CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cousin Video at link below:

Community holds vigil for mother missing from Woodland Park since Thanksgiving

We asked her cousin, Jodee Garretson, why there was that time span between when she was last seen and when she was reported missing.

"I think there's information that we just don't all know yet because it is tied to the case, and I don't doubt that when all the information comes out, it's going to be understandable at that time," Garretson said. "It's a long story and that's not all something that can be shared right now."

There are no suspects in her disappearance.

Despite supplying the media link above, I haven't had the opportunity to read through, and have read only a handful of media reports. If anyone is willing to indulge me, that would be great!

Questions I have about the case:

1. Have their been any reports about any bizarre behavior on the part of Kelsey or mental health issues like post partum depression? (Excluding unverified rumor spread by any poster ala the Trinket78 debacle on the Watts thread). Any comments to the media by anyone who knew her? Any references to mental health issues in her social media? Has she even expressed any recent emotional distress?

2. Her mom stated it's not like her to disappear. Any evidence that she has done something like this before? Disappeared without warning or suddenly left a job? What are her habits when it comes to communication with work, friends and family and/or her communications regarding travel plans or notification regarding her whereabouts? For example, people who know me know that I let everyone know (family) where I'm going. Especially if I'm hiking I will name the location and often the exact trails if it's a longer hike.

3. Was there a wedding date set? If not, why not?

4. Did she ever live with her fiancée? Why not, if not?

5. Does her fiancée live at home with his mother and if so, anyone know why and for how long? For example, did he move back so grandma could help with the baby?

6. Any info about recent relationship issues or a recent breakup?

7. It appears Kelsey's mom is in CO to help find her daughter. Has she met with and spoke with the fiancée yet and if not, why?

8. Has she been able to see her granddaughter since she's been in CO and if not, why?

9. Either Kelsey or her fiancée have criminal pasts?

10. How about known anger/temper issues for either Kelsey or her fiancée?

11. Is there any info indicating the fiancée may have mental health issues?

12. Does Kelsey's family know her fiancée and if so, how does her family relate to him? Do they have a friendly relationship?

13. Have authorities asked to conduct a search of the fiancée's car or home and if so, has that happened? (I'm pretty sure we don't know).

14. Was there a parenting schedule and if so, when was the next time Kelsey was supposed to have the baby?

15. Did Kelsey and the fiancée have a regular pattern of communication and if so, when was the last time he communicated with her and was he alarmed after she stopped?

16. Did Kelsey's fiancée tell anyone he could not get a hold of Kelsey or that she wasn't communicating and seemed to have disappeared or did he wait until her mother reported her missing on 12-2? If he waited, has anyone said why?

17. What's the couple's history of intimate relationships? Normal? Volatile? Nonexistent?

18. What about their housing and living arrangement histories? Have each been independent financially and/or in their own housing?

19. Does fiancée fly too?

20. Where was fiancée when Kelsey's phones were pinging out of state?

21. What were Kelsey's plans for Thanskgiving? Was she spending it with her fiancée? If so, why no alert by him to police or her family when she did t show up?

22. Why did it take so long for her mom to report her missing?

Observations:

- If Kelsey was supposed to see her baby again before the date she went missing, or see her fiancée for thanksgiving, but didn't show and her fiancée failed to tell the authorities or Kelsey's family or friends - huge red flag.

- If there was a recent break up precipitated by Kelsey, huge red flag.

- If the fiancée has not lived apart from his mom much, that might indicate something is amiss.

- If the fiancée is not allowing grandma to see her grand child, massive red flag.

- Fiancée stated through his attorney that he didn't show for the presser because he only had an hour's notice. But wasn't it forecast days before? If so, he's lying and that's a red flag for me.

Last edited:
Despite supplying the media link above, I haven't had the opportunity to read through, and have read only a handful of media reports. If anyone is willing to indulge me, that would be great!

Questions I have about the case:

1. Have their been any reports about any bizarre behavior on the part of Kelsey or mental health issues like post partum depression? (Excluding unverified rumor spread by any poster ala the Trinket78 debacle on the Watts thread). Any comments to the media by anyone who knew her? Any references to mental health issues in her social media? Has she even expressed any recent emotional distress?

2. Her mom stated it's not like her to disappear. Any evidence that she has done something like this before? Disappeared without warning or suddenly left a job? What are her habits when it comes to communication with work, friends and family and/or her communications regarding travel plans or notification regarding her whereabouts? For example, people who know me know that I let everyone know (family) where I'm going. Especially if I'm hiking I will name the location and often the exact trails if it's a longer hike.

3. Was there a wedding date set? If not, why not?

4. Did she ever live with her fiancée? Why not, if not?

5. Does her fiancée live at home with his mother and if so, anyone know why and for how long? For example, did he move back so grandma could help with the baby?

6. Any info about recent relationship issues or a recent breakup?

7. It appears Kelsey's mom is in CO to help find her daughter. Has she met with and spoke with the fiancée yet and if not, why?

8. Has she been able to see her granddaughter since she's been in CO and if not, why?

9. Either Kelsey or her fiancée have criminal pasts?

10. How about known anger/temper issues for either Kelsey or her fiancée?

11. Is there any info indicating the fiancée may have mental health issues?

12. Does Kelsey's family know her fiancée and if so, how does her family relate to him? Do they have a friendly relationship?

13. Have authorities asked to conduct a search of the fiancée's car or home and if so, has that happened? (I'm pretty sure we don't know).

14. Was there a parenting schedule and if so, when was the next time Kelsey was supposed to have the baby?

15. Did Kelsey and the fiancée have a regular pattern of communication and if so, when was the last time he communicated with her and was he alarmed after she stopped?

16. Did Kelsey's fiancée tell anyone he could not get a hold of Kelsey or that she wasn't communicating and seemed to have disappeared or did he wait until her mother reported her missing on 12-2? If he waited, has anyone said why?

17. What's the couple's history of intimate relationships? Normal? Volatile? Nonexistent?

18. What about their housing and living arrangement histories? Have each been independent financially and/or in their own housing?

19. Does fiancée fly too?

20. Where was fiancée when Kelsey's phones were pinging out of state?

21. What were Kelsey's plans for Thanskgiving? Was she spending it with her fiancée? If so, why no alert by him to police or her family when she did t show up?

22. Why did it take so long for her mom to report her missing?

Observations:

- If Kelsey was supposed to see her baby again before the date she went missing, or see her fiancée for thanksgiving, but didn't show and her fiancée failed to tell the authorities or Kelsey's family or friends - huge red flag.

- If there was a recent break up precipitated by Kelsey, huge red flag.

- If the fiancée has not lived apart from his mom much, that might indicate something is amiss.

- If the fiancée is not allowing grandma to see her grand child, massive red flag.

- Fiancée stated through his attorney that he didn't show for the presser because he only had an hour's notice. But wasn't it forecast days before? If so, he's lying and that's a red flag for me.
#3 - WEDDING: Kelsey's Mom Cheryl B. was asked about wedding plans in one of her recent interviews and she confirmed that there was no wedding date, and KB had not chosen a wedding gown. To the reporters question about a dress, Mom replied that expensive/fancy was not important to KB. In other words, KB will not have to worry about scheduling an advance dress order. And no confirmed info and/or sources for your other inquiries, sorry.

CBS This Morning Video:
Mom of missing Colorado woman recounts last conversation with Kelsey Berreth

I havent read much about Kelsey, but if someone took her, but knew to send a text to her work - and knew how to get in her phone - wouldn’t that make it be someone she knew? Unless the person she’s with demanded her to send the text to have work not worry. But why not also texts to family?

Kelsey is listed there as a commercial pilot and a flight instructor:

Personal Information

KELSEY MARIE BERRETH

PO BOX 811
FLORISSANT CO 80816-0811
County: TELLER
Medical Information:
Medical Class: First Medical Date: 12/2016
BasicMed Course Date: None BasicMed CMEC Date: None
Certificates
COMMERCIAL PILOT

FLIGHT INSTRUCTOR

Certificates Description

Certificate: COMMERCIAL PILOT
Date of Issue: 9/22/2015

Ratings:
COMMERCIAL PILOT
AIRPLANE SINGLE ENGINE LAND
AIRPLANE MULTIENGINE LAND
INSTRUMENT AIRPLANE

Limits:
ENGLISH PROFICIENT.
She is not military but our family has several past and present military family members

Last edited:
Here is what I think, not sure why or where the mental health and hospital come in. Sounds like someone threw rocks in the river to create a ripple effect. Thinking people need to stick to the facts and not opinions on my niece or sister.
Start at the beginning, restate your facts, only those stated by authorities or known family, or lawyer. Do a flow chart of events and facts.

Here is what I think, not sure why or where the mental health and hospital come in. Sounds like someone threw rocks in the river to create a ripple effect. Thinking people need to stick to the facts and not opinions on my niece or sister.
Start at the beginning, restate your facts, only those stated by authorities or known family, or lawyer. Do a flow chart of events and facts.
I completely agree! Being sidetracked is of No help for anyone. All it does is cause more confusion and anguish for Kelsey and her family. The facts are posted on Le page. She’s missing and have to trust Le will be able to find her. They know a lot more than we do. I trust they know what they’re doing and feel like they’re trying their best and will continue to. Moo

We asked her cousin, Jodee Garretson, why there was that time span between when she was last seen and when she was reported missing.

"I think there's information that we just don't all know yet because it is tied to the case, and I don't doubt that when all the information comes out, it's going to be understandable at that time," Garretson said. "It's a long story and that's not all something that can be shared right now."

To me, this sounds like the family is aware of some extenuating circumstances...or a “complicated relationship” etc. that could reasonably explain the delay in reporting her missing.

Thank you again for being here. We are praying for Kelsey and her family.

I agree. I think originally some people explored the area where her phone pinged from to try to think of any places she could be. And that mental health facility was one of the public places in that small town.

If you are able to share any information that would help clarify why she left or what direction she may have been headed in, or with whom, that could help people rally around those details instead. But I understand you may not be able to share, which I also respect.

Since there are many details we don’t know, people here are often just trying to piece together enough facts to even narrow down places she could be that no one has thought of...

Kelsey’s aunt, is there anything we can do that isn’t already being done? I’m sharing her pic and spreading the word. But if there’s something else we can do to soften the blow for your family please let us know. <modsnip> Thank you. Much appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

What's the "long story"?

I posted yesterday about what reasonable scenarios we might be able to think of that could logically explain the few details we do have.

For example, she got a recipe and went grocery shopping and left cinnamon rolls out = perhaps she was interrupted while baking for a holiday gathering.

To me, if we have to guess based on these very limited facts, it seems most likely that she left in a third vehicle with another party who stopped by.

It also seems reasonable to imagine she may have initially left voluntarily due to no signs of struggle. This likely implies someone else was present who she knew and trusted.

If she is not prone to impulsive behavior like running away (and I don’t know anything about this), it also seems reasonable to think she may have either believed there was an emergency (no time to grab much of anything on her way out) or that she believed she wouldn’t be gone long (no reason to grab more than her purse or keys).

But then she didn’t return.

This is where it gets harder for me to come up with reasonable scenarios because the facts get even more sparse.

I think it’s reasonable to think she may have headed toward a Thanksgiving gathering with another party. Who and where?

I think it’s marginally reasonable to think that because her phone ended up in Idaho, she may have been with or been heading toward someone connected to her past childhood or family since she has family there.

I understand the phone ping could be a plant/ruse scenario. I just don’t have any facts that point to that yet. I hope they have something new to reveal at the presser.

Thoughts?

“A long story”. Hmmm.

I imagine the cell phone records or lack there of, traffic/security video and car tag readers will tell the tale.

This case should not be too hard to solve.

Moo

Unless a stranger was responsible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members