Missouri - The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do articles on the internet say that it was a police officer who took note of the ‘satanic items’, and noticed they were missing after he later returned?
The obvious answer would be because it was a police officer that took note of the “satanic items” and noticed they were missing later.
Not trying to be a smart-*advertiser censored* here but it seems pretty self explanatory.
The police searched my home looking for me, (I was already in Chicago by then) saw the posters and candles, thought they were satanic, left and (falsely) reported to his superiors that I had a “satanic altar” set up in my house, then when they came back with the superior officer and all he noticed was a poster, cow skull and candles, the officer tried to cover and said the altar was gone now.

The obvious answer would be because it was a police officer that took note of the “satanic items” and noticed they were missing later.
Not trying to be a smart-*advertiser censored* here but it seems pretty self explanatory.
The police searched my home looking for me, (I was already in Chicago by then) saw the posters and candles, thought they were satanic, left and (falsely) reported to his superiors that I had a “satanic altar” set up in my house, then when they came back with the superior officer and all he noticed was a poster, cow skull and candles, the officer tried to cover and said the altar was gone now.
I agree with you Mike. That all makes sense.

I just want to know what the books were. If they were some kind of occult thing or maybe even a metaphysical thing, it could shine light to who may have been indoctrinating Suzie. And maybe that lead falsely pointed more guilt on you.

Or the books were a pile of nothing and Janis was mistaken.

I agree with you Mike. That all makes sense.

I just want to know what the books were. If they were some kind of occult thing or maybe even a metaphysical thing, it could shine light to who may have been indoctrinating Suzie. And maybe that lead falsely pointed more guilt on you.

Or the books were a pile of nothing and Janis was mistaken.

There really is no way to know this though since Janis herself does not even remember what they were. Mike actually tried to find out.

Thank you for clarifying, SC. Maybe I just was not understanding how Janis became aware of these materials (I’ll assume LE?), and why the PO wasn’t more specific in what was seen? Do you think this was to be let back into the place of living once again?

I apologize for sounding obtuse. That has more to do with being newer to this unfortunate situation.

Last edited:
Thank you for clarifying, SC. Maybe I just was not understanding how Janis became aware of these materials (I’ll assume LE?), and why the PO wasn’t more specific in what was seen? Do you think this was to be let back into the place of living once again?

I apologize for sounding obtuse. That has more to do with being newer to this unfortunate situation.
I believe there were 2 instances of suspected satanic items. The police saw something when they went to Mike’s sister’s apartment looking for him, and Mrs. McCall thought Suzie had something.

I believe there were 2 instances of suspected satanic items. The police saw something when they went to Mike’s sister’s apartment looking for him, and Mrs. McCall thought Suzie had something.
Yes two separate instances. People obfuscate that here.

That’s interesting, and makes more sense.

So, key information - relevant or not - are missing items on an altar (which doesn’t include: cow skull, poster(s), and candles) from one area.

And, in the other is just one unspecified book? Is that right?

I’m guessing after reading a few comments on this, that neither the LEO or Mrs. McCall gave an answer on their discoveries?

That’s interesting, and makes more sense.

So, key information - relevant or not - are missing items on an altar (which doesn’t include: cow skull, poster(s), and candles) from one area.

And, in the other is just one unspecified book? Is that right?

I’m guessing after reading a few comments on this, that neither the LEO or Mrs. McCall gave an answer on their discoveries?
LEO (SPD officer Mark Webb) saw the "altar" at Mike/Cathe/Joe's apartment during the vandal investigation. Claimed that materials he saw were gone when he returned for additional questioning about the 3MW some time later.

Janis McCall saw "satanic materials" ("book" according to Mike's acquaintance) on Suzie's shelf.

Different times and locations.

LEO (SPD officer Mark Webb) saw the "altar" at Mike/Cathe/Joe's apartment during the vandal investigation. Claimed that materials he saw were gone when he returned for additional questioning about the 3MW some time later.

Janis McCall saw "satanic materials" ("book" according to Mike's acquaintance) on Suzie's shelf.

Different times and locations.

Close.
Claimed that materials he saw were gone when he returned for additional search for me some time later.

Has Nigel ever given her insight? If she was Suzie's best friend, she would have a lot of knowledge about everything going on in Suzie's life.

I've attempted contact w/ Nigel aka Kendra. She works for the Red Cross and was busy with hurricane relief efforts (her excuse) and has never responded to questions concerning this case or to the suggestion of contacting SPD to support our efforts concerning contacting the 'Cold Justice' team.
Disappointing but she's not the first 'bff' to claim they're still too traumatized to help... of which I respond,,,,excuse me? It wasn't their daughter, mother, sister.....who disappeared into thin air one night 26 years ago. SMH.

I've attempted contact w/ Nigel aka Kendra. She works for the Red Cross and was busy with hurricane relief efforts (her excuse) and has never responded to questions concerning this case or to the suggestion of contacting SPD to support our efforts concerning contacting the 'Cold Justice' team.
Disappointing but she's not the first 'bff' to claim they're still too traumatized to help... of which I respond,,,,excuse me? It wasn't their daughter, mother, sister.....who disappeared into thin air one night 26 years ago. SMH.

I don’t know her or have ever spoken to her, but I can see that being a default response for her own sanity. I never met Suzie and I feel bad for her and her mom with how people talk about them. People on the boards can be pretty awful and having to deal with that is extremely hard. Also who knows how many just reach out to her with “good” intentions, but just use her for info like she is just a chess piece in their mystery game.

I don't think we should judge her for that decision, though.

They were close friends over 25 years ago, and met through work. She participated in the feature they did last last year for Crime Watch Daily, named her daughter's by Suzie's first and middle names, keeps graduation photos of her in her living room.. I think it's safe to say that she's probably very much still ingrained in her mind. I think for the vast majority of people posting here, we've never had anyone vanish from our lives without some sort of finality.

After this long, what do you do? You keep the memory alive, but you have to get on with your life. I don't think Nigel has the answers or knowledge that could break this case open - and she likely already told everything she could to help SPD back when they first went missing. I think you can see here just how much Suzie meant to her (and still does - Nigel Holderby on Instagram: “It was 26 years ago today. Every thing was as it should be. We had pre-graduation cake. Shared hugs. “See you tomorrow.” But I never saw…”)

To be absolutely clear, I politely encouraged her to request SPD to contact the show Cold Justice. IMO.....SPD seems to be interested in doing so and needs our input in order to receive the go-ahead.

Yes, she has moved on and I understand I probably sounded like a 'groupy' that gets a kick out of using this case as a fun past time and hobby. It is definitely not a game of CLUE or 'Whose got the best scenario' which by the way can be submitted to SPD Tipline (not sure everyone is aware of that).

I was not rude to her. I did inform her that a very important person (intimately involved with this tragedy) is supportive of our team effort and gave her the links. It only takes 15 minutes (or less) to complete this action. I'm hoping that she did submit requests without informing me. (keeping fingers crossed....)

Thank you for your polite and civil responses to my previous post, very much appreciated and taken into consideration.

P3 Tips

Cold Justice Tip Line

This case CAN be solved. MOO Believing is 50% of the battle.

Guess my point was......sometimes we need to push aside our own feelings of sorry/anxiety to help others. I know of 2 people on here that has done just that, I admire their bravery. Thank you so much! :)

As I mentioned, I’m still new to this, and I’m sure I’m overlooking something, but why are MH, JK, BJ, and SA not major suspects - or even POIs? I have to be missing something important. Their entire timeline + alibis are, and I mean no disrespect, a joke.

Also, tax appraisal records do not indicate that 1717 OR the building next door had a residential, or business dumpster paid for by either.

Edit - I’m still searching for the nearest dumpster that was owned back then. A shopping area is next to the small business, so I’ll check that later. I’m starting to become even more impressed with MH and JKs generosity.

But, back to the names listed at the top... why not?

Edit 2 - Only 1/3 MW were having issues with past or current boyfriends, correct?

Last edited:
As I mentioned, I’m still new to this, and I’m sure I’m overlooking something, but why are MH, JK, BJ, and SA not major suspects - or even POIs? I have to be missing something important. Their entire timeline + alibis are, and I mean no disrespect, a joke.

Also, tax appraisal records do not indicate that 1717 OR the building next door had a residential, or business dumpster paid for by either.

Edit - I’m still searching for the nearest dumpster that was owned back then. A shopping area is next to the small business, so I’ll check that later. I’m starting to become even more impressed with MH and JKs generosity.

But, back to the names listed at the top... why not?

Exactly. IMO, they all needed to be treated as suspects vs witnesses.
The movable timeline would be a huge red flag nowadays. Along with 'flat affect' at the crime scene and TV interviews, 'inappropriate' reactions and responses that are inconsistent with the circumstances.

Interesting find on the dumpster. Please keep us posted! That's awesome info.

Exactly. IMO, they all needed to be treated as suspects vs witnesses.
The movable timeline would be a huge red flag nowadays. Along with 'flat affect' at the crime scene and TV interviews, 'inappropriate' reactions and responses that are inconsistent with the circumstances.

Interesting find on the dumpster. Please keep us posted! That's awesome info.

Great post - particularly on the suspects v witnesses.

Regarding the glass shards, I can’t shake it. The 3MW vansished on a Sunday - when trash doesn’t run.

Also, for whatever reason, I believed the light fixture hung over the front door, but it doesn’t. It’s located right next to the front door, and almost looks like one that I used to own. And it required a screwdriver to get to the bulb. Maybe this one is different?

I also swear I’ve seen it mentioned that there was a door on the side leading inside/outside under the carport? If so, doesn’t that make more sense for an escape route instead of leaving via the front door?

Once again, I apologize that this case has been talked about for years, but I can’t fathom why these people are not POIs, and the main suspects’ MO is way different than this.

The movable timeline
Can you explain how the timeline moved?

I want to know why the papers are right sometimes but wrong sometimes and how we are determining when they are right vs. wrong. Because it seems like people are forcing theories to fit rather than actually looking at the evidence so I am trying to understand that more clearly.

Would love an explanation of the moving timeline. With an outline of the wrong vs. right times and sources for each. Would help a lot.

Janelle behaved weird and there's definitely weirdness in her eyes in that "that other girl" interview, but the "moving timeline" thing is new to me. I see nothing of value in the porch globe cleanup and the cops proved that the phone call messages came from a prankster, so nothing odd there either. (the user Hurricane has posted about this in another thread with the full research).

To be absolutely clear, I politely encouraged her to request SPD to contact the show Cold Justice. IMO.....SPD seems to be interested in doing so and needs our input in order to receive the go-ahead.

Yes, she has moved on and I understand I probably sounded like a 'groupy' that gets a kick out of using this case as a fun past time and hobby. It is definitely not a game of CLUE or 'Whose got the best scenario' which by the way can be submitted to SPD Tipline (not sure everyone is aware of that).

I was not rude to her. I did inform her that a very important person (intimately involved with this tragedy) is supportive of our team effort and gave her the links. It only takes 15 minutes (or less) to complete this action. I'm hoping that she did submit requests without informing me. (keeping fingers crossed....)

Thank you for your polite and civil responses to my previous post, very much appreciated and taken into consideration.

P3 Tips

Cold Justice Tip Line

This case CAN be solved. MOO Believing is 50% of the battle.

Guess my point was......sometimes we need to push aside our own feelings of sorry/anxiety to help others. I know of 2 people on here that has done just that, I admire their bravery. Thank you so much! :)

I just want to say being on these boards has nothing to do with bravery. It is just dealing with bullies to help get the truth out. Can’t have truth with misinformation everywhere. All we really want is this solved so we are here. I’ll admit that if I lost someone I don’t know if I would be able to handle the boards. There are many that act kind at first, but only want to use you and you become very guarded. If I had to deal with that plus everything else I don’t think I could. Thank you for your kind words though. I am not dismissing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10