CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding the cell phone ping, there was no trail of pings therefore we know the phone was turned off during its journey. The single ping off a cell tower 600 miles seems purposeful versus a red herring. If you were going to send/bring a phone 600 miles away in order to create an alibi you're definetly going to let it ping more than once. So whom ever turned that phone on did it on purpose and most likely to send the text that was received by her employer. The ping happened 3 days after she was last seen. You can go much further in 3 days than the 600 miles. Unless of course the abductor needed to spend thanksgiving with relatives and perhaps shopping on Black Friday. The question I have is why was a text sent to her work telling them she was taking the week off 3 days after she was last seen? If she were abducted how would the abductor know her place of employment was the only people who would miss her? Why would the abductor risk making contact with her employer if he was already 600 miles away. He wanted to delay any search for her. Why? If he's already 600 miles away why would he care. I say its because he was still 600 miles away. He needed more time to get back to Woodland Park before a search began for Kelsey. Therefore, her abductor knew her well enough to know who would miss her. I'm going to stick with my original theory. A love triangle gone wrong.

This would be fresh on his mind after the Chris Watts news conferences were part of his undoing. We don't have enough information to form conclusions and I think LE wants it that way. That may not be a bad idea.
ITA. Chris Watts public defender made it clear to the Judge that they believed the extremely high profile in the media made it impossible for him to get a fair trial with an impartial jury. Just look at the media reaction today to the fact that PF didn't appear at the press conference and when they ambushed him, he told them to get off private property. JMO

BBM. Where was it reported that she did not have family in ID?
This article only mentions Washington and Colorado. I can't recall if that was ever on one of the early flyers or I just remember reading an article like this.

Kelsey has family that lives in Washington and in Colorado, but it’s not clear if she planned to travel to that area. Her 1-year-old daughter was left behind and is currently being cared for by Berreth’s family, according to Woodland Park Police.

Woodland Park Police hold news conference about missing woman

---

ETA: It was posted on the Missing Mother FB page by an admin on Dec 6:

Missing Mother - Kelsey Berreth

Missing Since Nov. 22nd, 2018 - She is a mother, daughter, sister, granddaughter and friend...

She is also a Pilot and instructs in Pueblo, CO., loves hiking, running and bicycling.

Age - 29 yrs., Height - 5’-3”, Wt. 110lbs.

Current Residence - Woodland Park, CO

Phone was last Pinged in - Gooding, Idaho

She has family in - Central Washington, Northeast Washington and Colorado

She was last seen wearing a white shirt, gray sweater, blue jeans/dark blue pants, white shoes and carrying a brown purse.

Please Report any information you might have to the Woodland Park, CO Police Dept. - 719.687.9262

Last edited:
ITA. Chris Watts public defender made it clear to the Judge that they believed the extremely high profile in the media made it impossible for him to get a fair trial with an impartial jury. Just look at the media reaction today to the fact that PF didn't appear at the press conference and when they ambushed him, he told them to get off private property. JMO
There is a middle ground there somewhere though. Chris Watts case was high profile because of the way that he dumped the bodies and because of his stupid media interviews. Attending an LE press conference is nothing like CW's arrogant interviews.

Regarding the cell phone ping, there was no trail of pings therefore we know the phone was turned off during its journey. The single ping off a cell tower 600 miles seems purposeful versus a red herring. If you were going to send/bring a phone 600 miles away in order to create an alibi you're definetly going to let it ping more than once. So whom ever turned that phone on did it on purpose and most likely to send the text that was received by her employer. The ping happened 3 days after she was last seen. You can go much further in 3 days than the 600 miles. Unless of course the abductor needed to spend thanksgiving with relatives and perhaps shopping on Black Friday. The question I have is why was a text sent to her work telling them she was taking the week off 3 days after she was last seen? If she were abducted how would the abductor know her place of employment was the only people who would miss her? Why would the abductor risk making contact with her employer if he was already 600 miles away. He wanted to delay any search for her. Why? If he's already 600 miles away why would he care. I say its because he was still 600 miles away. He needed more time to get back to Woodland Park before a search began for Kelsey. Therefore, her abductor knew her well enough to know who would miss her. I'm going to stick with my original theory. A love triangle gone wrong.
Jumping off your post because I liked a point you made.

If she was in fact traveling to Washington or someplace in Idaho, she would have made it a hell of a lot further than 600 miles in 3 days.

Yet another reason that I don’t think she was making any sort of a road trip.

Hard to do that without her car anyways.

Gosh, I don't even know how anyone can define "fair trial" or "impartial jury" in light of what CW did to his family. But I digress.....

There is a middle ground there somewhere though. Chris Watts case was high profile because of the way that he dumped the bodies and because of his stupid media interviews. Attending an LE press conference is nothing like CW's arrogant interviews.
Except in the U.S. today, reporters can be so aggressive that they would ambush him going in or coming out. The one where the reporter caught him outside a law office and ending up chasing him down the street is a good example. They were stalking him to know his truck and know where he was. I don't know if he is innocent or not, so much of the time it is the SO, but he is really damned no matter what he does until she is found. Her family said how ashamed they would be if they entertained some of the theories, and the theories were proven wrong.

Gosh, I don't even know how anyone can define "fair trial" or "impartial jury" in light of what CW did to his family. But I digress.....
The filings were before CW confessed. iirc, it was when the DA was trying to seal the autopsy reports in the criminal court and the PD said it wouldn't make any difference. JMO

Except in the U.S. today, reporters can be so aggressive that they would ambush him going in or coming out. The one where the reporter caught him outside a law office and ending up chasing him down the street is a good example. They were stalking him to know his truck and know where he was. I don't know if he is innocent or not, so much of the time it is the SO, but he is really damned no matter what he does until she is found. Her family said how ashamed they would be if they entertained some of the theories, and the theories were proven wrong.
Not just the US, that happens everywhere, but if he were at an LE press conference they could surely control that.

This is the Missing Mother facebook page that Kelsey's mother requested be shared during her press conference. I believe it's a family friend - Kelsey's mother and brother also post on it, so they appear to be in control/carefully sanctioning what information is shared on it.

There is a comment on the post about 16 hours ago where someone asked why the family was in Colorado if her mother lives in Idaho and the bother is in Washington.

They answered: Kelsey never told us she would be visiting. She never arrived in either place, so we search! We have family at home should she show up.
bbm
I wonder where they are searching. In Woodland Park? In Florissant?

Much as been said about him not reporting her missing. What if she asked him to keep the child for awhile because she was going to visit somebody or do something for the week following Thanksgiving? Perhaps she was overwhelmed with the child and other things in her life and felt he could handle the child. It still would be very weird for a woman to go that long without checking on her baby...but it has happened.

Maybe there was no trail of pings because there are highway surveillance cameras everywhere. If the phone is allowed to ping, LE knows which surveillance cameras to view to identify the creep. (I saw that there was a live webcam outside a horse ranch in Gooding, Idaho. I hope it nails whoever disappeared Kelsey.)

It's also possible that her phone was mailed to a friend of the person who disappeared Kelsey and the friend sent the texts from Gooding, Idaho.

Much as been said about him not reporting her missing. What if she asked him to keep the child for awhile because she was going to visit somebody or do something for the week following Thanksgiving? Perhaps she was overwhelmed with the child and other things in her life and felt he could handle the child. It still would be very weird for a woman to go that long without checking on her baby...but it has happened.
Then why doesn't he come out and say that? Why doesn't he at least, tell her family that?

Her family said how ashamed they would be if they entertained some of the theories, and the theories were proven wrong.

I will say that I haven't found anyone on her side of the family badmouthing him. (I have only glanced at the Missing Mother page.) . They haven't aired dirty laundry or cast aspersions as far as I can tell. That is admirable of them.

In listening to the press conference the other day is was very difficult to hear what the questions were. I just watched a tv segment on the Missing Mother-Kelsey Berreth FB page that is only 5 hours old in which they are discussing the timeline and there is a very, very, very interesting comment at the 4:26 mark "one other HUGE fact came out" talking about someone that lives in Idaho. (Sorry, but I don't know if would be breaking the sleuthng rules here). Go to If the link does not work, go to the above facebook page and scroll down until you get to the court tv video. If there are any responses to this, do not sleuth the people involved at the 4:26 mark. If it is o.k. to simply repeat what is in the video, then go ahead. Also, there is no mention in this timeline of any planned meal between the two, and that would be an important topic.

There may not be a voice in the video here, but go to the fb page and you should get the audio (Missing Mother-Kelsey Berreth) You should get the audio if you hit the horn to the right of the time.

Last edited:

Pasco Police shared KEPR Action News's post.
Yesterday at 4:07 PM ·
MISSING: KELSEY BERRETH. A relative of this missing Colorado woman contacted us to ask us to share this, since Kelsey Berreth has relatives in the Tri-Cities and Moses Lake areas.

KEPR Action News
December 7 at 7:45 PM ·

PLEASE SHARE: Kelsey Berreth has family in Soap Lake, Wash. and authorities say her phone last pinged, or sent a signal, from near Gooding, Idaho.

KEPRTV.COM

Pasco relatives pray for miracle as search continues for missing Colorado mother
Family of a Colorado mother missing since Thanksgiving want folks in Eastern Washington to be on the lookout, even as they try to figure out the circumstances around her disappearance. They say it's a long shot, but Kelsey Berreth has family in Soap Lake, Wash. and authorities say her phone last pin...

Her brother and brother-in-law reside in their home Tacoma where a candlelight vigil was held last Thurs night. Her brother had already left the residence to aide in locating his sister according to this article. Her brother-in-law's concern for her touched me.

Some were speculating earlier that the family's religious values may have some bearing on how Kelsey's family accepts her relationship and single parenthood status and that there may have been some issues surrounding that.

I think that many families these days experience diverse relationships between their children and their partners. As parents they manage to uphold their religious values while still supporting and being open about their children's lifestyle choices. I think this may be the case in this family.

Tacoma community shows support for family of missing 29-year-old mom

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members