since it was Thanksgiving the (ex?) -fiance would come over to talk and she would have these rolls ready. Then maybe he calls and wants to get the child?

4) When the welfare check was done on the 25th the rolls are out. Why not open a missing person's report then? I wonder if the dishes were still out? Bowl, etc .

5) I wonder if any video exists of the actual exchange of their daughter? Was it all business? Friendly? How big of bag went along with baby?

6) I'm sure there's a lot the police haven't shared like how often does dad have daughter VS mom? The phone records for Kelsey's phone? Did Kelsey have friends who could advise of her habits?

Where are you, Kelsey? We hope you are safe tonight.

MOO

Yes, and probably why she wasn't living with her fiancé. But she had a baby, so now idk. ;)
Haaaa. Yeah, that doesn’t seem to make a hell of a lot of sense if the reason has to do with religious beliefs.

Premarital sex is ok, but living together before marriage isn’t?!

That would be a new one.

Depends on the type of plane but for most small planes it would require refueling.

Thanks. There's probably a few ranches along the way with runways. Could they have plane fuel?

All MOO

Oddly, I do feel like the cinnamon rolls are very telling.

1) Perhaps she was baking just for the fun of baking?

2) Or she and fiance just broke up/fought and it made her feel better to bake?

3) Either way it feels like she was interrupted/plans changed. Like maybe she was hoping since it was Thanksgiving the (ex?) -fiance would come over to talk and she would have these rolls ready. Then maybe he calls and wants to get the child?

4) When the welfare check was done on the 25th the rolls are out. Why not open a missing person's report then? I wonder if the dishes were still out? Bowl, etc .

5) I wonder if any video exists of the actual exchange of their daughter? Was it all business? Friendly? How big of bag went along with baby?

6) I'm sure there's a lot the police haven't shared like how often does dad have daughter VS mom? The phone records for Kelsey's phone? Did Kelsey have friends who could advise of her habits?

Where are you, Kelsey? We hope you are safe tonight.

MOO
The welfare check was on December 2. At the press conference today, the chief said Woodland Park LE went to Kelsey's residence on Dec 2 and performed Community Caretaker search to see if they could locate her. She was not found to be inside her residence.

But, I totally agree at the cinnamon rolls are a clue that she wasn't intending to disappear. imo

jmo

Haaaa. Yeah, that doesn’t seem to make a hell of a lot of sense if the reason has to do with religious beliefs.

Premarital sex is ok, but living together before marriage isn’t?!

That would be a new one.
It might not be "okay" to have pre-marital sex as much as it is that all children are loved no matter what. But no reason to "live in sin" just because you already had a baby, from some points of view.

IDK.

jmo

Updated article from KRDO-

Last seen at the Safeway in Woodland Park, mom called LE who then did a welfare check on her on November 25th.
Yes, and the missing person report was made on December 2nd.

I found only one article stating her purse was found at her home.

The majority of articles say her purse is missing, including her brother.

Something to think about, information from the handling of the suspect in the Hania Aguilar case:

When asked why the FBI and Lumberton police insisted after Hania's body was found that McLellan was not a person of interest in the case even though rumors were circulating on social media that he had confessed, Britt said that it was because they were trying to build a case based on "proof beyond a reasonable doubt."

He said McLellan became a suspect shortly after the stolen SUV was found.

"There was sufficient evidence that we could have charged him but there was a hole that needed to be filled and that hole was finding Hania," he said.

Britt also said they didn't want to release McLellan's name "for the sake of avoiding the prejudicial effect on the subsequent prosecution."

"So Chief McNeil and the FBI were told by me that they were not going to release Mr. McLellan's name until we had sufficient evidence we believed to convict him," he said.

DA: McLellan became suspect in Hania's murder shortly after SUV was found

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member