CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that. But why say "isolated", that means singular? He could have easily said his client is not a person of interest... period.
Also, when I read it, it felt like there was no personal emotion
I was on the fence until we got more info. I'm firmly in the #2 camp now.

At first I thought it was strange or that perhaps CB has been misinformed about Kelsey's relationship status with PF, but after seeing more of her interviews I think CB is being smart. Possibly a "you catch more flies with honey" kind of thinking. Or perhaps a Matthew 10:16 strategy (shrew as snakes/innocent as doves). Plus, he has her grand daughter. I'm guessing CB hopes to see her again. MOO.
You could very well be right. I was dumbfounded as to her answer, or lack of answer in regard to "do you want to see your grandchild? (something like that). I played it several times and can't wrap my head around what she is saying.

I have an APP on my phone which can send text messages at a specific time in the future. My phone just has to be on. The message is still coming from my phone.

i.e., a time machine sort of thing.

I totally understand getting legal advice whether innocent or guilty. I get that. And I can understand a reluctance to be interviewed. I'm sure Kelsey's mom does not want to be interviewed either.

What is harder to understand is the impression that is being made. The public at least isn't seeing any concern from this person, no pleas on behalf of the child to be reunited with her mom.....we're seeing nothing and really the only words we've heard are telling media to get off his property.

This same person who isn't displaying any concern is the same person who didn't notify LE that Kelsey hasn't been home in over a week. Having legal advice and representation is understandable; giving such a cold impression is harder to understand.

The appearance, whether he intends it or not, is that he cares more about his own protection than that of Kelsey.

I also tell myself there might be a reason for that - maybe he knows something about the situation that explains is apparent cold feelings about it. I do keep that in mind, though I lean in a different direction.

jmo
I totally agree there is a lot about the public behavior that is troubling. However we don't know what is being said privately to LE and there may be completely reasonable explanations. LE is going to find this out pretty quickly now that they are on the trail.

If he couldn't make it at that the time scheduled seems that LE would have rescheduled it to suit everyone. The presser was announced the day before, everyone involved had to know about it since it was officially announced. JMO
Yes, and not an hour before.

I was on the fence until we got more info. I'm firmly in the #2 camp now.

At first I thought it was strange or that perhaps CB has been misinformed about Kelsey's relationship status with PF, but after seeing more of her interviews I think CB is being smart. Possibly a "you catch more flies with honey" kind of thinking. Or perhaps a Matthew 10:16 strategy (shrew as snakes/innocent as doves). Plus, he has her grand daughter. I'm guessing CB hopes to see her again. MOO.
I think she is smart....and I also think she's simply a nice person. I don't think she will "bear false witness" against anyone without absolute proof, ykwim? I also think she is doing her best to adhere to what LE might be asking of her (she mentioned not being able to talk about certain details). I think what we see in her appearances is respect and honesty. She doesn't have incriminating info against the fiance so she's not going to give any impression that there is bad info about him. I think if she learns differently, she will express disappointment and sadness, but we will not see drama from her.

That's my take.

jmo

There is also the possibility that she did go on a drive with someone and that both of them are stranded somewhere due to an accident that made their vehicle difficult to locate in some way.
THIS. There sure is this possibility (or variations of) for one to suddenly leave w just purse/phone while buns cooled! Say the breakup that's been mentioned that day did occur & an upset Kelsey was offered to cruise/talk things out/get mind off of it/etc (I have friends who would def offer that in crisis, even on a holiday) & *advertiser censored* went sideways. IMO if friend/locals close to her could join here & offer insights to the who/how we could explore further.

As long as he is still talking with LE then that is good enough for me

That's why I can't stand all the social media craziness about him. There will be plenty of time for that should he be responsible. Right now we can all be assured of the fact that he is talking to LE and they are asking questions of him that may, or may not, lead to KB.

I am really behind. Can someone tell me whether or not it has been confirmed that they were still a couple, or had they broken up? TIA
No updates on this that I have seen. It seems like he is still being referred to as the fiance. Police's use of the word "custody exchange" suggests otherwise. Kelsey's mother not having seen the baby yet makes it seem like Kelsey and PF are no longer a couple. Kelsey's mother used past tense a couple times in her interviews, "They were a loving couple" "The economy has been difficult, but they were trying to make it work" (paraphrased) etc. But the reporter also used past tense in asking the questions so perhaps she was responding in kind.

I haven't seen any official confirmations about still being a couple or not.

Also, when I read it, it felt like there was no personal emotion

You could very well be right. I was dumbfounded as to her answer, or lack of answer in regard to "do you want to see your grandchild? (something like that). I played it several times and can't wrap my head around what she is saying.

I need to go back and find that to watch again. I got the feeling she wanted to say more in that clip but was holding back in order to not say anything negative about PF. JMO.

To the poster that said:
"What is harder to understand is the impression that is being made. The public at least isn't seeing any concern from this person, no pleas on behalf of the child to be reunited with her mom.....we're seeing nothing and really the only words we've heard are telling media to get off his property.

This same person who isn't displaying any concern is the same person who didn't notify LE that Kelsey hasn't been home in over a week. Having legal advice and representation is understandable; giving such a cold impression is harder to understand.

The appearance, whether he intends it or not, is that he cares more about his own protection than that of Kelsey."

I just read this to my husband and he agreed! Then he said: " Not only would I be at the press conf. I'd be crying much like her brother on the news."
Wether. I was asked or "invited" to a press conference, I'd be there.

The very first articles about Kelsey quoted a "brother in law" who was trying to call her and getting no answer. Does anyone know if this was PF's brother or a relative on Kelsey's side?

Did PF have family from Idaho visiting for Thanksgiving?

Prayers for the family members here. I'm deeply sorry you're going through this.

I am really behind. Can someone tell me whether or not it has been confirmed that they were still a couple, or had they broken up? TIA
Idk that answer, but, I thought it was interesting in that interview something about KB buying a tree for only her and the baby. To me, it was an odd comment if KB was engaged and the 3 were a family.
Edit: I went back and watched it again and the mother thought the three were going to go and buy a tree together.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member