CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
Kesely-Berreth.jpg

WOODLAND PARK – The Woodland Park Police Department is asking for the public’s help in locating a missing 29-year-old woman.

According to Woodland Park PD, Kesely Berreth was last seen in Woodland Park on Nov. 22nd.

Berreth is described as a white female, 5’3″ tall, 110 pounds, with brown hair.

If you have any information on her whereabouts, please contact the Woodland Park Police Department at (719) 687-9262.

Woodland Park PD seeking public’s help in locating missing woman

Woodland Park Police Department

Media, Maps, and Timelines Thread *NO DISCUSSION*

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5

Thread #6

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Everyone,

Please join me in welcoming Kelsey’s Aunt into our group of verified family members.
Remember a verified member does not need to provide links to back up what they post.
You can ask verified members questions but it is up to the verified member whether they will answer you.

Please be polite if you do have a discussion with a verified member. Posters who are willing to become verified do so much to help us understand what is really going on in cases on Websleuths. Especially in a case like Kelsey's.

Welcome Kelsey's Aunt. If there is anything Websleuths can do for you and your family please do not hesitate to ask.

Sincerely,
Tricia Griffith
Owner/Websleuths.com

MOD NOTE

I spoke to @Tricia and we will allow sleuthing of PF. Please use his initials when referring to him. Don't outright accuse him of murder on the thread. It's obvious LE is looking at him and is interested in him. So, we are using common sense and allowing PF to be sleuthed at this time. Of course this is subject to change if PF is publicly cleared by LE.

Search warrant executed at Kelsey Berreth's fiance's home
Woodland Park Police Chief Miles De Young said at an afternoon news conference that Berreth's disappearance was "more suspicious" than authorities originally believed and said that they now believe she is not "intentionally avoiding efforts to find her."

De Young said there were no details available Friday about what led to a judge signing off on the warrant at Frazee's home, nor what they are seeking at the home, because the warrant is sealed.

He said investigators are now hoping Frazee will sit down and talk with investigators. He has thus far only communicated with them through his attorney, De Young said.

But Frazee is now not being ruled out as a suspect in Berreth's disappearance, De Young said. Asked if Frazee was considered a suspect or person of interest, De Young said investigators were "considering every possibility" and were "not willing to jump to conclusions."

De Young said Friday afternoon that there were "a number of other things" done up through Thursday night that led to a judge signing off on the warrant. He praised the agencies working on the case, which he called a "rough case to investigate."

De Young said Friday afternoon that it was investigators' "hope" that Berreth was still alive and said that was "absolutely a possibility."

Summary of PC:

23 days since KB last seen -- LE don't believe this is intentional,
Search warrant includes several agencies -- warrant sealed,
Asking PF to sit down with investigators,
Suspect/POI? LE not willing to commit,
Wells Fargo fund for family set up,
DA confirms Woodland Park work and partners FBI, CBI, Teller County Sheriff, and Multi States cooperating,
Looking for help from the community with any info beginning with 11/22/18 Thanksgiving,
Woodland Park PD is contact for this investigation

Media Q/A:

Hope is that KB is still alive
Judge had enough info to sign off on search warrant
No briefing on any findings yet (at residence)
Confirming PF has not sat down with investigators (he was last person to see KB)
PF communicating through his attorney
Case is taking toll on WPPD -- rough investigation
Cannot comment on search of PF truck
Text msg to PF from KB phone -- can't comment
CB has not seen the baby girl/granddaughter
LE has seen the baby -- no word/reason on whether baby will be taken from PF
Officers search Florissant home of Kelsey Berreth's fiancé

Please continue discussion here. Make sure to read liltexans' guidance above. Do not discuss information about the family of KB or PF unless it has been reported by LE/MSM. Don't discuss comments on social media pages unless they are posted by an admin of an approved public page (ex. Missing Mother - Kelsey Berreth or Woodland Park Police Department). Thanks!

Last edited:
Surely LE has checked with all the possible avenues of transportation she might have taken IF she left on her own.
IF she did not leave on her own, there is NO question (MOO) that she was taken by someone who knew her because of the text sent to her employer.
I will be shocked if she’s found on his property but I agree it needs to be searched.
I considered he might have told her let’s go to your grandmothers (would have been smart but would show premeditation) BUT she didn’t take anything with her which makes it more obvious that she wasn’t the one planning what happened that day.
I also believe she intended to leave him, which is why I don’t believe she left to go cry over break-up, and why I believe PF did something to her.
It is HIS story that says she was going to see her grandmother. I also suspect that that someone else drove her whereever she went. @Kelsey's Aunt, also said they broke up on the day before Thanksgiving or on Thanksgiving. If on the day before Thanksgiving, that gave him time to think. Some of his supporters seems to be suggesting that she was unstable and that would also fit with this narrative that he was either taking her to her grandmother's for a time out and/or to a facility. Someone earlier had posted that there was one near Gooding. It would be really dumb to kill her in either of their home areas, so quite possibly she was alive when it left, but if he did kill her, it was most likely far, far from where they lived on the way to Grandma's house. That is alot of territory to cover to search and with a snowy winter already upon us.

Whether he killed her, dropped her off alive somewhere and told her to walk, or put her in a facility....it seems like there is a well thought out narrative already developed.

This must be so grueling on Kelsey’s poor family, I hope they are well supported right now and LE finds some answers for them.

The slow response to her being missing reminded me a bit of Joyce Carol Vincent, and how easily one can become isolated even when engaging with the world daily. :(

Doesn’t she have wedding things posted on one of her social pages? That does not sound like she did not want to get married...jmo

Again, it is quite possible the relationship broke down. Maybe even during the pregnancy. And she’s told family they are engaged or what not, to curb the religious judgement. Tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow.

It’s quite possible she has a pattern of going away for a time. I’d imagine the family would object to this too as women should have certain roles in a family.

His quietness and getting a lawyer could be due to the fact the reality of their day to day lives totally contradict what she told her family. And obviously, it makes him look very suspicious. Again, even him not reporting her missing could be related to the potential that she has a pattern of being away...perhaps moon lighting as a pilot somewhere, ferrying planes, giving out of state private lessons for quick easy cash...

I can’t carry a quote here, but her having a PO Box in Florissant could merely be related to certifying pilots or her job. Not wanting to give out a home address. That’s not unreasonable.
I also understand not wanting to give a home address. But why Florissant? Why not a P.O. Box where SHE resides? Unless it's on her way to work?

Again, it is quite possible the relationship broke down. Maybe even during the pregnancy. And she’s told family they are engaged or what not, to curb the religious judgement. Tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow.

It’s quite possible she has a pattern of going away for a time. I’d imagine the family would object to this too as women should have certain roles in a family.

His quietness and getting a lawyer could be due to the fact the reality of their day to day lives totally contradict what she told her family. And obviously, it makes him look very suspicious. Again, even him not reporting her missing could be related to the potential that she has a pattern of being away...perhaps moon lighting as a pilot somewhere, ferrying planes, giving out of state private lessons for quick easy cash...
At least four different relatives have said it is out of character for Kelsey to take off and/or that she’s never done this before.
MOO

I also understand not wanting to give a home address. But why Florissant? Why not a P.O. Box where SHE resides? Unless it's on her way to work?

Colorado has a lot of small towns, people know people and you run into people. If someone had her home town, they could find her. It’s not that hard. I’ve had P.O. Boxes in other counties due to this as well.

As far as PF not coming forward bc it may bring out details that don’t jive with a story that KB was telling relatives, it’s just hard for me to accept that possibility. If I’m the “logical” suspect in a disappearance, I’m going to be as upfront as I possibly can be- assuming I’m not guilty. Obv JMO but I’m not going to make myself look more guilty to protect someone else’s false narrative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire