CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds to me we’re being told
•Just stick to the facts.
•No speculations.

I think it felt offensive that people were referencing a mental health issue without information, so I agree with Kelsey’s Aunt that there needs to be some sensitivity and commitment to sticking with the facts.

That said, the nature of this site is to try and think about options others may have not yet uncovered. I have participated in cases here where users have used these kind of scenarios to deliver helpful tips or leads to LE and where they have helped with search parties and flyering. So while it’s critical we stay respectful, I think we should stay committed to the conversation and keep turning over rocks out of support for Kelsey. This is an unbelievably hard thing for families. Yet, until she is found, Kelsey could be anywhere and it could be someone here that thinks of a possibility no one else has discovered.

Does anyone have weather information for Nov 22- Nov 25 when her phone pinged? We have lived in Idaho and Colorado. The drive from Co up can be very hard. I would be scared to drive that alone. If weather is perfect it can be done in a day. But, there would be gas fill up etc.

Here is what I think, not sure why or where the mental health and hospital come in. Sounds like someone threw rocks in the river to create a ripple effect. Thinking people need to stick to the facts and not opinions on my niece or sister.
Start at the beginning, restate your facts, only those stated by authorities or known family, or lawyer. Do a flow chart of events and facts.

BBM

Someone identifying as Kelsey’s aunt on a main post on Facebook, and thus some theories, stated that PF and KB broke up roughly one day prior to when she was last seen. Also, the same person stated that PF said she was on a trip to WA to visit her grandmother. Are you able to lend clarity to that theory?

Last edited:
At the end of Thread 3, Kelsey’s Aunt—who is now a verified insider—confirmed the fiancé picked up the baby at Kelsey’s house.

So it is reasonable to think that Kelsey may have been interrupted by the fiancé arriving to pick up the daughter. The question is whether this was pre-arranged and she expected him to arrive and turned over her daughter willingly.

It’s possible she asked the fiancé to come get the baby so that she had time to bake or do something else with a friend(?)...it’s even possible she intended to catch a ride with someone to Idaho to surprise her family there for the holidays. In which case, the fiancé may have left and she disappeared after leaving with someone else.

It’s possible she did not want the baby to leave with him and there was some sort of argument.

It’s possible that, before this pick up or later in the day, she expressed a sudden need to take a break from her routines and this is why the fiancé did not report her absence as she was absent voluntarily.

Someone identifying as Kelsey’s aunt on a main post on Facebook, and thus some theories, stated that PF and KB broke up roughly one day prior to when she was last seen. Also, the same person stated that PF said she was on a trip to WA to visit her grandmother. Are you able to lend clarity to that theory?
If you can verify that this is true, this opens up a world of possibilities. Who was already driving or flying out that way that Kelsey could have tried to travel with? What accidents took place along those routes?

Unless a stranger was responsible
It could not have been a stranger. Whoever had the cell phone in Idaho knew exactly the people they needed to call so that nobody would be looking. I have to be honest, I am not sure I would know who to call for my wife. Its also a bit suspicious that that location is on the way to family locations; again it speaks to someone who knows where to go or to the calls being made by KB herself. These calls are the best clue LE has released as to what happened and where she might be.

At the end of Thread 3, Kelsey’s Aunt—who is now a verified insider—confirmed the fiancé picked up the baby at Kelsey’s house.

So it is reasonable to think that Kelsey may have been interrupted by the fiancé arriving to pick up the daughter. The question is whether this was pre-arranged and she expected him to arrive and turned over her daughter willingly.

It’s possible she asked the fiancé to come get the baby so that she had time to bake or do something else with a friend(?)...it’s even possible she intended to catch a ride with someone to Idaho to surprise her family there for the holidays. In which case, the fiancé may have left and she disappeared after leaving with someone else.

It’s possible she did not want the baby to leave with him and there was some sort of argument.

It’s possible that, before this pick up or later in the day, she expressed a sudden need to take a break from her routines and this is why the fiancé did not report her absence as she was absent voluntarily.
All very good points. And possibilities. Also support for the need to speculate using the facts we do have while remaining on track to help bring this case to, hopefully a positive, conclusion.

It could not have been a stranger. Whoever had the cell phone in Idaho knew exactly the people they needed to call so that nobody would be looking. I have to be honest, I am not sure I would know who to call for my wife. Its also a bit suspicious that that location is on the way to family locations; again it speaks to someone who knows where to go or to the calls being made by KB herself. These calls are the best clue LE has released as to what happened and where she might be.

They could have looked at prior text messages to know. Also could have been tagged in her phone as “work” or something along those lines

I think it felt offensive that people were referencing a mental health issue without information, so I agree with Kelsey’s Aunt that there needs to be some sensitivity and commitment to sticking with the facts.

That said, the nature of this site is to try and think about options others may have not yet uncovered. I have participated in cases here where users have used these kind of scenarios to deliver helpful tips or leads to LE and where they have helped with search parties and flyering. So while it’s critical we stay respectful, I think we should stay committed to the conversation and keep turning over rocks out of support for Kelsey. This is an unbelievably hard thing for families. Yet, until she is found, Kelsey could be anywhere and it could be someone here that thinks of a possibility no one else has discovered.
I think that was a pretty innocent attempt to understand the phone location in Idaho and why someone might be missing and have their phone ping right at that spot. There is a facility near there and she conceivably could be there, its a question for LE to ask obviously.

Sounds like someone threw rocks in the river to create a ripple effect. Thinking people need to stick to the facts
Start at the beginning, restate your facts, only those stated by authorities or known family, or lawyer. Do a flow chart of events and facts.

Yes, there was ALOT of early misinformation. I'm hoping I've done the following correctly and that it contains all recent developments:

22 Nov am - KB speaks to her mother (CB) on phone
22 Nov - approx 12.30pm KB shops at Safeway with child. KB last seen wearing a white shirt, gray sweater, blue pants, white shoes and carrying a brown purse
22 Nov - later in the day PF picks up child from KB's house

25 Nov - CB phones PF to find out if he has seen Kelsey. He reports seeing her when he picked up the child on 11/22 but not since
25 Nov - text from KB's phone to employer stating she will not be in for a week
25 Nov - text from KB's phone to PF [content unconfirmed]

2 Dec - mom reports KB missing to WPD
2 Dec - WPD do a welfare check on KB's house, find no one home. 2 vehicles, KB's suitcases and makeup reported to be still at the residence

10 Dec - LE hold press conference, CB attends, PF does not attend
12 Dec - LE release footage of KB entering Safeway
12 Dec - PF's attorney issues statement
13 Dec - community hold vigil in Woodland Park, CB attends, PF does not attend

Various misinformation spreads in media outlets and SM forums during this time. Most notably the following contradictions or confusions:

- conflicting reports about when the welfare check was carried out
- conflicting reports about when CB reported KB missing
- conflicting reports about whether KB had spoken to CB on 11/22 or not
- conflicting reports about where the child was picked up and from what location
- conflicting reports about whether or not KB has connections in Idaho

If it ends up being proven true that she was broken up and was traveling toward family—as was suggested above, but is unconfirmed as far as I know, then it does make it more likely in my mind that Kelsey may have sent the texts herself. However, anyone who had my phone could look at the threads of text messages I send most often and easily figure out who I worked for and who my spouse was based on reading the texts—I.e. “Hey, I am going to be a little late to work” or “Do you know if I am scheduled for Thursday” etc.

Yes, there was ALOT of early misinformation. I'm hoping I've done the following correctly and that it contains all recent developments:

22 Nov am - KB speaks to her mother (CB) on phone
22 Nov - approx 12.30pm KB shops at Safeway with child. KB last seen wearing a white shirt, gray sweater, blue pants, white shoes and carrying a brown purse
22 Nov - later in the day PF picks up child from KB's house

25 Nov - CB phones PF to find out if he has seen Kelsey. He reports seeing her when he picked up the child on 11/22 but not since
25 Nov - text from KB's phone to employer stating she will not be in for a week
25 Nov - text from KB's phone to PF [content unconfirmed]

2 Dec - mom reports KB missing to WPD
2 Dec - WPD do a welfare check on KB's house, find no one home. 2 vehicles, KB's suitcases and makeup reported to be still at the residence

10 Dec - LE hold press conference, CB attends, PF does not attend
12 Dec - LE release footage of KB entering Safeway
12 Dec - PF's attorney issues statement
13 Dec - community hold vigil in Woodland Park, CB attends, PF does not attend

Various misinformation spreads in media outlets and SM forums during this time. Most notably the following contradictions or confusions:

- conflicting reports about when the welfare check was carried out
- conflicting reports about when CB reported KB missing
- conflicting reports about whether KB had spoken to CB on 11/22 or not
- conflicting reports about where the child was picked up and from what location
- conflicting reports about whether or not KB has connections in Idaho

Somehow, I didn’t realize her mom called PF on the 25th to ask if he had seen her, and that also was the day that the texts then went out from her phone. Interesting. Almost like the pressure was turned on by the call

I think the surprise trip to visit family, where something happened along the way is unlikely- she would take the baby her family never gets to see would she not? And she would drive her car, with the car seat and all the baby stuff inside. Something interrupted just after baking- I mean who can leave cinnamon roles on the counter without testing a couple

I think that was a pretty innocent attempt to understand the phone location in Idaho and why someone might be missing and have their phone ping right at that spot. There is a facility near there and she conceivably could be there, its a question for LE to ask obviously.
I agree. I didn’t criticize it. I just think it is difficult for family members during this time and such assumptions, especially if they didn’t see the original context, could feel offensive...so we do our best to carry on while being sensitive and empathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member