CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
She did not have family there. Her family lives way up in the Idaho panhandle, a few hours from the Canadian border. If she was driving to see them, she would go up through Colorado, Wyoming, and Montana.
Gooding is way down in south central Idaho, a few hours from Nevada. There would be no reason to go that way if she was driving to the Sandpoint area in north Idaho.

Yes but if it was a real ping how does that connect him to the crime? Wouldn't they think it could be that she was in that area since she had family there? How would that make them suspect him more?

She did not have family there. Her family lives way up in the Idaho panhandle, a few hours from the Canadian border. If she was driving to see them, she would go up through Colorado, Wyoming, and Montana.
Gooding is way down in south central Idaho, a few hours from Nevada. There would be no reason to go that way if she was driving to the Sandpoint area in north Idaho.
Some people do not have a good sense of direction or just wanted to get far away from CO to ditch her phone.

It doesnt. You just keep going where the facts lead you. A judge approved a sealed warrant to search PF's property and his truck. A warrant must be based on reliable information showing probable cause. Meaning the police need to show a judge the evidence they have that leads them to believe a crime was committed on his property and using his truck. The warrant is sealed as to not tip off the suspect what LE knows. So its safe to say LE presented some evidence that the red pickup they towed away was somehow involved in KB's disappearance or they couldn't have had it towed.
Yes, I understand that, but thats not what was in the post.
I was replying to the ping being a real ping and how that related to the search warrant and that the FBI was involved because it was out of state. That's the only part I was questioning. I don't understand the connection between the ping and the FBI presence.

We have no way of knowing, but isn't it very common for LE to work with the DA on SW's, and for the DA to tell them "not enough yet, go get more evidence"? LE/DA may even have been rebuffed by a judge as long ago as Dec 3 on not enough probable cause? Pressers and vigils highlight the case to the broader public, and I keep wondering if that critical witness or CCTV footage finally arrived because of these actions.

Other posters pointed out this theory about a Christmas tree upthread (I was thinking this, too): KB & K should have arrived home from Safeway about 1PM. What if PF arrived, said let's skip going out to eat and go up to my ranch to find a tree? PF could have offered to have a quiet in-home evening, he'll set up the tree brought back in his truck, let's eat sandwiches. KB might have been happy about this change of plans. The 3 leave in his truck, KB still in casual clothes, cars at her house.

If a neighbor saw KB get in a red truck on Thanksgiving, or even a dinner guest of a neighbor like that relative who is always going outside to smoke, and has now made a statement of what they saw, that might be enough probable cause?

Yes of course. That is what helps build probable cause. They obviously have something otherwise they wouldn't have towed his car away. But if you're telling the public PF is cooperating then someone who may have seen PF and KB in the truck together on thanksgiving may not come forward in helping build probable cause. They figure well he's cooperating so no need for me to get involved.

Yes, I understand that, but thats not what was in the post.
I was replying to the ping being a real ping and how that related to the search warrant and that the FBI was involved because it was out of state. That's the only part I was questioning. I don't understand the connection between the ping and the FBI presence.

Oh sorry, FBI only gets involved in crimes against children, serial killers, terrorism, and interstate crime. KB's cell phone pinging off an out of state tower makes it interstate crime.

After following the Watts case I vowed not to get involved in another case. It was emotionally draining and time consuming . . . Now I'm obsessed with following this case! Finally caught up and read every post on all five threads. So glad to see some progress was made today in finally executing a search warrant.

I noticed that KB's Pinterest has numerous references to Toxic People and their relationships. It seems some of them could be directed at certain individuals, such as a boyfriend, dad, mom or mil, etc. It struck me that most of the quotes suggested that it's okay to walk away from the people who treat you certain ways.

Any thoughts anyone on whether her Quotes page has any significance to her disappearance?

I didn't see that. It would seem to imply she went missing on Thanksgiving but then maybe because of the text message she wasn't assumed missing at that point. Until she never returned.
From the first press conference, the police chief makes it clear that November 22/Thanksgiving was the last day Kelsey was seen. She wasn't scheduled to work that day. On November 25, "she" texted her work and "advised" (the police chief first said "requested," then corrected himself to say "advised") her work that that she was going to be off. When LE contacted Kelsey's job on December 2, they advised of the text they had received on November 25. Perhaps her work was perplexed or put out by her text, but they probably did not assume that it was suspect or that she was missing.

The lack of clarity about everything, means that I am unsure of anything.

The Watts case was the opposite in that regard, and certainly the opposite in regards to what we knew about the victim.

We had no shortage of information about her life, probably too much information (it was weaponized after all).

But I’d rather too much than too little, which is where we find ourselves here.
This is a very strange case. I understand LE not sharing many details regarding the investigation, but I think it's rare that we hear or know so little about any of the players.

That's what I read at first but now it seems she called to report her missing on the same day she spoke to him, when he told her about the text messages. That would be December 2nd. But I haven't seen the source for that.
You have to watch the first press conference and you will hear the police chief say it. That is the source for that information.

Video: Taylor Bishop on Twitter
Here's a timeline of what we know so far about Kelsey Berreth's disappearance. @FOX21News
Annnnndd.......she says CBI gets involved on "November 4." Sigh. She simply misspoke, but man this reporting and timeline reporting has been terrible and sloppy.

ETA: She also says "Kelsey dropped her daughter off with her fiance."

I thought they were in Laclede? I think their church is in Sandpoint...?
MOO
???

Sandpoint mother says daughter's disappearance is 'completely out of character'

By: Ariana Lake Posted: Dec 10, 2018 05:15 PM PST
Updated: Dec 10, 2018 11:20 PM PST

Vanished: Authorities investigating disappearance of ex-Warden woman
Vanished: Authorities investigating disappearance of ex-Warden woman
December 12, 2018

Kelsey’s parents, retired hay farmers who lived north of Warden until they moved to Sandpoint, Idaho a few years ago, were emotional at the podium during Monday’s press conference in Colorado.

"This is completely out of character. Kelsey loves her god, she loves her family, friends and she loves her job. She doesn't run off and someone knows where she's at. Kelsey, (sobbing) we just want you home, call us if you can and we won't quit looking," said Kelsey's mom, Cheryl Berreth.

Last edited:
From the first press conference, the police chief makes it clear that November 22/Thanksgiving was the last day Kelsey was seen. She wasn't scheduled to work that day. On November 25, "she" texted her work and "advised" (the police chief first said "requested," then corrected himself to say "advised") her work that that she was going to be off. When LE contacted Kelsey's job on December 2, they advised of the text they had received on November 25. Perhaps her work was perplexed or put out by her text, but they probably did not assume that it was suspect or that she was missing.

This is a very strange case. I understand LE not sharing many details regarding the investigation, but I think it's rare that we hear or know so little about any of the players.
Well either way he may have just misspoke. I don't think he was saying that she went missing on Thanksgiving and then resurfaced because of the text message saying she wouldn't be coming in to work next week. He probably just described it that way because that was the last time someone ( supposedly) heard from her. Imo

Well either way he may have just misspoke. I don't think he was saying that she went missing on Thanksgiving and then resurfaced because of the text message saying she wouldn't be coming in to work next week. He probably just described it that way because that was the last time someone ( supposedly) heard from her. Imo
I didn't take it that he was saying it that way at all. Just that after she was missing, messages were sent from her phone.

You have to watch the first press conference and you will hear the police chief say it. That is the source for that information.
Thank you. Someone had asked about it and I wasn't sure where the information came from.

It was worded awkwardly like many things in this case, but another reporter asked for that statement to be clarified at the end of the press conference. The police chief responded: "She... was off on the 22nd, and then she got ahold of her employer, and requested time off, or [rather] advised that she was going to be off."
I think I interpret the awkward 12/10 presser statement as an intentional slip about what LE really believed after a week of investigating, not unlike his tone and remarks like "you'll have to ask Patrick about that." LE strongly believed that KB was missing since 11/22 and did not believe she sent the text to her employer, jmo.

I also think specifically mentioning Gooding, Idaho, was strategic. LE was already on to something because mentioning it to the public is all but useless. Is there an accomplice there?

Annnnndd.......she says CBI gets involved on "November 4." Sigh. She simply misspoke, but man this reporting and timeline reporting has been terrible and sloppy.

ETA: She also says "Kelsey dropped her daughter off with her fiance."
I heard that too. SMH!

???
By: Ariana Lake Posted: Dec 10, 2018 05:15 PM PST
Updated: Dec 10, 2018 11:20 PM PST
Who really knows, lol?! :p

"Cheryl Berreth, who lives in Laclede, reported her daughter missing just after noon on Dec. 2, Woodland Park Police Chief Miles De Young said at the news conference."
Fundraiser is created for missing woman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members