Presumed Located OH - Jacob Bromm, 18, Bowling Green State University, 20 Nov 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imo, I don't think he ever booked a flight or had any intention of doing so.
I hope he's gone off somewhere to get his head together, but I'm beginning to doubt it. I don't think anything nefarious happened to him either (by another person) but I suspect the possibility of self harm.

Yes me too. I feel he doesn't look happy in the photo posted above. I wonder how old that picture is.

Yes me too. I feel he doesn't look happy in the photo posted above. I wonder how old that picture is.

When I first looked at Jacob's photo, my immediate reaction was that the young man looks depressed. The photo appears to have been taken in the fall, so I think it might be fairly recent, perhaps on the grounds of his dorm on BGSU campus.

Bowling Green State University

Seeking information
BGSU and the parents of Jacob Bromm, a freshman from Troy, Michigan, are seeking information on his whereabouts. Jacob hasn’t been in contact with friends or family since Nov. 20. He had told his parents that he was not coming home for Thanksgiving. Friends say that Jacob indicated to them that he was leaving Kohl Hall to take an Uber to the airport to fly out west.

BGSU Police are investigating and have reviewed all relevant, available security footage. There is currently no evidence that his absence is not voluntary or that he is in distress. Jacob is 18 and legally an adult.

The University shares the Bromm family’s concern and asks anyone with information on Jacob’s whereabouts to please call BGSU Police at 419-372-2346.

upload_2018-12-3_21-36-9.jpeg

Missing Bowling Green State University student is from Troy

Not good that the SIM card and battery were taken out of his phone. And the University police saying he’s an adult and didn’t look under distress in the video. You can’t go by just that, imo. Not when you put everything together. He is endangered, imo.

Do you have a source for the SIM card and battery being removed? I hadn't seen that before....

I hope he is alright. I don’t know a single friend of mine that did not struggle with the first semester of college. It had some of the highest highs and lowest lows for everyone I know. Most of my friends felt like they were alone in their depression because everyone around them appeared to be having so much fun. When we all came home for thanksgiving that first semester, we all bonded over what we had been through.
I think freshmen going off to college hear about how exciting and fun it is and all of the new things suddenly in your life can be exciting, but few are given the heads up that it can also be stressful making new friends and keeping up with school and a social scene. I wish there was more focus on the mental health of college freshmen.

IMO

That said, I really want to know if they can get any info from Uber and see if he actually took an Uber and to where.

Looks like the article posted above was updated yesterday, it says :

We are pleased to report that an investigation by BGSU Police confirmed today that Jacob Bromm’s absence is voluntary. He has indicated to law enforcement that he should not be considered a missing person. For privacy reasons, we are unable to share additional details. The University appreciates the outpouring of support from the BGSU community and people all across the country. Thank you for sharing our request for information and for your concern.

Troy freshman at Bowling Green State University reported missing

I hope he is alright. I don’t know a single friend of mine that did not struggle with the first semester of college. It had some of the highest highs and lowest lows for everyone I know. Most of my friends felt like they were alone in their depression because everyone around them appeared to be having so much fun. When we all came home for thanksgiving that first semester, we all bonded over what we had been through.
I think freshmen going off to college hear about how exciting and fun it is and all of the new things suddenly in your life can be exciting, but few are given the heads up that it can also be stressful making new friends and keeping up with school and a social scene. I wish there was more focus on the mental health of college freshmen.

IMO

That said, I really want to know if they can get any info from Uber and see if he actually took an Uber and to where.
This is so true! The thoughts of going to college sounds so exhilarating to a young kid. Once they get there, though- it becomes a challenge daily in the first semester. New buildings to take classes in, no homework in most classes, but uber papers, tests, mid terms, finals, all challenging. Comforts of home are missing- often you have to share a room with a complete stranger, and not all roommates are fun and easy to get along with. Even the food is different from home. So many new changes, and you're amongst strangers, unless you have a friend that is going to the same college as you. You also have to budget your money, most kids don't have a car with them at college. Just a stressful and completely different environment than what they are used to at home.

I am glad he is voluntarily missing and is ok. I hope he works things out and is happy. Maybe college just wasn't for him, and he didn't know how to tell his parents.

He has already been found and his family has removed all posts concerning him missing. They have not released any info on where he has been since 11/20. So happy he is safe but sad he went that long with everyone looking for him w/o letting anyone know as he certainly had to have known there were tons of people looking for him, his family, friends, social media posts, his entire college alerted and even stories on the news...

Troy freshman at Bowling Green State University reported missingTroy freshman at Bowling Green State University reported missing

He has already been found and his family has removed all posts concerning him missing. They have not released any info on where he has been since 11/20. So happy he is safe but sad he went that long with everyone looking for him w/o letting anyone know as he certainly had to have known there were tons of people looking for him, his family, friends, social media posts, his entire college alerted and even stories on the news...

Troy freshman at Bowling Green State University reported missingTroy freshman at Bowling Green State University reported missing
It is sad, but maybe he felt under pressure to go to college and just didn't want to. He is young, maybe he had other dreams he wanted to pursue but family and possibly friends convinced him to not to. It's hard to say. I've seen many parents insist their child go to college- it's a status thing with them, to say their child is in college, bragging rights, etc. Some kids just can't handle it and feel trapped.

Per sister's Facebook page, the FAMILY has not talked to him. He contacted the police when he left and told them that he was willingly leaving. So the police investigation has stopped but the family is still looking.....and no one has heard from him since 11/20.

THIS WAS THE ARTICLE I MEANT TO ATTACH SORRY!!

Missing BGSU student has been located

Per Mom's post today on FB, Jacob took a train to New York City on 11/20/18 but they also think he may be in San Diego....maybe a little deception on his part to throw off their tracking?? Today makes 3 weeks since he's last been seen....he could be ANYWHERE.

IMO - he is 18, so yes, he COULD be anywhere and it's no one else's business. LE knows he is fine and they are not looking for him. It must be very sad for his family but legally, there's nothing anyone can do. Perhaps he will reach out to them when he feels ready. There must be a reason he felt leaving was the best choice for him. Hoping he is safe and sound.

According to the mom's post Jacob left school on 11/20 - from Bowling Green,Ohio to Toledo, Ohio - stopped at a police station in Toledo (near Amtrak station) and told police in Toledo he is going to Washington DC and then to NYC and if anyone is looking for him - he is leaving voluntarily. He told roommates he was going out west and left all of his belongings to his roommates. When posted on the parent's private page for the college - one of the daughters went to Jacobs room and was told by the roommate he was not there and he gave all of his belongings to the roommate. This all is very odd.

Is Jacob still missing or should I say not located by his family or have they made contact with him and want to keep details private this is all very confusing to me. Praying Jacob is safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drena519