Missouri - The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't doubt they had that.

For the record, I do not think you had a hand in this disappearance. I often just wondered if you had an idea of someone on the outskirts of your friend group that might have taken an interest in Suzie. Or if it was an adult (like Garrison) that may have taken an interest in Sherrill. I know Garrison was out 3 weeks and likely not the primary perpetrator. But I wonder if you indirectly met the one(s) responsible.

It’s possible. But I honestly don’t know. Based on his other convictions, I believe Garrison is absolutely capable of doing something like this. And I do know he is crazy enough to tell the FBI that I have superpowers.
I don’t know if it was a random occurrence or if we somehow indirectly led whoever did this to Suzie. I hope with all I have that that is not the case.

It’s possible. But I honestly don’t know. Based on his other convictions, I believe Garrison is absolutely capable of doing something like this. And I do know he is crazy enough to tell the FBI that I have superpowers.
I don’t know if it was a random occurrence or if we somehow indirectly led whoever did this to Suzie. I hope with all I have that that is not the case.
If he did that it is no ones fault but his. No one goes around thinking their friends or people they know are rapists and murderers. Do you really think he could make three women vanish?

If he did that it is no ones fault but his. No one goes around thinking their friends or people they know are rapists and murderers. Do you really think he could make three women vanish?

Plus he wasn’t Mike’s friend. He only saw him once for a very short period of time.

Maybe Sherrill wanted to intercept Suzie, whom she thought might be headed home, because at home lay danger.

If Suzie and Sherrill were informants against Randy Little, then the Apco store could have been where they went to touch base with their handler.

Wouldn't LE know the 'handler' if Sherrill and Suzie were informants?

I think Garrison is more than capable of committing a crime like this, and from the sound of things, he would have definitely had the right “connections” at the other end to help with whatever he had in mind for the women after they were removed from the home. Carnahan is another one that puts a chill down my spine. Again, both ruled by sexual motivations.

I’m more likely to believe the perp is one of these two as opposed to Cox. Those are the three names that seem to come up more often, but I honestly think he talks too much. Then again, it could just as easily be someone we do not know of.

Someone on another board raised the point that Ms. McCall brought up Suzie having “satanic materials” on her bookshelf in Crime Watch Daily episode.

I find that interesting.

I also mentioned this in a previous thread. Very interesting to me as well. I don’t believe anything can be ruled out or overlooked/underlooked in this case.

Hindsight 20/20. I don't know. I don't think it mattered much?

What do we gain from this info? I think the shards being broken shows that there was possibly a struggle. But also possibly not. I am not sure there is much we gain. I believe the police got to the bottom of it either way. It would not be hard to retrieve the glass--and is it known if they did or not?

I believe Janelle and Mike behaved very strangely. But there's aspects of the "criminal capability" test that neither seem to pass for me. I do think they possibly knew of the same people that one-offs of Mike Clay's crowd may have known as well.

I am open to considering them having some involvement along the way, but I need more proof than "they acted weird." Let's get beyond that because we've been over "that other girl" for 20 years now on these forums. Is there anything new? All I'm asking.

So, this gentleman was so kind to not only clean up a 'random mess', but instead of simply tossing the shards into a trash bin located within feet, he makes multiple trips to a dumpster located... where? This is even more generous if the broom was indeed found under the carport - near the trash bin.

I'd love to know this saint's whereabouts after LE arrived (and left).

So, this gentleman was so kind to not only clean up a 'random mess', but instead of simply tossing the shards into a trash bin located within feet, he makes multiple trips to a dumpster located... where? This is even more generous if the broom was indeed found under the carport - near the trash bin.

I'd love to know this saint's whereabouts after LE arrived (and left).

Sherrill's house is located adjacent to a small business. There's a privacy type fence b/t the properties so basically MH would have traversed from the front porch down to the road and around the fence to the dumpster. Definitely not so handy.

Sherrill's house is located adjacent to a small business. There's a privacy type fence b/t the properties so basically MH would have traversed from the front porch down to the road and around the fence to the dumpster. Definitely not so handy.

This was my thinking as well. However, current photos show this building uses a smaller trash can with wheels. No dumpster.

I’m about Suzie’s age and my friends who were into metal with posters on their walls and black clothes in their closets weren’t into Satan anymore than kids sporting trendy skulls and crossbones a few years ago. LE was alert to Satanic panic in the 90’s so I think they would’ve investigated Janis’ suspicions and that we’d know if there was a chance Suzie was into Satanism.

Hindsight 20/20. I don't know. I don't think it mattered much?

What do we gain from this info? I think the shards being broken shows that there was possibly a struggle. But also possibly not. I am not sure there is much we gain. I believe the police got to the bottom of it either way. It would not be hard to retrieve the glass--and is it known if they did or not?

I believe Janelle and Mike behaved very strangely. But there's aspects of the "criminal capability" test that neither seem to pass for me. I do think they possibly knew of the same people that one-offs of Mike Clay's crowd may have known as well.

I am open to considering them having some involvement along the way, but I need more proof than "they acted weird." Let's get beyond that because we've been over "that other girl" for 20 years now on these forums. Is there anything new? All I'm asking.
the prank phone calls don't jibe for me. perfectly timed.

Janelle rings sherrills multiple times to no answer.
they go over there. ...never been here before.
broken glass on porch....
doors open...so enter.
nobodys here....but all personal belongings are...including modes of transport.
clean up broken glass.....take it next door.
answer a ringing phone.....dirty sex fend on the other end.(but doesn't tell police first added later )

so we leave never knowing what happened to our friends even though we concerned enough the morning was consumed with looking for them. so it all feels weird and off but well just go have a fun day out now.

doesnt contact stacys mom to see if she is aware of a change or any other friends or family to note concerns.

accumulative stacking. theres more than said gone on this morning

imo

Well, my entire timeline is off with the broken glass ‘clean up.’

So M + J didn’t even arrive until after noon (Delmar) to ‘clean up’ after J initially began calling Delmar after 7am?

McCall’s mother phones J around 9:30 am to question where her daughter is, and J isn’t even home - according to a relative? Please tell me I’m missing an event that accounts for what, 5 1/2 hours?

I’m sure it’s been beaten talked about extensively, but that entire morning stinks to high heaven. I can’t imagine trying to figure out the perps w/o even addressing this bizarre morning they went missing. IMO, of course.

the prank phone calls don't jibe for me. perfectly timed.

Janelle rings sherrills multiple times to no answer.
they go over there. ...never been here before.
broken glass on porch....
doors open...so enter.
nobodys here....but all personal belongings are...including modes of transport.
clean up broken glass.....take it next door.
answer a ringing phone.....dirty sex fend on the other end.(but doesn't tell police first added later )

so we leave never knowing what happened to our friends even though we concerned enough the morning was consumed with looking for them. so it all feels weird and off but well just go have a fun day out now.

doesnt contact stacys mom to see if she is aware of a change or any other friends or family to note concerns.

accumulative stacking. theres more than said gone on this morning

imo
And also, where are all the messages Janelle left on the machine when she started calling at 7:30ish wondering where they were? I've always found that odd.

Well, my entire timeline is off with the broken glass ‘clean up.’

So M + J didn’t even arrive until after noon (Delmar) to ‘clean up’ after J initially began calling Delmar after 7am?

McCall’s mother phones J around 9:30 am to question where her daughter is, and J isn’t even home - according to a relative? Please tell me I’m missing an event that accounts for what, 5 1/2 hours?

I’m sure it’s been beaten talked about extensively, but that entire morning stinks to high heaven. I can’t imagine trying to figure out the perps w/o even addressing this bizarre morning they went missing. IMO, of course.
They went swimming.

Going back to the early hours of the 7th, I think it's possible Janelle wasn't entirely forthcoming about why Suzie and Stacy left her house. I don't buy the overcrowding story, perhaps more something along the lines of some sort of tension between Suzie and Janelle - and Stacy, not wanting to let her friend go home alone, decided to go back to Sherrill's (as opposed to staying with Janelle, who had her boyfriend and a house full of relatives). The early calls might indicate Janelle didn't even sleep that night - after all, a lot of the grad parties were around her home. Maybe this argument was pretty heated, hence the reason the Kirby's had reportedly been so defensive with police/media outlets.

I think it's easy to characterize Janelle's behavior in those early interviews as cold and distant, and perhaps she did feel that way. I get the vibe from her that she was maybe jealous that the girls had gone off together, and when you're a teenager, those kind of things can play on your mind more than they should. I don't think she did herself any favors by acting in that way, and paired with her decisions upon discovering the house the way it was... it's easy to see why there's a lot of theories put into how she happened to be the first person to stumble across the crime scene.

My two cents.. Janelle calls many times, gets no answer - leaves some sh**ty voicemail(s), and after cooling down - she feels guilty. The sweeping up of the glass may have been a way to clear her conscience, maybe she was worried that Sherrill had heard these voicemails. When they discover the house is vacant, she deletes whatever voicemails she left. I think she and Mike probably snooped the house a bit - maybe even went into their purses (not staging) - and left. Why alarm bells weren't ringing between not just one, but two people? I wish I could answer that.. but it's easy to judge their actions from the outside.

Now, the phone calls are what I'm not sure of. I know they intially came by around noon, and again in the evening after the water park. Did they begin during the first visit to the home or when they went by the second time? I'm assuming it was in the evening, as Stacy's mom was around a little later and reported the same thing.

And also, where are all the messages Janelle left on the machine when she started calling at 7:30ish wondering where they were? I've always found that odd.

Accidently erased? Like the obscene one? Waaaay back then with some machines it was easy to do just by listening and rewinding or accidently pressing "reset" instead of rewind which would delete all messages.

Going back to the early hours of the 7th, I think it's possible Janelle wasn't entirely forthcoming about why Suzie and Stacy left her house. I don't buy the overcrowding story, perhaps more something along the lines of some sort of tension between Suzie and Janelle - and Stacy, not wanting to let her friend go home alone, decided to go back to Sherrill's (as opposed to staying with Janelle, who had her boyfriend and a house full of relatives). The early calls might indicate Janelle didn't even sleep that night - after all, a lot of the grad parties were around her home. Maybe this argument was pretty heated, hence the reason the Kirby's had reportedly been so defensive with police/media outlets.

I think it's easy to characterize Janelle's behavior in those early interviews as cold and distant, and perhaps she did feel that way. I get the vibe from her that she was maybe jealous that the girls had gone off together, and when you're a teenager, those kind of things can play on your mind more than they should. I don't think she did herself any favors by acting in that way, and paired with her decisions upon discovering the house the way it was... it's easy to see why there's a lot of theories put into how she happened to be the first person to stumble across the crime scene.

My two cents.. Janelle calls many times, gets no answer - leaves some sh**ty voicemail(s), and after cooling down - she feels guilty. The sweeping up of the glass may have been a way to clear her conscience, maybe she was worried that Sherrill had heard these voicemails. When they discover the house is vacant, she deletes whatever voicemails she left. I think she and Mike probably snooped the house a bit - maybe even went into their purses (not staging) - and left. Why alarm bells weren't ringing between not just one, but two people? I wish I could answer that.. but it's easy to judge their actions from the outside.

Now, the phone calls are what I'm not sure of. I know they intially came by around noon, and again in the evening after the water park. Did they begin during the first visit to the home or when they went by the second time? I'm assuming it was in the evening, as Stacy's mom was around a little later and reported the same thing.
This is probably the best/most plausible interpretation of Janelle's actions that I've seen. I wholeheartedly agree with you.

I also think that, once they realized something was "wrong", she may have put some things together and the combination of guilt and fear caused her to change stories/withdraw/etc.

Accidently erased? Like the obscene one? Waaaay back then with some machines it was easy to do just by listening and rewinding or accidently pressing "reset" instead of rewind which would delete all messages.
I think it would go a long way to explaining a lot - and Janis also managed to erase one of the sexual messages. It's a shame that this is probably how the majority of machines functioned back then. I know they played out some of the messages from Janis, Sherrill's father and also (presumably) her sister as well on the '48 Hours' episode.

Again, no one thinks the Slayer posters and cow skull represented Satanistic things.

Just wondering what Janis saw on the bookshelf, that's all. It may have been a lead of some kind. I would think even in the bible belt that the Christian Barney Fife Deputies are smart enough to discern the difference between cow skulls/metal posters and ritualistic things.

I am sure they were just confused by the mausoleum break-in, skulls in tree thing combined with the cow skull in Mike's sister's/Mike/Joe's apartment. That is a pretty dark and odd thing. It's not something that happened much before or since in Springfield. So the frame of reference was new to the police.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member