CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was mentioned that she, her fiance and the baby might be going to go pick out a Christmas tree.
I went back and watched it. My volume needed to be a lot night to hear it properly. Yes, it was the 3 of them.

Knowing cell phone activity would be so helpful! Who was in communication with who and did it suddenly stop? I think her cell phone went silent on the 22nd until the ping in Idaho on the 25th and that's why they say she went missing that day, otherwise how would they know the day she disappeared?

From the link:

Cheryl Berreth said the last time she spoke with Kelsey, she seemed normal and happy.

"I think she wants to be found. She has no reason to be hiding, she's gotta desperately miss K."

"She needed a recipe. She had something she wanted to make that afternoon."

When asked if Kelsey said what her Thanksgiving plans were, Cheryl said, "There was the possibility of going out to dinner."

Reporter: "Is she excited to get married?"

Cheryl: "Yes, they had plans - no date. but plans."

Reporter: "Did she have a dress yet?"

Cheryl: "No. I don't think she cared about the big wedding kind of thing...it was between them and God."
Could someone link me this interview?

Adding on to my previous post, I wonder if PF told anyone else about the text message he reportedly received from KB on 11/25? IE, did he tell this to his family, and that's why they weren't worried about her being gone so long? I'm guessing LE would be looking at all of these angles, just not public knowledge yet.

Her mother's response to the questions about seeing her granddaughter are very telling IMO. She's been there how long now, and hasn't seen her grand baby? When she responded to the question of if she hopes to see her with "I don't know, one day at a time" , my first thought was she responded that way because she doesn't know if she will be allowed to see her. Why? It gives off the impression that PF and KB's mother are not working together to find her. JMO.

Some excellent points made on every side of this truly bizarre puzzle. It has been pointed out already but with the timeline put out by the WPPD the fact that it was Kelsey’s mother who got the ball rolling on the welfare check, 7 days after any possible last contact and 10 days after any known last contact is the thing that sticks out as the most out of place puzzle piece. I’m fully aware of the almost endless different combination of family dynamics that exist but it really stretches even the most generous of interpretations when it comes to PF not reporting her missing or as far as we know even raising the alarm to anyone in his orbit. If it is indeed fact that PF received a text from KB’s phone on 11/25 then I too am intrigued as to why investigators have withheld the contents of that message. At the very least one would think that the message probably wasn’t your standard get in touch message and that it might contain a clue or two.

Adding on to my previous post, I wonder if PF told anyone else about the text message he reportedly received from KB on 11/25? IE, did he tell this to his family, and that's why they weren't worried about her being gone so long? I'm guessing LE would be looking at all of these angles, just not public knowledge yet.

My question too. The ONLY plausible explanation to PF’s silence in this long interval of time between the last contact and the alarm being sounded is that text. Nothing else makes sense to me even considering different interpersonal dynamics

Her mother's response to the questions about seeing her granddaughter are very telling IMO. She's been there how long now, and hasn't seen her grand baby? When she responded to the question of if she hopes to see her with "I don't know, one day at a time" , my first thought was she responded that way because she doesn't know if she will be allowed to see her. Why? It gives off the impression that PF and KB's mother are not working together to find her. JMO.

I would love for an attorney to tell us the protocol on this. Do her parents have to seek grandparents visitation rights if the father won't permit them to see the baby and how long would that take? Seems strange that they wouldn't be allowed to see her given the circumstances. I have a feeling that the lack of cooperation is bigger than we know right now.

About 5:34

She definitely seemed to be searching for the right words; trying to be careful.

When she's asked if she hopes to do that (see her granddaughter) on this trip, her answer is, "I don't know. One day at a time."

MOO

I watched it a few more times. I feel like she was surprised by the question and the wind went out of her sails a bit the way she breathed in. Then when she said "I don't know. One day at a time." I think she was not answering the exact question of whether she hopes to see the baby but was answering an implied question of whether she would get to see the baby (which was what the reporter asked in the first place-- had she had a chance to see her). This must be so overwhelming with Kelsey being missing and not knowing if she will ever be allowed to visit her granddaughter again. :(

There are so many questions we would like the answers to. What was on the texts? Where was the location of the phones that sent and received texts. What were Kelsey's plans on the 22nd? What were in texts between Kelsey and her fiancé in the weeks before her disappearance? And a dozen other questions that we don't have the answers to.

Guess who has the answers to all of this. The FBI.

And the FBI has a lot to lose by disclosing information, and very little to gain with putting out information. I have a lot of confidence that this case will be solved and result in a conviction. Primarily because I believe a crime of passion occurred and with that comes a lot of loose ends that cannot be covered.

I am reposting something below that I posted about 100 pages ago (I guess you can't direct quote a closed thread). It reminds that while Kelsey's situation has become personal and likely tragic, justice will be served. So at least I can chill out a little.

****************************************************************************************************

Something to think about, information from the handling of the suspect in the Hania Aguilar case:

When asked why the FBI and Lumberton police insisted after Hania's body was found that McLellan was not a person of interest in the case even though rumors were circulating on social media that he had confessed, Britt said that it was because they were trying to build a case based on "proof beyond a reasonable doubt."

He said McLellan became a suspect shortly after the stolen SUV was found.

"There was sufficient evidence that we could have charged him but there was a hole that needed to be filled and that hole was finding Hania," he said.

Britt also said they didn't want to release McLellan's name "for the sake of avoiding the prejudicial effect on the subsequent prosecution."

"So Chief McNeil and the FBI were told by me that they were not going to release Mr. McLellan's name until we had sufficient evidence we believed to convict him," he said.

DA: McLellan became suspect in Hania's murder shortly after SUV was found

No confirmations of anything. We only have speculations they might have broken up. Her mom says they had plans to get married but Kelsey didn't have a dress or a date and wasn't interested in a big wedding. Her mom says their plans were between them and God. Her family continues to call PF her fiance. However, everything I see here looks to me like Kelsey was not in a relationship headed toward marriage. Here is what I'm basing my opinions on:

1. She bought a house in her own name in May of this year. PF's name is not on the house at all and Kelsey made a transfer of the property to a company connected with her family's business that may give her extra asset protection. This is a step most average home owners would not do.

2. Kelsey worked long hours and commuted 70 miles to her job. Her career choice is one that a strong, independent woman would choose and she loved her job. I get the impression she was dependable and a hard worker to have this type of career. She probably live where she did to be near her daughter and see her on her days off.

3. Her religious background may be a factor in how we view this "relationship". Her daughter is 14 months old. A 7th Day Adventist member here explained that her family may tend to see them as a couple no matter what as an effort to "save face" in the public eye. And even if Kelsey was never getting married to him she might continue to tell her family that was the plan because to say otherwise would be less acceptable. But if they were engaged and not living together it's slightly more acceptable to the family.

4. I get the impression that PF was not ready to commit and that was the problem. It's been at least two years since this relationship started so they have had plenty of time to get married. Kelsey's mom says the price of cattle was a concern and they didn't have the money they wanted to have to get married. This sounds to me like a line that PF was feeding Kelsey for why they could not get married and Kelsey told her mom that info too. But we know that Kelsey was successful enough to buy her own house. I think money was not HER problem at all.

I think Kelsey may have moved on from the relationship but was still telling her family the marriage would happen eventually. I think she only wanted to see her daughter grow up and live her own life-- hence the house in her own name and the job she loved that required so many hours. Maybe PF was a lousy a boyfriend, not willing to commit, but took good care of her daughter? I think she broke up with him and someone was not happy about that. Because that can be a dangerous time when a woman leaves a relationship. But this is only my theory at the moment. MOO.
I agree that something seems very off with the engagement. I have trouble reconciling how the price of cattle matters after hearing Kelsey's mom say, "I don't think she cared about the big wedding kind of thing." If money was not the hold-up, what was?
MOO

I agree that something seems very off with the engagement. I have trouble reconciling how the price of cattle matters after hearing Kelsey's mom say, "I don't think she cared about the big wedding kind of thing." If money was not the hold-up, what was?
MOO

Purely speculation maybe KB wanted him to step up and help with the purchase of a home for all of them, he was stalling and she decided to do it on her own, buy a place for her and the baby. I think the issues with the wedding or marriage were his and not hers, jmo

Since, as far as we know, KB had no plans to have dinner with PF (especially given the handoff of the child), and she was baking rolls that were left out.. It seems most likely that she was planning on spending time with someone that day... Someone that perhaps her family nor PF knew of (coworker or student) didn't seem she had many other opportunities to meet people.

That person shows up.. Is let into the home.. She probably plans to take the rolls with her and go somewhere else since she wasn't making anything else and no big meal was planned... But then something goes awry.. And she's missing.

It seems less likely PF is responsible (unless he had help and very careful planning) but that a third party we are unaware of is.. And that she was indeed on a long journey out of town (probably not voluntarily) with this person explaining the ping in ID. If the above premise is true, it would be extremely difficult to ascertain her location and whether or not she's in danger.

However... Very odd that a great amount of time passed and PF did not seem alarmed, contact authorities, or her family. Perhaps this could be explained by a more accurate description of their relationship than fiancé as the behavior seems asinine to a couple who had plans to Wed.

Just a theory.. MOO.. Limited facts available in this case.

The part that I can’t get around in this regard is that her family was told by her she was having dinner with him. We heard it from her mom and a family member on Facebook. Maybe this wasn’t truthful if she didn’t want them to know their relationship wasn’t in a good place.

But if she did have plans to have dinner with him, the handoff seems ridiculous. Maybe he didn’t care about keeping up appearances and was very up front about them exchanging their daughter before he realized she had told her family that they were going to have dinner together. The two scenarios don’t go together in my opinion.

I am puzzled as to why DNA was requested and obtained. There's no evidence that Kelsey is no longer with us. Maybe an envelope was sent and they do not know who sent it. There was supposed to be a search warrant on Kelsey's house (trailerhouse?) There was also a welfare check. The police supposedly need the owner's permission to enter a house. I think there may be something in this phase of the investigation that is critical. The only reason for wanting DNA is to check it with another DNA. It just seems too early in the investigation to obtain DNA unless they have some DNA they want to match it to.

The Woodland Park Police Department is to provide a liaison between the police and the public. Obviously there are some questions they cannot answer, but they can confirm if they only gave Patrick one hour's notice.

The only other possible scenario with this hand-off of the baby that could make sense to me, is if he was going to watch the baby while she prepared a dish and got dressed.
But that still doesn't explain why he didn't report her missing!

Something that I don't understand is how KB was not declared missing by PF or by any of his family. Was it routine for KB to hand off the baby to him for weeks at a time without contact? Even if PF himself didn't contact authorities, wouldn't his mom (whom is seems he lives with, or at least sees a lot) wonder about the whereabouts of KB? Of course it's possible that PF told his mom/family that KB was going to be gone for a while, but you would think that would have been reported. Maybe I'm just missing something.
I think there is more to the story than we are hearing.

In an article linked above it was stated that KB and her mom talk often, they were joined at the hip. Why didn't her mom or PF sound the alarm before December 2nd? There must be a reason, we just don't know yet. Is it just a coincidence that a text was received by KB's employer on the 25th saying she was taking the week off and exactly one week later the police or notified. Perhaps alarms were going off with mom before that and she allowed exactly one week to go by before contacting police.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304