CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey friends,

I have a couple thoughts related to this.

I only choose to follow a few cases on Websleuthers, so that I have the time to read every single post from start to finish.

But I understand that not everyone has the time to do this. Some pop in here and there and don’t see the whole conversations as it’s evolving—which discrepancies are already solved, or which data has been verified, for example.

It would help if we could be gracious to people who just pop in, even if they have old or bad information. For example, we could point them to the post where this information is resolved.:)

I also think, if you are just popping in and haven’t been following the entire case, it might make sense not to argue your point until you’ve caught up and can be sure you’re not making the whole group go in unneeded circles.

That said, there’s some misinformation in the media right now. And to be honest, that happens in more cases than we wish.

Some news outlets, for example, originally reported that Kelsey’s mom said she loved her “dog.” But since then, we have watched the police presser and seen it clarified that she said “God.” This is also confirmed by her pastor’s impression of her, her social media posts which talk about God and do not mention a dog, and her mother’s interview with KOAA 5 in which she again says “God.”

The police themselves have confirmed both in their timeline and in the presser that Kelsey’s mom called them on Dec. 2 and that when they then contacted the phone company, they discovered the phone last pinged from Gooding on Nov.25.

The baby is currently being taken care of by the baby’s father and paternal grandmother. It has been reported the baby was exchanged at Safeway, that the mom dropped the baby off, and that the fiancé/dad picked the baby up. The police have only said the dad “reported” that he picked the baby up on the afternoon of Thanksgiving. They haven’t offered a location.

The fiancé turned over his cell phone (obviously police would ask for the cell she texted him from) and gave them a DNA swab. Although there have been rumors he refused to allow his property to be searched, no 1 has actually said that—not the media or the police. All the police have said is, when asked if they will search, they said something like “we’ll have to look at that.”

There’s been some funny banter about dogs and cinnamon rolls which provides a nice breather, but over time, I felt like the comments started to take over the thread and distract from the real purpose of exploring where Kelsey might be. I hope we can rally around that purpose today.

^^^^^^
Great Post. Thank You.

IMO there are really only two outcomes and both make sense to me.

1. She left of her her own free will and while that doesn’t make sense to a lot of people, many woman have done it. And tbh not much about this case makes much sense.

2. She met with foul play.

I truly believe LE has some indication of which of those two scenarios are most likely. The fact they aren’t releasing any new information indicates to me that they have a strong suspicion of what did in fact occur.

I agree.

If we are being fair, there is so much we don’t know that the outcome may be something we never discussed.

For example, Kelsey could (hypothetically) have a new love interest her mom was not aware of. Perhaps she went off on a weekend trip with that guy and was met with foul play...or perhaps when she returned to pick up the baby, her fiancé refused and they got into an argument.

Not saying these are likely, but just pointing out the range of possibilities that are out there in the absence of more facts.

I watched it live -not sure if video posted yet
Is this her mother’s interview with KOAA 5 in which she again says “God."? Or is there another interview?

I am on the fence in this case. Stuck on the fence, with several possible scenarios looming....

Possible scenarios:

1. KB got upset, or fed up, and voluntarily left home, to sort things out.

[a] she is off grid for now but is OK

OR she ran into the wrong people and things went bad

[c] she ended her own life

2. Someone close to her , made her 'disappear '

3. A random predator made her disappear in an opportunity attack

I am still leaning towards number 2, but 1 is also possible
Kelsey would never take her own life, she believed in God and that is not an option.

MOO Is there a chance that the statement from PF wasn't the only thing handled that day in the attys office. Could there had been communication from his lawyer to her family warning them of defamation of character? It did seem KB's mom in that interview seemed to now talk so highly of the fiance.

According to this article the Mom really doesnt even know him that well.

"Though, Kelsey's family reportedly said, "they don't really know" Frazee when they were asked if they "questioned his character."

Frazee was also invited to the press conference that was held in Woodland Park on Monday, Dec. 10, but he did not attend, according to Woodland Park Police. Frazee and Berreth did not live together despite their engagement. "

Vanished: Authorities investigating disappearance of ex-Warden woman

According to this article the Mom really doesnt even know him that well.

"Though, Kelsey's family reportedly said, "they don't really know" Frazee when they were asked if they "questioned his character."

Frazee was also invited to the press conference that was held in Woodland Park on Monday, Dec. 10, but he did not attend, according to Woodland Park Police. Frazee and Berreth did not live together despite their engagement. "

Vanished: Authorities investigating disappearance of ex-Warden woman
I saw that too. They really don't know him. Again it makes me curious about a "defamation of character" being issued.

IMO there are really only two outcomes and both make sense to me.

1. She left of her her own free will and while that doesn’t make sense to a lot of people, many woman have done it. And tbh not much about this case makes much sense.

2. She met with foul play.

I truly believe LE has some indication of which of those two scenarios are most likely. The fact they aren’t releasing any new information indicates to me that they have a strong suspicion of what did in fact occur.

JMO
I sadly think #2 and here is why:

She went to the store that morning to do a little shopping apparantly and in video all seemed normal. She did not look distressed or upset or in a rush.

Fresh baked Cinamon Buns left out. Anyone who goes through the trouble to bake usually will put them up so they dont go stale.

There were no clothes packed or luggage missing or anything like that according to the brother. The only thing apparantly missing was her and her purse.

Her Mom said it would be totally out of her character to go away and not tell someone of her plans.

Both cars left in driveway.

She went missing around Thanksgiving Day. Thanksgiving and main holidays like that seem to bring on relationship disasters in other cases. We have seen that too many times in other cases where a main holiday precipitates something bad happening. Emotions get high on holidays for most everyone (good and bad emotions).

All this and more indicates sadly to me that #2 is more likely. I hope Im wrong.

Last edited:
Tori Mason‏Verified account @ToriMasonTV

Rita Gutierrez-Garcia is still missing. Kelsey Berreth is still missing. These are mothers, sisters, daughters and friends. We need to find them.

DuTJbKYWwAAq9dQ.jpg

Tori Mason on Twitter

Hi everyone! I'm completely new here. I just can't get something off my mind regarding the text to PF and KB's employer...

Suspecting foul play of course in this scenario, it is possible that "someone" could have put scheduled text messages on KB's phone before sending it off attached to a car from Idaho. I was looking on my phone and i can send a message a year from now if i wanted to.

It was the holiday, I'm sure people were traveling across the country to visit family, or even a trucker. I think her phone could be stuck up under a vehicle somewhere with an unsuspecting Idaho resident. It would still have battery life to send the texts after a few days and to ping the tower.

<modsnip - sleuthing family>

Just my speculation. Glad to find a place to get it out of my head!

Last edited by a moderator:
I also think that if there’s any reason to believe Kelsey could have left on her own accord, they may not want to badmouth him and thus complicate her relationship with her fiancé and the father of her child. If Kelsey did happen to return (I don’t see this as super likely, but hold out hope), and needed to continue to co-parent or proceeded to even marry this man, they would not want to have made an enemy out of him.

If more evidence comes out that points to the fiance’s involvement, I am sure their tune will change.

I saw that too. They really don't know him. Again it makes me curious about a "defamation of character" being issued.

Kelsey would never take her own life, she believed in God and that is not an option.

Please consider becoming verified so we are able to acknowledge your relationship to Kelsey. This is only for her protection and those of her loved ones. I’m sure you can provide great insight into who Kelsey is as a person, which seems lovely from what I’ve gathered.

Most of the scheduled text apps I am aware of can only send the phone a reminder “push notification” to post the scheduled text. They cannot actually post them without the user seeing the reminder and clicking to post it. Scheduled is a new app that lets you schedule your text messages

Does anyone know of an app that can pre-schedule posts and actually post them?

While I consider either the possibility that Kelsey herself texted these or that someone else did, I tend to think that someone had her phone in their hand and live texted in either case.

It would be interesting to know if Kelsey’s work or the fiancé responded to the texts and if the person using the phone responded back at all. It seems unlikely since it hasn’t been mentioned, but police could also be withholding the content of any texts as they seek to verify them.

To put this situation in perspective, it is very hard in 2018 to voluntarily disappear without a trace. Even if she destroyed her cell phone, she would need money to live. Unless she accumulated a large amount of cash or made a large withdrawal, she would need to use a debit or credit card. If she checked into some kind of rehab facility she would have had to have a fake name and a form of payment. I am sure LE has thoroughly checked these things and is monitoring her accounts.

About the only way she could pull this off is if she had someone helping her so she did not leave any trace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong