AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #28

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the discussion about the neighbors, I dont get the same vibe about these people that some here do, so I just rewatched their DM interview.

Video: Jayme Closs neighbors heard two gunshots before a 911 call was made | Daily Mail Online

I could be being a really bad judge of character right now, but I believe them that they heard gunshots. I kind of feel that maybe the "loud" description doesnt fit with casings LE found, or the weapon used to kill James and Denise, and the time those shots were heard somehow doesnt fit with the timeline LE have narrowed down for the crime, but I do believe they still could have happened.

From what I have seen (and I could be wrong here) Sheriff has never said the shots didnt happened. He has moreless just said the neighbors account dont fit within the actual facts of the crime scene, and theres no proof - except earwitness - that they happened.

So first I wonder if this is another peculiar part of the story the Sheriff is keeping to himself for some reason. And second, Im wondering, instead of James taking the dog out, is it possible he went out to see what those shots were about? This was discussed early on that someone fired shots to see if any lights came on, anyone came outside, etc.

I just have a hard time throwing out those gunshots heard. These people have never seemed suspicious to me (or elderly! Lol), just unknowing and unsuspecting. If they didnt hear something, I dont see them creating a sensationalized story just because. They just dont seem like "5 minutes of fame" kind of people. I also dont believe they meant to sell themselves out to a tabloid either, if they even got paid. I believe they were approached and simply did the interview. Same as the Sheriff did a few weeks later. I also dont get the feeling at all that they are badmouthing the Closs's. Just stating what they saw and knew about them, which is nothing. They clearly werent close friends, but not seemingly enemies either. Seems both parties just kept to themselves. Jmho.
Actually I have never heard the sheriff say anything implying that what the neighbors heard didn’t fit the crime scene. And you’re right, there’s no conceivable motive for those folks to say so specificly what they heard - unless that’s exactly what they heard. I too believe it’s credible.

It wouldnt take but a few seconds..way under a minute to shoot and instantly kill both parents.

Imo Denise wasnt heard on the 911 call. Imo she was dead before the dispatcher could pick up.

Fitzgerald said the commotion heard on the enchanced 911 call seemed to be happening or coming from another room from where Denise's phone was located. Which as we know was in the same area where both Jim and Denise were found. Fitzgerald believes the suspect kicked the phone away and it happened to land closer to where Denise lay dead than Jim's dead body which means they were found in the same general area not far from each other.

Imo they know Jayme was alive at the time both of her parents were murdered is they hear Jayme's voice on the enhanced 911 call in the commotion Fitzgerald said was coming from another room.

I believe they heard her screaming for someone to help her hoping her screams would be heard on the outside of her home.

I haven't seen anything Fitzgerald has said that indicates Jayme even knew her mom had tried to call 911 before being shot dead in the same close area Jim was also in when he was instantly killed. Jim was shot first right before Denise was killed seconds later. Imo

Imo when both Jim and Denise heard the disturbance at the front door they more than likely screamed out to Jayme to stay in her room and not come out.

The commotion heard on the 911 call is when the suspect knew both parents were dead and it was then he turned his attention to forcing Jayme from her home.

Jmo though
You know, sadly as I read this it occurred to me that maybe she tried saving one of her parents and that could be why she was screaming for help, and also could be how they know she was there. I never really thought of something like that before. :(

The aunt said she was home alone in the morning or something like that.

When there is a highway, the bus stops at eac driveway. There is no walking to a central spot
Wow...that's unusual for them to stop at each drive on a Highway. Also would be annoying to travelers I would think. When I said alone, I would believe an adult would be close by. But, I shouldn't make assumptions because I don't know if she did or didn't. Don't know anything definite about any of them. :(

Where does it state the call lasted 47 seconds? By whom and why did the call end after 47 seconds? Don't 911 dispatchers stay on the line until officers reach the scene? Whose prints were on that phone?

Where was the 'pole cam' located, which police requested to see?
"1:54 317 ADVISED ERT REQUESTING POLE CAM."

Not sure about 47 seconds but this is the nearest report i could find for it.

WEAU NEWS dated 17 October 2018:

The sheriff's department says it received a 911 call overnight with one word standing out, "help." Deputies say when they received the call no one on the phone interacted with dispatchers and while yelling was heard Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald said it was hard to decipher.

Sheriff Fitzgerald says the 911 call came in around 1A.M. The call came from a cell phone inside the residence but it’s not known who made the call. “We could hear yelling in the background on this 911 call, not much information," said Fitzgerald.

He says the call lasted less than a minute and the only word that can be understood is “help”.

I know nothing about WEAU News, anyone know if they're a reliable source? They have at least quoted the Sheriff rather than say an 'FBI insider' told them!

Wow...that's unusual for them to stop at each drive on a Highway. Also would be annoying to travelers I would think. When I said alone, I would believe an adult would be close by. But, I shouldn't make assumptions because I don't know if she did or didn't. Don't know anything definite about any of them. :(

What do school buses do where you live for kids living on a rural highway?

Yes, it is annoying. In MN and perhaps elsewhere they have a petition for more severe penalties for cars passing a stopped school bus.

What can be done? If the parents are at work, how could Jayme get to school?

Yes, it is annoying. In MN and perhaps elsewhere they have a petition for more severe penalties for cars passing a stopped school bus.

We can assume there are other students her age on the bus who take it under the same circumstances.

Actually I have never heard the sheriff say anything implying that what the neighbors heard didn’t fit the crime scene. And you’re right, there’s no conceivable motive for those folks to say so specificly what they heard - unless that’s exactly what they heard. I too believe it’s credible.
Here's a link to an article where the Sheriff addresses that:
'You almost never see this': 5 questions about the Jayme Closs disappearance

Fitzgerald said the neighbors' account of gunshots is unsubstantiated, and nothing points to shots going off around that time. He's unsure why their time frame differs from investigators'.

"There’s nothing to show that somebody was in the house for 20 minutes," he said.

That’s the problem. We don’t know anything for sure.

I was hoping the vigil last night would spark some talk/action. I also wonder if LE wasn't keeping an eye on who was there and who "wasn't"?

IDK what to think anymore, this case seems so different than many we've followed here. Anything could have happened honestly. I just hope Jayme is found alive at the end of this.

Where l live there are designated stops along the way. Children gather at the stop and board the bus. Usually parents take turns kind of like car pooling back in the day. It's up to the student to get to the bus stop. I will say not many off a highway. County roads yes. And the stops are in clusters. The stops are even covered and have benches...
Here if you pass a stopped school bus it is major and you might as well park your car cause you won't be needing it for a long time.

Not unusual at all in many places. That is exactly how it is where I live. It is a common practice along rural highways where I live and I live over 1,ooo miles away from Wisconsin. Annoying it may be, but it is just a part of life here. You learn to leave earlier or later than the school bus.

You know, sadly as I read this it occurred to me that maybe she tried saving one of her parents and that could be why she was screaming for help, and also could be how they know she was there. I never really thought of something like that before. :(

I think you could be spot on - Jayme made the call when she heard the commotion at the front door then when her parents were shot she ran in to try to save her mom or dad, possibly dropping the phone in the process? If she was near to either of her parents then it would probably explain why LE believe the perp only went 5 feet into the property - to scoop Jayme up while the poor girl was on her knees trying to save her mom or dad. The perp might even have knocked her unconscious while taking her.

I had not got to watch anything about the parents funeral/s, I had had media issues with my computer and after they were resolved I hadn't got around to that yet, tonight I was searching for a clip of sheriff interview I had heard, but not seen, and wanted to listen to it again before I posted about it and maybe wrong in what I thought, didn't find that clip yet, but came upon video of parents caskets being loaded. I thought there was just one casket? the video I just watched has two that look just alike with flowers almost exactly alike but not 100 percent alike. I saved the link but don't know if I should post it til I ask if we did or did not think there was just one that the two parents were both in.

Not unusual at all in many places. That is exactly how it is where I live. It is a common practice along rural highways where I live and I live over 1,ooo miles away from Wisconsin. Annoying it may be, but it is just a part of life here. You learn to leave earlier or later than the school bus.
Yes...I understand. Here most people would do that too... factoring in the school bus schedule.
What's confusing to me is the whole scenario of Jaymie changing schools because of riding the bus where the "caretaker" lived or whatever...so is the caretaker still in the picture in that role?

can someone point me toward the interview where sheriff talks about the 4 min and 5 feet inside? I am having issues finding it.

We can assume there are other students her age on the bus who take it under the same circumstances.

Are there other kids that live by her? I think not. So the bus stops at her driveway.

Other kids on the highway would have the same situation.

Is that not true for kids in MN that live on a highway? Certainly they are not expected to walk on the highway.

Yes...I understand. Here most people would do that too... factoring in the school bus schedule.
What's confusing to me is the whole scenario of Jaymie changing schools because of riding the bus where the "caretaker" lived or whatever...so is the caretaker still in the picture in that role?

I hope someone can find the quote by the aunt that says Jayme was home alone in the mornings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndieLiz