TX - Former Dallas Police Officer Amber Guyger, indicted for Murder of Botham Shem Jean #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have not released any evidence or new information.

I am waiting for the toxicology results. That could be interesting. Also, there was some rumor that Amber had a dog...I would like to know about that, because when I open my door, when I get home from work, it is "Mama!". My dog ALWAYS greets me at the door, he wants to go out, and he wants a cookie.

Here is the article that mentioned that AG has a dog. This is important.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.star-telegram.com/news/local/community/dallas/article218154635.html

Last edited:
I wonder what other evidence will come out such as this to make her story seem more unbelievable. It’s even more troubling when you consider she was allowed to go home and gather her thoughts before she was questioned. Depending on what other evidence comes out do you think she may try to pull a Jodi A and completely change her version of the events? I have one in mind that I think would be more believable but I don’t want to give anybody any ideas:)

The dog thing also bothers me. Maybe because I'm like way attached to mine? One dog always greets me AT the door. The other is not far behind.

I would be immediately alarmed if there wasn't a dog when I opened the door. If the door was already opened I would be immediately concerned about whether the dog had escaped.

I wouldn't even notice a burglar I would notice the dog not there and immediately freak out! However, I realize that some people only think of dogs as pets... I treat them more like my other children.

I have often wondered why she didn't use her radio. If the door was ajar...
That might be a pretty big “if”.

The apartment complex is new, upscale and has interior apartments. As a result, it may have advanced “spring loaded” door mechanisms that close the doors automatically unless they are propped open.

Of these two possible story’s what rings more true?
She enters the apartment still not noticing anything out of place until she sees a person there. Decides to pull her gun out and shoot the person rather then step out and call for help

Or

She went to his apartment to confront him about the noise she was said to have complained about and they got into an argument and things escalated.

I think the totality of the circumstances does not support option 'A':

The red rug, she was tired, but not say, just having participated in an extreme rescue high on Mt. Everest during a blizzard w/o oxygen, a witness saying she called on the occupant to open the door- thus strongly implied that she would have tried her key, the door being ajar unlikely as occupant likely to secure the door, possible spring loaded doors etc.

As for possibility 'B', it makes a lot more sense me given the totality of the situation.

she had a dog. Living in her apt. Any reason the dog would not have been in her apt. that evening?

As if I needed any more convincing that this was anything other than murder...
If I entered my home and was not greeted by my dog but saw a stranger, I'd assume they did something to my dog. This would make me even more nervous.

That might be a pretty big “if”.

The apartment complex is new, upscale and has interior apartments. As a result, it may have advanced “spring loaded” door mechanisms that close the doors automatically unless they are propped open.
Definitely. Isn't that what she claims though?

Definitely. Isn't that what she claims though?
I have not read any references to a claim that the door was 'propped open'. Rather, I have just read references to a claim that the door was "partially ajar". As to whether the totality of the claim is that the door was partially ajar because it was propped open, I don't know.

If that is the totality of the claim, then it could imply other possible implausibilities:

- Victim was deep in the interior of a largely unlit apartment late at night, but still kept door propped open.

- Victim propped door open without a strongly apparent reason- say, bringing in a lot groceries, moving in appliances etc, but then forgot to un-prop it despite it being late at night and thus more likely that he would have notice it in the course of being home.

Our country is so incredibly f&*ked up! Let's be clear about something:

Tweak the scenario a bit. This time it's a black man from the building, "mistakenly" entering the apartment of a female white police officer, and shooting her dead. How quickly would the murder verdict be given?

Hopefully justice will be done here. Cops normally get away with murder, and especially when it's a white cop and a black man. I'm still skeptical she will receive the appropriate punishment for needlessly taking a life.

Our country is so incredibly f&*ked up! Let's be clear about something:

Tweak the scenario a bit. This time it's a black man from the building, "mistakenly" entering the apartment of a female white police officer, and shooting her dead. How quickly would the murder verdict be given?

Hopefully justice will be done here. Cops normally get away with murder, and especially when it's a white cop and a black man. I'm still skeptical she will receive the appropriate punishment for needlessly taking a life.

So true. And he definitely wouldn't have had two days to get the story straight, and an opportunity to turn himself in for arrest. Let alone never have his home searched.

As Dallas weighs changes, here's how police oversight works in LA, Detroit and Houston | Dallas Police | Dallas News
Facing pressure from activists, including southern Dallas religious leaders, city officials next year will decide whether to grant more power to the Citizens Police Review Board.

The board, appointed by the City Council, is tasked with reviewing complaints against Dallas police officers, but can do little more than make recommendations.

Community groups have proposed new powers that they say will hold officers more accountable.
Activists have long been frustrated with the toothless board, but their calls for a shakeup grew louder after September’s fatal shooting by an off-duty police officer of 26-year-old Botham Jean in his Cedars apartment.

Next month, police will host a series of town-hall meetings to get feedback on how to best move forward with the board.
more...

I have not read any references to a claim that the door was 'propped open'. Rather, I have just read references to a claim that the door was "partially ajar". As to whether the totality of the claim is that the door was partially ajar because it was propped open, I don't know.

If that is the totality of the claim, then it could imply other possible implausibilities:

- Victim was deep in the interior of a largely unlit apartment late at night, but still kept door propped open.

- Victim propped door open without a strongly apparent reason- say, bringing in a lot groceries, moving in appliances etc, but then forgot to un-prop it despite it being late at night and thus more likely that he would have notice it in the course of being home.
If he had propped his door open temporarily, and then forgot about it, I would think that once it became dark outside with little light in the apartment, he would certainly notice the light streaming in from the hallway.

?
If he had propped his door open temporarily, and then forgot about it, I would think that once it became dark outside with little light in the apartment, he would certainly notice the light streaming in from the hallway.

I agree.

Then factor in that a witness evidently heard the officer telling the victim to open the door. This would not be necessary if the door was already proped open.

In short, the officers's story (after, as other posters mentioned, the ability to correct her version) seems to be: Due to exhaustion, I went to the wrong apartment and did not notice relatively large differences in door lay out. The door was proped open and I heard an occupant inside. I then called him to the door. Still not realizing that I was at the wrong apartment, I then shot the man because he failed to obey my commands.

Though the above is technically possible, there are a lot of of implausibilities: Why was the door proped open? Why did the victim not notice it? Why did the officer repeatedly not notice she was at the wrong apartment?

The seeming implausibilities are then compounded by the fact that the officer could well of had contact with he victim regarding noise, but failed to recognize him or his apartment.

I am not surprised that we have not heard more evidence. There was probably an order to keep the Grand Jury evidence sealed.

That makes me think that a plea deal will happen. AG will end up in prison, probably some fluffy place, as a " trustee", in special protection. But it won't be life...I will be surprised if this goes to trial.

I am not surprised that we have not heard more evidence. There was probably an order to keep the Grand Jury evidence sealed.

That makes me think that a plea deal will happen. AG will end up in prison, probably some fluffy place, as a " trustee", in special protection. But it won't be life...I will be surprised if this goes to trial.
I agree with you :(

Court Hearing For Former Dallas Officer Who Shot, Killed Unarmed Man In His Apartment

More than a month after she was indicted for murder, the first court hearing for fired Dallas police officer Amber Guyger takes place today.

The preliminary hearing will be between Judge Tammy Kemp, attorneys for the state, and Guyger’s defense team. Guyger wasn’t required to attend the hearing, but arrived at the Crowley Courts Building before 8:00 a.m.

[...]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member