GUILTY UK - Viktorija Sokolova, 14, Murdered, Wolverhampton W. Mids, 11 April 2018 *Arrests*

Made me wonder if that was part of the reason they met up ? He was going to London and she wanted to go too ?

The girl, who cannot be named for legal reasons, also claimed Viktorija had arranged a midnight rendezvous with defendant, who called himself 'Lazy Cho'.
She told us that she was going to London the next day to get away from Wolverhampton.
'She did not give a reason she just said I'm going to London for a few months.

Girl, 16, 'battered to death by teen was told by aunt not to meet him' | Daily Mail Online

He contacted her and asked if she wanted to come to West Park for a smoke but she didn't reply until the following evening.

'When she replied, the accused told her he intended to go to London and suggested they met up before he left.

Chilling CCTV shows final moments of schoolgirl, 14, murdered in Wolverhampton | Daily Mail Online

Based on what we have read I'm not sure I could convict
Certain things worry me ..why would he take a change of trousers?
It would be very difficult for a 16 year old to drag body across the park and lift her over the side of the bench
No blood on his jacket or in the house
Plus it sounds a very violent attack for a 16 year old ..I know there are a lot of generalisations here but I struggle with it.
Her shoes by the edge of the lake is odd
I'm not convinced he acted alone ..maybe didn't want to give evidence out of fear of incriminating others

IDK. The additional DNA is troubling, and the explanations for it don't feel convincing. OTOH, there's strong evidence that he raped her, despite his claims of "consensual sex," and if he's lying about that then he may also be lying about the attack and/or have an accomplice.

The odds that he raped her and then went home, for someone else to then finish off, pose and dispose of various items seems far-fetched to me -- more so than the capacity of an adrenline-charged teen in a desperate situation (one who has selfies of himself lifting weights etc.) to carry a small person some distance and then try to clean up. I did think at one point that she might have been followed/found by someone close to her but that again seems more unlikely than what the prosecution alleges. This was a rage killing, IMO, and the defendant is again the most likely to have been motivated by anger.

This is such an ugly case, in so many ways. Poor Viktorija.

If he's a big strong weight lifting 16 yr old would explain a lot for me ..I agree the chances of some on happening upon her and getting involved is very very slim..I'm not convinced he totally acted alone though and I still find the lack of forensics and him taking a change of trousers along worrying ..I hope the jury have a lot more to go on than us because I struggle to be sure

Made me wonder if that was part of the reason they met up ? He was going to London and she wanted to go too ?

The girl, who cannot be named for legal reasons, also claimed Viktorija had arranged a midnight rendezvous with defendant, who called himself 'Lazy Cho'.
She told us that she was going to London the next day to get away from Wolverhampton.
'She did not give a reason she just said I'm going to London for a few months.

Girl, 16, 'battered to death by teen was told by aunt not to meet him' | Daily Mail Online

He contacted her and asked if she wanted to come to West Park for a smoke but she didn't reply until the following evening.

'When she replied, the accused told her he intended to go to London and suggested they met up before he left.

Chilling CCTV shows final moments of schoolgirl, 14, murdered in Wolverhampton | Daily Mail Online

It makes me wonder if she was planning on sleeping on a bench in the pavilion that night. From what I've seen of the cctv footage she didn't take a packed bag with her for going to London, but maybe she had no other clothes. When her mother went to bed she dead-bolted the door from the inside and set the alarm. Viktorija knew the locking up procedure.

I'm thinking there's a good possibility the clothes she was wearing were the clothes she bought with the money she stole from her step-father 3 days before she was murdered, after her mother burned her clothes. It's a complicated relationship but I would infer from that a plain signal of we don't want you here.

Based on what we have read I'm not sure I could convict
Certain things worry me ..why would he take a change of trousers?
It would be very difficult for a 16 year old to drag body across the park and lift her over the side of the bench
No blood on his jacket or in the house
Plus it sounds a very violent attack for a 16 year old ..I know there are a lot of generalisations here but I struggle with it.
Her shoes by the edge of the lake is odd
I'm not convinced he acted alone ..maybe didn't want to give evidence out of fear of incriminating others

Why would he take a change of trousers? Same reason he'd take a hammer/weapon. It was planned.

If he'd taken off the jacket and left it say, on a bench or hanging in the pavilion away from the blood loss - then changed his trousers and top - washed off blood in the lake (hence the phone being in middle of lake and boots next to it) then put the coat on and left ... no blood on coat.

No blood IN his house cause he didn't go in his house - he and brother went elsewhere for an hour - bag (containing blood stained top, trousers, trainers and weapon) was disposed of and defendent thoroughly cleaned.

With shows like Dexter and Making a Murderer, it's not hard to pick up tips on getting away with murder these days.

It makes me wonder if she was planning on sleeping on a bench in the pavilion that night. From what I've seen of the cctv footage she didn't take a packed bag with her for going to London, but maybe she had no other clothes. When her mother went to bed she dead-bolted the door from the inside and set the alarm. Viktorija knew the locking up procedure.

I'm thinking there's a good possibility the clothes she was wearing were the clothes she bought with the money she stole from her step-father 3 days before she was murdered, after her mother burned her clothes. It's a complicated relationship but I would infer from that a plain signal of we don't want you here.

I have to disagree completely.
My own daughter went through a 'difficult phase' and I've since fostered teens with issues like Toris.

Her mother's methods (destroying clothes) don't say 'we don't want you here - they say 'I'm desperate to stop you leaving and going out with that bad crowd you've been mixing with' ...

Why would he take a change of trousers? Same reason he'd take a hammer/weapon. It was planned.

If he'd taken off the jacket and left it say, on a bench or hanging in the pavilion away from the blood loss - then changed his trousers and top - washed off blood in the lake (hence the phone being in middle of lake and boots next to it) then put the coat on and left ... no blood on coat.

No blood IN his house cause he didn't go in his house - he and brother went elsewhere for an hour - bag (containing blood stained top, trousers, trainers and weapon) was disposed of and defendent thoroughly cleaned.

With shows like Dexter and Making a Murderer, it's not hard to pick up tips on getting away with murder these days.
He did go into his house. And nothing has been said about him changing his top. Even if he removed his trousers in the pavilion I think he would have blood on his hands and sleeves which would transfer to the new trousers.

At 1.31am, it [accused's phone] was switched off before the accused and his brother are seen leaving the house.

They were out for about an hour before returning home.

UK - Viktorija Sokolova, 14, Murdered, Wolverhampton W. Mids, 11 April 2018 *Arrests*

He did go into his house. And nothing has been said about him changing his top. Even if he removed his trousers in the pavilion I think he would have blood on his hands and sleeves which would transfer to the new trousers.

At 1.31am, it [accused's phone] was switched off before the accused and his brother are seen leaving the house.

They were out for about an hour before returning home.

UK - Viktorija Sokolova, 14, Murdered, Wolverhampton W. Mids, 11 April 2018 *Arrests*

I know it hasn't been mentioned in media but, if we beleive that he took a change of trousers then it's not a stretch of the imagination to think he's changed his top too ...

I have to disagree completely.
My own daughter went through a 'difficult phase' and I've since fostered teens with issues like Toris.

Her mother's methods (destroying clothes) don't say 'we don't want you here - they say 'I'm desperate to stop you leaving and going out with that bad crowd you've been mixing with' ...
Yep, I've known someone very well with a daughter who went through similar to Viktorija, locking the house up at night, running away, horrible friends, playing truant etc. But I never heard of getting rid of/burning clothes before, or that being a message of 'don't leave'.

I know it hasn't been mentioned in media but, if we beleive that he took a change of trousers then it's not a stretch of the imagination to think he's changed his top too ...
We can't invent what isn't in the evidence though, as what we think might have happened. Well we can but the jury can't. Prosecution only say if it is him he is wearing different trousers.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back