Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, and Liberty (Libby) German, 14/The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #86

Status
Not open for further replies.
JMO
After studying where the BG took the girls there is no doubt in my mind he had more than a passing fancy with that place. He knew the place well and better than most because the location where their bodies were found was in a spot that could not be seen well by others. It was far enough away from the bridge where people on the bridge would not see them and it was down the fairly steep embankment from the landowner above who got arrested where that landowner could also not see down to that area near the bank of the river.

I also suspect the BG knew the water became shallow around that area where it was easy to cross the river on foot with the water level they had at the time.

All of that tells me he had been to that location before and probably more than once.
JMO of course.

Hatfield, I agree regarding BG planning this, researching the area and the remoteness, knowing suitable spots for 'hiding while in action' and access to this spot.
I don't believe, all this was due to chance.
MOO.

I agree that some study of the area had to be acquired. some basic understanding of the lay of the land. Most military are trained to access the surroundings quickly and efficiently.
maybe he got lucky.

I wish someone would go there and put his car in the lot.
then hang around and see who turns up..
see if they can run to the car and get their kit and make it back to the bridge in time.

could he have attempted this multiple times before he was successful?

I feel like if he had gone back to his car he was relying on timing. what if the girls had been
out of site by the time he came back? would he have gone looking further?

somehow he knew he could make it...could he still see them from the lot?

I want to go there and retrace them. IMO

I totally agree. And, know where the exit is. In any room, building, vehicle, outdoor path - know how you can get outta there. And know where people are. If you're in an isolated place, know which direction to go to get to people. You might not have time to think that through in a panic or when in danger, so know ahead of time. Flight attendants point out the exits when the plane is safely on the ground.

jmo
I now carry person pepper stray, if anything slowing someone down, giving time to run. I'm also former military,
aware of my surrounding, was drill into the females.

I read that the girls had chatted to each other about "there's that creepy guy again" - apparently that was part of what was recorded on the phone. I believe they had seen or passed by him earlier on the trail. It was when they noticed him walking behind them that they started to record their conversation and him.
RBBM.
Is that newly released info? I was following this case closely but have not checked in recently.

RBBM.
Is that newly released info? I was following this case closely but have not checked in recently.

Not new info. Law enforcement gave a general overview of information about the recording at a press conference that they were prepared to release to the public. I’m sure there is a lot we don’t know that they are not releasing publicly.

Monon High Bridge could also be known by anybody who's a railroad buff. I went to a tiny museum in the old train station of an obscure western Massachusetts town, and it was one of the twenty or so bridges they had a picture of.

I think that is imortant to consider. Interests, like historic trains, very well could have a common denominator with a person awaiting an opportunity like this, while still wanting to seek out a lonely ol’ day trip. I still feel after all this time, the main goal was an opportunity to commit a SA by the perp and he came across the right opportunity.

It is awfully coincidental to imagine a day tripper, possibly a railroad enthusiast, but let no stone be unturned, right?

The dots need some connections. I know some of the dots aren’t alllowed here, because we need a MSM source to document. All the same, not every possibility is revealed in the media. Hope the investistagors are fielding out the lies, and looking for direct evidence, or second hand evidence.

RBBM.
No, not new news. LE verbally released some of the girls' conversation that was recorded on the phone. The only audio LE released to the public was the perp saying "down the hill".

I totally agree. And, know where the exit is. In any room, building, vehicle, outdoor path - know how you can get outta there. And know where people are. If you're in an isolated place, know which direction to go to get to people. You might not have time to think that through in a panic or when in danger, so know ahead of time. Flight attendants point out the exits when the plane is safely on the ground.

jmo

This is all very good advice and I would add try not to put yourself in vulnerable situations although sometimes that's not possible. I say this as someone who was attacked years ago in a parking lot. Knife to throat. Other details not necessary. It doesn't always happen to someone else. Been pretty hyper vigilant since. Had PTSD before it was "cool". Crippling. What helped me was, after a few years, taking a martial art. I got my confidence back! Remember our instructor telling us once if we are ever attacked DON'T FIGHT FAIR.
I've put the pieces back together! Stay safe friends!

