LA LA - Slidell, WhtFem 20-30, UP852, Breast Implants, Pregnant Jun'86

Status
Not open for further replies.
Army wife also makes sense. I agree, there's a lot to digest.. I do, however, have LPJD in the back of my mind whenever I search through non-American mps from the 70s/80s.

I'm thinking military wife, as well, I think I mentioned that a few pages back

Shouldn't they be able to tell the difference between asphyxiation and drowning? If drowning, her lungs would have been filled with fluid, right?

One article above states they can't tell if she were deceased when entering the water, the other states she was. Not sure who to believe.

Agreed, the early reports from the coroner (1986) stated he could not determine what caused her death only that it was a form of asphyxiation. Then in a 2004 it was noted as she had died prior to going into the lake. There was also a conflicting report of her age originally it was 17-20 years old however after she was exhumed and examined it was determined her age was between 20-30. I believe there was also conflicting information in regards to her height as well initially she was taller then later after being exhumed she was shorter.

It was also noted that a lot of the information in the original investigation was lost it was mentioned in one of the later articles.

Attachments

• 20040314 - American Press.pdf
    27 KB · Views: 4
Agreed, the early reports from the coroner (1986) stated he could not determine what caused her death only that it was a form of asphyxiation. Then in a 2004 it was noted as she had died prior to going into the lake. There was also a conflicting report of her age originally it was 17-20 years old however after she was exhumed and examined it was determined her age was between 20-30. I believe there was also conflicting information in regards to her height as well initially she was taller then later after being exhumed she was shorter.

It was also noted that a lot of the information in the original investigation was lost it was mentioned in one of the later articles.
Thanks for the clarification! :confused:

Did I miss something here? What's to be confused about? I thought it made perfect sense and helped clearing the things I didn't quite get, so thank you for explaining so well, folie! And Carbuff is right: Sometimes you just need to take a step back to gain clearity again. We've all been there. We'll tag you if something happens :)

Thanks for taking some of the confusion away (not causing it :) ) If you look at the discrepancies between the initial and later LPJD's profile, you start to wonder how accurate the stats are 0f other Jane Does from that era and area.

Thanks for taking some of the confusion away (not causing it :) ) If you look at the discrepancies between the initial and later LPJD's profile, you start to wonder how accurate the stats are 0f other Jane Does from that era and area.

If they couldn’t originally determine if she died prior to entering the lake, how could they now? It’s still possible the new prediction is right, but is it possible it was an accidental death and someone tried to cover it up, for example, an asthma attack and no inhaler, or even drowning? It could be accidental, and the strip naked and bag were just to hide her body.

Yes, post mortems from before the mid-eighties were often performed by people with little or no background in forensics. Often the coroner was just a local physician whose main job was to certify heart attacks and old people dying in nursing homes. The discrepancies with this Jane Doe are smaller than some of the others, where major things like sex have turned out to be wrong. :p

If they couldn’t originally determine if she died prior to entering the lake, how could they now? It’s still possible the new prediction is right, but is it possible it was an accidental death and someone tried to cover it up, for example, an asthma attack and no inhaler, or even drowning? It could be accidental, and the strip naked and bag were just to hide her body.

Well everything is possible...but drowning? I can see somebody drowning, but why stage it as a crime? There is no need for that...you will be swapped away with the tied, nobody has to know you were even near her when this happened...strip naked and put a bag over her head, you could do that on the scene, again why, but going back home to fetch the weights...(or they must have been in a car...) I don't know. IMO It's sounds and looks like a murder to me and she needs to be identified, whatever the cause of death was.

Yes, post mortems from before the mid-eighties were often performed by people with little or no background in forensics. Often the coroner was just a local physician whose main job was to certify heart attacks and old people dying in nursing homes. The discrepancies with this Jane Doe are smaller than some of the others, where major things like sex have turned out to be wrong. :p

Oeiii, that has to be considered when searching for matches all the time. I think I missed my calling...thanks for the info.

Well everything is possible...but drowning? I can see somebody drowning, but why stage it as a crime? There is no need for that...you will be swapped away with the tied, nobody has to know you were even near her when this happened...strip naked and put a bag over her head, you could do that on the scene, again why, but going back home to fetch the weights...(or they must have been in a car...) I don't know. IMO It's sounds and looks like a murder to me and she needs to be identified, whatever the cause of death was.

The weights may even belong to Jane Doe. This could have been staged, like how the Annandale Jane Doe from 1996 asphyxiated herself through suicide.

The weights may even belong to Jane Doe. This could have been staged, like how the Annandale Jane Doe from 1996 asphyxiated herself through suicide.

I sure like people who look beyond the obvious. But why? Annandale Jane Doe is a totally different situation. She was thought to have committed suicide. Yes agree, that could have been staged.....LPJD did definitely not took her own life and it wasn't an accident..I'm sure of that. And actually it doesn't matter...both should go home...identified...although for Annandale Jane Doe I'm not sure..It looks like she made arrangements to really wanting to go to oblivion without a name...I will never be like that, only when there's nobody left to love, so this is hard to understand.

Last edited:

All signs point to this case being a homicide. Additionally, the fact that she was pregnant makes homicide even more likely.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member