This is all very good advice and I would add try not to put yourself in vulnerable situations although sometimes that's not possible. I say this as someone who was attacked years ago in a parking lot. Knife to throat. Other details not necessary. It doesn't always happen to someone else. Been pretty hyper vigilant since. Had PTSD before it was "cool". Crippling. What helped me was, after a few years, taking a martial art. I got my confidence back! Remember our instructor telling us once if we are ever attacked DON'T FIGHT FAIR.

I’m so glad you survived and are coping with what happened StarryStarryNight.

I know PTSD is very serious I witnessed and got help in a violent attempted murder eight years ago and it still affects me. I am very thankful for the counselling I have received.

Starry, I am so sorry that happened. I'm glad you are feeling more confident, and martial arts really is a life saver for giving people their power back. Don't fight fair is amazing advice. But to take it further...

I feel like many women (and men) need to remember that it is ok not to be polite. If someone is making you feel uncomfortable, your safety is more important than their feelings. I've posted in this thread about this before, but I was out hiking with my dog, and a man gave me the heebie jeebies. I met him in the parking lot, and he was staring at me. When I met him on the trail (which was usually well-traveled) I put my German Shepherd in a tight heel, raised my phone, and took a picture of him. Stared him down as meanly as I could. Then took a photo of his car when I got back to the parking lot. There was something about him that made me REALLY uncomfortable. Watching the news that night, I saw his face. He was arrested for assaulting a woman on another trail in the adjacent town, who was walking her big dog, no less.

I have tried to think of what might have set me off about him. Certainly, he didn't look like he belonged on that trail. It is in a really wealthy community, and pretty much everyone there is walking a dog. He was dressed sort of oddly for hiking, and didn't have a dog. But he also had a soccer bag style backpack with him, which really stuck out, because this trail isn't big enough to need to bring supplies. Whatever it was, my gut was absolutely screaming that something was wrong. And thank goodness I listened. Normally, my need to be polite would have been the driving factor, and I would have smiled politely even if he made me uncomfortable, but I had a guardian angel looking out for me that day.

So ladies, be rude if there is cause. It might make no difference, but it might also make all the difference.

A book, recommended on one of the Websleuths sites is "The Gift of Fear" by Gavin De Becker.
I am reading this at the present time.
It is all about intuition: follow it.
You certainly followed yours.
Fantastic.

Edit: Sorry, I was replying to OneParticularHarbor.

Last edited:

I'm sorry that you went though a vicious attack. Your hyper vigilant too your surrounds, and taking martial arts,
gave back your confidence. And your absolutely correct if attacked DON'T FIGHT FAIR.

Watching news stories, of women being dragged off and later found murdered.
I will fight off the attacker to my last breath, also would attempt to get DNA under my nails, before allowing someone to drag me off and better chance of being killed.
One last thought, all school's need to include in their curriculum, classes how best to handle situations, feeling someone is
following you. Do not follow what they tell you to do, this could safe your life. Skills to fighting off your attacker.

Starry, what a horrid experience for you.
But pleased you are feeling fine.
It appears your martial arts program has helped you, with obtaining confidence again.

Since reading about the violent crimes everywhere, I now am very careful where I walk my little dog: no longer quiet areas etc.
After, I changed my habits, I read about a violent murder at a deserted beach: the victim was with her LARGE dog.
Even if we stay around the neighbourhood, murders occur.
When I walk my dog in the neighbourhood, I carry a stick, and cross the road, when I feel 'uncomfortable'.

Last edited:
I’m so glad you survived and are coping with what happened StarryStarryNight.

I know PTSD is very serious I witnessed and got help in a violent attempted murder eight years ago and it still affects me. I am very thankful for the counselling I have received.

I couldn't imagine, what you possibly, have gone through because of the attempted murder.
Surely, it affects one for life.
No matter the help we receive, these events must certainly cause us harm, I would think.
Thank goodness, you have been helped, and have responded well.
MOO.

I agree that any match to another crime would have been announced immediately, especially a high profile crime. LE is always anxious to announce when DNA has linked one suspect to other crimes. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni